• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 21: Darkfoxx Goes To School

Sorry - I see you broke out your pitchfork and torch for a whole lot of nothing - because I self-started my ass back on track!

The heart system is kind of up in the air? 

Last challenge, I increased by half a heart each day I completed my tasks - for a full bar during challenge wrap-up (which is a jump in half a bar, but: pretty). Monday would be half a heart, Tuesday 1 heart, etc. 

This challenge ... I think I'll continue that trend -- but kinda not; because some of my goals I can't do anything on right now (like the 23 and me goal where I'm twiddling my thumbs). And it seems like for some of these that have baby components (like the fitness goal), maybe I could do something differently? 

I dunno yet, but I think I'm staying the course with the increase by half a heart daily tactic. 

Make sense? Any large logic flaws? 

I think the only problem with your current system is that it makes each day

half-hearted.

csi_yeah_skyline.jpg?w=449&h=287

• Like 9

I feel so lazy after reading your posts. But new job, new town is mentally taxing so I'll grit my teeth. I thought I'd brought knitting tools with me, but not the case! I'm on the lookout for a cute hat pattern now so I can work with pointy tools.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 3

*nods* Overly complicated but somehow still efficient completely sounds like me :)

After your comment on my challenge revamp, I'm starting to wonder if your complicated and efficient aspects haven't rubbed off on me in a strange and confusing sort of way...

• Like 1

I feel so lazy after reading your posts. But new job, new town is mentally taxing so I'll grit my teeth. I thought I'd brought knitting tools with me, but not the case! I'm on the lookout for a cute hat pattern now so I can work with pointy tools.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

That's kinda funny - I always feel like I'm not doing *enough*!

I saw an interesting hat in Ravelry - the Rikke - I'm thinking about trying soon.

Moving and starting a new job is absolutely nothing to sniff at, and keeping moving forward despite two huge upheavals is freaking awesome. :)

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 3

76620.jpg

Week 1 Day 2

Overarching Goal For This Cycle

Do the things, but keep schoolwork in the forefront of my mind and time commitments.

Goal 1: Work It Out

Did I work on the following today?

Tabletop RPG Entry/Main Workout For The Day (spreadsheet): Today was a class day - no time for a big workout; fit in a little work as I could within the framework of the day. Still confused about spreadsheet.

Beer Yoga (spreadsheet): Rolled a 40: Balancing Table 

Crappy Balancing Tabletop (+coffee!)

cd4082af889ab7ff69a9da15fea7daa9.jpg

RuckFit (Spreadsheet): I got a baby ruck in today before class. I don't have as much time pre-class as I'd thought. Arriving early is a good thing.

Rangers Gonna Ranger RP: This week’s skill - General Movement And Getting Around. I got some rucking in today!

Pull-up Work: Nope. I need to codify a rule that class days = pull-up days.

Darebee Conquer 20: Rolled a 9: Star Plank. Did :30 total - 15 on each side, because the ground was killing the heel of my hand. 

1Full

Goal 2: Macros

SSDD. 100 grams or under of carbs, 70 grams or over of protein, 100 grams or under of fat and around 1,500 calories. 

Breakfast: DH’s green smoothie + hemp protein powder + coffee with almond milk

Lunch: Pumpkin chili

Dinner: Paleo meatballs from Hu Kitchen + a coffee with coconut milk

Snacks: None

Calories: 1,218 of 1,500

Carbs: 65 of 100

Fat: 77 of 100g

Protein: 85 of 70g

Sleep: 6h 59m total - 0m awake, 4h 04m light, 2h 55m restful. Melatonin. The brain is funny. I thought I got great, restful sleep with no dreams. Apparently, I did not. 

1Full

Goal 3: Minimalism

I did so well here last challenge, I want to keep the ball rolling. (The Minimalism Game - 6 Weeks to Less Stuff! [Nov. 2...)

Today’s Purge: Halloween decorations, even though parting with that sparkly skull was kind of painful. 

db187e097e84bf29760bf22e84a2ada2.jpg

1Full

Goal 4: Craftsy

Keep up with crafting. 

Baby Blanket: Nope

Tank’s Cross-stitch: Worked on this during lunch

Process Pictures: N

Wolf’s Cross-stitch: Not Yet

Monthly Triceratops Cross-stitch: Not Yet

Holiday Cards: Not Yet

Ranger Card/Gift Exchange: Not Yet

Holiday Cookies: Not Yet

1Full

Goal 5: School

Aim for class valedictorian, dammit.

Class: Today was a class day. 

Homework: No homework, but we do have some optional work to do before Thursday’s class

1Full

Goal 6: Badges

This went over so well last challenge, I need to keep these going. And I want to re-vamp the styles so they’re more tiny friendly. 

Badge Progress: I’ve pulled images, and worked on a couple. 

General Movement Badge for this week’s Ranger Skill 

RuckFit Light (generic participant) 

Tabletop RPG (generic participant)

Beer Yoga (generic participant)

Draw on one person’s accomplishments for inspiration 

1Full

Goal 7: Mini Challenges & PvPs

Do them. If nothing else, this will force me to get my workouts in - I may disappoint myself, but I try damn hard to make sure not to let my guild mates down. 

Did I do any work here? Yep. Beer Yoga, Conquer 20, RuckFit, some yoga I could claim on the RPG - possibly.

1Full

Goal 8: BIOHACKING

You thought I forgot about this one, didn’t you? I’m twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my data to get back from 23andMe and have been taking the 999999989 quizzes on the site to maximize my contribution to the greater good. TWIDDLING MY THUMBS. 

Anything to do here? Hold please.

EmptyHearts

• Like 5

That's kinda funny - I always feel like I'm not doing *enough*!

RANGERBRAIN ALERT!  :)  Hey, have you heard of (awesome new activity/skill/goal)?  YOU SHOULD DO IT/LEARN IT.  

Such is the way of the Ranger!

• Like 8

I'm still a little sad about it - but, I can always buy a bigger, better, and real-er skull some time down the line. 

I walked past Pier One last night, and their fancy-ass holiday themed room displays were up. It was all I could do to not beeline for the Halloween clearance aisle I know must be up and filled with everything I've ever wanted. 

Pull-ups are totally happening tomorrow. I'm going to get the bar out first thing in the morning, and keep it up all day - mess and/or bathroom solitude be damned!

• Like 1

Goal 6: Badges

This went over so well last challenge, I need to keep these going. And I want to re-vamp the styles so they’re more tiny friendly. 

Badge Progress: I’ve pulled images, and worked on a couple. 

General Movement Badge for this week’s Ranger Skill 

RuckFit Light (generic participant) 

Tabletop RPG (generic participant)

Beer Yoga (generic participant)

Draw on one person’s accomplishments for inspiration 

YESSSSSS!  More badges!

Now when they hit 100% I'll imagine the sword becoming a projectile weapon!

200px-Link-Shooting-a-Sword-Beam.png

Your picture there reminded me of Beard!Link, my Legend of Zelda alter ego.  If you haven't noticed by now, I tend to have alter egos dwelling within most fandoms...

elder.jpg

Looks like Link there just stepped foot out of one of my Viking-themed works of fiction!

Damn, that would make a such bloody cool cosplay too... Camp Nerd Fitness 2016, what?

RANGERBRAIN ALERT!   :)  Hey, have you heard of (awesome new activity/skill/goal)?  YOU SHOULD DO IT/LEARN IT.  

Such is the way of the Ranger!

We live, we learn, we inspire!  Rangerbrain.

• Like 4

Badges v2.0 are probably going to be ready to post tomorrow. 

And that *would* be an awesome cosplay - plus, all the more reason to get acquainted with EVA foam. 

• Like 2

Badges v2.0 are probably going to be ready to post tomorrow. 

And that *would* be an awesome cosplay - plus, all the more reason to get acquainted with EVA foam. 

Move over, Steampunk'd cosplay... we've got Viking'd cosplay barreling down on you!

I follow a few cosplayers on Facebook and Instagram, but I've never had the cojones to start playing around with EVA foam.  Suppose part of me is scared that my usual completely and utter lack of artistic ability will shine through in the usual way.

• Like 2

I saw an interesting hat in Ravelry - the Rikke - I'm thinking about trying soon.

I made Rikke last winter? Or maybe the one before.. It's a lot of garter stitch, but it's nice and warm, and also fits all my hair inside it when it's raining!

• Like 4

Your picture there reminded me of Beard!Link, my Legend of Zelda alter ego.  If you haven't noticed by now, I tend to have alter egos dwelling within most fandoms...

elder.jpg

Looks like Link there just stepped foot out of one of my Viking-themed works of fiction!

Damn, that would make a such bloody cool cosplay too... Camp Nerd Fitness 2016, what?

How long would it take to get all the white out of your beard though?  That's a lot of beard to wash!

• Like 2

How long would it take to get all the white out of your beard though?  That's a lot of beard to wash!

I'm sorta lazy that way, so I would probably go the simplistic cosplay route of Beard!Link rather than OldBeard!Link.

• Like 2