• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

You Encounter a Hippie Koaladle!

A Life Less Ordinary and Grey Sky Eyes are probably two of my favorite songs by them.  I wish they would travel to the West Coast more often, last time it was only in San Francisco on a weekday. :(  I know they are based in Virginia, but they need to share their awesomeness here too.  I love that you had a 40's themed wedding, did you guys freestyle the first dance or do something choreographed?

4 hours long, how often did Heimdall interrupt you guys?  Side effects definitely suck, poor guy.

Did your friends have any recipe suggestions for you?

"Life Less Ordinary" is like the theme song for our relationship. 

Our dance was an improvised debacle. Because HH's knee gave out during pictures, we combined the mother/son and grandpa/grandbaby dances into our first dance to save time (we got a lot of compliments on this idea because it was just the three minutes of watching people dance instead of 15 or more; as a frequent guest of weddings, I can see their point, but if you're planning your wedding and want an hour of those dances IT'S YOUR DAY, DO WHAT YOU WANT /rant). We partnered up with our loved ones for the first verse, and were handed off to each other at the start of the second. HH started humming along, which lead to both of us singing. I didn't know how much  pain he was in at the time, but he started singing to give me a romantic wedding memory despite Gaston/Jafar/Scar-level ugly drama leading up to our nuptials--if he hadn't distracted himself from the pain in his knee, he would have had to call it quits. By jove, he wasn't going to let me down on Ultimate Princess Day.

So, you know, he's the love of my life. :-) Soooooo much more information than you were expecting.

Two interruptions and a visit right after I hung up, I think. 

Sorry to hear about Heimdall and his mosquito bites! My dog has a terrible time with insect bites lately, its really tough for her..Poor dogs, its not a good time of year for them I guess..

But Winter is coming ;) Keep up the good work!!

This really made me laugh btw ^^

He looks all healed up, but we're keeping him on one more day of meds just in case. HH has Dog Duty tomorrow, and we'll re-evaluate before leaving the pup alone for Date Night.

Your thread moves way too fast for me to keep up

I wanted to warn you, though, the desk is so comfy and conducive to gaming that his butt might take root. Encourage him to get up at LEAST every two hours to avoid the very real risk of DVT. My hubby had one and was stuck doing lovenox injections twice daily and then taking warfarin on top of it. Thankfully he's in the clear but it was scary, and totally preventable.

That's good in a lot of ways! I have a lot of support, and you spend your hours on Elfkin love time! If you want, I can update in your thread so you don't have to dig, OR stalkage can be one way. I have a lot of free time, and I don't expect everyone to be able to reciprocate with comments on everything I write. Let me know your preference! There's no offense here whatsoever. <3

Also, please give Elfkin extra kisses because Elfkin.

THANK YOU for bringing that to my attention! I have informed HH that he must get up every two hours to give me kisses, for he shows his love with affection and by taking care of his  circulatory system. Congratulations, dear, you have literally made a positive difference in our lives, for we are armed with knowledge!

I think my recipe truly is lost, but it was pretty similar to this one (you can adjust the spices to your taste, or add heavy cream to make it more like a bisque):

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Curry-Pumpkin-Soup-25765395

A friend gave us a bunch of garden pumpkins one year and we made pumpkin beer, pumpkin soup, and pumpkin pie - that was the limit of my creativity though!

The HH loves curry, so this is going to be a thing this week, plus I have heavy cream on hand. I was going to make homemade frosting, but then I discovered NF. I was wondering what I could do with it! :D

I know what you mean all to well - getting plans Thrashed!

Whether my spouse need me in a few minuets or not I OFTEN feel this way and have a hard time getting in to 'projects'. So many times I have started then Find out I was 'needed in a few minutes' so I am hesitant to get into a project--- like P90X

Have you every tried to follow along with Tony Horton while discussing the cosmic problems of the household.

tony-horton-700_1.jpg

Do this while getting a two year old to eat ANY food

P.S. I am still jealous of your amazing 'Forum posting' skills- I recommend a +1 to charisma (you may base it on the frequency of post though out your challenge)

P.S.S- you inspired me to got a picture :)

You also support enough people for a first string basketball team! I must remind you again, I have only my furbaby and HH. 

Oh my goodness, his face--he looks like the grown up version of Success Kid. :D

My forum posting skills are the product of reading Cracked.com. If that's something you want to emulate, read it and absorb the template. Often, I'll just write, add a picture at the first break, and then stick with a general theme based on whatever Nerdy reference came to mind. I spend about three hours in agonized editing, and post the end product right before collapsing.

I will take your points into consideration! Let me know at the end of the challenge if you still think it should be added. Not that I think I'm going to quit, but I really should complete the six weeks before getting any of my points. I gotta keep working for it!

IDEA! awesomesue does a workout and includes her kiddo! Maybe inclusion is the key to doing the activity you want without having to stop! :D Is your Lady Love interested in joining your efforts?

last post- sorry for being - That guy (that comments on all face book post at once when they are over a year old)

But Da** you are going strong and wonderful to fallow.

"CURSE YOU AND YOUR TWO DAY OLD INPUT! UGH, I HATE GETTING ENCOURAGEMENT," screamed no Koaladle, ever. I never understood why people got uptight about folks commenting on old content. What an insult for someone to find you interesting enough to lose track of time looking at your life! Granted, if someone's posting gross comments or providing uncomfortable input, that just falls under the Unwanted Attention category, but how long ago it was is irrelevant.

95591580-cc48-0132-9a92-0e01949ad350.gif

...in my opinion.

• Like 6

It broke my internet, this network sucks anyhow.... but at least I know where to find him... :-D

My message broke your internet? Are you using dial-up? :D

(Seriously, sorry I broke your internet. That is among the meanest of things.)

My message broke your internet? Are you using dial-up? :D

(Seriously, sorry I broke your internet. That is among the meanest of things.)

Work network and it's lunch time, so everyone is one right now. May as well be dial-up...

• Like 1

SO MUCH THREAD BUT I AM CAUGHT UP. You are hillarmazing and whichever guild you choose to go to I shall try to stalk you :D

ALSO I too went to camp

pmixb0muaq8z4jdxam3j.gif

YOU WENT TO CAMP? UUGHGHGGHRJAGTHRUEIP TNHREOUNPYHTREUOP HTURO PMHTE IPTHOIEPMTOI EPWTREMWTIO EPWM\UVTIOE[WQUTOI[EUTIOE[,TIO E[QUMTIO[ER 

I need to start dinner, so suffice to say:

GIFGIFGIFIGFIGFIGFIGFIGIGGIGGHIRFDSGJFIDOGHDSFOGH FDSUIPTG NHREUIHNREUOPAHREUPTNEWUPOIAHNPUOIEAHGJHHEJEIW'[HJGEWP'IJE0IPGAENIPTGB4EOI[W T4OI[ETHOIWT VHEWORIAPTEOAPMASHMAHSMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHTHEKEYBOARDWITHTHEJEALOUS

But good news! I mentioned Camp and HH has agreed to discuss it later--something about it being late and work the next day...

ALSO! I'm looking at the Scouts primarily, especially since I now have shown unexpected promise at running. In my (ideal) natural habitat, I transport myself without the use of a personal vehicle, except in the case of snow or mosquitos. I used to have a living situation that was very biking friendly, and has only recently become an option again; I didn't have a car until I was 24 and a license to drive was my 25 birthday present to myself (and HH, who was le tired of driving me across town to work, but was the one who wanted to move over there so meh).

Next challenge, I'll probably be posting all over the place like I am now, so hopefully it's not too much of a search to find me.

• Like 1

YOU WENT TO CAMP? UUGHGHGGHRJAGTHRUEIP TNHREOUNPYHTREUOP HTURO PMHTE IPTHOIEPMTOI EPWTREMWTIO EPWM\UVTIOE[WQUTOI[EUTIOE[,TIO E[QUMTIO[ER 

I need to start dinner, so suffice to say:

GIFGIFGIFIGFIGFIGFIGFIGIGGIGGHIRFDSGJFIDOGHDSFOGH FDSUIPTG NHREUIHNREUOPAHREUPTNEWUPOIAHNPUOIEAHGJHHEJEIW'[HJGEWP'IJE0IPGAENIPTGB4EOI[W T4OI[ETHOIWT VHEWORIAPTEOAPMASHMAHSMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHMASHTHEKEYBOARDWITHTHEJEALOUS

But good news! I mentioned Camp and HH has agreed to discuss it later--something about it being late and work the next day...

ALSO! I'm looking at the Scouts primarily, especially since I now have shown unexpected promise at running. In my (ideal) natural habitat, I transport myself without the use of a personal vehicle, except in the case of snow or mosquitos. I used to have a living situation that was very biking friendly, and has only recently become an option again; I didn't have a car until I was 24 and a license to drive was my 25 birthday present to myself (and HH, who was le tired of driving me across town to work, but was the one who wanted to move over there so meh).

Next challenge, I'll probably be posting all over the place like I am now, so hopefully it's not too much of a search to find me.

You knooowww there are plenty of us assassins that run too and your general sparkly personality I think would fit in well there =P

Just saying! You should go wherever your heart desires though!

I like to run as it helps me get faster from place to place to get to do weird assassin stuff like hanging off things etc. (I also just like the outdoors too though. YAAAY NATURE! ALL THE HIKINGS AND RUNNINGS!)

Your general sparkly personalil

• Like 1

In my younger days, I was totally an assassin but I'm old and grumpy now. The jumping? Hanging? WHIPPERSNAPPERS. 

I have this crazy dream of doing a race at a Disney park (my super besties are doing one next spring) which right now would be a disaster, but by the time the new dates come out I could do that! Once I get the first race under my belt, I'll start working on a triathlon for People Who Like Sofas. Many of my personal goals for fitness fall more under the scouts (and a wee bit of warrior for those abs, Jiminey Cricket)  than you crazy gosh darn park-horse kids on my lawn. :-)

Thank you for the invite, though! Even the Grumpy Grams like to get invited to parties.

• Like 1

Back from yesterday's debacle, the Koaladle with an

UPDATE!

Today was my lazy day, for it is the beginning of our weekend.

Normally, I try to have a baseline of chores done every day,  but by the time HH came home for lunch, all I'd done was eat breakfast (a challenge with monsupee), drink coffee, yap on the phone, and make lunch. He finished up some leftovers, but my lunch alone hit my vegetation quota. Between my taco bowl and a side of caprese (diced), I already was on track to get my quests done. I lurked around NF after he left, cuddled up with Heimdall, and took a nap.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I woke up just in time to throw dinner together--different leftovers and a salad for HH, with side snacks of fancy cheese, sausage, and wine; and a salad for me. I had a couple of nibbles of the gouda and sopressatta, but was shockingly grossed out by the nebulae of fat globules in the sopressatta. I had the tiniest amount of wine at dinner, just a wine tasting amount really, and somehow got tipsy off it. When dating the Bearded One, we went beer for beer and shot for shot all night with little to no issue, so getting tipsy off such a small amount of alcohol is oddly disappointing. 

St. Archer, the other patron saint of sailors

e0f93a9306991c7ed2ee67f2cbbd95e6b4323521

With dinner over, my evening routine began! Dishes and food got taken care of, dog was fed, I put on my socks and DIDN'T HAVE A CLEAN SPORTS BRA. Traitor Brain (1), seeing the opportunity burst out of the Valley of the Vauge to taunt me into submission. "Now that is just disgusting. How could you possibly wear that sweaty thing? You should really just stay home and savor the sweet, succulant holiday chocolates. It's ov..." On went the ick, and now onto the next step: fill up the Camelbak.

The dauntless Traitor Brain, knowing my discomfort in re-wearing gym clothes, was not to be dissuaed by my weakening motivation. "Isn't it dangerous to work out after you've been drinking? Wait at least 24 hours. You're just going to hurt yourself, stay home!" I had to give TB that; I needed to wait until the wee buzz was gone (the whole, whopping five minutes) before going out was even going to happen. Sensing the momentum, Traitor Brain attacked the Mystery Produce ("you're never going to eat that; what a waste of money"), drinking 3 liters everyday ("you got up how many times last night?"), and how late it had already gotten ("cuddle Heimdall! Wasn't the nap today lovely?"). The seductive inner dialogue hit a nerve when I thought about what the strength training assignment was for the day. Traitor Brain whispered "if you don't check what the exercises are, you don't know what you don't know. You can go to the gym, not know what to do, and SKIP IT and it's not even a lie..." THAT'S IT. With the rage of ancestral Koaladles, I banished Traitor brain to the Abyss of doubt, and I looked up what I didn't know how to do, even though the new-ound knowledge brought the Dread of the Weak.

I finally got out the door and was embraced by the reak of the sprinkler system. The potable water used on the lawns could give flatulence nightmares; as I rounded the corner, three things hit me: the smell, the spray, and a cobweb. Climbing up on my shuddering disgust, Traitor Brain, who hates spiders as much as work, screamed to GO HOME, and so I turned right around and headed back.

nope_o_749313.jpg

...and took the long way to the gym. Traitor Brain, now the betrayed, vowed to torment my workout. I did my 15 minute warmup on the treadmill (singing "Amsterdam" by Guster; "How Your Love Makes Me Feel" by Diamond Rio are two I can remember), and headed to the weight rack. Crap crap crap crap crap, I forgot the routine at home! Traitor Brain cackled. Knowing that going back would give Traitor Brain leverage to keep me home, I attempted the few things I could remember. Like Leg Day, today gauged how much progress I was going to make just to finish the sets. Fifteen minutes later, Traitor Brain got a win--I was convinced I wouldn't make my time goal. I left the gym and headed to the bathroom to splash my face and get it together. As I left, I looked at the exit to the building and the entrance to the gym, and went back for more.

Fine: the weights didn't go well. As I remember, it was hard even when I was in good shape, so it's just a matter of improving gradually. Whew. Pep talk. I can do it. I think. Crap.

​I have trouble embracing the tortoise.

zfhcsBZ.jpg

My legs are pretty sore from all the walking I'd been doing over the last week, so I opted for a ride on the bike this time around. Literally 2 minutes in, my legs were burning and my butt was protesting the 

seat of the machine. I adjusted my rump to be more comfortable and kept going. When I made it to five minutes, I extended my goal to seven; from seven to fifteen; and by that point I was satified to give in

and go home.

"Oh, happy day!" 

THIS IS MY JAM.

sister-act-gif.gif

HOMIGASH, I forgot about THIS song! The version I have is from the "Sister Act 2" soundtrack, and it gives me goosebumps every time. Forgetting about the sore legs, the uncomfortable butt, and the stiff

back, I pedaled my way through the next four minutes with ease. And I played it again, and again and before I knew it the mischief was managed. Don't be a sore loser, Traitor Brain. 

Let's go home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quest 1: Complete

Quest 2: Complete

Quest 3: Complete

Side Quest to eat breakfast: Complete

Side Quest to workout in a gym: Complete

Arthur Boorman didn't why should I?

670df34bb1fd5653eb3f1644b32a76884cad3ffd

IMPORTANT!

(1) Traitor Brain is the most apt description of a negative inner dialogue I've ever heard. I got it from Valere, who is a wonderful writer and also new to NF. The updates are fabulously written; I am pomelo pumped to read them AND YOU BE SHOULD, TOO! Valere came up with pomelo pumped as well, by the way. 

• Like 7

It takes real strength of character to go up against Traitor Brain when it's sunk its teeth that deep into something. Well done.

History will long revere your courage and sacrifice. You have etched in the rock of virtue, a legacy beyond compare...

tumblr_mir2x4DgF21qdsmqso1_500.gif

• Like 3

It takes real strength of character to go up against Traitor Brain when it's sunk its teeth that deep into something. Well done.

History will long revere your courage and sacrifice. You have etched in the rock of virtue, a legacy beyond compare...

tumblr_mir2x4DgF21qdsmqso1_500.gif

If English is your second language, let me just leave this here:

tumblr_ml9okjMs521snmsc7o1_250.gif

If it is first language, let me leave this here:

tumblr_ml9okjMs521snmsc7o1_250.gif

Please write a book. You do the thing with the words and it's a glorious thing to behold.

Epic day for you!  Keep that momentum going and down with TB.  

goldstar.gif

DOWN WITH TUBERCULOSIS! AND TRAITOR BRAIN!

:D

• Like 3

Alas, I can take no credit for that particular masterpiece... ;)

(ETA: I just assumed that since I've seen Wreck-It Ralph an embarrassing amount of times, then surely everyone else must have done the same. ;P )

• Like 2

You may have to rectify that and become more of an expert since it's worth the watch.

Diamond Rio, How your love is one of my favorite songs by them and one of my favorite line dances, how can you be sad when that's one, you can't.  I'm enjoying your musical tastes so far, so varied and wide-ranging. 

Yeah for breakfast and double woots for being sneaky and getting around your traitor brain.  Some day's that's the biggest challenge!

Valere, I'm not sure I've seen it as often as you have, but it's up there for me. : D

• Like 1

You're an AMAZON?? I LOVE it. 

I can not get over how much I love it actually :)

I was looking through the classes and really unhappy about the idea of any that might possibly fit a more-than-average height (so no dwarves/gnomes) overweight (no elves...) woman. 

Orc? ewwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh run away

Thanks for all the advice! I haven't read anything else yet...but I will :)

And the Koala came from my android phone! It isn't on this platform...I have the same options for emojis on the phone as I would for whatsapp

• Like 1

Hello Koaladle!

Welcome to the Rebellion. Great goals! Super excited to see where this challenge takes you, especially in regards to your long-term goal.

You've got this!

• Like 1