Luciana Valerosa Culming gets some more combos

I guess you know me. But I'll hang out with the recruits again, so I'll introduce myself a little for everybody who stumbles into my thread. ^^ I'm 28 years old and I'm still studying to become a teacher in Germany. My path is a little crocked. I always have been a dreamer and I also fight the procrastination dragon from time to time. Especially when tests are involved, because I always have been struggling with writers blocks and exam nerves. But recently I have been doing better. So let's keep this momentum from my last challenges.

I guess I'm a monk druid, because a lot of my goals are more druid. But I'm also into HEMA and swordmanship and I'm much to streight forward for the druids.  I love to meet new people, travelling, trying out new recipes, reading books, gaming, ... and I also like fire spinning, swordmanship, exercise as stress releaver, ... I guess that's the most important thing about me. I have different sides. There are days when I just don't want to see anybody and there are days, when I really need company. And there are days when I can't even stand myself. And that's the point of this challenge. I want to learn more about myself.

Main Goal: I want to lose the five kilos I gained during the last birthdayparty-vacation-marathon. Also I want to finish my art project and keep the momentum of my last challenge. I managed to get things done and kept the procrastination dragon at bay. Jay! But there are more dragons to slay.... boooh... this dragon is really tricky. He can manipulate you into negative self-talk, can make you feel anxious and sometimes he makes you beliefe, that there would be so many other things that you could do besides punching him in the face. So I'll get stronger this challenge.

Quests:

- I'll try to trust more into my own abilities to get less vulnerable against this dragon's manipulations

- I'll try to organize myself to find his weak spots and land some direct hits. (Hint: Procrastination dragons don't like it, when you get things done.)

- I'll get stronger and punch him in the face! (strength training and other exercise as stress releaver.)

- I'll retreat when it's necessary and regain some new energy before he eats me. And I won't work myself up about it. (Restdays, self-care)

Oktober 5 until Oktober 25: Perform some more combos

I’ll need 0 combos to slay the procrastination dragon.
zero? What's going on? Last challenge she performed more than 30 combos in three weeks!?

tumblr_noa4poVTyO1utpto4o1_400.jpg
I feel more like a Jedi. But this image is awsome.

Explanation:
Usually I try to do things from every category on every day. But in week zero I realised I just couldn't keep up with this system. My timetable ist just too messed up. Therefore I'll try to stick with my goals and perhaps I'll journal the combo system just for fun. And I guess I'll slay the dragon in February, when I have my tests. So is my dragon boot camp:

TRUST: I'll try to do positive self-talk or daily gratitude five times a week and try to praise myself from time to time.

ORGANIZATION: I'll update my Kanban board five times a week and get things done. I'll try to set priorities and do fast tasks before tasks that take a while. That's a good thing, because it's these fast tasks I tend to postpone. For example writing important E-Mails and adulting.

STRENGTH: I'll exercise three days a week and listen to my body. In week zero I had to take a rest day, because my shoulder acted up again. So I'll not try to do things too fast again.

Side Quest:

Counting some combos for fun. But I'll stop this if I start working myself up about it and being hard on myself. So this side quest will be about being kind to myself. It won't be about the combos. So give me a "friendly" reminder when I write stupid things like "This shouldn't count." Because it means I'm falling back into old habits.

The categorys in order of priority:
1) Self-care
2) Get Artsy!
3) Study time!
4) Get your diet right!
5) Get moving!

6) Me time!

7) Housework

free_bouncy_pikachu_icon_by_kattling-d5jDo something FUN/Something for yourself-list

- I updated it a little -

1)Get some alone time
2)Gaming
3)Board games
4)Pen&Paper
5)Meditate
6)Read a fantasy book
7)Watch a movie
8)Watch a series
9)Play some more pokemon on your DS
10)Redie your hair
11)Take a nice bubble bath
12)Start playing Metal Gear Solid 1 again
13)Enjoy some tea
14)Warm milk with honey
15)Go to bed early

16) positive self-talk

17) praise yourself

18) daily gratitude

19) talk to a friend

20) be kind to yourself

• Like 7

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Week Zero-Update:

I overdid it a little this week. I studied a lot and exercises a lot. Strength traing 3 times, Tai Chi once, walked fast to the train station every day. I almost got injured, because I tried to do everything at once. I think I got scared becuse my weight started crawling up again the last few weeks and I'm almost back at where I began.

Calory counting revealed a few things:

Monday: 1513 (leaned from home)

Tuesday: 1242 (university, Tai Chi)

Wednesday: 1407 (university, workout)

Thursday: 1234 (university, workout)

Friday: 1543 (learned from home, workout)

Saturday: 2292 (Halloween, guessed a few things)

My goal is 1775 calories a day. At least when I'm exercising. But I ate less on these days. And I need to weight the things I eat more consistently. I won't work myself up about calory counting this challenge. But I should at least try to eat enough.

Week zero also teached me, that I have to pressure myself less and be kind to myself, because I couldn't handle the stress well.

Week 0:
1) Get Artsy!
0 of 4 hours (Didn't do any art. Considering what pressure I put on myself this week it's no wonder.)

0%
0%

2) Study time! I'll at least study for 30 hours a week.
24 of 30 hours (I should put less stress on myself.)
80%
80%

3) Get your diet right!
calories counted 6/7 days (I didn't count properly on Halloween, because I didn't have all the ingredients. I'm sure I got over my calory goal, because we had so much dessert. But it's all right, because I didn't binge. And sadly I didn't eat enough calorys during the week. Sometimes I only got 1250 kcal in, because I just wasn't hungry. So during my sidequest I should have a closer look on what I'm eating and when I'm eating it, because stress just makes me doing it wrong.
85%
85%

lunchbox 4/4 days
100%
100%

4) Get moving! I'll get some exercise in every day.
5 of 7 active days (I was forced to get some restdays, because I overdid it. For example my shoulder started to hurt again.)
71%
71%

5) Me time!
15 of 14 hours (I had a nice Halloween. But I didn't take care of myself much during the week.)
107%
107%

2 of 5 meditations
40%
40%

• Like 2

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

335036__safe_solo_animated_image+macro_d

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Thank youm, guys. I'm glad you are sticking with me.

I had a really tough week so far. Somehow I'm getting really decouraged, because I'm struggling with one of my teachers. And somehow I get the Feeling that all these hurdles could delay my finals... uff. Perhaps I have to try out a different challenge this time, because I'm really getting stressed out. I don't have many courses. But to finish my studys in time I have to take many test at the end of February. So I already started learning and all. And I still haven't searched for another School for March, when I have to work practical with pupils. Perhaps I'm really not looking Forward to it, because this will mean more work again. Because I'll have to write a lot during this time. I don't want to talk about it with my family, because they already have to deal a lot with my sister at the moment. oh man...

Edit: had a great strength and body weight training. Now I'm really feeling better.

• Like 3

Spoiler

I love how a good work out session just takes away the stress.  Probably the endorphins coursing through. 

If you think that usual format is gonna be a bit much this time around with your schedule, perhaps a easier, more focused challenge may help.  You do a lot of combos, which is awesome and can be lightened, so you could also lessen the amount of combos to gain too?  Challenges are thankfully adaptable :)

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Following for all of the fun adventures and whatever else you have planned this time around. :)

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

I love how a good work out session just takes away the stress. Probably the endorphins coursing through.

If you think that usual format is gonna be a bit much this time around with your schedule, perhaps a easier, more focused challenge may help. You do a lot of combos, which is awesome and can be lightened, so you could also lessen the amount of combos to gain too? Challenges are thankfully adaptable :)

Yes, could be the endorphines. Or I'm just too tired to worry more.

I'll take it easy this time. With all the studying and preparing for tests I'm getting to my limits. Perhaps I'll set some specific goals, too, just in case that I have to drop the combo system this time.

What I've been doing this week:

Monday is meal prep day and role playing day. I also do most of the housework on Monday.

Tuesday I'm studying from 9 am to 4 pm and then I have Tai Chi. Afterwards I have my last class until 19:30. which means I get home around 9 pm.

Wednesday My first class starts at 8 o'clock. Therefor I have to get up around six o'clock. From 12 to 16 I'm studying and 18 to 19 or 19:30 I go to strength training. Depends on how tired I am.

Tuesday I study from 10 to 18 and 19 to 19 / 19:30 is strength traing again.

Friday I'll go grocery shopping this week. On some Fridays I have to go to university. Sometimes I even have classes on Saturday. My timetable is a little broken this time.

That's why combos with a lot of different items a day don't make sense. I'm getting home too late to do any housework besides cleaning the kitchen. But I'll come up with a suitable challenge until Sunday. I already have some ideas.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Love those edits. :D You'll make it, and we've got your back.

I'm really glad to have you all with me on this journey. :) thank you.

First response, from your friend Brutal Bears! Victory is mine!

Norway.jpg

For you goes the same as for kyllen. Thank you for your support. You are my strong bear. Mhh... Does this bear want to give me a hug? He looks friendly.

And the victory is yours for sure. Haha

• Like 1

Spoiler

Following for all of the fun adventures and whatever else you have planned this time around. :)

Oh, I have a lot if things planned. Sadly the fun part will be after the challenge.

Isn't it great how you can be one workout away from a good mood? It's all good. :)

It's magic ;)

Or Rondra approved and gave me new spirits. ( goddess of war in my pen & paper system)

• Like 2

Spoiler

AHA I found you :D

Following along once again :)

I'm really glad to have you here. I guess for this challenge we'll both try out things from each other. Thank you very much for being an inspiration.

---------------------------------

CHALLENGE UPDATE:

Hallo, friends. It seems this dragon is different from the other. I'll spend some time to change my goals again. Tonight I realised, I had to take care of myself more and get things done again. That will be in this challenge for sure:

- positive self-talk

- daily gratitude

- kanban board

I just have to figure out, how to structe my challenge this time. What I outlined up there in my first post won't help me. I have been procrastinationg again these two weeks. I studied and got some exercise in, but I didn't do some important things that have to be done. So this challenge will be about getting things done. Perhaps it even means, that my challenge goals have to change weekly. I'll have to think about it. *sigh*

I'll be very druidish again this challenge. But this time I'll stay here, because I really like to be here and I still have to punch this dragon in the face. Let's do it.

• Like 5

Spoiler

@Kishi & Kyllen haha, you know how to make me laugh

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update Day 1:

Daily gratitude:

I'm grateful for regular pen & paper session.

I'm grateful for having friends all over the world.

I'm grateful for a nice weekend with friends.

I'm grateful for vegetables from the farmers' market.

I'm grateful for reaching my train although I was a little late.

- updated my Kanbanboard and got six things done. ;)

- got some exercise in.

Combo system:

1) Self-care

Daily gratitude

Meditation

2) Get Artsy!

Sketch during our role playing session for half an hour

3) Study time!

Watched my English lesson online and did my homework

4) Get your diet right!

Counted calories and stayed under calory goal. I have to keep away from all the christmas cookies, that suddenly appeared.

Tried a new recipe with fresh spinach leaves from the farmers' market.

5) Get moving!

5 Tibetans

30 Day challenge

Went for a walk

6) Me time!

Started playing ARK

Pen & Paper

7) Housework

Cleaned the kitchen

Tidied up the living room

Took out the trash

Cleaned the fridge

• Like 4

Spoiler

I'm sorry you had some stuff go wrong during Week Zero, but it sounds like you have a plan.  Taking care of yourself has to come first, even when you want to do all of the things.  :)  

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

I'm sorry you had some stuff go wrong during Week Zero, but it sounds like you have a plan. Taking care of yourself has to come first, even when you want to do all of the things. :)

Especially because doing "all" the thimgs can be another form of procrastination, when you don't do certain things.

I finally wrote the E-Mail yesterday and the reaction came fast. I was put back into class. It seems to have been a system error after all. So I worried myself needlessly.

• Like 5

Spoiler