• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

You Encounter a Hippie Koaladle!

I just looked up and realized that my house is in need of a cleaning. It's not dumpalicious, but I have a lot of laundry to do, dishes that need to be put away, meals to make (important because leftovers ensure I don't have to cook every night ever, making things easier in the long run), and our closet still hasn't recovered from the Great Cockpit Debacle from weeks ago when HH got the desk. My day will officially be all about domestic rangering, so my physical challenge will only be considered a success if HH comments on how much work I did. It may sound weird, but he notices immediately when I've done something with the apartment. 

Bonus points if I manage to put together the Metal Platform Bed 2000! Our old frame was hippie friendly and made of wood, and it snapped recently. Anyway, Metal Platform Bed 2000! is here to stay.

(I hope)

• Like 3

YEAH! When the challenge gets tough, then you really notice how awesome you can be! You just have to take it as an extra motivation, because we all know you're gonna do great in the last weeks of the challenge! As you know I've been through tough times during this challenge as well, we can do this!!

How did you manage your day yesterday?

• Like 2

The old platform broke?  Not gonna ask but I bet it was a result of something like this...

9781742752242.jpg

Sorry I could not find anything of a koala bouncing on a bed having fun.  Secretly I have done this with kiddo every once in a great while.

So how did domesticating go?

• Like 2

Hey, Koaladle!  I've been off-line for a while, but I wanted to check in to see how you're doing!  Thanksgiving WEEK was a major fail for me, but I've come back strong!  YAY, RESPAWN!!

I moved in with my sweetie-pie-guy back in August and as I sit here I see an ENTIRE WALL covered in stacks of boxes, full of things waiting for a final home.  So much for my domestic arts.  But I'm still determined.

One box at a time, one meal at a time, one pound at a time, one workout at a time.  Then this time next year all we'll be able to say is, "Wow". 

• Like 1

Thanksgiving was yesterday, right? And I'm not losing my mind because I have no idea how three weeks went by so quickly? And I'm not actually approaching the end of the challenge with three sticker days in December? I have literally never had a flurry of holiday chaos in my life, so this month has hit me like a heavyweight. The challenge, which had been going so outrageously well, was knocked out by the dreaded Change of Schedule. Over night, my living room became an Amazon warehouse and despite valiant efforts is once again a horror show of clutter. Add on sleepless nights, sickness, and dog puke, and you have the absurdity that has been December.

I can proudly say, however, that not all progress has gone to the fire swamp.

princessbride.jpg

It's become almost like habit to be drinking water during the day, my walks with Heimdall managed to get a little longer, and now that we have veggies in the house again, we are eating them with dinner at least. Am I managing all of these habit changes at once? Sometimes, but usually by accident. Is there major progress from my starting point? Oh yeah. I know that I can do better, but the repeated setbacks from the holidays and being sick have made it a challenge to get dinner on the table, let alone be a superstar Koaladle. I just keep in mind that it's my first challenge, and in the grand scheme of things it has been wildly successful. I am keeping my diet, water intake, and movement in mind, even when I'm not completing everything. Next challenge will have the advantage of my schedule going back to normal, so this is just a temporary hurdle.

So the plan for now is to cling to the challenge, as it's not going to be realistic this week to end with a bang. And you know what? I'm okay with that. It was really easy to get the challenges done when I had a set schedule, and since that's not even vaguely feasible during the holidays I'll just hold on and weather the Blizzard of Festivities.

Heimdall sends kisses and says hello!

• Like 5

Thanx for the like, at least you are still here, that's most important. Feel free to check in on your terms  :rolleyes-new:

My update was interrupted by a nap, puppy cuddles, and eventually dinner. :-) It's a sick day again, so I start something and end up finishing it 12 hours later.

Glad you are back! Just keep on clinging like a proper koaladle (I'm kind of clinging this week too) - it's almost over and then you get to start all over with a new Challenge! For what it's worth, I think the holidays are such an awesome and beautiful time, it's worthwhile sometimes to get swept up in the festive and let some "responsibilities" slide... As long as there is forward progress over the long term, I say hooray. Sorry about the sleepless nights and sickness though - that does not sound festive.

Thanksgiving was yesterday, right? And I'm not losing my mind because I have no idea how three weeks went by so quickly? And I'm not actually approaching the end of the challenge with three sticker days in December? I have literally never had a flurry of holiday chaos in my life, so this month has hit me like a heavyweight. The challenge, which had been going so outrageously well, was knocked out by the dreaded Change of Schedule. Over night, my living room became an Amazon warehouse and despite valiant efforts is once again a horror show of clutter. Add on sleepless nights, sickness, and dog puke, and you have the absurdity that has been December.

I can proudly say, however, that not all progress has gone to the fire swamp.

princessbride.jpg

It's become almost like habit to be drinking water during the day, my walks with Heimdall managed to get a little longer, and now that we have veggies in the house again, we are eating them with dinner at least. Am I managing all of these habit changes at once? Sometimes, but usually by accident. Is there major progress from my starting point? Oh yeah. I know that I can do better, but the repeated setbacks from the holidays and being sick have made it a challenge to get dinner on the table, let alone be a superstar Koaladle. I just keep in mind that it's my first challenge, and in the grand scheme of things it has been wildly successful. I am keeping my diet, water intake, and movement in mind, even when I'm not completing everything. Next challenge will have the advantage of my schedule going back to normal, so this is just a temporary hurdle.

So the plan for now is to cling to the challenge, as it's not going to be realistic this week to end with a bang. And you know what? I'm okay with that. It was really easy to get the challenges done when I had a set schedule, and since that's not even vaguely feasible during the holidays I'll just hold on and weather the Blizzard of Festivities.

Heimdall sends kisses and says hello!

Aaah i can be short and sweet:

16behwy.jpg

• Life happened, and is dealt with.
  • Looking at the big picture.
  • Knows when to strike and when to recover.
  • Planning ahead

Do you have any idea in which guild your next challenge is gonna be? I've heard rumours of you wanting to become a scout. First of all, i don't know that guild very well, and all guilds are equally amazing. But i have to say, you have been positively noted by the Assassins guild, and we would be delighted to have you.

That being said, my advice to every recruit is to pick a guild based on the primary quest of your next challenge. The one sidenote i have to that is that in my experience the first guild you select will feel like "home" for a long time!

Excitingly awaiting your answer...

puppy1.jpg

• Like 1

Our old frame was hippie friendly and made of wood, and it snapped recently.

Congrats.... *mischievous wink*

puppy1.jpg

That gif is adorable.... :-)

I also second... third... eightheded.... what everyone else is saying, keeping things perfect for 6 weeks is hard, into the holidays is even harder. Nothing wrong with a stumble, just make sure you get back up and keep going.

• Like 3

The last week, with its ups and downs and world-class hermitting, now makes sense. I should have figured, seeing as Week Two was a horror show.

I'll give you a hint.

28-days-later-poster-big.jpg

Anyway, it certainly helps explain the fatigue, grumpiness, and emotional roller coaster. I took it easy today, but I am drinking my fluids (water with electrolyte supplement--it's good for the plants--and some apple juice for a kick to the blood sugar when I got faint this morning), I ate veggies, and even managed to clean up a bit with the help of the husband. I'm forever away from my ideal cleanliness, but then again my ideal is playing on the floor with the dog and getting up without fur attached to my pants. 

More Unrealistic Expectations: Hair

If-Disney-Princesses-Had-Realistic-Hair-

Unrealistic Expectations 2: Pets

tumblr_mt3lpxmL0v1r0dbsno1_500.gif

For now, I have a view of our tree and the side table is clear. As long as I don't look to my right at the kitchen and dining room, all is well. With any luck at all, I can get more done tomorrow and be at peace with the remaining clutter.

As for my choice of guild: the Scouts fit my wallet, since I have working legs and a bike; however, the Assassins have captured my imagination with the dancing and tumbling and climbing and GIFfing and prancing and hyperactive silliness. Where the Scouts attract me with having focused goals, the Assassins do the same by having a huge variety. I'm a little torn as to where I want to go, so the plan for tomorrow is to treat myself to the guilds and see which community fits. 

Until then, +1 to Assassins because I get to type a-s-s twice in one word (I also laughed the whole course of my Navy career when someone mentioned duty because poop and I'm seven).

Oh, Shatner...

9dea099c24e6aef9b9466376d0073e2d.jpg

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

91f392db9a12e91f1833386fa2a769aa.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats.... *mischievous wink*

Bahaha, one would think BUT it snapped when HH leaned on it to grab something from the nightstand. No leaping, not even his full weight. I figure we must have been having too many pillow fights over the last year or something.

>.>

<.<

>.>

The new frame is some crazy steel barracks nonsense, so the most maintenance it will need is some WD-40. Congratulate us if we manage to destroy this one, because the likelihood of offspring will be high.

• Like 2

Now wait Scouts have varied interests and training.  I know mostly to help improve endurancy and/or speed and we do drone on about those things since no one else likes to hear about it in our RL more than once in a while.  LOL  Most of us considered Rangers, Adventures, and Assassins.  We may be too busy to go all gif mad but hey we can gif too...

Koala_wrestling_3233957a.gif  

I do believe you still owe me some hang time attempts from running and singing much to passerby's dismay.  Can you image the pain of the person on a treadmill or indoor tiny track next to me if I have to resort to that?  There is  no where to go....

I think I might look this cool and coordinated...

okgo_treadmill_200110105520.jpg or thisflashii3.gif

BUT I look like this...

ef7xrwjkkyegi7douicl.gif

Overall your challenge has been so fun to follow and I know you will finish strong or else.  I hear Assassins may sneak up on you if you don't...

• Like 3

I know you will finish strong or else.  I hear Assassins may sneak up on you if you don't...

c744534f4dcb03c565a0ef4385b0e594fe49e247

On a more serious note, i don't know what your next challenge will be about but you can be an assassin in the scouts, or a monk with the warriors. But my advice would be, to make the best of your challenge, pick the guild which can be of best assistance with your primary goals!

Unfortunately i can't be serious for a long time...

Join+us_1f145d_5667547.gif

• Like 4

Until then, +1 to Assassins because I get to type a-s-s twice in one word (I also laughed the whole course of my Navy career when someone mentioned duty because poop and I'm seven).

No matter what happens next, you are gonna be on my mind a lot!

It's "SO much more fun" writing things up for the AssAssins now that i got this stuck in my mind :P  (this was meant sarcastic, and non-offensive ;) )

• Like 4