From kraken to siren

Adrianne

Staring up at the new wall she had put up Kree smiled a little to herself. She had done it. First day was over and she had put the first wall up! She might even feel a little good about herself. Now to the next challenge - putting another wall upp. She had a design in mind, something like a structure she had seen over in that wierd pile of rock-formation. Orai had explained that it was a human city, since long gone and eaten by the waves. He had said that they lived in these "houses", human caves, and that they had probably died under the waves. Humans couldn't breathe in water he had said. Kree had thought that was really stupid of the humans. How could you not want to live in the ocean? It was so fantastic here, under the sea. But she had love the shape of it and wanted to try to make something similar. So she was building away, slowly working on her new "house".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY! So, second day started. Yesterday I hit both my workout-goal, my walking goal AND my food-goal. Feeling pretty awesome right now I must say! I managed to squeeze in my dayily food-intake under 15 g of carbs, I hit 14. Yay! And water aerobics was fantastic! I always feel awesome doing it and even my busted hip likes it. I just take it a little easier then I normally would and listen to the body.

About todays crossfit - that won't be happening. They didn't have any room left in the class so I will have to do thurseday and friday instead. And that is ok. I will do a long walk tonight instead so I will hit my 40 km goal for the week. Me and my boyfriend are having friends over for a all-weekend D&D session this weekend so I'm guessing there won't be that much moving around then...need to make up for it now. But it WILL BE FANTASTIC!!!! I love me some roleplay! :D

And on the topic of my hip I booked an appointment with my chiropractor next friday. So good on me for making sure I get it looked at in time this time around.

The biggest issue right now is that my kitty cats don't want to let me sleep. At 2 am and 4 am this morning Queen woke me up because she was hungry. It isn't easy being small and cute and a little too chubby. She need to loose some weight as well so we cut back her food oh so slightly. But anyone with cats knows that cats and food is like peas in a pod. And cats especially want to be obeyed....I'm just glad I have the pleasure of being owned by a nice little lady that wakes me up with purrs and cuddles and not scratches in my face. :P So this night I got 5 hours of sleep and the night before that I got 4. So I'm feeling a little rusty at the moment. But that will work itself out eventually!

Cheers!

• Like 3

My cats go into bouts of deciding to be super annoying in the middle of the night sometimes too.  My one cat likes to just start patting me in the face (claws retracted, not scratching, just kind of a hey... hey.... hey... hey...) when he wants something.  Or touching his cold nose to my forehead/eye/whatever he deems is appropriate.  The other one just comes and sits on my face and purrs until I wake up and give her what she wants.  Le sigh.  Gotta love those little critters. Sorry you had a rough sleep though =/

• Like 1

Oooh! I don't know how I managed to skim over that you were LCHF! Me too! This is one of my favorite sites for recipes right now: ruled.me. Let me know if you run into any issues/questions, I've been on since July. Hope it's going well so far!

• Like 1

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

My cats go into bouts of deciding to be super annoying in the middle of the night sometimes too.  My one cat likes to just start patting me in the face (claws retracted, not scratching, just kind of a hey... hey.... hey... hey...) when he wants something.  Or touching his cold nose to my forehead/eye/whatever he deems is appropriate.  The other one just comes and sits on my face and purrs until I wake up and give her what she wants.  Le sigh.  Gotta love those little critters. Sorry you had a rough sleep though =/

Hahaha yupp, that is the life with cats! Lovelly little creatures though but sometimes I just want to make a hat out of her. XD Last night my boyfriend insisted on sleeping on the couch so I could get the bed to myself and get a proper nights sleep. And it worked! Feeling really refreshed today! :D

Oooh! I don't know how I managed to skim over that you were LCHF! Me too! This is one of my favorite sites for recipes right now: ruled.me. Let me know if you run into any issues/questions, I've been on since July. Hope it's going well so far!

Yupp, I'm on LCHF. Been on and off it for a few years now but this is the first time I'm actually committing to it 110%. Personally I hang out at www.dietdoctor.com alot, being a swedish site from the start and all, and then I have gotten books upon books to read. So I have stuffs at home too! Thank you for the link though, it is never a bad idea to update the recipie-bank. ^^

• Like 3

As soon as he heard her scream Orai came to her. She had, somehow, gotten stuck with one of her arms under a rock and was crying and couldn't get lose. Orai helped the little kraken and then he held her and petted her soft head. She was so small, so tiny, and he wondered how she was going to make it. This task he had given her was no small feat but she had taken it on without even blinking. 

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked her as he checked her arms. 

"N-no...I'm ok. Well, this one hurts a bit." Kree told him and held up one of her arms. It was bent in a not so normal position and Orai sighed. Both from relief and from worry. It wasn't a big thing, it would heal itself over time, but it did mean that she had to take it a little easier for a bit and that the new cave just had to wait a little longer. But that was ok, they had time. He smiled and wrapped the hurt arm in a strand of seaweed, making a bandage for it. 

"Hey, how about I tell you a story, hmm? It might take your mind of what happened here for a bit."

Kree nodded and curled up in Orais arms as he started to tell the story of the great white whale. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I went to the doctors office this morning due to my hip. And apparently I have a inflammation in a muscel that connects my leg and my pervis, piriformis. And because of that I can't do any heavy activity until we know what is causing it. So crossfit is out for the time beeing. *sighs* 

She did however say that it was good that I was going to see the chiropractor again next friday and that it was a-ok if I wanted to go swimming and taking walks. So that is where we are right now. Argh, it is so frustrating! I hate being stuck and not be able to do what I want, when I want it. I'm so throwing a 3-year-old inspired tantrum right now. In my head. Alone. 

*takes a deep breath* 

Ok so things aren't really the way I want them to be right now. But I can get there. I need to let my body rest and recover and I can still go strong with the mealplan and low intensity activity. It's ok, I still got this. It is however nice to know what is going on, now I can work from here and get better. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

I hope it gets better soon and they figure out a way to help you. Injurys feel always like a setback, but you handled it well. And you're right plan B will bring you towards your goals, too.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

[Ok so things aren't really the way I want them to be right now. But I can get there. I need to let my body rest and recover and I can still go strong with the mealplan and low intensity activity. It's ok, I still got this. It is however nice to know what is going on, now I can work from here and get better.

SO MUCH THIS. You totally got this! :) If need be, don't be shy about possibly readjusting your goals to fit your current situation.

Great write up, really enjoying the story so far!

• Like 1

Ok, so this time there will be no little piece of story with it, I just wanted to add the SMART goalsetting that we did in the Campus Tours on the forum as well. This way I will be able to find it easier later on if I need to look at it. Enjoy. ^^

Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

I have been going over the goal a few times and loosing 50 kg in 12 months isn't impossible. It might be hard but it is doable. I need to loose 1 kg/week to be able to pull it off but I won't get mad if it ends up being less then 50 kg. 

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

I'm just focusing on one thing right now. Just staying afloat and not falling back into my old eatinghabbits and slacking around on the coach takes up all the energy I have. So just one goal for now.

Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

I can absolutely scale them down if I need to. I am just taking it one day at a time and not trying to get all hysterical about the scale and the numbers on it. My main focus is eating better and moving more plus sleeping like I need to. And if it takes a little longer time to achieve the goal that is completely fine. But just to specify - "a little time longer" means maybe 6 months to 1 year longer. I have waited too long already to get where I want to be. 

Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

Yes they are measurable. I keep a foodjournal where I track the intake of food, I book all my workouts like appointments in my calendar and I write down how I sleep and the amount I get per night. There is also the scale when it comes to my weight. 

How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

At the moment I am not grading my goals. I do however give myself rewards now and then when I do good. But it is very important for me to NOT put focus on eadable things as rewards. So I might cuddle with my cats a little while longer or I might read a book or buy some new yarn for a project I'm working on. It depends. 

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

As I wrote above - the goal is to stay on track with the diet and movement. If I get injured (and I am atm unfortunatly) I will just hade to change things around a little. Getting injured doesn't mean I get to eas icecream all day even if it might mean that I can't do crossfit for a while. I just change things along the way when needed. If I get really hurt I will however change down the pace of the process - no need to add stress to the mixture. 

Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

I did take christmas and my boyfriends birthday into consideration. I have decided that during these two occasions I may eat as I like. But it will mean that one day for my boyfriends birthdayparty and one day on christmas. For the rest I'm sticking to the diet. 

Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

I only have one goal. 

Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

I have the time in my scheduel. I make sure to make the time. The only person that I will have to spend the rest of my life with is me. So I better make damn sure I'm good enough for myself to take me all the way.  :)

Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

As of now I am only focusing on loosing weight. 

• Like 1

Ok....today there will be no little story. Today is a very very bad day. I have cheated both saturday and sunday when it comes to food and I have eaten alot of candy. I woke up last night with cold sweats, a racing heart and tummy ache. I barely slept anything. And today I fell back a little, not as mush as yesterday, but still some. And now I feel like shit to be honest. Most mentally. I feel like a faliure and I don't feel like doing anything at all. 

But I know that plannig will get me out of this. Right now I have about 4 pounds of chickenbreasts in the oven cooking and later I will put a batch of salmon fillet in there. This way I can stay on track for the coming week. And I am very very happy with myself for completing the weekly challenge with The Order of the Stick, I did 25 miles over the course of the week. That means I walked 45 km in this week and it makes me happy I did it. 

Now if you excuse me I will go hide in Skyrim and pretend everything is alright until I get to go to slepp and tomorrow WILL be an awesome day. That I have decided. 

Cheers mates!

A bad couple of days can be hard to recover from, but it sounds like you are doing it. Congratulations. :-)

Above you mentioned not having a grade for your goals, so it's good that you are allowed to oops without failing. That was my problem in my first challenge. Little failures turned into "I give up." This time, I based my success on averages, so I can make up for my mistakes.

• Like 1

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

Kree smiles happily as she put the last stone down on the second wall of her new cave-house. The arm she had hurt before was still in such a shape that she couldn't use it but she had let the building of the second wall take its time. Orai had helped as much as he could this time, talking to her as the days went, and they had laughed alot together. Kree had started to feel more relaxed around him and that made her do things she never thought she could do. Usually she kept her little arms to herself as much as possible to not cause for any reason for others to tease her but now when Orai had made her less aware of herself she had realised that she was capable of a great many things. She was strong and flexible, the second wall had come up much faster then the first one. She had figured out how to use the rocks weight to her advantage and this wall was alot more sturdy then the first one. She had even started on a new floor since the old one hadn't given the walls enough, if any, support at all. 

Kree grinned. She was going to do this. It was going to be all right. Soon the house was done and then Orai would tell her what the next challenge would be. But until then she had a house to build. She picked up a stone and started putting it in place for the third wall. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! So even if this weekend was a little of a off-road trip I still got this. Food for the coming week is done more or less, the carb-count is checked and I have my workouts written down. Tomorrow I will meet my therapist and on friday I have an appointment with my chiropractor. Yupp, this is going to be an awesome week!

Regarding my goals I have the pleasure of informing you good people that I now weigh 131.7 kg, or 290 lbs. That is a difference of 4,9 kg or 11 lbs. I am very pleased about this! :D

Well...that is all right now. I will get back to breakfast and then get going. I have a train to catch. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

As soon as he heard her scream Orai came to her. She had, somehow, gotten stuck with one of her arms under a rock and was crying and couldn't get lose. Orai helped the little kraken and then he held her and petted her soft head. She was so small, so tiny, and he wondered how she was going to make it. This task he had given her was no small feat but she had taken it on without even blinking. 

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked her as he checked her arms. 

"N-no...I'm ok. Well, this one hurts a bit." Kree told him and held up one of her arms. It was bent in a not so normal position and Orai sighed. Both from relief and from worry. It wasn't a big thing, it would heal itself over time, but it did mean that she had to take it a little easier for a bit and that the new cave just had to wait a little longer. But that was ok, they had time. He smiled and wrapped the hurt arm in a strand of seaweed, making a bandage for it. 

"Hey, how about I tell you a story, hmm? It might take your mind of what happened here for a bit."

Kree nodded and curled up in Orais arms as he started to tell the story of the great white whale. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I went to the doctors office this morning due to my hip. And apparently I have a inflammation in a muscel that connects my leg and my pervis, piriformis. And because of that I can't do any heavy activity until we know what is causing it. So crossfit is out for the time beeing. *sighs* 

She did however say that it was good that I was going to see the chiropractor again next friday and that it was a-ok if I wanted to go swimming and taking walks. So that is where we are right now. Argh, it is so frustrating! I hate being stuck and not be able to do what I want, when I want it. I'm so throwing a 3-year-old inspired tantrum right now. In my head. Alone. 

*takes a deep breath* 

Ok so things aren't really the way I want them to be right now. But I can get there. I need to let my body rest and recover and I can still go strong with the mealplan and low intensity activity. It's ok, I still got this. It is however nice to know what is going on, now I can work from here and get better. 

Cheers!

Oh no! That stinks :( Well, I hope your hip gets better soon! Keep us updated on your progress :). Swimming and walking may seem boring, but you can always do creative thinking for your story while you do these things. And, remember that its all only temporary!

Regarding my goals I have the pleasure of informing you good people that I now weigh 131.7 kg, or 290 lbs. That is a difference of 4,9 kg or 11 lbs. I am very pleased about this!  :D

WOOT WOOT!!! Excellent to hear, Adrianne. Just think how much more you could achieve by the end of the challenge :playful: ?! Awesome stuff. Now, take this motivation and beastmode week 2!

Question? How heavy is heavy from what your doctor is saying you can't do? Have you ever heard of rucking? In it's simplist explanation, it's putting weight into a backpack and walking/hiking with it. Even if you just did 5 pounds or something, you could easily get into rucking. If you're interested, check these out:

Rucking Around

RuckFit Lite

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Oh no! That stinks :( Well, I hope your hip gets better soon! Keep us updated on your progress :). Swimming and walking may seem boring, but you can always do creative thinking for your story while you do these things. And, remember that its all only temporary!

WOOT WOOT!!! Excellent to hear, Adrianne. Just think how much more you could achieve by the end of the challenge :playful: ?! Awesome stuff. Now, take this motivation and beastmode week 2!

Question? How heavy is heavy from what your doctor is saying you can't do? Have you ever heard of rucking? In it's simplist explanation, it's putting weight into a backpack and walking/hiking with it. Even if you just did 5 pounds or something, you could easily get into rucking. If you're interested, check these out:

Rucking Around

RuckFit Lite

Wolf

I'm not supposed to put any serious strain on my hips until at least friday, I have an appointment with my chriopractor then and he will give me the go or no-go when it comes to crossfit. If I get OK from him I can go back next week! :D So fingers crossed for that. 

Ooooh, rucking sounds fun! I will check into it I belive, thanks for the links!

• Like 1

She looked at her progress and smirked some. The third wall was up but it didn't look really good enough she thought. The past few days had been really turbulent since the current of the ocean had shifted some. They usually did this time of year and it wasn't anything new. But what was new was the house Kree was trying to build. And she wasn't happy with it at all. The stones didn't quite fit and she was sitting down on the bottom staring at them. Yes, she would have to tear half of it down and start over again. But that was ok. It would always be ok. Starting over to be sure to make a good, solid foundation for her structure would always take prioroty, even if it would mean she had to work twice as hard for twice as long. She wasn't in a hurry and she wanted to make it the best as she could. 

She did however have some trouble with wanting to be done soon. Her impatience had made her loose sleep and not eat and Orai had scolded her for this. 

"Without proper sleep and nourishment you will never get where you want to be. You need to take care of yourself, this is our first priority. Always! I will have none of this anymore, go get something to eat and I will finish up here for you. Then after you eat you will go straight to your nest young lady and sleep!"

Orai had looked stern and Kree had gotten a little scared of him. But she knew it was true. She needed sleep. And food. So she sulked and swam away, not wanting to stop when she was in the zone, but deep inside she was happy he had told her off. Now she would sleep. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So right now I'm having some struggles with food. Again. I went to my therapist yesterday and together we dug into my past. It is nice to feel safe around someone that can help but it drags up alot of crap that I really wanted to forget. But as he tells me - I can't expect to move forward if the past is dragging me down. And it is. All my emotionel eating comes from the crap I've been through and to fix the eating I need to adress the issues that started it. And I look forward to cleaning out my heart-space and filling it up with nice and good memories and feelings. :) 

On that note I have started a little journal on my phone. Here I write down everything I eat that isn't within the ruels of my diet. Yesterday I had 2 cheesburgers from McDonalds and a chocolate milkshake. But this was straight after the meeting with the therapist and well....feelings all over the place. I will forgive myself for that. But to make sure that one time don't turn into four weeks I thought I would write it down. Without any hate or value. But just for me to see. If I start feeling bad about it I will just get rid of it. I will not touch anything that gives me more shame then I already have over my body or current life, if it hurts me it has to go. Simple as that. I love myself too much now to let something like that bring me down further. 

Happy thing! I did pilates today again, finally! Hip didn't hurt either. It did however bitch a little but that was it. Moving around in controlled movements with just my bodyweight will do me alot of good I feel. And swimming tomorrow. It will be fantastic. I will be fantastic. And it will all work out. :) I do however need more sleep.....hmm....I'll just drink this cup of tea and then go to bed. Myes....that I will do. 

Cheers!

• Like 3

Adrianne, keep it up! You've got a good helping of PMA. ^^ You're doing fine. :)

Tea is great for everything. <3 One of my favourite cure-alls!

• Like 2

Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Half Elf, Adventurer

Level 0

STR:0    DEX:0    STA:0    CON:0    WIS:0   CHA:0

Lose 10kg! 70kg > 60kg

11%
11%

She looked at her progress and smirked some. The third wall was up but it didn't look really good enough she thought. The past few days had been really turbulent since the current of the ocean had shifted some. They usually did this time of year and it wasn't anything new. But what was new was the house Kree was trying to build. And she wasn't happy with it at all. The stones didn't quite fit and she was sitting down on the bottom staring at them. Yes, she would have to tear half of it down and start over again. But that was ok. It would always be ok. Starting over to be sure to make a good, solid foundation for her structure would always take prioroty, even if it would mean she had to work twice as hard for twice as long. She wasn't in a hurry and she wanted to make it the best as she could. 

She did however have some trouble with wanting to be done soon. Her impatience had made her loose sleep and not eat and Orai had scolded her for this. 

"Without proper sleep and nourishment you will never get where you want to be. You need to take care of yourself, this is our first priority. Always! I will have none of this anymore, go get something to eat and I will finish up here for you. Then after you eat you will go straight to your nest young lady and sleep!"

Orai had looked stern and Kree had gotten a little scared of him. But she knew it was true. She needed sleep. And food. So she sulked and swam away, not wanting to stop when she was in the zone, but deep inside she was happy he had told her off. Now she would sleep. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So right now I'm having some struggles with food. Again. I went to my therapist yesterday and together we dug into my past. It is nice to feel safe around someone that can help but it drags up alot of crap that I really wanted to forget. But as he tells me - I can't expect to move forward if the past is dragging me down. And it is. All my emotionel eating comes from the crap I've been through and to fix the eating I need to adress the issues that started it. And I look forward to cleaning out my heart-space and filling it up with nice and good memories and feelings. :) 

On that note I have started a little journal on my phone. Here I write down everything I eat that isn't within the ruels of my diet. Yesterday I had 2 cheesburgers from McDonalds and a chocolate milkshake. But this was straight after the meeting with the therapist and well....feelings all over the place. I will forgive myself for that. But to make sure that one time don't turn into four weeks I thought I would write it down. Without any hate or value. But just for me to see. If I start feeling bad about it I will just get rid of it. I will not touch anything that gives me more shame then I already have over my body or current life, if it hurts me it has to go. Simple as that. I love myself too much now to let something like that bring me down further. 

Happy thing! I did pilates today again, finally! Hip didn't hurt either. It did however bitch a little but that was it. Moving around in controlled movements with just my bodyweight will do me alot of good I feel. And swimming tomorrow. It will be fantastic. I will be fantastic. And it will all work out. :) I do however need more sleep.....hmm....I'll just drink this cup of tea and then go to bed. Myes....that I will do. 

Cheers!

Way to go little Kraken keep it up :)

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

I love your attitude about eating towards the end of your last update. Yeah, so you had some McDonald's and a milkshake but you're not letting that define you all together. Keep that up because it's a great attitude to have!

You are fantastic! Keep up the awesome, Adrianne!

Speaking of sleep, have you messed around with magnesium?? Check into it because I've found not only with sleep but sore muscles will magnesium help. You can ingest it with brands like Nature Calm or use it as a topical spray for hurt or sore muscles/joints. Ingesting helps with sleep :)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I love your attitude about eating towards the end of your last update. Yeah, so you had some McDonald's and a milkshake but you're not letting that define you all together. Keep that up because it's a great attitude to have!

You are fantastic! Keep up the awesome, Adrianne!

Speaking of sleep, have you messed around with magnesium?? Check into it because I've found not only with sleep but sore muscles will magnesium help. You can ingest it with brands like Nature Calm or use it as a topical spray for hurt or sore muscles/joints. Ingesting helps with sleep :)

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

Thank you! I do try to keep an open mind and not freak out over every little thing I do or eat. If I do it will only result in me going hysterical and throwing all caution to the wind. And I have spent too many ears trying to get a quick-fix when all I need is patience. And Lord knows I need me some of that. Alot of it actually....like a truckload. *sighs* If it didn't happen yesterday it's too late-kind of thing. Sucks at times. 

Oh yes, magnesium! I've started taking multivitamins in the last few days and magnesium is in there. And I already sleep better. It might just be my imagination but I feel more clear in my head also. And the D-vitamins helps also. Considering we will be down to like 6 hours of daylight in a few weeks, and taking into account that those 6 hours I will spend inside the hospital where I work, I need them boosts of sun in the shape of pills. During winter it sucks to live in Sweden. But hey, we get that back in the summer instead. :P

• Like 1

I just saw your status update and wanted to leave some happiness and rainbows here!

A lot of what I read in your posts are things that I went through myself, being an emotional eater and letting my weight define me. All I can say is keep up the good work. You're really pushing your comfort zone and this can be very difficult at times. It takes a loooot of courage, blood, sweat and tears. 

Go you!! :D 

So right now I'm having some struggles with food. Again. I went to my therapist yesterday and together we dug into my past. It is nice to feel safe around someone that can help but it drags up alot of crap that I really wanted to forget. But as he tells me - I can't expect to move forward if the past is dragging me down.

This is so-so-sooo true. The digging into your past (and for me it also felt like digging into deep dark corners of myself) can be so confronting and painful. But taking out the past piece by piece and reflecting on it gives you the opportunity to let it go and allow yourself to be you and be the way you want to be. And don't forget to try to be happy Now. Looking back and digging in the past also means accepting who you are and where you came from, seeing the improvements you've already made as a person, from then until now, rather than looking forward into the golden future you so desperately want to reach. 

I hope what I said made sense :) teehee. 

RELEASE-THE-KRAKEN.jpg

Also don't listen to the Haters. I throw imaginary eggs at them. <3

• Like 2

This is so-so-sooo true. The digging into your past (and for me it also felt like digging into deep dark corners of myself) can be so confronting and painful. But taking out the past piece by piece and reflecting on it gives you the opportunity to let it go and allow yourself to be you and be the way you want to be. And don't forget to try to be happy Now. Looking back and digging in the past also means accepting who you are and where you came from, seeing the improvements you've already made as a person, from then until now, rather than looking forward into the golden future you so desperately want to reach. 

I hope what I said made sense :) teehee. 

RELEASE-THE-KRAKEN.jpg

Also don't listen to the Haters. I throw imaginary eggs at them. <3

First of all - CUTE! :D That little "baby kraken" was so utterly adorable! :D Thank you!

And for the rest I see it as this - it is because I am happy now that I finally have the strength and power to do this and go digging into the piles of crap that is behind me. Because let's face it - no matter how much of a beautiful garden I plant it will always stink of crap if I don't clean up the dung. XD 

I see the improvements I have done, just going to talk to someone is a huge deal. And I'm less panicky about food and if I mess upp now adays then I used to be. If I screw up before I could go days in angst and hate myself. Now I just look at it, aknowledge that it might not have been the best idea, shrug and move on. Plus I try to learn from when I do mess up so that I will know the signs better next time. Hopefully. Baby steps here. I didn't become morbidly obese over night and I won't loose it over night. :)

• Like 3

Ok, since I have like 0 motivation today as to writing any part of any story I'll just get down to it. One negative and one positive point. 

I'll start with the less good one. My hip. It still hurts like an SOB. My chiropractor said that either it is just a really really bad muscle inflammation OR it might be a repetative strain injury. And that sounds more possible due to the fact that I am a whale on legs. Sorry, so not a good day today and it is really hard to stay positive. I will see if I can get an x-ray done on the hip to see what it is but it isn't looking good at the moment. Unfortunatly. And because of this I binged yesterday and today I'm dealing with massive guilt. It is messing me up inside and I'm really thankful for the fact that I will see my therapist today. It will be needed. 

*takes a deep breath* Ok, so let's try to stay positive shall we? The good thing is that yesterdays food intake was awesome. I nailed it. Clean LCHF-food all day long! And I made this just awesome chicken in peanutsauce with cauliflower-rice for dinner and Oh. My. God. It was the best thing I have ever made! I'm very proud of myself for that. And I also did 15000 steps yesterday plus the little mini-workout designed by The Order of the Stick so 10 burpees, 10 pushups, 19 jumping jacks and 20 situps. I know I got more in me but just the fact that I did this yesterday even if I got the bleak message seen above - it is huge. I did it. 

So ok, I will get over this also. I have called my doctor and she will get back to me about the referral to an x-ray. I have an appointment with my therapist today and now I have something real and current to work with, wich is awesome. I have a fantastic lunchbox with me that I can't wait to eat and I am getting my hair done this afternoon. My life is ok, the road just had a smallet pothole in it, but it is just to get back up there and keep going. I might even sign up for some crossfit on thurseday just to get something done there also. :)

Thanks you guys for listening. Today it was just what I needed. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

Ok, since my creative juices apparently isn't really feeling like flowing right now I will just do a simple update. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the story. ;)

Ohkay! So! Update! And a little more in depth this time I thought. 

So about myself. I'm feeling better today. I went to see my trainer yesterday and he has now constructed a workout-plan that I am to follow for 4 weeks. I'm not allowed to do ANY lowe body workouts that might put a big strain on my hips. And according to him and the resitend physiotherapist we have, it isn't any problems with the bones. It is just a real bad strain and inflammation. So hard work and patience will get me back on track. Yay for that! I also signed an accountability-contract with him yesterday - I now have to go three times per week for the coming 4 weeks. If I want this transformation I need to put in the time and make it happen. Something I have been having a real hard time with. I was a little hesitant as to sign something like that but I need it. I need the continuety and the focus on doing this. And after the first workout today I feel good. I missed the feeling of moving my body around. This will be good. 

The workout in itself wasn't that intense or anything. That said it made me sweat. And that is a good thing. It was all about easy movement to get some blood flowing into the injured are. So 40 min with a rotation of burning 10 kcal on the assultbike and then doing one-handed farmers walks around the room, one round per arm, back on the assaultbike for another 10 kcal and then doing one-handed waiters walks. Rince and repeat. I used to be kinda strong but today my max weight with just one arm was 40 lbs. Meh, i'll get there. ^^

And the food this week. The food. I'm doing fucking great! I've found some kind of flow and I feel great about it. I did pig out on icecream on monday but I blame that event on "lingonberryweek" as we call it here. :tongue: The ladies (and probably the gents too) will know what kind of week I'm talking about. "Raging-hormones-i-will-eat-everything-get-out-of-my-face" week. Myeah....shit happens eh? Besides this it has been fantastic. The food has been great, I've been hitting my goals and staying under 15 g of carbs each day. Yesterday I had some cravings also but I found a new way to stay away from it. Since I am doing this for the sake of getting healthier and being able to have a baby it just hit me that I have to visualise just that. In other words I pictured the kind of thing I wanted to eat, in this case a bar of chocolate, and then big fat OR and a baby. Like so:

japp30g.jpg  OR Baby_naming_420x294-420x0.jpg

Let's just say the decision was fairly easy after that image..... no chocolate for me!

And on that note I will go to bed now. It is already passed my bedtime and I haven't put my stuff together for tomorrow. Yeah, I got stuck here for a while instead. :P

• Like 3

I'm so behind! I have to scroll up and read more but I'm glad you're posting and doing so well with positive feed back on here! I'll catch up on your kraken story this weekend when I have proper time. Until then, keep it up! Have faith in yourself and don't forget you've already had success. :)

Hugs from America!

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

It had almost been a week since Orai and his followers had arrived at the kraken nest. Kree had first been very apprehensive of the newcomers but now she loved having them around. The otherwise dull life she usually lead was beginning to brighten up and she was getting out more. With them around she didn't really stick out anymore and the other krakens were accepting her a little bit better. But she didn't want to fit in here anymore, she wanted to go with Orai when he left. The house she had built during the first week was done. It was slightly unstable but she was going to work on that. But all in all she was very happy with it. It was a stable foundation for her new life. Now it was time for her next challenge and she would face it head on!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so there was a little time since I wrote anything. There has been ups and down and a heck of a 30-year-birthdayparty last weekend. All in all I belive I did good! I hade one slice of cake and half a glass of soda over the course of the entire evening. Besides that I ate ok, only meat and veg (butter-fried kale with parmesane...omfg it was sooo good!). Yes, I handeled it good. On the down side I went out with friends on friday and had a few drinks and since I very rarely drinks, like once every 6 months, I didn't think that much of it. And then saturday it was the party as earlier described. And sunday it was brunch with my love to celebrate him just him and me and there were american pancaces and syrup and bacon involved in that situation. Meh, but it was good! And it was a one-time thing. I know that. And I won't let it put me down.

Weight-wise it has been going good really. Well, up until this weekend then. But it was really good and it won't be any problems keeping it up. I just jumped back to it instantly when the isolated incidents were done. Ok, just to explaine a bit. I'm a notorius "Meh, I messed up, might as well keep eating cake/candy/bread since I'm already a failure". But that wasn't the case this time! I had cake - yes. Did it ruin the entire evening? Nope! Did I binge out because of it? Nope! Did the pancaces on sunday want me to eat a whole loaf of bread? NOPE! I HAVE CONTROLL!!! Or at least it feels like it. And I'm loving that feeling. And that is what will make me lose more weight without me being all crazy about it. Please see updated weight down in the signature. ^_^b

And about the workouts. I've been a little on the down-low since my hip acted up but all in all it is getting better. I got a rehab-program from my trainer at the crossfit-box that I will have to follow like a slave for 4 weeks and then we will evaluate. And it feels good. I'm very much back to basics but I love it. I love working out on my own and not having to measure up to other people in the box. Right now I just do me and that is just fine. I'll get back with the progress after 4 weeks I think.

General idea of it all - I got this.

I feel relaxed and that is a huge thing. I feel like even if I have slip-ups I will still be able to come back on track again and keep going. Yupp....that's exactly like it feels.

Cheers!

• Like 2