• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Xena

Xena doubles down

You and your friends had fun running in cold, dark wet conditions. That has got to be the definition of bullet-proof for a Ranger.

One of those things that's miserable by yourself, but fun (and still a little miserable) in the right company.

Week 2 Wrap-up

In general this week was good. I was able to catch up on a lot of things. Mostly a recovery week from running, but will ramp up again next week. Just starting to feel a little soreness in my elbow, so going to be conservative with the pushups in week 3.

Run 160 miles 19 miles this week including a 12 mile run today. 101.2 to go for the challenge. The next two weeks will be important training weeks, and then I can taper.

500 pushups! These are scaled. Negatives count as 1 point, full pushups count as 3. 129 points this week (8 full and 105 negatives). Brings me to 216 points for the challenge. The next few days I'm going to wear my elbow brace and limit myself to 15 negatives.

Cross train – Goal is at least 10 times at the gym. Twice this week, so 3x so far during the challenge. Working back into my routine. Will add back in some light assisted chin ups this week, with a plan to work in negatives the following week. Again need to be careful not to irritate my elbow. Upright rows bother it, so I'm going to ditch those. In the past bicep curls also bothered it, so I'll see how those go (I know that I can relieve some of that by shifting my grip).

Swab the deck!  This is a sort of “adulting challenge†(goal was 50 points). 15 points this week (7 from daily chores and 8 from "dreaded tasks"). 19 so far for the challenge. I still have a couple trips coming up, so I needed to get ahead on this one.

• Like 5

Xena doubles down, indeed!  Great to see you're keeping at it.  What's the game plan for Week 3?

Main plan is run 15-20 miles during the week and then a 3-hour run on the weekend. Everything else kind of fits around that...couple days at the gym, some stretching, and a few pushups each day.

• Like 5

So much enthusiasm for crushing Week 3 going around.  It's like everyone who struggled through Week 2 saved all of their might and majesty for getting this far.

Now we need to make the first half of our challenge look like a strong showing.  Watch out, Week 3...

• Like 3

Monday good session at the gym...2nd "pull" day since starting back. From last week, I added on some assisted parallel grip chin/pull-ups (hoping to add chin up progression to my next challenge but want to do some base-building first) and added a couple light sets of lat pull-downs. Yesterday biceps, lats and obliques all wonderfully achy.

Yesterday 4 mile run in the morning.

Between the two days added 32 more negatives to my total. Going to be conservatives one more day to give my elbow a rest. Can try for one or two full push-ups tomorrow. Tonight will also be our weekly track workout.

Got a big promotion at work yesterday. My professional title is now officially Pirate Queen (wow, you find some weird sketchy pictures if you search that on google!).

pirate_captain_by_ogilvie-d47revl.jpg

• Like 9

HOW DID I MISS ALL THE PIRATE THEMES THIS IS SO UNFAIR

also, reading your workout planning makes me have to go lie down and breathe deeply

• Like 2

Yarrrr, it be great yer hard work be finally gettin' the recognition it deserves. 

I hear you on the difficulty of finding sfw female pirates on google. It has severly held back my google-image game on your thread.

Beatrice.jpg

But I would not give up so easily on the day of your coronation.

• Like 5

Yeah, mine wasn't exactly a great pirate picture, but I wanted to get a treasure chest in there. And for a "pirate queen treasure chest" search, it was actually one of the less offensive ones. It's like chainmail bikini all over again.

Awesomeness on the promotion Pirate Queen! Your scurvyness and drive to find buried booty is strrooooong! And I love how your proving that not ALL Rangers have a distaste for running. Log those miles, Xena, you're doing GREAT!

80a37ca2033ef9e443979f0322dbbce0.jpg

Wolf

• Like 3