Syren Applies the K*I*S*S Method

Syren

*The Quest for the Uncreaking Body!*

Part 17 -- Keep It Stupid Simple!

*Goal 1 -- Save Money

*Goal 2 -- Lose Mass / Gain Strength / Gain Endurance / Gain Flexibility -- i.e. MOVE!

16l058i.jpg

Zombies Live In Places Like This -- You must Avoid at All Costs!

Starbucks

The Coffee Loft

Panera

Obtain your daily brain boost from homemade iced coffee, utilize your espresso machine!, and take full advantage of being outside where it is gorgeous to take a walk or hang out with friends instead of going to the coffee shop where you easily drop $10 - $15 on food and gain about 2 lbs from the influx of sugar.

r9oeic.jpg

2n377k.jpg

Zombies Seem to Avoid the Pool -- Must be the Chlorine -- Go to the Pool!

• Like 3

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Love it!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39
Current Challenge #40 Strickland5 themes on

Great post, loved the butterfly graphic!  I remember having to do that in my lifeguard training as a teen and finally just had to hold my breathe for the length of the pool is the only way I could complete it!

Big fan of coffee myself, my goto drink at Starbucks now is the Venti Latte with 3 pumps of Sugar Free Caramel, 2 of Sugar Free Vanilla and using Whole Milk!  I am not nearly as concerned by the fat content of the milk, so really the only sugar is from the milk itself.  Tastes fantastic without being high sugar, just something that might be worth trying.

Finished first six challenge for 2015, granting +1 to CON.  Otherwise all 0 stats at this point.

My Introduction post, tells my weight loss journey up to the point I joined NF!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58160-70-there-30-to-go/

Great post, loved the butterfly graphic!  I remember having to do that in my lifeguard training as a teen and finally just had to hold my breathe for the length of the pool is the only way I could complete it!

Big fan of coffee myself, my goto drink at Starbucks now is the Venti Latte with 3 pumps of Sugar Free Caramel, 2 of Sugar Free Vanilla and using Whole Milk!  I am not nearly as concerned by the fat content of the milk, so really the only sugar is from the milk itself.  Tastes fantastic without being high sugar, just something that might be worth trying.

That may be great for you, but by sugar I mean the baked goods -- I like my coffee to taste like coffee, which Starbucks seldom does correctly.

--Also that is an expensive drink! They charge for every pump of flavor and a large frothed milk drink is ridiculously overpriced -- especially when they do not stir the flavoring into the drink!

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

I started writing again!

Ok, it really isn't that exciting -- just a Star Wars stylized RP community on a message board -- but I have missed it

Nothing as wonderful as real writing -- I lack focus, ambition, etc. to finish anything novelesque. 

I have thus far stayed out of coffee shops since Tuesday! So pre-week pumped up progress.

Now, my chocolate almond milk and homebrew have a date with my tastebuds :)

I haven't read the whole of this thread but I assume your plan consists of

1. Rock and Roll all night.

2. Party every day.

So inspiring. Keep it up.

cf5911813c1de46f385d3155e2c00943.jpg

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

There was a swim meet today, so I missed out on my swim -- I will be headed in a poolly direction first thing in the morning.

Avoided the coffee shop -- but I succumbed to mountain dew, so this is probably not a win. I'm going to go make some tea to take with me tomorrow -- I also need to clean out my water bottle me thinks, it tastes funny.

Swim Day

Today was a speed and taper set -- not that I am racing for anything, just I got to practice late and therefore missed the vote about what set we should do

300 swim

100 kick

100 pull + catchup drill

16 x 25 IM order easy/fast/fast/fast

400 moderate free

12 x 25 IM order easy/fast/fast

300 moderate free

8 x 25 IM order easy/fast

200 moderate free

Total ~2300

Still avoiding coffee shops!

Successfully avoided mountain dew since starting the mini-challenge on Tuesday. Thanks bgvanbur!

Do you swim in full on KISS make up? That would be amazing.

I'm in awe of swimmers, it such hard work. I think it's because I have such poor technique and it's too cold.

Well done on avoiding coffee shops.

I am a pool swimmer, so the lifeguards get super irate when I try to wear the makeup to my workout -- it also has a tendency to melt off in chlorine :S

Swimming takes a lot of practice -- and I would also add motivation

I mean, you can swim for 30 minutes and appear to get no where distance wise (maybe a quarter to a half mile) -- but burn around 300 - 400 calories (depending on your body weight and activity level) where as you could go run for the same amount of time and go much father possibly burning more calories. Also swimming costs about 3x as much as running (running being free). 

Syren's swimming motivation:

dolphin.png4

Also, thanks for the encouragement! The struggle of avoiding the coffee shop is real!

Welp, I made my transition from floored mattress to a 3 inch foam mat. I felt pretty relaxed when I woke up this morning, despite filling out job applications into the wee hours of the morning. 

I have not been swimming since Tuesday -- my body seems bound and determined to bleed to death so I am going to wait until the flood stems before getting back into the pool Yay anatomy.

So far so good on the slaying of coffee shop zombies. Now to complete my xmas shopping with this abundance of cash...

I have not been paying close attention to my current 6-week challenge -- mostly been phoning it in. 

For the past few challenges, I have been losing track of which week I am on -- which is due to my low prioritization of posting on NF. I think we are about to enter week 5 of this end of fall 2015 challenge. So I am going to reboot it now here instead of fully waiting until the next mini-challenge to the end of the year. 

I like to start my challenges on Sundays -- so today begins:

THE QUEST FOR THE UNCREAKING BODY

EPISODE XVIII

THE FORCE AWAKENS

After an untimely defeat at the hands of Darth Procrastination, Syren finds herself alone on Myrkr, the dangerous Force absent planet in the midrim. Shut off from the Force and surrounded by deadly Vornskrs, Syren must remember how to survive in the wilds of unforgiving planets and make her way to safety in the Neti or human settlements dotting the planet.

Little does Syren know, that Darth Procrastination hovers above the planet, awaiting the perfect moment to strike. Syren must make an important decision: Side with Darth Procrastination and seek the path of destruction as a Sith, or maintain the narrow virtue of the Jedi. 

The Jedi Code

Emotion, Yet Peace

Ignorance, Yet Knowledge

Passion, Yet Serenity

Chaos, Yet Harmony

Death, Yet the Force

The Code of the Sith

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.

Through Passion, I gain Strength.

Through Strength, I gain Power.

Through Power, I gain Victory.

Through Victory, My chains are Broken!

The Force shall set me Free

Quest 1: Find Food

Sith Gains +1 for each consumed

Sugar

Dairy

Grain

Alcohol

Jedi Gains +1 for each consumed

Vegetables

Fruits

Flesh

Water

Quest 2: Gain Strength

Sith Gains +2 for sleeping in to ignore strength training

Jedi Gains +2 for > 2 workouts per week

Quest 3: Stay Flexible

Sith Gains +3 for watching TV to ignore flexibility training

Jedi Gains +3 for > 2 workouts per week 

Quest 4: Seek Wisdom

Sith Gains +1 for each activity used to ignore Spanish practice

SWTOR (per 10 minutes)

Pinterest (per 10 minutes)

Jedi Gains +1 for each activity completed

10 minutes of Duolingo Spanish daily

30 minutes Listen to Spanish audiobook or podcast daily

20 minutes of Spoken Spanish daily

Bonus Quest: Keep Moving

Sith Gains +1 for sitting still for more than 20 minutes

Jedi Gains +1 for > 4 swims per week and > 15,000 steps per week

Tracking

11/29/2015 to 12/05/2015 Week 1: Jedi () Sith ()

12/06/2015 to 12/12/2015 Week 2: Jedi () Sith ()

12/13/2015 to 12/19/2015 Week 3: Jedi () Sith ()

12/20/2015 to 12/28/2015 Week 4: Jedi () Sith ()

12/29/2015 to 01/02/2016 Week 5: Jedi () Sith ()

01/03/2015 to 01/09/2016 Week 6: Jedi () Sith ()

Challenge Total: Jedi () Sith ()

Find Food

Week 1: Su (3) M () T () W () R () F () Sa () 

Week 2: Su () M () T () W () R () F () Sa ()

Week 3: Su () M () T () W () R () F () Sa ()

Week 4: Su () M () T () W () R () F () Sa ()

Week 5: Su () M () T () W () R () F () Sa ()

Week 6: Su () M () T () W () R () F () Sa ()

Gain Strength

Week 1: Su () M () T () W () R () F () Sa () 

Stay Flexible

Seek Wisdom

Keep Moving