Ares is Rolling with the Punches

AresPandora

Fantastic run!  

Hey dropping sugary drinks by the boyfriend is a big deal.  Plus willing to go with your food is great too.  As Koaladle says...run with it!  At the same time take your food for you and let him know for most meals you are eating your stuff because of wanting to be healthier.  He can choose to eat whatever.  But when out it is hard.  You may eat your stuff ahead of time but being with someone eating other junk can be a challenge.  So either allow yourself to enjoy a meal here and there of that stuff or stick to your guns.  He loves you then he will ultimately support your efforts to be a healthier you.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Thanks guys. 

It was a slow weekend, with the cold creeping in now. Only logged about 5 km. But, it's something. So, in order to get a few more k's added, I'm going on a run tomorrow! My classes tomorrow are being cut short because I'm the teacher and I can do that. (mwahahaha! the power!)

xDrAUUJ.gif

So, tomorrow should be a good day. I'm starting to wind down the semester, got three weeks left. OMG I just want them to go away. 

Fudged a little this weekend with a bread snack. Yes, I could've made a better decision, gone with something else, but I didn't. So, there's that. I'm owning my decision and know that I won't have two in a row. No matter!

This last weekend was a time for pampering. Boyfriend took me on a date night to the aquarium and then a special dinner (tacos!) and rented out the swankiest 5-star hotel for a night. I got a real bath. Like, in a bathtub. If you think that might be over-exaggerating, it's not. Tubs are not standard in Korean homes, so I haven't had a real bath in a few years. It was luxurious. Also, ganked the 5-star toiletries. woot!

its-free-gif.gif

So, all in all, I'm pretty happy with my progress so far on this challenge. I'm not exactly where I thought I'd be, but I'm getting there. I'm making better decisions, and that's what this whole thing is about, right?

• Like 2

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout
STR: 7 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Did it again. Just went running. Another 6k down.

I had a moment tonight when I really didn't want to go out. It's cold, it's wet, and I spent 9 hours at work being super productive. I thought to myself, "I could just do it tomorrow. I could just stay in tonight and get some laundry done."

Then I kicked myself in the head mentally, and walked home from work, put on my shoes, put in the laundry, and went out. The laundry was just about done when I got home, and I felt much better after some frustrating students today. This whole Zombies, run! app is getting really interesting. I might go out tomorrow too, since the holiday is Thursday and everything. Want to get some good mileage in before relaxing with all the tryptophan. 

Speaking of holiday, I'm totally prepared for this holiday, and am going to make some good decisions. I'll actually be celebrating with some American friends of mine! I haven't celebrated Thanksgiving in a few years, now. Emigrating to a country without turkeys makes things difficult to have a "real" holiday. Usually I just let it pass like another day.

I get off work early tomorrow, which is nice. I think I might go out to a shop and get some long pants to run in. Or might just stay home and go for a run. haha. Choices, choices!

• Like 2

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

You are amazing!

Yup working towards making great decisions too for the holiday.  I am adding in some dishes that are vegetables and rather nutritious.  Going to focus on what I like vs eating how much and what is expected.  So what are you doing to help make sure you make good decisions besides being your amazing self that is.  ;)

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

So, that new NF article couldn't have come at a better time. Seriously, good timing.
I woke up knowing that, yesterday, I had every intention of running this morning. But morning is hard. Morning is cold. This morning was rainy. I thought to myself, "eh, I can't be bothered. It's raining. It's too cold. I'm too tired. I need to check my email."
Thus came the kick in the ass I needed to lace up my shoes and get a quick 5km in this morning.

Seriously, I think sometimes Steve is in my head.

As for your question, awesomesue, I am going to slow down during the holiday meal. Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I have old comfort foods, and end up shoveling food in, rather than tasting it. I'm going to concentrate on portions, by making sure that I can try everything, but perhaps just a little bit of everything. Slowing down also has the advantage of being able to listen to my body when it says, "that's enough. I'm satisfied." AND, to make sure that I'm able to listen, I'm limiting alcohol consumption, because we all know that a second or third helping always seems like a good idea when you've had a few drinks, not to mention the empty calories in drinking.

This is my holiday battle plan! Mwahahaha!

• Like 2

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Agreed on the article.  Guess that is why it was timed to come out at that time.  Awesome right?!

What a great plan!  Obviously you are not alone in that plan.  You got this and have a great time!

• Like 1

Holiday attack plan success! Didn't have dessert, so that's good. Limited to one plate, and because I was late to the party, most of the food was gone anyway. Had an excellent time, did drink a bit more wine than I intended, but hey, it happens. 

Turns out my sister-in-law and brother are expecting! So, good news all around there.

• Like 2

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Ugh, my introversion is showing.....

I definitely don't want to people today. I haven't had the opportunity to unwind from the weekend yet, since I got home late last night after spending three hours on public transportation. It's the worst. Mondays are the worst.

After work is finished, I totally plan on shutting myself in my dark apartment, making some tea, and wasting the evening knitting or gaming. Maybe both. Not at the same time, but probably both.

Ugh, totally unmotivated to do anything today. At least my food is prepared already for the day. Don't have to worry about that.

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

I did get a lot of knitting in. Unfortunately for me, my 220/110V converter had a meltdown and almost set my apartment on fire, so I got about a half hour of gaming in before I had to unplug everything and open windows for the smoke. Haha. Unfortunate for me, but it was an old converter, so it was bound to happen sometime. Xbox is safe, though, I think.I haven't been able to check it, since I haven't gotten another converter yet.

I finished knitting my blanket this morning around 2 am, though, so that was nice. Been working on it here and there since August. Really got down to it in these last few weeks though. Starting a new project as soon as the mail gets here with my package today. A hat for my friend Mike. I'm really excited to see the yarn, since it's actually made from recycled saris from India! Cost a pretty penny, too. But I think he'll like it.

I haven't done much of anything this week, other than finish things for work and knitting, haha. No running all week. (Maybe TMI, female stuff, if you don't wanna read then skip to next paragraph) My hormones have been all over the place for some reason or another, I think it's a cyst popping. I went to the clinic yesterday, but they were closed. I really need to get in there next week though, since I also need to have a pap redone, since my last was abnormal and the doctor wants to make sure I don't have cancer.

So, all in all, a pretty stressful week. Finals are coming up in a week, so I've been preparing all of that. But now that's done, so I don't have to do anything for two weeks, yay! Until grading happens....boo.....

I haven't much left my apartment this week except for work. Been stressed, so lots of crying, sighing, yelling, and eating. Oh, the eating. It hasn't been really "bad" food, just a lot of grazing. Seems I don't stop. Dried fruit is my kryptonite right now, it seems. I'm craving sugar like nobody's business. I bought some bananas to freeze for an "ice cream" snack, but still, it's too much fruit. That's a lot of sugar.

I have a goal for the end of the month, though, and I will get to it. It's not an unreasonable goal, and I should get there with the progress I make anyway. Once January hits, I'll have to be really vigilant, because my mother is coming to visit and I know we'll be eating out a lot while I take her around the country to see the sights. I'm hoping I can get a car by then, so we don't have to rely on public transportation for everything. It'd be nice if I could just drive. I'm not sure how feasible that is at the moment, though. Gotta get my Korean license first. That might take a bit. I'm going next week though to try and get the process started. So many things happening next week. Woo!

This weekend is a little getaway for me and the man. One of my friends is getting married in my Korean "hometown," so we're going to that on Sunday. Korean weddings are the best.

• Like 2

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4