Agnarr: The Avenger

Agnarr

The Avenger

Ulfhednar_3.jpg

The Wolf-warrior rushes through the night. He lacks not breath despite of the long run, nor do his limbs ache.   He’s trained past those nuisances.

He reaches the gates of the fort where he’s been left for dead only to find it blocked by logs and a few big rocks: Remains of a fallen watchtower. It’ would wise to stop and figure out a way around the blockade but the rage has put wings on his feet and fire in his soul. He’s pushed himself up in full battle gear a thousand times; he’s carried chainmail-wearing comrades out of the battlefield. A couple of pebbles and sticks shall not stand on his way. With a roar he tosses the last piece of wood away and kicks the door open feeling the beast inside trying to take over his reasoning.

He is driven by the smell of blood still on his nose… and the lust for revenge.

S.M.A.R.T Goals for this Challenge

• Do a full 30sec frog stand(+3Str)(+2Dex)

• Practice Handstands at least twice a week(+3Dex)(+2Str)

• Swim 1k once a week(+5Sta)

From now on my challenges will be oriented towards the acquisition of the skills and feats that would make an Ulfhedinn according to my own interpretation.

Skills and feats of an Ulfhendinn

1. Strength

2. Dexterity

3. Endurance

4. Martial Prowess

5. Survival Skills

6. Beast-mode

This challenge will based on the primarily physical skills (Strength, Dexterity, Endurance) focusing especially on Strength. I couldn’t leave the other skills out of the goals without messing with the XP system but as you can see they are mostly feats of strength. In future challenges I’ll focus on other skills (e.g. attempting freestanding handstands for Dex. or go rucking for End.)

werewolf_by_wert23-d3ij2i4.jpg
  • Like 5

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

Following along to see the wolf-warrior go completely nuts all over the challenge.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hell yeah!

Berserker_UlfhednarMeme.jpg

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

A wolf should never battle alone Agnarr. This looks cool and I'm more than happy to support a fellow member of the pack :)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'll be following along again. I like the RPG part of your challenge.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Have you been foaming at the mouth and gnawing on your shield overnight, Agnarr?

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Have you been foaming at the mouth and gnawing on your shield overnight, Agnarr?

For the first time in a long while! Oh you should have seen me before the original back injury... I used to scream warcrys at my enemies during battles at the reenactment gigs and when faced against 3 or 4 guys I'd drop my shield and grab my axe with both hands (and get f*cking "killed" of course). I used to love playing the crazy mofo.

Now I impersonate a wealthy trader and don't fight anymore unless is a stagefight. That's why I want to "become an Ulfhedinn", to regain the courage and whatever small amount of confidence I used to have back then

Hear me howl and tremble, for the Ulfhedinn's gone hunting

• Like 1

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

For the first time in a long while! Oh you should have seen me before the original back injury... I used to scream warcrys at my enemies during battles at the reenactment gigs and when faced against 3 or 4 guys I'd drop my shield and grab my axe with both hands (and get f*cking "killed" of course). I used to love playing the crazy mofo.

Now I impersonate a wealthy trader and don't fight anymore unless is a stagefight. That's why I want to "become an Ulfhedinn", to regain the courage and whatever small amount of confidence I used to have back then

One of this years I will finally get around to preparing for and joining the semi-local Viking reenactment group...

• Like 1

Tonight's Workout was quite intense. My SO and I decided to use the app we tried on the last challenge to it's full capacity, resulting in a CrossFit-y  high intensity bodyweight circuit training: wall sits, pushups, sit-ups, jumping-jacks, dips, planks, lunges, step-ups, squats, high-knee runing in place, pushups with rotation and side planks. Max reps in 30 sec. with 10sec rest between excercises and 2min rest between circuits

I switched the exercises that make my back hurt(sit-ups and jumping jacks) for wall-supported handstands to failure and frog stands to failure respectively. A lot of fun but I expect some soreness tomorrow

• Like 1

What kind of app is this? Is it providing you with workouts and reminds you to do them?

• Like 1

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

What kind of app is this? Is it providing you with workouts and reminds you to do them?

I can't remember it's name, but basically it has a few set exercises set in intervals. The amount of circuits you do a day is your choice. The app provides you with 3 lives. Every day you miss your workout it costs you a life. Once the 3 lives are gone, the progress bar is set to 0% again.

I really don't care much about the lives and progress bar 'cause I'm bound to loose them, since I don't do the workouts on swimming days, but the workout itself can get really intense if you strive for max reps

I can't remember it's name, but basically it has a few set exercises set in intervals. The amount of circuits you do a day is your choice. The app provides you with 3 lives. Every day you miss your workout it costs you a life. Once the 3 lives are gone, the progress bar is set to 0% again.

I really don't care much about the lives and progress bar 'cause I'm bound to loose them, since I don't do the workouts on swimming days, but the workout itself can get really intense if you strive for max reps

Oh, that wouldn't fit for me. I usually prefer deciding my own workouts.

Spoiler

Last night I went to the pool. I tried to take it easy since I already swom my 1k on monday. I lost myself in my own thoughts and forgot to count the laps but definitely between 10 and 12 is a fairly precise estimate. 500-600m not bad for recovey day. Today is strength training day and I plan on kicking my own ass like I did on Tuesday so taking it slow yestarday will come in handy

• Like 2

Last night I went to the pool. I tried to take it easy since I already swom my 1k on monday. I lost myself in my own thoughts and forgot to count the laps but definitely between 10 and 12 is a fairly precise estimate. 500-600m not bad for recovey day. Today is strength training day and I plan on kicking my own ass like I did on Tuesday so taking it slow yestarday will come in handy

I recently rediscovered strength training for myself. I hope you have a great time at the gym. ;)
  • Like 1

Spoiler

I couldn't make time to work out today. It was mom's birthday and some relatives and friends came to visit. I helped her out with the cleaning up and of course I had to stay and socialize with our guests. Tomorrow I'll do my best to squeeze some strength training before going to the pool

I made a video today. It's been a long tome since the last time I spoke english out loud so you'll have to bare with my accent  :shame: I basically made a video rather than writing as usual 'cause I thought it would be cool to, you know, show myself beyond the forum's avatar(I want to be as cool as Rurik and Wolf :playful:)
  • Like 1

I made a video today. It's been a long tome since the last time I spoke english out loud so you'll have to bare with my accent  :shame: I basically made a video rather than writing as usual 'cause I thought it would be cool to, you know, show myself beyond the forum's avatar(I want to be as cool as Rurik and Wolf :playful:)

VIDEO HYPE.

You're well on your way to Rangerdom coolness now, Agnarr!

English.  You has it.  Your accent isn't an issue at all.

I concur, your accent is great. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Today's swimming went without surprices.

Arrived, cranked 1K and left. No time wasted. My dinner was effortlessly paleo: pork leftovers from yesterday's asado with salad. Some Orange and pear for dessert to calm down the sweets craving and I'm out to sleep like a log

• Like 1

If you're gonna share meals like that, we're gonna need some snapshots!

If you're gonna share meals like that, we're gonna need some snapshots!

I've never been one to take pictures of my meals. Usually by the time I think of it the food is gone. I might perhaps get all instagram-y the next time I cook something and take a picture of the finished product

• Like 1

I've never been one to take pictures of my meals. Usually by the time I think of it the food is gone. I might perhaps get all instagram-y the next time I cook something and take a picture of the finished product

I'm with you on that. Food is to eat.

• Like 1