• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

You Encounter a Hippie Koaladle!

Good job on doing little things that get your closer to your ultimate goal. How old is Heimdall? I'm assuming his picture is the Christmas tree one on your profile page.

Enjoy your Saturday or what is left of it.

Heimdall is about two years old, we think. He was definitely in puppy mode when we got him. :-)

Oh, today. Today, while gratifying in an artsy fartsy way, was totally unproductive for grocery shopping, water consumption, or veggie eating. On one hand, I've only had two days of outright failure so far. Looking at the calendar, the other non-sticker days have been the horrible offenses of not drinking one more liter of water, or eating one veggie instead of two--the good work of changing habits.

So, reset button: I'm going to get to bed early, I'll have my water bottle filled up and waiting, and I'm going to get out the door. 

I'm GOING to get out the door. Pinky swear.

...and one does not simply disappoint Agnes.

promise.gif

• Like 3

So I woke up a little bit ago, and the only part of dreaming I can remember, was having a brownish colored koala on a leash and the only thing I could think of was "I need a selfie so I can put this on the forums" then I woke up and was all WTF?

• Like 4

So I woke up a little bit ago, and the only part of dreaming I can remember, was having a brownish colored koala on a leash and the only thing I could think of was "I need a selfie so I can put this on the forums" then I woke up and was all WTF?

wtf1.gif

• Like 1

Oh my god, that pic of the german shepard (?) in the bathroom... Makes me so appreciate my big dumb fluffball. I adore smart dogs, but they can be trouble when they get bored.

I've missed a few days of quests this week, too. And then I curse myself. Habit-changing is difficult work, but I have a feeling you're going to stick with it for the long haul and that's what matters. By the way, I think 2 liters of water is still pretty great, even if you're not technically meeting your goal.

Good luck this week! Get all the stickers!

• Like 1

Oh my god, that pic of the german shepard (?) in the bathroom... Makes me so appreciate my big dumb fluffball. I adore smart dogs, but they can be trouble when they get bored.

I've missed a few days of quests this week, too. And then I curse myself. Habit-changing is difficult work, but I have a feeling you're going to stick with it for the long haul and that's what matters. By the way, I think 2 liters of water is still pretty great, even if you're not technically meeting your goal.

Good luck this week! Get all the stickers!

I'm seeing major progress with my habits, which is more important than seeing change on the scale. I'm far more mindful of my eating and water consumption; while activity remains the hardest part of the challenge, I manage to get up and walk around now which is a surprisingly big step (harhar) for me. Right after I got out of the Navy, I would park my butt and not move the entire time HH was at work. Even if the weight takes a little longer to work off, I feel like a totally different person. I'll tell you what--there is NO WAY I'm going back to how things were. 

That was my look when I woke up. It was one of those "real" dreams where you felt like it was real.

I picked this particular GIF for the coffee. It suits. XD

• Like 3

I'm seeing major progress with my habits, which is more important than seeing change on the scale. I'm far more mindful of my eating and water consumption; while activity remains the hardest part of the challenge, I manage to get up and walk around now which is a surprisingly big step (harhar) for me. Right after I got out of the Navy, I would park my butt and not move the entire time HH was at work. Even if the weight takes a little longer to work off, I feel like a totally different person. I'll tell you what--there is NO WAY I'm going back to how things were.

Excellent work! Changing habits can be tough because it takes so much time and effort. But it's totally worth it!! Good on you for seeing the importance of habits and how they will help you long-term. Besides, you're also proving to yourself you can do it! Mind over matter :) it's definitely a thing ;)

So glad you're feeling the positive effects of this challenge regardless of what the scale says!! There is so much more to life and these challenges than just that number. Good for you for focusing on the life changing aspects. Plus, it takes more time than one thinks to see some changes. But keep working at it!! You're on the right track :D

• Like 2

Excellent work! Changing habits can be tough because it takes so much time and effort. But it's totally worth it!! Good on you for seeing the importance of habits and how they will help you long-term. Besides, you're also proving to yourself you can do it! Mind over matter :) it's definitely a thing ;)

So glad you're feeling the positive effects of this challenge regardless of what the scale says!! There is so much more to life and these challenges than just that number. Good for you for focusing on the life changing aspects. Plus, it takes more time than one thinks to see some changes. But keep working at it!! You're on the right track :D

What she said! I find it can take longer than 6 weeks to make lasting changes that are life long at times.  You are off to such a great start and I have no doubt you are correct that you will not go back to how things were.  Scale has been slow for me too but I will take how I feel over that number.  It may not have moved as much but I am dropping pant sizes and other measurements have shown improvements.  I think your focus is spot on and no worries you will continue to rock it.  

• Like 2

159777833cbafb8519923cb42aa654ba.jpg

Unfortunately, I will have to wear pants tomorrow. Koalas are marsupials, not bears, and koalas hosting a dinner need to be modest marsupials. OR ELSE.

nelix_zpspvcvvl33.png

I'll be waking up early tomorrow to see how the homemade ice cream turned out, and then start the process of baking all the things! Once that's underway, it's time to clean the apartment with the help of the Handsome Husband. 

The last three days have gone well! I'm getting all of my quests done, Heimdall's vomit didn't ruin our mattress (but it got us worried) and my little brother sent me a book that I've been devouring called The Happiest People in the World. Between reading and chores, I haven't had much time to write those glorious updates like I was a week ago. I hope that after the holiday things will slow down (hahahahahahahahahhahaha not likely) and I can get back to the lengthy descriptions of my lunch.

For those of your enjoying a holiday tomorrow, happy Thanksgiving! If you already had Thanksgiving or didn't have a holiday tomorrow to begin with,  happy Thursday. :-)

• Like 3

omg I love homemade ice cream :D :D :D

I'm about to make green bean casserole then take it over to my sister's, myself. Have a good holiday!! :)

(I hope Heimdall is ok!)

• Like 1

I hope our Koaladle friend did not get lost...

tumblr_l45ze5Rksa1qz86d0o1_1280.jpg

You learn so much doing google searches.  Found out there is such a thing as Golden Koala Poo earrings.

tvkpuv_zps4d9c567f.jpg

UPDATE!

So this is me the last few days:

woody_ride.jpg

It's like I'm holding onto the challenge for dear life, but also hiding in the shadowy underbelly because the last few days have not been the most productive. My schedule got thrown off due to Thanksgiving, and stayed off while I alternated between sleeping 12 hours a day to getting ready for Christmas. I have been totally zapped of energy; after cooking and cleaning for the holiday, we spent nine hours the next day at a car dealership for a trade-in deal, stayed up absurdly late the last three nights, which leads me to now. It has been dreary weather and no amount of coffee or walking has been able to wake me up, let alone focus on the challenges.

But all is not lost! I'm at least totally aware that I'm not drinking my water, working out, or consistently my veggies and I'm feeling guilty about it. However, I also understand my natural urge to hermit and perhaps next challenge I can add in Daily Grump Combat. As many fallen Nerds have said before me, "if it's not hard it's not a challenge."

Sigh.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13755-1363372638-4.

I start over again tomorrow; I know that I CAN drink three liters of water, eat two veggies, and have a productive workout all in one day. In fact, I can do all those things while getting the laundry done, cooking lunch and dinner, washing the dishes, walking the dog, and still having time for puppy cuddles and a nap. It looks like the current week is going more of a struggle against Traitor Brain and gloomy weather and grumps than anything else. 

For tomorrow, I'll call it a double sticker day if I manage to complete everything by the time lunch is over.

• Like 6

You got this!  I've had plenty of "those" days and weeks (this challenge included).  Reflection and continued dedication is a sign of true progress!  

• Like 1

200_s.gif

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this...

OH MY GOODNESS. TOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!

You got this!  I've had plenty of "those" days and weeks (this challenge included).  Reflection and continued dedication is a sign of true progress!  

That right there is my eucalyptus tree.

• Like 1

You still got this. One rough weekend can't throw 6 weeks of hard work out unless you let it. Don't give in to the grumps! You've said before how much better you feel after the workout. Maybe doing all these 3 challenges of yours today will be what you need to bring you back round. Stay positive! We are all tuned in to your awesome ;)

• Like 2

This happens to most everyone.  What matters is you learn from it and pick yourself back up from being off schedule and get back to it!  Glad to have the update.  :)

• Like 2

Struggles are part of it.  The times I have had big fails have been some of the most memorable events.  Maybe not everyone struggles but I can not think of one person that has not had an off week.  I am sure they exist but I do not know them.

• Like 2