• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 21: Darkfoxx Goes To School

My formatting is crap, but here's yesterday's update:

Week 1 Day 3

Overarching Goal For This Cycle
Do the things, but keep schoolwork in the forefront of my mind and time commitments.

Goal 1: Work It Out
Did I work on the following today?

Tabletop RPG Entry/Main Workout For The Day (spreadsheet): After dark ruck in with my first attempt at a WOD - did jumps onto a bench (attempted two feet on the bench at the same time somewhat successfully) for the length of 3 benches + 3 rounds of 25 lunges. It was a start.

Beer Yoga (spreadsheet): Rolled a 90: Wheel.

4776cad6104e585cfb8b0eada1efa2cb.jpg

Water close by but I wasn't into trying to drown by attempting to drink it.

On a side note, I don't think I've gotten up into wheel so quickly or fearlessly in forever - it's amazing what having a timer will do for you.

RuckFit (Spreadsheet): Logged 2 miles + a WOD + a Challenge, since my ruck was after dark. Still want to hit a better overnighter some time, but that may have to wait until I do it as part of a group.

Rangers Gonna Ranger RP: This week’s skill - General Movement And Getting Around. 

Rucking! Working on movements that aren’t standard for me! 

Pull-up Work: Nope. Tomorrow it’s happening.

Darebee Conquer 20: Rolled a 6: Pistol Squats. Worked on 5 per side - sitting back to rest (and hopefully not drop like a sack of bricks onto) a stool - with varying degrees of success.

1 5Full

Goal 2: Macros
SSDD. 100 grams or under of carbs, 70 grams or over of protein, 100 grams or under of fat and around 1,500 calories. 

Breakfast: DH’s green smoothie + hemp protein powder + coffee with almond milk

Lunch: Pumpkin chili

Dinner: Bunless burger with roasted rosemary potatoes cooked in pork fat

Snacks: 1/4 cup Thai Chili cashews

Calories: 1,391 of 1,500

Carbs: 78 of 100

Fat: 90 of 100g

Protein: 80 of 70g

Sleep: 8h 36m total - 0m awake, 3h 24m light, 5h 12m restful. No melatonin. Again, I felt like I was resting well.

1 5Full

Goal 3: Minimalism
I did so well here last challenge, I want to keep the ball rolling. (The Minimalism Game - 6 Weeks to Less Stuff! [Nov. 2...)

Today’s Purge: Tackled 1 box (the winter accessories/travel stuff box):
68ed91b10efaa1c4e80b2938e6685fa4.jpg

1 5Full

Goal 4: Craftsy
Keep up with crafting. 

Baby Blanket: Yep
Tank’s Cross-stitch: Worked on this during lunch - almost finished!
Process Pictures: Pulled pictures and have at least picked ones to work on

Wolf’s Cross-stitch: Not Yet
Monthly Triceratops Cross-stitch: Not Yet
Holiday Cards: Not Yet
Ranger Card/Gift Exchange: Not Yet
Holiday Cookies: Not Yet

1 5Full

Goal 5: School
Aim for class valedictorian, dammit.

Class: Nope.
Homework: No homework, either.

1 5Full

Goal 6: Badges
This went over so well last challenge, I need to keep these going. And I want to re-vamp the styles so they’re more tiny friendly. 

Badge Progress: I’ve pulled images, and have mostly finished.

General Movement Badge for this week’s Ranger Skill 
RuckFit Light (generic participant) 
Tabletop RPG (generic participant)
Beer Yoga (generic participant)
Draw on one person’s accomplishments for inspiration 

1 5Full

Goal 7: Mini Challenges & PvPs
Do them. If nothing else, this will force me to get my workouts in - I may disappoint myself, but I try damn hard to make sure not to let my guild mates down. 

Did I do any work here? Yep.

1 5Full

Goal 8: BIOHACKING
You thought I forgot about this one, didn’t you? I’m twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my data to get back from 23andMe and have been taking the 999999989 quizzes on the site to maximize my contribution to the greater good. TWIDDLING MY THUMBS. 

Anything to do here? Hold please.

EmptyHearts

Sent on dragon wing
  • Like 4

Last Night's Ruck: Home to Brooklyn Bridge Park, where I shared - not the sunset I wanted - but a whole pile of Dark. 

Part 1

Part 2 - Hear that *tink* *tink* *tink*? That was the sound of my brick pack & my plate weight colliding with every step. I found it kind of hypnotizing. 

Part 3 - I remembered to shoot in Landscape! 

SMH. I have the issues. 

• Like 5

All of this talk of knitting makes me want to find my crochet hook (I don't knit) and then there is the cos-play costume making...  And the yoga and the Rucking and the stories and...  Its exhausting and exciting all at the same time.  I've got to stick with my sewing machine for crafting right now and maybe I'll pull a small craft out towards the end of the challenge for airplane travel...  Doh - is there a "Focus for Rangers" self help course out there?

Love the Link link - its one of the few video games that I know and love. 

• Like 3

I think "ranger" and "focus" kind of cancel each other out :) 

And I'd be sewing, too, if I wasn't so lazy (I'd have to get my sewing machine out of the closet, set it up, and tear it down daily)

Badges! They're Up!

Self-Restraint - Inspired by Rowan and her Herculean effort put forth to keep her injury in mind while attending parkour class

Self Restraint 76x76

RuckFit Light - For those of us participating in that thread

RuckFit Light 76x76

DR's RPG Beta - For those of us participating in that thread

RPG D20 76x76

General Movement - For those of us who've nailed our Week 1 Ranger Skill

General Movement 76x76

Beer Yoga - For those of us participating in that thread

Beer Yoga 76x76

Feel free to swipe at will! 

And what do you guys think of the re-design? Keep it, or switch back to the old style?

• Like 9

Last Night's Ruck: Home to Brooklyn Bridge Park, where I shared - not the sunset I wanted - but a whole pile of Dark. 

Part 1

Part 2 - Hear that *tink* *tink* *tink*? That was the sound of my brick pack & my plate weight colliding with every step. I found it kind of hypnotizing. 

SMH. I have the issues. 

SO jealous of your food markets!  Love the videos!

Please share what your best-ie pack is.  I need something.  Using a kids Camelbak now.  :(

• Like 2

@Kat: Purging your crap is fantastic. 

And no, try as I might - that damn dog just won't stay in the garbage room :) 

His highness is sleeping peacefully and snoring softly right next to me. 

• Like 2

Beards are automatically appropriate for any cosplay.

My husband loves Cosplaying with me... but he always wants to be "A bearded version of....." 

I think Ladybeard owns when it comes to male cosplaying with a beard...

You guys are on to me!  Beard All The Things!

Sounds like your husband and I would get along, Kat.

sml_gallery_12527_1948_108.jpg

THEY'RE STARTING TO FILL UP.

Link+stealing+yo+hearts_860b8e_5258816.j

Part 1

SMH. I have the issues. 

You are the soundtrack to my morning NF Check In.

Weird. I'm not sure what's up with that - I'll try adding them to my signature to try and troubleshoot.

My signature is already cluttered enough, but I do love the badges!

• Like 6

d1507e58d8f696d17e3b6b3db97f3c43.jpg

Ok, so this is very, very far from perfect, but it's done.

Bonus: this is the first thing I've done without a pre-made pattern, the first circle I've done (this is even version 2 - I had to cut version 1 out), and the first lettering I've attempted. Forgive the border - I cut everything too small and had to glue the edges for stability.

Tank: please PM me your address before I scrap it and start over.

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 9

Ok, so this is very, very far from perfect, but it's done.

Bonus: this is the first thing I've done without a pre-made pattern, the first circle I've done (this is even version 2 - I had to cut version 1 out), and the first lettering I've attempted. Forgive the border - I cut everything too small and had to glue the edges for stability.

That is AWESOME, darkfoxx!

This song was been playing all afternoon and it seems to me like it might fit our shared interest in this... sort... of music.

• Like 2

Hmm, I too seem unable to put images in my signature...LAME.

I love the cross-stitch!  Do you do any other kinds of embroidery?  I'm working on some embroidery on my backpack and it's all very...freestyle...

Thanks, guys! 

Links: You should be able to put images in your signature - swipe them from me, upload them to your own album, and link using the My Media button. 

Needlecraft: I am just starting out with embroidery - the lettering on Tank's dragon is actually the first of that I've done, and I'm getting ready to start this year's holiday cards - which will be 100% embroidery on paper. I'm thinking silver thread on kraft paper cards - probably snowflakes, but maybe trees. Depends on how the test samples turn out. 

Hop Around Shoes: ;p~~~~~~~~~~~~ I had forgotten that I wore my nice tall boots the day before the ruck without the proper number of sock layers, so my feet were kind of burned in spots. My short boots aren't the best for hopping. 

• Like 2

516F07RJCSL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Week 1 Day 4

Overarching Goal For This Cycle

Do the things, but keep schoolwork in the forefront of my mind and time commitments.

Goal 1: Work It Out

Did I work on the following today?

Tabletop RPG Entry/Main Workout For The Day (spreadsheet): None - the pre-class ruck today wasn’t really enough to write home about - damn train delays.

Beer Yoga (spreadsheet): Rolled a 33: Warrior 1 with pumpkin spice coffee (pumpkin spice tea steeped in coffee + almond milk)

c2de70aeaa2d84cd6137cb19b6154f17.jpg

RuckFit (Spreadsheet): Nothing really to report here.

Rangers Gonna Ranger RP: This week’s skill - General Movement And Getting Around.

I’m rocking and rolling on this challenge component. I’ve rucked at least a little 3 out of 4 days, and have started in on adding movements my body is either not used to doing (like bench jumps) or not used to doing with a ruck (like lunges). 

Pull-up Work: Yes! I set my pull-up bar up and periodically did some band-assisted pull-ups as I walked past. Sets of 5, naturally.

Darebee Conquer 20: Rolled a 5: Cross-body Push-up - I attempted this craziness. It was a mess, but I managed 5/side

2Full

Goal 2: Macros

SSDD. 100 grams or under of carbs, 70 grams or over of protein, 100 grams or under of fat and around 1,500 calories. 

Breakfast: DH’s green smoothie + hemp protein powder + coffee with almond milk

Lunch: Pumpkin chili

Dinner: A sriracha chicken Epic bar, a Simple Squares bar, and a grande praline latte, 1 pump, with coconut milk

Snacks: 

Calories: 989 of 1,500

Carbs: 63 of 100

Fat: 67 of 100g

Protein: 56 of 70g - boo. I need to figure out this whole food on class days thing.

Sleep: 7h 26m total - 0m awake, 3h 30m light, 3h 56m restful. Melatonin. 

2Full

Goal 3: Minimalism

I did so well here last challenge, I want to keep the ball rolling. (The Minimalism Game - 6 Weeks to Less Stuff! [Nov. 2...)

Today’s Purge: A mug I got on Halloween that I was trying to talk myself into keeping, because: skulls + the speed peeler I just broke on a pumpkin + that damn dog again

754947a27c4cc61d9843d70f1a004999.jpg

2Full

Goal 4: Craftsy

Keep up with crafting. 

Baby Blanket: Nope

Tank’s Cross-stitch: Finished!

Process Pictures: Pulled pictures and have at least picked ones to work on

Wolf’s Cross-stitch: Not Yet

Monthly Triceratops Cross-stitch: Not Yet

Holiday Cards: Not Yet

Ranger Card/Gift Exchange: Not Yet

Holiday Cookies: Not Yet

2Full

Goal 5: School

Aim for class valedictorian, dammit.

Class: Yep!

Homework: Yes. 

2Full

Goal 6: Badges

This went over so well last challenge, I need to keep these going. And I want to re-vamp the styles so they’re more tiny friendly. 

Badge Progress: Posted! 

General Movement Badge for this week’s Ranger Skill 

RuckFit Light (generic participant) 

Tabletop RPG (generic participant)

Beer Yoga (generic participant)

Draw on one person’s accomplishments for inspiration 

4Full

Goal 7: Mini Challenges & PvPs

Do them. If nothing else, this will force me to get my workouts in - I may disappoint myself, but I try damn hard to make sure not to let my guild mates down. 

Did I do any work here? Yep. 

2Full

Goal 8: BIOHACKING

You thought I forgot about this one, didn’t you? I’m twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my data to get back from 23andMe and have been taking the 999999989 quizzes on the site to maximize my contribution to the greater good. TWIDDLING MY THUMBS. 

Anything to do here? Hold please.

EmptyHearts

• Like 4

I think Tank's cross stitch looks great! Was the lettering hard? OMG...that pumpkin chili. For some reason, Heather didn't really like the chili. So, I ended up eating almost ALL of it. I brought some to work the next day and shared with my team but I killed it. It was DELISH!! She said there was a bitter after taste and said it may have been the chocolate. I don't think so, though. I've made chili with the same chocolate I used this time around. I loved it though and can't wait to make it again. Now, I just need to find me some more baking pumpkins!

You can always replace the pumpkin with sweet potatoes. I usually add sweet potatoes so making this one wasn't much different :)

I would do an overnight ruck with you if I could..teaming up sounds epic.

Wolf

• Like 2