originalpiratematerial - "you're an apprentice, you're not ready to think yet"

Ah, the pens ... chucking all the ones that don't actually work sounds like a very simple measure that would reduce a lot of unnecessary frustration in my life, too (just like getting rid of all the socks where one of the pair is missing).

Glad to see you doing well! :)

• Like 1

"There are some good things to be said about walking. Not many, but some. Walking takes longer, for example, than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed." Edward Abbey

I get feeling that way sometimes also.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

Yes, but I find that when I'm in a down phase it becomes extraordinarily hard to do a simple thing like chuck some biros that don't work. Weird.

Very interesting observation! In depressed state of mind I am totally unable to get rid of stuff I otherwise chuck out without even thinking. As if one clings to matter in order to have stability or something. And yes, weird. But obviously not an uncommon reaction.

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

join the club ! plus, when i'm feeling down, all i want to do is go back to my couch, and watch all the soccer games i can find, while doing absolutely nothing, and telling myself... there's absolutely nothing i can do to help this... :numbness: :numbness:

ok, i'm watching soccer right now,

:hypnotysed: :hypnotysed: 

but at least i'm posting ! so that may mean, i'm not so bad...

• Like 1

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

I have been really bad at updating! And tbh, I am running out of steam a bit, lost in a welter of client events at work, end of term performances at school and so on. I do have lunch out tomorrow and an evening out on Friday with various women friends and I am so looking forward to both!

Anyway - klaxon - on Saturday I did run 5km, albeit not "easily" - but that means I've more or less fulfilled my main challenge this time around and with a week to spare. TFFT as I would have been disappointed not to get there.

I've been very consistent with runs and strength workouts and recording over 10,000 steps a day - monthly average km per day for the last month is around 9.5.

Not quite so consistent on the other stuff but will do a proper evaluation at the end of this week.

I pretty much know what I'm doing next challenge already...

As for this final week, I did a gym workout today, not quite sure how the rest of the week will pan out though! Just stupid busy...

• Like 1

Insane amount of walking as usual ! You must be destroying your shoes on a weekly basis!

and 5k is a great milestone to dominate with your running too

As for the other stuff you seem to be pretty reckless with the decluttering

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Week 6 is looking better:

One strength workout has been done, and my diary is now freed up on Thursday so I can do another one then, yay

Running will happen first thing Friday morning, then again Saturday afternoon

I've just written a letter to my parents, only managed 2 out the 3 I was hoping to write but hey

I've remembered to bring in my old running shoes, so they can be put in the recycling bin at the local branch of Runners Need

I've been pretty good about not spending money unnecessarily, especially given that Christmas is fast approaching

Onward to victory! Or at least, the weekend!

• Like 4

Thank you Tanktimus  :joyous: I really appreciate the encouragement!

I ran/walked 6.2 km in 42 mins today - 5 mins running, 1 min walking.  It was a dark drizzly old afternoon but not cold and (for once) not windy, so pretty perfect running conditions in my book!  

Tonight I am off to drink prosecco and eat cheese straws and mince pies with my pals.  Expect lots of loud shrieking in London N7...

• Like 1

Thank you Tanktimus  :joyous: I really appreciate the encouragement!

I ran/walked 6.2 km in 42 mins today - 5 mins running, 1 min walking.  It was a dark drizzly old afternoon but not cold and (for once) not windy, so pretty perfect running conditions in my book!  

Tonight I am off to drink prosecco and eat cheese straws and mince pies with my pals.  Expect lots of loud shrieking in London N7...

so... how was London after your evening ? did you end up in jail ? please tell me you eneded up in jail for disturbing public order ! you have to post that photo with your name and identity number !!  :playful:

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

How disapointing ...  :numbness:

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

How disapointing ... :numbness:

Believe me, it's for the best...

As Week 6 was a bit of a damp squib I've decided to extend the challenge by a week. I did a really awesome strength workout today - well, the workout was awesome, I otoh was not...I could feel the Prosecco dregs still in my system...

Over the next few days I would like to aim for two runs and two more strength sessions, which should make up for general slackness last week.

• Like 4

As Week 6 was a bit of a damp squib I've decided to extend the challenge by a week. I

That's a brilliant idea.  Keep at your goals through the holidays.  Also consider building some holiday goals with the Ranger Mini-Challenge, if you're so inclined.

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

So you have bravely mentioned you bravely attempted a plyometric pushup. Well done for attempting that. May I ask that you bravely tell us how well it went?

(bravely of course)

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath