Hello all! I'm working on a lot of stuff and decided to start a battle log! I'm moving in the next month, so no challenge for me this next round. But I'll be back better than ever in 2016! I wanted to keep up the accountability and stay involved here, so here I am!

A little bit about me: Growing up my main exercise was ballet and I did that for 12 years. Going into college that kinda all disappeared. The freshman 15 wasn't really a problem, but the sophomore 10 definitely happened (that's what happens when you give up and eat fries for most meals after your father passes away). In grad school I rediscovered how happy exercising made me, I picked up running and some strength training and joined the Ballet Club.  After grad school I picked up pilates and yoga and continued ballet. I just started kettlebell training about a month ago, and it's a new love! With this move, I'm probably going back to my bodyweight roots since I won't have a gym or a job, but hey, lots of free time!  I'm also losing my workout buddies, so I'll need the accountability more than ever!

So in the name of accountability,  here's my MFP. If you care to read that much, I've been on it for 2.5 years, ever since that grad school rediscovery of exercise. I'm debating not eating back my exercise calories and/or upping my daily activity level, but that will depend on what my routine becomes in the next few weeks.

I'm still working on specific goals and challenges for myself, but I'm forseeing some form of crow pose, splits and side splits as definite goals, along with some weight loss and body weight work. I also need to do better measurement tracking. And of course I need to stay sane and act like an adult during this whole move thing.  Once I figure all this out, I'll post again :)

For now, 80's aerobics are the best.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26272-1334684200-14

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Okay, I have some workouts to log from last week (I hit 3, which is my unofficial goal for now). October 31st was my last day with my gym membership, so it will be harder to get them in now, plus I'm traveling for the next two weeks with only Mon and Tues at home on each week.

Notes: There are only 2 kettlebells at the gym I go to, both of which have no labels. I guess that they are about 20 and 26lbs respectively, but I'm not sure, I'll just call them that for the sake of notation. For some moves I subbed in a dumbbell (12 lbs) but tried to keep kettlebell form.

Thursday (workout 1):

Deadlifts: 26lbs 2x10

Popups: 26lbs 2x10

Swings: 26lbs 2x10

Squats: 26lbs 2x5

1 arm swings: 20lbs 1x8 each side

Cleans: 20lbs 2x5

Press: 12lbs 1x10 (each side)

Windmills: 12lbs 1x10 (each side)

Chin-ups: 100lbs assist 1x3

Leg press: 100lbs 1x10

Thursday (Workout 2):

Ballet class! Successes were: Solid 1st arabesque over 90 degrees, inside pique turn, and keeping artistry during a quick petit allegro

Friday:

Deadlifts: 20lbs 1x10

Swings: 20lbs 2x10

Squats: 20lbs 2x5

1 arm swings: 20lbs 1x10 each side

Press: 12lbs 1x5 (each side)

Windmills: 12lbs 1x10 (each side)

Chin-ups: 100lbs assist 1x3

Calorie-wise, I hit my goal of 300 under maintenance for the week. I think this week I'm going to try to not eat back my exercise calories, other than my specific workouts. 

I'm still working out my specific goals for the next two months, I just haven't had time to think yet :P

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Nice job on the workouts and the cals.  

Have you thought about working up a bodyweight routine to help get you through the move?

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Nice job on the workouts and the cals.  

Have you thought about working up a bodyweight routine to help get you through the move?

Thanks! I definitely need to work up one of those, especially since I'm losing gym access soon. Having never done one in my life, I'm mainly using the machine just to figure out how it feels and what muscles are needed when. A friend told me that 80% of a pull up is just muscle memory, strength is necessary, but that since we don't do them at all in daily life, there's a mental block as well. (Personally, I'm not sure about the 80%, but when I first stepped up to the bar, I had no idea what to engage when to get myself up.) I think coming up with a bw workout will be my goal this week!

Current Challenge