Hi everyone! I'm based in the UK (London/East Kent) and have joined the rebellion for inspiration and accountability.

I've been going to the gym and running (and occasionally cycling) for about 10 years but I find it difficult not to pause for a fair while after 3/4 months of pretty consistent effort and lurch back to where I started - especially in strength. Although I'm focused mainly on endurance, I do need to build up my strength and put on a bit of muscle, especially on the upper body. I'm quite weedy! I've decided that I really don't like gyms (too much noise and distraction, and too artificial seeming) so am aiming to use bodyweight exercises (both inside and outside, but out as much as possible) for strength. I'd like to cut down on my belly fat too - I'd guess my bodyfat percentage is about 18% and would like to drop to about 12%.

My big problem is mental. I find it very hard to go beyond a certain level of effort in strenght training without mentally giving up - basically I tell myself that it's too hard and I'm not strong enough. The pain and effort of a really tough session scares me and I find it really hard to go back to that sort of level, even though I know it's what should be done. This is what I have to work on most.

I've registererd for a half-marathon in March 2016. It'll be tough - Cross country, 13.6 mi, 2,348 ft ascent! I've run a couple of 10Ks before, but this is not your ordinary HM! I need to put in some serious hill work over the next 4 months, as well as putting in some good strength work.

Quests and goals? I've got 'em...

Main Quest

Complete Sussex coastal half-marathon (March 2016) Target time 2:10 (Course average)

Secondary Quests

Lose body fat, especially belly ~11-12%?

Increase bodyweight strength - for general fitness (lifting is good!) and to support running.

Increase flexibility

Strength goals

1x20 perfect push ups

1x10 perfect pull ups

1x10 perfect dips

1x10 perfect hanging leg raises

1x25 perfect squats

Then progress to 2/3 sets and harder exercises

Can't wait for the 6-week challenge to start. I'm hoping it will keep me motivated and consistent.

Looking forward to being part of this commmunity - pop by and say hi!