Scumspawn's 4th challenge. Moving more.

Scumspawn

Tuesday, I've had a whole week off everything, work, exercise, eating plans and I still don't feel great. I'm just eating whatever I feel like and walking a lot for the forseeable. I've been doing some light stretches, weights are beyond me right now.

Good news is that I went supermarket shopping yesterday (Lidl) with the idea of buying something sweet to eat over xmas - I just didn't fancy any of it, stollen, ginger biscuits, mince pies..... I'm just not interested.

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

How did the gig turn out? Were you fit enough to enjoy it?

I hear you on the self employed part. 

I am slowly crawling out of the pits myself, and daresay that I will soon rejoin the living. Not the living dead, I've been with them far too long. I hate colds.

Alcohol didn't have any temptation for me wither. But totally "un-paleo" I craved very dark and bitter chocolate. Flushed down with gallons of water or tea. Who knows, maybe it did help me to recover.

Since this is the last challenge of the year, I am going to extend it too, but with giving myself a wee bit of leeway during the holidays. I repeat after you: icecream helps sore throat...

Gig was hard work but worth going to, I went sober so I could drive home, I haven't had a drink for about 3 weeks now. Still don't feel like it.

At the moment I'm totally off plan so I really admire that your only un paleo thing was chocolate! Just off to check your thread now...

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I still feel horrible, I think I'm getting new colds on top of the tail end of the old colds.

I think this challenge is pretty much over for me. I can't taste anything so I'm going for texture, which is bread and biscuits.

I have rocked the self care element though!

New start with full health next year.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

end of week 3 of being ill, end of challenge :-(

I'm coming out of it now so next week I can be back on track, 1 day of sugar, 2 of wheat, 3 of cheese, though I might lighten up a little over xmas holiday.

Good things about being sick and giving up the challenge are:

Self care was totally nailed 100%

I didn't drink for 3 weeks.

I have slept 8 hours consistently for weeks now!

I'll do the same challenge in the new year because it was really working before I got felled by the flu. I think I did the right thing stopping though.

• Like 2

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

updating everthing - I've pulled a rotator cuff, so no moving my arm over my head for a few weeks, no lifting anything heavier than a tin of beans. My knee is a bit iffy if I do anything over 3 minutes, though I am concentrating on squats and stretches to strengthen it. Also it's raining almost constantly, I need to get a baseball cap so I can run in the rain!

so January's challenge will be more about sorting out food, I was doing really well then weeks and weeks of the flu scuppered me - when I can't taste anything I go for textures, and that was (and still is bread). My eating is not out of control, I'm not binging on anything but I'm not making good choices.

Original Challenge

Quest 1 - Pandora as often as I can, gym once a week (apart from on school holidays).
16% on stat bar for each week I exercise at least twice a week. STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2

I got 48% for this so I'm going to give my self half points, STR1, DEX 1, STA1.
Revised Quest 1 for January - get to my Misfit tracker goal of 1000 points a day for 6 days out of 7. 16% for each full week achieved, STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2

Quest 2 - Change my eating habits for the better, One meal that contains sugar on one day a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times.

I need to menu plan to make this happen so I can diary in wheat/cheese/sugar days.

16% on stat bar for every week I stick to this plan - no points if I have extra days of anything. CON 3,

Again 48% so half points CON1.5. This worked well for me when I was well.
Revised Quest for January - sugar once a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times, 16% on stat bar for every week I stick to this plan - no points if I have extra days of anything. CON3

Quest 3 - Smaller portions and stopping eating when I'm full. Smaller plates for 2 meals a day.

2.5% on stat bar each day this is achieved WIS 3

I got 40% for this so I'm going to give myself a third of the points - WIS1.
Revised Quest for January - Mindfulness, 2.5% on stat bar every day I practice mindfulness in any situation (including eating) for at least 5 minutes a day.

Life Goal - self care, using moisturiser and conditioner, looking after myself, taking proper breaks away from work.

2.5% for each day I spend 5 minutes looking after myself somehow. CHA 3

This was a full on 100%, for the whole challenge. CHA 3 I really did look after myself, when I got ill I stopped.
No revision to this Goal for January. 2.5% for each day I spend 5 minutes looking after myself somehow. CHA 3

Totals for Nov Challenge - STR1, DEX 1, STA1, CON1.5, WIS1, CHA 3

Quest 1 for January - get to my Misfit tracker goal of 1000 points a day for 6 days out of 7. 16% for each full week achieved, STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2

Quest 2 for January - sugar once a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times, 16% on stat bar for every week I stick to this plan - no points if I have extra days of anything. CON3

Quest 3 for January - sugar once a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times, 16% on stat bar for every week I stick to this plan - no points if I have extra days of anything. CON3

Life Goal for January. 2.5% for each day I spend 5 minutes looking after myself somehow. CHA 3

I'm not going to weigh or measure myself, I've bought a size up in trousers and I'm going to learn to be happy with my size and work on my health instead of focussing on losing weight.

The rules for challenges are changing though so I may have to adjust these again.

• Like 2

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Sorry getting sick derailed your challenge, and to hear about the rotater cuff. I think you are wise to focus on health. Steve once quoted someone else in one of his blog posts saying, "Appearance is a consequence of fitness," meaning that fitness is the true goal, not visual things. 

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Sorry getting sick derailed your challenge, and to hear about the rotater cuff. I think you are wise to focus on health. Steve once quoted someone else in one of his blog posts saying, "Appearance is a consequence of fitness," meaning that fitness is the true goal, not visual things. 

yep, that makes sense and thanks :-)  I'm just reading old articles about dealing with injury and starting again now.

A few years ago I could lose weght so easily, not now though. I have to accept I'm bigger and that is the way it is.

Happiest Holidays Tanktimus, see you next challenge :-)

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Revised January challenge with new 4 week rules, I'm really happy it's 4 weeks now, I consistently flag on week 3 because it's halfway and the other 3 weeks seem a long time, 4 weeks will hopefully make it easier.

Quest 1 for January - get to my Misfit tracker goal of 1000 points a day for 6 days out of 7. 24.5% for each full week achieved, STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2

Quest 2 for January - Mindfulness, 3.5% on stat bar every day I practice mindfulness in any situation (including eating) for at least 5 minutes a day.

Quest 3 for January - sugar once a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times, 24.5% on stat bar for every week I stick to this plan - no points if I have extra days of anything. CON3

Life Goal for January. 3.5% for each day I spend 5 minutes looking after myself somehow. CHA 3

I'm not going to weigh or measure myself, I've bought a size up in trousers and I'm going to learn to be happy with my size and work on my health instead of focussing on losing weight.

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Rotator cuff injuries are so mean! I hope you will feel better soon! Well, as soon as possible - usually that sh*t takes quite a while. :-/

Nevertheless, you rocked this challenge!

What do you think about the new challenge rules? I actually kinda like it - four week seems doable, the smaller breaks in between keep the momentum and one can simply focus on one or two goals, making them a habit and then keep going instead of losing oneself in too many things (which I tend to do).

I'm thinking about my January challenge already, too. Main topic will be health, which includes self care, as a staple of mental health. 

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Rotator cuff injuries are so mean! I hope you will feel better soon! Well, as soon as possible - usually that sh*t takes quite a while. :-/

Nevertheless, you rocked this challenge!

What do you think about the new challenge rules? I actually kinda like it - four week seems doable, the smaller breaks in between keep the momentum and one can simply focus on one or two goals, making them a habit and then keep going instead of losing oneself in too many things (which I tend to do).

I'm thinking about my January challenge already, too. Main topic will be health, which includes self care, as a staple of mental health. 

well, I rocked the 3 weeks I did it for!, and since then I have been eating all the bread, and cakes and biscuits.

I am really looking forward to 4 week challenges!

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Sickness got in your way, that does not count - feeling sick makes it very hard sticking with new plans concerning nutrition. Body and soul demand vigorously what they've been used to for a long time, and giving in means in this case not to put extra stress on body and soul. 

By the way: I hereby admit that next to my keyboard sits a nice glass of sparkling wine which isn't exactly Paleo… but we're about toswing over to a New Year, and I will be damned if I don't enjoy the ride! :D

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Sickness got in your way, that does not count - feeling sick makes it very hard sticking with new plans concerning nutrition. Body and soul demand vigorously what they've been used to for a long time, and giving in means in this case not to put extra stress on body and soul. 

By the way: I hereby admit that next to my keyboard sits a nice glass of sparkling wine which isn't exactly Paleo… but we're about toswing over to a New Year, and I will be damned if I don't enjoy the ride! :D

I am in 'fuck it' mode. I've just been at my vegan parents which is carb central for 2 days, the only way to get a decent chunk of protein for breakfast is to find a cafe or eat nuts, and we have pizza for dinner. I will be going to bed early though :-) Happiest new year, see you on the other side :-)

• Like 2

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I feel bad for you, my parents are coming over and I'm serving them bacon wrapped pork tenderloin.  :devilish:

not scrambled tofu then? or vegi sausages? :-) I love my parents but every meal is carbs carbs - breakfast is cereal, lunch is wraps, dinner is rice or oven chips......... my dad has just been diagnosed with diabetes so my mum has him on a no sugar and low fat diet - she cannot understand that carbs = sugar

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%