• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

You Encounter a Hippie Koaladle!

For the most part they're either underway or were not in France this week, but with Internet People, I'll have no idea how they are until they log on. Granted, I'm sure they have much more important things to do than check in on NF, so I'm trying to stay patient--but I worry.

UPDATE!

Unexpected time off dog duty completely changed my plans for yesterday; I ended up being able to get some chores done, including a run to a craft store. Now, craft stores are not a place I generally allow myself to go into unsupervised, as they are a major source of Disney Princess paraphernalia and coloring books and I am in many ways an overgrown child. As it was, I had a lovely time walking around Michael's for over three hours picking up little hobbies--a silly cross stitch pattern that says "laundry today or naked tomorrow"; perler beads so I can make a large Kirby Superstar tree topper and some other 32-bit ornaments; and scrapbooking supplies for a care package. Fortunately for HH's sanity, I didn't buy all the Christmas things--but I REALLY WANTED to take a train of shopping carts to the cash register, especially after admiring the Christmas village display.

"Oh no... Koaladle, are you one of those annoying Christmas people," I hear you ask.

Put is in the woods and it's my Dream House

10-Christmas-House.jpg

I must admit that I am. 

I can see myself wearing this to fancy parties.

348677196119864889EgIo2dkec.jpg

I spent over 22 years being a Grinch, but my heart finally grew three sizes a couple of years ago during my first Christmas with HH. I got home from deployment on Christmas Eve, and found the apartment decorated, presents under the tree, and a whole set of pots and pans so we could make dinner; when Christmas morning finally came, HH proposed. Now, Christmas is my favorite holiday; the carols are no longer annoying, I can't wait to set up the tree, and I spend all year scheming for his presents. Craft stores are notorious for starting the holiday nightmare in September, so I skipped through the aisles delighted among the decorations. Fortunately, the only Christmasey things I left with were holiday cards and wrapping paper--it was over half off, and if we don't get a jump on wrapping things, writing the letters, and sending them off, the families will get everything in the summer for the third year in a row. 

Anyway, once I was safely back from the craft store, I got a move on my quests. Strangely, only the fitness quests were completed. I attempted awesomesue's hanging challenge (an abysmal failure, but now hanging off of something has been added to my BBWW routine), and I completed the BBWW circuit for Valere before doing most of a second circuit during Movie Night. I was surprisingly self-conscious working out in front of HH, but he assured me that it was better to see me shaking 10 seconds into a plank than doing nothing about my health. 

Here's what I learned from the failed quests yesterday: I made the mistake of putting a disgusting dressing on my salad at dinner (so only one veggie for the day); I can prevent this by either using a reliable condiment or not slathering my food in dubious liquids, as well as aiming for two veggies at lunch in case of disaster. I was on track with my liquid consumption, but fell asleep halfway through my last liter of water. An easy fix: drink water regularly during the day, which is prudent anyway so I'm not waking up twice in the middle of the night. No sticker for yesterday, but becase I survived the PFH a couple days ago, I have seven stickers for the week. I'm determined to earn a princess every day this time around! 

Today is an active rest day, so I walked Heimdall to the dog park for play time. Miraculously, no disaster cut our time short! I'm considering a second active thing today, but I've been fighting the sleepies since I woke and may opt for a cuddley puppy nap first. Judging by Heimdall's snores, he's game. Either way, he's going to need another walk so he can secure our borders against the Neighborhood Terrier; that walk very well may jump start my evening activity. I'm getting some produce in for lunch (taco salad, heavy on lettuce, onion, and tomato, light on rest), and whatever I do for dinner (probably pork chops with rice and squash) will have a side of salad. I'll check in tomorrow with my sticker report as I am turning off my laptop for the rest of the day. I could benefit from less screen time. :-)

• Like 5

I live Christmas! It's always been my favourite - especially the lights. I don't go too far out with decorations as I too could get carried away with things ( though they'd have to match). I'm so glad HH turned Christmas into a good thing for you. You deserve that! Sounds like you had a very productive day today! Great work on your challenges! You're doing awesome!!

• Like 1

Just checking in with you, Koaladle; you're doing great!  I like Christmas, too, but have recently moved in with a Grinch.  I won't sway his opinion but I hope to bring some fun into the season for him!

I can't believe tomorrow is the beginning of week three... ever onward!

• Like 1

What an awesome story! I'm a bit of a grinch, but I always enjoy the togetherness of the holiday (though my family is always a drama crapshoot...)

Anyway, I stopped by to give you some gifpresents

tumblr_lqfbgfmaN61qdapaao1_500.gif   koala_zpsb6d14777.gif

1470_animals-eating-chewing-koala-winkin    giphy.gif

• Like 1

What a great story!  My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  Always have more fun and less pressure with family.  LOL  Enough bad dressing choices and now I pretty much only do olive oil and vinegar.  Okay a little blue cheese on a special occasion.  Last week I did not pack enough of my usual dressing and found out that dry salads are not so bad.  Not a favorite but better than the alternatives from our cafeteria.  

• Like 1

Your christmas story warms my heart <3 I'm a super grinch and just now starting to get into it. You're doing an awesome job! 

Aww, thank you! Believe me, it's worth embracing the crazy of the season. I have to get reeled in constantly ("no, we're not going to hire live carolers to sing off our porch"), but I hope to slowly acquire a wee Christmas village with a train over the next few years. Even at my Grinchiest, I always loved those wee villages.

I live Christmas! It's always been my favourite - especially the lights. I don't go too far out with decorations as I too could get carried away with things ( though they'd have to match). I'm so glad HH turned Christmas into a good thing for you. You deserve that! Sounds like you had a very productive day today! Great work on your challenges! You're doing awesome!!

I'm with you on matching; either colors or white with metallic. Last year, we did a nerd tree; I made light sabers, Disney Princesses, Boba Fett, Thor, Kirby, Batman, a stereotypical viking, and Moss from the IT Crowd out of perler beads; then added R2D2 lights to boot. The picture on my profile doesn't do the tree justice, but there are a couple that stand out.

Just checking in with you, Koaladle; you're doing great!  I like Christmas, too, but have recently moved in with a Grinch.  I won't sway his opinion but I hope to bring some fun into the season for him!

I can't believe tomorrow is the beginning of week three... ever onward!

Grinchitis can be reversed with gentle example. The problem for so many years was that it wasn't a happy or special time with my family, and then well-intentioned friends would try to force  the cheer. HH didn't mention much about Christmas, he just scrapped together some money and had it waiting. :-)

No kidding; I started a few days early, and I still can't believe it's week three. 

What an awesome story! I'm a bit of a grinch, but I always enjoy the togetherness of the holiday (though my family is always a drama crapshoot...)

Anyway, I stopped by to give you some gifpresents

tumblr_lqfbgfmaN61qdapaao1_500.gif   koala_zpsb6d14777.gif

1470_animals-eating-chewing-koala-winkin    giphy.gif

Drama crapshoot--what an apt and delightful description.

SO MANY GIFS! My all-time favorite is the wiggly ears koala. The first time I watched it, I cried from the cuteness. Please note that is disastrous as the only lady in a Single Sailor Center. XD

What a great story!  My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  Always have more fun and less pressure with family.  LOL  Enough bad dressing choices and now I pretty much only do olive oil and vinegar.  Okay a little blue cheese on a special occasion.  Last week I did not pack enough of my usual dressing and found out that dry salads are not so bad.  Not a favorite but better than the alternatives from our cafeteria.  

Oil and vinegar is definitely going to be the way I go from now on. It's an ever reliable dressing to pull everything together. I've had dry salads, and I'm not a fan; I need just a little dressing to get the lettuce chewed and swallowed.

• Like 3

First, congrats on surviving PFH ... I have tried everything and spent loads of $$ to try and make those few cycle days bearable (exercise, elimination diets, weird lady-cycle-based diets, gross-tasting chinese herbs, various supplements, birth-control pills, switching to organic everything-that-comes-near-my-body), so I feel your pain. Next step is actual surgery. The worst part is that I think most doctors don't really believe it's a problem, that it's normal for a person to be utterly debilitated for 2 days every month just because she's a woman. <<catches self, steps off feminist soapbox>> 

And second, you have the best Christmas story! I'm mostly a grinch but I love Christmas carols. Also cookies.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

First, congrats on surviving PFH ... I have tried everything and spent loads of $$ to try and make those few cycle days bearable (exercise, elimination diets, weird lady-cycle-based diets, gross-tasting chinese herbs, various supplements, birth-control pills, switching to organic everything-that-comes-near-my-body), so I feel your pain. Next step is actual surgery. The worst part is that I think most doctors don't really believe it's a problem, that it's normal for a person to be utterly debilitated for 2 days every month just because she's a woman. <<catches self, steps off feminist soapbox>> 

And second, you have the best Christmas story! I'm mostly a grinch but I love Christmas carols. Also cookies.

Keep up the good work!

Like I said, this was an unusual month. I'm nowhere near the point of needing medical attention, but I'm sure glad I don't have a job to miss. I've known a few ladies who needed surgery due to PFH, so I do take the tiniest bit of solace knowing that I'm not practically giving birth every month. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks. 

I like my story, too, HH's parents cried when we told them all about it, and then called the next day and said they "had the best Christmas ever! We've always wanted a daughter!" I love my in-laws. :-)

Wait, you forgot this!! <<chases and gives back feminist soapbox>> It's important!

Hope your day 16 is going well!

ImogeneKoala7.gif

UUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE THINGS?! 

Day 16 went great, and I will update in the morning. :-)

• Like 3

Just popping in to see what the hubs thought of the fort idea!

He thought the fort was a great idea, and the dog would approve. However, we were both concerned about the likelihood of getting trapped in a cave of dog gas. While tempting, it could prove miserable if Heimdall has gas.

• Like 1

He thought the fort was a great idea, and the dog would approve. However, we were both concerned about the likelihood of getting trapped in a cave of dog gas. While tempting, it could prove miserable if Heimdall has gas.

Sacrifices need to be made...

• Like 3

Permit only the front end of gas producing beings to reside inside the fort?

• Like 2

In the unlikely event that the fort was Hellhound approved, I was going to try and arrange it so that I could both leave one end open and blow a bit of air inside without upsetting everything.  Hellhound is a snuggle monster, and I can't stand being hot.  

It's not as nice as being fully enclosed, but it would lower your chances of dying to dog gas?

• Like 1

I'm thinking two ends would need to be open in ensure airflow through the tent, but I get cold easily; either I'm cold, or Heimdall's farts cause mass hysteria in the blanket fort.  DECISIONS.

• Like 1

Sacrifices need to be made...

The sacrifice would be me. I'm not going to make a fort and then die because Heimdall let loose a mighty wind.

Permit only the front end of gas producing beings to reside inside the fort?

Our bed is too high off the floor for that to be feasible--but you might be onto something. His belches, while heinous, are not as common.

I'm thinking two ends would need to be open in ensure airflow through the tent, but I get cold easily; either I'm cold, or Heimdall's farts cause mass hysteria in the blanket fort.  DECISIONS.

Snuggle under a blanket and let Heimdall lay next to you!  But make sure the gas producing end is pointing away, cause dog farts in the face are no bueno.

• Like 1