• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

You Encounter a Hippie Koaladle!

OK, this response it hilarious... especially after answering your message.

upset-kermit-muppet.gif

Koaladle asks insanity about NerdFitness Camp, and reacts thusly:

This is applicable to almost every day of my life. Ballroom scene in "Cinderella"? GIF. Husband comes home? GIF. NF notification? GIFGIFGIF. 

Get to write an UPDATE with good news?

GIF.

upset-kermit-muppet.gif

"MAKE THE ELEVATOR COME A LITTLE FASTER" sang P!nk; while she was escaping a one night stand, I settled into pillows next to my poor, drugged up pup. I spent a couple of hours this morning coming up with the ultimate master plan to set my day up for success. I'd just had one of those days where you could stumble into a herd of zombies and they would accept you as one of their own--granted, in that metaphor it's a good thing. For my quest it was quite the opposite.

Around 11, I walked over to the fridge to figure out what I had on hand to cook for dinner.

Surprisingly accurate.

day-15-001.jpg?w=225

Not much.

We had an absurd amount of vodka and brennivin, a loaf of San Francisco sourdough, a chicken, and coffee in the freezer; the fridge contained condiments for food we hardly eat, a box of heritage seeds, leftover rice, and eggs. I voiced my foodly concerns to HH, and convinced him to work from home for the rest of the day so I could get out of the house and take care of business. I had to run other errands and needed to plan the week's fooding as if I would be caring for Heimdall non-stop, so I didn't walk to and from the store this time (I had a measure of relief about that, I'll admit--but it is really silly to drive when it's faster to walk). I followed the plan for the most part, but was in a great mood and let the happies replace reason, which lead to the purchase Mystery Produce. I've never seen it before today, but there's a fruit called a polmelo (not be confused with the insect) that made it into the cart. I don't have a smart phone, so I literally had (and have, actually) no idea what came home with me. I also got a pumpkin (for pie? Why did I buy this tiny pumpkin?) and a butternut squash. No recipes, just a bizarre urge to buy the all the things and figure out what to do with it later. I can see an good attitude change to food already though: instead of buying the Discounted Holiday Confections, I managed to make it through the bargain aisle, the bakery, and the deli without putting junk food in the cart. I used the Junk Budget on Mystery Produce.

I'm as proud as I am puzzled.

It is bigger than my head.

pomelograpefruit-Challenge.jpg

I made it home put everything away, and started gearing up for the gym without procrastination (?!). 

"..a pinecone dipped in glitter glue..." crooned Carbon Leaf as I strolled up the path where I saw a guy in the gym... oh crap, feeling the urge to bolt... "I can't help feeling you'll run away/ on any given day" 

Did I just get called out by my playlist? I think I did.

To my relief, the Nefarious Neighbor vacated the gym after a few minutes. I got all warmed up, and started the ever-dreaded Leg Day. Or, at least, thought that I'd started Leg Day. I definitely tried. What was supposed to be 4 sets of 20 dumbbell squarts (the typo stays) was 4 sets of 10 bodyweight squats. I had my form on point, but my lower body was losing it like I'd skinny-dipped into Dip.

The eyes are particularly relatable.

Fzq0p8K.gif

The lunges were even worse; I maxed out at six per side, total. As soon as I bent a knee, my knees shook. Seriously, legs? That's all you've got? After all this mess, I still had wall sits. I timed from "all the small things" to the end of the first set of  "nana"s before I collapsed. Folks, that is a whopping 45 seconds. My second attempt landed me at 15 seconds. However, I still had walking to do; in what I could only describe as a hobble, I left the wall and clambered onto the treadmill. 

"...you'll never find true happiness/ whatcha gonna do? Cry about it?" taunted Weird Al, predicting Taurus' horoscope. (Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least a bit unlikely that the relative position of the planets and the stars could have a special deep significance or meaning that exclusively applies to you and only you but let me give you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions are all based on solid, scientific, documented evidence, so you would have to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single one of them is absolutely true--)

Where was I? Treadmill.

My legs were like jello and I was about to call it quits when one of my favorites tracks from the "Office Space" album came on. I love this particular song--I listened to it (and sang very quietly in case of interruption) for the remaining ten minutes, sprayed down the treadmill, and walked home with borrowed swagger.

I drank my water,

I ate my veggies,

I attempted movements involving my legs.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Seems like you're off to a good start, Koaladle!!

Pomelos are a great fruit! <3 I miss them a lot haha. Good luck on your challenge! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

• Like 1

This sounds like an amazing challenge, Goodluck with the 6 week challenge i am looking forward to reading about your progress

Thank you! That's a two way sentiment. :-)

Seems like you're off to a good start, Koaladle!!

Pomelos are a great fruit! <3 I miss them a lot haha. Good luck on your challenge! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

OH GOOD. It's sits on my counter and challenges my gaze. I almost want to draw a happy face so it's less intimidating. It will be short lived, though, as it is on the menu for lunch today.

• Like 1

I love that you have carbon leaf on your playlist.  They aren't well known, but such a fabulous band.  Plus Weird Al, I'd love to see what else is on your play list. 

Pomelo's huh, I'm curious to see what you are going to do with that. :)

• Like 1

Because I am made of cuddly marshmallows, I actually teared up that I inspired you. I send you hugs! PLEASE TAKE MY HUGS! I agree that this six weeks is going to be awesome. :D I am pumped! So pumped! I am "purchased Mystery Produce at the grocery store" pumped! FRAGMENTED SENTENCES PUMPED!

HH is very used to this moniker and has a good sense of humor; contrary to your wish, I hope we DO meet (camp? I wanna do camp. Let's do camp!) so I can see that go down. No matter who you are, he'll probably hold your hand and drag you along for skipping. 

POMELO PUMPED!!!

Camp sounds awesome, but also sounds very located in the US. As soon as I come up with a get-rich-quick scheme, though, I'll meet you there.

• Like 1

Did you decide what to do with the tiny pumpkin yet? I humbly suggest pumpkin soup!! I can't find my recipe but I remember it had lots of cumin. (Yes I still maintain that I hate cooking and chopping up things like pumpkins - but I love finding recipes and getting my long-suffering husband to cook them)

Also I think I am in love with Heimdall - hope he's feeling better today. We had a dog named Loki at one time - he lived up to his name for sure.

• Like 1

I love that you have carbon leaf on your playlist.  They aren't well known, but such a fabulous band.  Plus Weird Al, I'd love to see what else is on your play list. 

Pomelo's huh, I'm curious to see what you are going to do with that. :)

Ben and I claimed three songs during our courtship: "Life Less Ordinary" by Carbon Leaf; "Not With Haste" by Mumford & Sons; and "It Only Took a Kiss" by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. BBVD was our first dance at our second wedding (which was '40s themed). "Life Less Ordinary" however, is like almost like a guideline to our relationship. :-)

POMELO PUMPED!!!

Camp sounds awesome, but also sounds very located in the US. As soon as I come up with a get-rich-quick scheme, though, I'll meet you there.

You have officially coined a catchphrase that I will use in only the most pumped of moods. Please stop being so clever; considering the rapid-fire frequency of phrases like this and "Traitor Brain lives in the vague" I'm going to stop making up my own dialogue entirely. 

Did you decide what to do with the tiny pumpkin yet? I humbly suggest pumpkin soup!! I can't find my recipe but I remember it had lots of cumin. (Yes I still maintain that I hate cooking and chopping up things like pumpkins - but I love finding recipes and getting my long-suffering husband to cook them)

Also I think I am in love with Heimdall - hope he's feeling better today. We had a dog named Loki at one time - he lived up to his name for sure.

I had a lovely, unexpected, four hour long Skype call with two of my best friends (both of whom are in currently in London). They suggested soups made from my various cucurbidas. I would love your soup recipe!

He's doing mostly okay. He still needs pills and his need to pee constantly (side effect of meds) makes it challenging to commit to a task. The aforementioned Skype call was very politely interrupted by stares and a little whine. :-)

A Life Less Ordinary and Grey Sky Eyes are probably two of my favorite songs by them.  I wish they would travel to the West Coast more often, last time it was only in San Francisco on a weekday. :(  I know they are based in Virginia, but they need to share their awesomeness here too.  I love that you had a 40's themed wedding, did you guys freestyle the first dance or do something choreographed?

4 hours long, how often did Heimdall interrupt you guys?  Side effects definitely suck, poor guy.

Did your friends have any recipe suggestions for you?

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Heimdall and his mosquito bites! My dog has a terrible time with insect bites lately, its really tough for her..Poor dogs, its not a good time of year for them I guess..

But Winter is coming ;) Keep up the good work!!

Whether it's the pee from his nemesis, the terrier that pees in front of our porch while staring at an increasingly distressed Heimdall, or a jogger across the street or kids on bikes orpeopleorOHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESSATREEATREEATREEIHAVETOSNIFFIHAVETOPEEIHAVENOMOREPEEIHAVEOTSNIFF, Heimdall has a knack of getting right under my feet, getting his legs tangled in the leash, and darting around to sniff all the sniffs.

This really made me laugh btw ^^

• Like 1

Your thread moves way too fast for me to keep up, but I was reading asking earlier and got to the part about your husband's obuto cockpit. Let me just say--my husband has one too. Believe it or not, he made the super tough decision to store it in the basement when our little Elfkin came along.

I wanted to warn you, though, the desk is so comfy and conducive to gaming that his butt might take root. Encourage him to get up at LEAST every two hours to avoid the very real risk of DVT. My hubby had one and was stuck doing lovenox injections twice daily and then taking warfarin on top of it. Thankfully he's in the clear but it was scary, and totally preventable.

• Like 1

I think my recipe truly is lost, but it was pretty similar to this one (you can adjust the spices to your taste, or add heavy cream to make it more like a bisque):

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Curry-Pumpkin-Soup-25765395

A friend gave us a bunch of garden pumpkins one year and we made pumpkin beer, pumpkin soup, and pumpkin pie - that was the limit of my creativity though!

• Like 1

Actually, scratch that. I'll tell you the important stuff, let go because it's just a post, and I'll write a new one tomorrow. In notepad. And save every two minutes. And hopefully it's cloudy tomorrow so I can back up a separate copy yonder.

Lessons learned.

I ate the veggies in abundance, hitting the goal twice over. 

I drank lots of water, and it will done by the time HH and I actually sleep.

I did lots of walking (45 minutes) due to the schedule I'm using assigning a "rest day" for weights, yet also wanting to do the hour of activities (extra 15 min comes from doing chores). My walk turned into Cardioke, and it was described with "Uptown Funking my stride", "flarping my arms" and "sessy faces at myself". 

GIFs included Monty Python, Backstreet Boys, and Techno Viking.

monsupee, I even brought a pen to the gym, wrote down the songs that popped up on shuffle, and seamlessly included the song titles in the Lost Masterpiece for your reading pleasure.

Sigh. Off to bed with me.

• Like 5

Ok, let me just say: Holy shit! I'm too inspired by too many things in this thread to really be able to comment on them all. Instead I'm just gonna to go do some crunches before bed, and prepare for the awesomesauce that is going to be these 6 weeks.

(Ps. In my head, you're husbands full name is Handsome Husband. I hope I never meet him, or that might turn out slightly awkward. Ds.)

I second this!!!

And am getting jealous of your literary prowess and Vast updates!!!

• Like 1

He needed me in a few minutes, so my plan of at least walking to the gym was thrashed

I know what you mean all to well - getting plans Thrashed!

Whether my spouse need me in a few minuets or not I OFTEN feel this way and have a hard time getting in to 'projects'. So many times I have started then Find out I was 'needed in a few minutes' so I am hesitant to get into a project--- like P90X

Have you every tried to follow along with Tony Horton while discussing the cosmic problems of the household.

tony-horton-700_1.jpg

Do this while getting a two year old to eat ANY food

P.S. I am still jealous of your amazing 'Forum posting' skills- I recommend a +1 to charisma (you may base it on the frequency of post though out your challenge)

P.S.S- you inspired me to got a picture :)

• Like 4

Actually, scratch that. I'll tell you the important stuff, let go because it's just a post, and I'll write a new one tomorrow. In notepad. And save every two minutes. And hopefully it's cloudy tomorrow so I can back up a separate copy yonder.

Lessons learned.

I ate the veggies in abundance, hitting the goal twice over. 

I drank lots of water, and it will done by the time HH and I actually sleep.

I did lots of walking (45 minutes) due to the schedule I'm using assigning a "rest day" for weights, yet also wanting to do the hour of activities (extra 15 min comes from doing chores). My walk turned into Cardioke, and it was described with "Uptown Funking my stride", "flarping my arms" and "sessy faces at myself". 

GIFs included Monty Python, Backstreet Boys, and Techno Viking.

monsupee, I even brought a pen to the gym, wrote down the songs that popped up on shuffle, and seamlessly included the song titles in the Lost Masterpiece for your reading pleasure.

Sigh. Off to bed with me.

Congrats for not letting the 'Deletion God of the Internet'  Sap your resolve +1 to Fortitude!

• Like 3