• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

You Encounter a Hippie Koaladle!

Congrats on the victories vs traitor brain and your HH is very very wise in his advise on rest days!  Rest days are SUPER IMPORTANT. If you don't take them you won't really be progressing because you aren't properly letting the body actually heal up and get stronger. Which can lead eventually to a state called overtraining which is like this but much much worse because you are exhausted all the time, your blood pressure goes up and just..lots of not good. Don't do that!

I am also really terrible at the whole NO REALLY you need a day off, woman. Thing. I'm getting better. Because I've done the not enough rest days oh hey I feel like shit and I'm not getting any stronger thing a LOT of times. Not worth it. And it leads to injuries!!!! Now that I actually do rest days I haven't had an injury in a year or so due to overtraining! And it used to be every few months.. soooo yeah.

REST DAYS!  If you are doing strength training shoot for every other day as a rest day. If you don't want to totally rest on your rest day you can do some active recovery like a mellow walk or bike ride, AKA an excellent excuse for some quality time with Heimdall! Just remember this should not be an intense speedy walk this should not get you out of the mild to moderate effort range (aka if you are starting to get into the heavy breathing zone you have gone too far!)  The longer you go in your fitness journey you'll get a better sense of what mild to moderate effort is for you and as you get more fit mild to moderate is going to become more and more activity over time! For example, for me now a 6 mile hike done in a few hours is solidly in the safe for an active recovery day range, but when I started out that would have been a pretty intense work out for me (and still could be if I picked terrain that was all steep up hill or something!)

Anywho you have been kicking ass at this challenge so far and don't for a second think rest day is putting you back in your goals! I have come to learn that rest day where I sit in my butt and cuddle kitties and have a few beers is actually just as important as my work out days, especially so the stronger I get and the harder I can now work out!

Remember you are....

pm8gm.gif

I love everything about this post. 

I HEREBY CHANGE EXERCISE QUEST TO BE MORE REALISTIC!

TO PREVENT INJURY, BURN OUT, ACCELERATED WEIGHT LOSS, AND OVERTRAINING, FITNESS QUEST WILL BE:

DAY 1: WEIGHTS AND CARDIO

DAY 2: CARDIO AND CHORES

DAY 3: WEIGHTS AND CHORES

DAY 4: CARDIO AND CHORES

DAY 5: WEIGHTS AND CARDIO

DAY 6: CHORES

DAY 7: CARDIO (IN THE GYM TO CONTINUE THE MANAGEMENT OF ANXIETY)

DAY 6 AND 7 ARE INTERCHANGEABLE TO PROVIDE FLEXIBILITY FOR HUSBAND'S WEEKEND PLANS. THIS PLAN IS MADE TO PROVIDE REST DAYS FOR CARDIO AND WEIGHTS, TO ALLOW FOR UNINTERRUPTED HOUSEWIFING, AND TO BE A SUSTAINABLE LIFE CHANGE. IT WILL BE POSTED ON THE BATHROOM MIRROR, IN THE LIVING ROOM, AND ON THE FRIDGE.

Let me know what y'all think of it before I sign it officially with a jpeg of a koala paw. In my thinks, I noticed that I'd been so wiped from activity, my usually clean apartment had reduced to shambles. As a result, I'll need to start this on day 2 tomorrow, and use a side quest to measure achievement today. Side quest is going to be as follows:

Earn 15 points for completing these chores:

Clean the bathroom (scrub things, tidy): 2

Wash dishes and put away: 2

Tidy the bedroom (make bed, vacuum, clean cockpit area : 2

Fold laundry and put it away (there is a lot and I don't like doing it): 5

Return living room to appropriate living standards (put things away, tidy, dust, sweep, mop): 6

Wipe down dinner table: 1

Clean the kitchen (clean terrible glass top stove, sweep and mop, wipe down counters, tidy): 3

Take out the trash (three points because I have to carry it to the dumpster, and may need to do two trips depending on trash from cleaning. Using the car means no points): 3

• Like 6

That's awesome you have the stuff at home too! Sorry, I must have missed that in my reading. I keep telling my husband we need to do something like that for us too - right now all we have is a yoga mat and a pair of 25 pound dumbbells. He loves to lift weights but his gym is almost 30 minutes away from where we live (in the opposite direction of work and our normal social hangouts too), and I know I'd do better if I could stay at home too, even if I'm more into bodyweight stuff than iron.

We just got them yesterday, it's a brand new thing. :-)

I hate seeing duplicate posts, especially since there were three.  How boring to read.  Since the edit option is there, why not just change it.  At least it's a shorter read that way.

It's nice seeing that my comments have likes with the little flags, so many with your name to start and now with others throughout.

Breakfast happened today but I certainly wasn't feeling it, felt a little iffy while eating.  It was a pretty bland breakfast too.  Bananas are supposed to be good for upset stomachs. 

Dancezwithkittez, when I was in dance full swing, I lived at the studio and would be there pretty much every day, sometimes it was only an hour but sometimes it was 2-3 classes, then practice or a private lesson afterwards and ended up being 2-4 hours.  While dance, especially during class or lessons may not be active at all times, the cumulative time adds up.  Rest time for the body is definitely good.  For the mind as well as the body.  I'm taking classes at the jr. college so I didn't just sit at home moping that I couldn't dance, but again, still need a day of mindless nothingness to keep me sane.

I did not breakfast today. -.- I completely forgot about it in the whirlwind of getting HH out the door. Bah.

I love everything about this post. 

I HEREBY CHANGE EXERCISE QUEST TO BE MORE REALISTIC!

TO PREVENT INJURY, BURN OUT, ACCELERATED WEIGHT LOSS, AND OVERTRAINING, FITNESS QUEST WILL BE:

DAY 1: WEIGHTS AND CARDIO

DAY 2: CARDIO AND CHORES

DAY 3: WEIGHTS AND CHORES

DAY 4: CARDIO AND CHORES

DAY 5: WEIGHTS AND CARDIO

DAY 6: CHORES

DAY 7: CARDIO (IN THE GYM TO CONTINUE THE MANAGEMENT OF ANXIETY)

DAY 6 AND 7 ARE INTERCHANGEABLE TO PROVIDE FLEXIBILITY FOR HUSBAND'S WEEKEND PLANS. THIS PLAN IS MADE TO PROVIDE REST DAYS FOR CARDIO AND WEIGHTS, TO ALLOW FOR UNINTERRUPTED HOUSEWIFING, AND TO BE A SUSTAINABLE LIFE CHANGE. IT WILL BE POSTED ON THE BATHROOM MIRROR, IN THE LIVING ROOM, AND ON THE FRIDGE.

Let me know what y'all think of it before I sign it officially with a jpeg of a koala paw. In my thinks, I noticed that I'd been so wiped from activity, my usually clean apartment had reduced to shambles. As a result, I'll need to start this on day 2 tomorrow, and use a side quest to measure achievement today. Side quest is going to be as follows:

Earn 15 points for completing these chores:

Clean the bathroom (scrub things, tidy): 2

Wash dishes and put away: 2

Tidy the bedroom (make bed, vacuum, clean cockpit area : 2

Fold laundry and put it away (there is a lot and I don't like doing it): 5

Return living room to appropriate living standards (put things away, tidy, dust, sweep, mop): 6

Wipe down dinner table: 1

Clean the kitchen (clean terrible glass top stove, sweep and mop, wipe down counters, tidy): 3

Take out the trash (three points because I have to carry it to the dumpster, and may need to do two trips depending on trash from cleaning. Using the car means no points): 3

In my opinion, I would take out the cardio on Day 2 and 4, I'm pretty strict about me 48 hours recovery time though.

• Like 1

My cardio isn't very intense at this point, so I'm not overly worried about pushing it, For the first of the two days, I'll have a hard(er) workout and the second day will be more of a walk to keep the soreness at bay. I know that if I declare a rest day too frequently, I'll use it as an excuse and accomplish nothing, either as a housewife or as a Koaladle. I tried to set this up in such a way that it wouldn't end up hurting the other quests. Now that I've given myself permission to take it easy, I'll be more likely to work hard one day and slow down the next, as appropriate.

If it ends up being too much, I will absolutely take out days 2 and 4. I'm giving it a 24 hour think before I throw it into action officially. Thank you for the input, insanity!

• Like 1

My cardio isn't very intense at this point, so I'm not overly worried about pushing it, For the first of the two days, I'll have a hard(er) workout and the second day will be more of a walk to keep the soreness at bay. I know that if I declare a rest day too frequently, I'll use it as an excuse and accomplish nothing, either as a housewife or as a Koaladle. I tried to set this up in such a way that it wouldn't end up hurting the other quests. Now that I've given myself permission to take it easy, I'll be more likely to work hard one day and slow down the next, as appropriate.

If it ends up being too much, I will absolutely take out days 2 and 4. I'm giving it a 24 hour think before I throw it into action officially. Thank you for the input, insanity!

NP... now I can let the insanity go, had to hold it back to try and make sense there... :-)

• Like 2

REMEMBER HOW I SAID I WAS GOING TO EDIT THE UPDATE FOR MY OWN SANITY? THIS IS IT, SAME CONTENT WITH PRETTY FORMATTING.

I didn't post anything last night because at midnight I had a choice: start the three hour process of writing, editing, re-writing, editing, reading, editing, and GIFfing, or leave it to today after I'd slept.

Considering HH is the 2014 World Champion of Cuddles it made an easier decision than I'd anticipated. I took a few notes, fell asleep doing so, woke up, illegibly took a couple more, and hit snooze for the day.

Back to the beginning:

Editing, again.

4300382_std.jpg

I had breakfast (monsupee challenge: complete), cycled the laundry, and spent much of the day hanging out with Heimdall, Guardian of Cuddletime, and Commander XYZ, Elite: Dangerous pilot. A phone call from my mom interrupted enhanced my lunch routine, but the news she needed to tell me got me so livid at the people bullying her that I totally lost my appetite. 

Me and Ben VS Mama Bullies

ea4cbccd77c786717e36a0a2c8fdac21.jpg

It's been Handled.

Dinner time came into view, and it was a glorious thing to behold: roasted butternut squash, roasted asparagus, mushrooms on sirloin steaks with just the right amount of browning, and caramelized scallops. It's our weekly tradition to have steak and scallops on HH's weekend, but the vegetables turned Fancy Meat Night into Grownup Feast Night. We agreed the addition of roasted veggies made for the best weekend dinner yet (veggie challenge: complete). As we were lulling into our postsupperitis, Ben lifted a piece of paper I'd needed terribly the night before. "What's this?" he wondered, and started reading my routine, offering opinions. 

"Are you going to have a rest day?"

"I mean, I don't know, I don't think so. My challenge says 60 minutes of activity a day. Why?"

"Your muscles need a rest day. Some people think muscle exhaustion is the way to go, but when I was lifting in high school our coach warned us against it. If you don't let your muscles heal, you're more likely to get hurt and you're just breaking down the muscle you have." I'd heard and read all this before, but I didn't add time off into my challenge. Then again, I didn't think I'd get to a gym this time around, either.

"What do the quests actually involve?" I told him about the two vegetables a day rule, drinking three liters of water, and 60 minutes of activity per day. The first two he knew already, the third caught him off-guard. "So if you're doing chores and do a couple excecises at home, that's okay too? You can take a rest day from going to the gym as long as you're moving around for an hour."

Huh, he has a point. 

I kept this in mind while taking the 80s Nightmare selfie for awesomesue, and continued as I was biking at the gym to the hits of the 1940s. There's no way I can keep this up, physically or emotionally. It's draining to workout so hard without a break, but it's even worse when I'm running at this high level of stress. 

THEN A PERSON, MY GREATEST NEMESIS, CAME IN. 

Five+Finger-2.jpg

He didn't bother or approach me, he minded his business, but I still felt like Heimdall vs Neighborhood Terrier. Get off my lawn, this is my territory, your pee is not welcome here. Neither is your sweat.

And he was all like 

comic_hugging.jpg

...as he continued his routine and didn't say a word. I finished a half hour on the bike and went on the treadmill. Tired, unmotivated, and now on the verge of nausea BECAUSE WHAT IS HUGGER MAN DOING POLITELY MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS ON THE TREADMILL FARTHEST AWAY FROM ME ARE YOU KIDDING GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY YOU PERSON WHO HAS A FULL RIGHT TO BE HERE YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT UUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH, I used my magical tablet powers to watch Elle get into Harvard. I can't stay grumpy forever.

Gets me every time

tumblr_inline_nuq4pjpMyD1qcq7oa_500.gif

Gym time done, I headed home. I was amazed at how tired I was, physically and emotionally. Just having another person in the gym was enough to hear the cries of the Halloween candy and the whimpers of wine; I realized a couple of things about my physical activity quest: I'll burn out if I continue in the gym and I need to have a rest day every week. Not wanting to make any changes in the midst of high emotion, I didn't write my update and went to bed early. I woke up, ate breakfast with the husband, and still felt the same way. I've been going far beyond my physicality goal all week; I need to bring it back a notch before I break down. I chose to declare a rest day especially since it's date and movie night. Not to say my day was totally unproductive! Hearing my concerns and being impressed by my progress so far, HH went to a sporting goods store and got a 110 pound weight set for $50 (MEGA SALE). It has several low weight plates, two dumbbell bars, and a barbell. It's a little more than I need right now, but it leaves plenty of room to grow. With Heimdall all healed up, I can go on walks during the day and do weighted exercises without the pressure of worrying about someone coming in. The gym side quest was only for a couple of days, and it was productive--I got in there, I got silly, I got out after finishing a whole workout. It was a success! Can I keep that up every day? Only by eating a pound of chocolate every time I leave. 

MY HERO! EATING ALL THE CHOCOLATE AGAINST THE ODDS!

grid-cell-16235-1416256688-5.jpg

I don't feel guilty about no longer going to the gym; I have legs for running, a bright yellow bicycle (with a basket and two bells), and enough weights to keep me busy for the next year. And I don't feel guilty about a rest day, either! Traitor Brain thinks this is the first step to giving up and I should go to the gym if I'm serious about losing this weight, but I know the only sentiment behind that is to make me more tired, more stressed, and more upset so that I burn out. Traitor Brain is a wasscally widdle wabbit.

It's wabbit huntin season...

elmerfudd.jpg

So today so far, I'm a liter of water in, but I am really thirsty and at this point I can chug a liter like it's nothing. It'll get done by the time we go to bed. We had sushi for dinner; a major accomplishment for me, because the only reason that I kept trying it was out of love for HH. He loves sushi, and I've been trying a little of this and that for almost three years, and am finally developing a taste for it. Between the sushi and the other contents of the bento box, I had seaweed, carrots, avacado, cucumber, and an unfortuntate experiment with beets. Ben saw me slowing down and asked if I was full. 

"Yeah, but..."

"PUT THE CHOPSTICKS DOWN. Don't overeat." Romance! Seriously, he's supporting my food changes and making sure I don't mess myself up by eating too much. 

MAWWAGE

Dweam_283b40_841893.jpg

I'm drinking my water, I involved veggies in dinner, and tonight I'm kicking it with Netflix and my cuddlebuddies. Tomorrow is a another day, one with all the challenges completed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 3: 

Workout done, veggies (asparagus, mushrooms, and squash) eaten, 2 liters of water consumed (due to a lack of room after dinner and starting consumption too late in the day)

DAY 4:

No workout (on purpose), veggies (carrots, seaweed, and beets) eaten, water in progress (will update in the morning) ((it is now the morning and I made it to 2 liters before HH vetoed staying up later to drink water))

• Like 4

A rest day is a good day but then again is it rest day when walking every where and doing chores?  I try and get a day between strength workouts but rarely ever have a complete rest day.  

So AWESOME that your hubby is supporting you so much!  He should get a couple stat points of his own.

• Like 1

A rest day is a good day but then again is it rest day when walking every where and doing chores?  I try and get a day between strength workouts but rarely ever have a complete rest day.  

So AWESOME that your hubby is supporting you so much!  He should get a couple stat points of his own.

Active rest is a thing... :-)

• Like 3

Well now, it's win win in that case. I get to help my shoulder move right, and you get to sing.

Granted we had a dog back away from the kitchen when I was belting out some Fleetwood Mac making breakfast.  Maybe if I sing when I run others will dart down side streets to avoid me!

Hey Koaladle you gonna hang with us or insanity I mean while I chase people away as I run toward them singing?

• Like 1

Granted we had a dog back away from the kitchen when I was belting out some Fleetwood Mac making breakfast.  Maybe if I sing when I run others will dart down side streets to avoid me!

Hey Koaladle you gonna hang with us or insanity I mean while I chase people away as I run toward them singing?

1) +3 Evade

2) I replied to this in the original update post, but I guess I didn't think of it the 5th time around. I lack a suitable tree due to the complex doing seasonal landscape maintenance and the rest of the everything is a palm (read: death if attempted), but will you agree to monkey bars? I'm sure there's a park or something nearby that'll work.

Mid-day

UPDATE!

I just cleaned up, rearranged, swept, swabbed, and beautified the living room! It's outstandingly cozy; since the main area  flows infinitely, the floor in the dining room and kitchen have also been cleaned. All told, I must have earned something like 8 points at this point. I'm going to clean the kitchen, wipe the table, clean the bathroom, take out the trash, take out the dog (not to the trash area), and then sit and watch a movie while I fold laundry. The bedroom won't get done today due to needing the Handsome One to get electronics put away.

• Like 2

NP... now I can let the insanity go, had to hold it back to try and make sense there... :-)

Maybe instead of cardio put "walking" or "active rest", but as long as YOU know that means light walky type activity you can title it whatever you like!  "Cardio" for me usually means running or jumping or sprinting or a spinning class/ something that will have me drenched in sweat and le tired, but that's me!  But I think it looks like a solid plan as long as those cardio days are just restful/active recovery stuff!

• Like 1

Maybe instead of cardio put "walking" or "active rest", but as long as YOU know that means light walky type activity you can title it whatever you like!  "Cardio" for me usually means running or jumping or sprinting or a spinning class/ something that will have me drenched in sweat and le tired, but that's me!  But I think it looks like a solid plan as long as those cardio days are just restful/active recovery stuff!

This, it's what I think of when I see cardio.

• Like 2

I generally go with "things that don't involve sitting, sleeping, cuddles, weight training, knitting, or crafts" but I understand where the confusion lies. For the sake of clarity, I will indeed change the wording in the final draft, which will be done when I get done with chores. The kitchen is just about done; I'll prep for dinner (it's pasta night, so it requires little work) clean the dining room, and fold clothes until my Techno Warrior returns from the Field of Servers.

Not to be confused with Techno Viking

MlbZb8R.gif

• Like 2

I REACHED THE POINTS.

Chores done include the following:

-Living room swept, swabbed, rearranged, and decorated (I used an old sheet to cover up Himinbjorg, and it's looking classy)

-Kitchen cleaned, swept, and swabbed

-Dishes washed, used, and washed again (still drying when I went to bed, but close enough)

-Bathroom cleaned (and while I was at it I made more face wash--made, because I'm a hippie after all)

-Dinner table wiped, set, used, and set again

-Trash out

I started the laundry, but didn't finish it up. That's going to be on my docket today, along with cardio later on. 

Water ended up at two liters, and veggies were a diasterous completion. You know how people say spaghetti squash is great with pasta sauce? 

image.png?w=400&c=1

I tried it (using the three bite rule because I'm an adult!) and it was absolutely a nope. I like squash and I love pasta sauce, but together? Nope, nope, nope. Terrible experiment gone wrong. I munched on a bell pepper to get the other veggie in, and to drown the memory of spaghetti squash on pasta night.

monsupee, I got breakfast in this morning! 

Now to the laundry, because I will absolutely use NF to procrastinate, hiding the excuse under the most sparkly of Disney Princess wrapping paper, tying it in with a bow, and putting it on display in the living room.

• Like 3

I'm looking around my messy dirty abode and thinking I could clean it or I could just use my imagination to pretend I live at your house... your housekeeping is inspiring! 

You know how people say spaghetti squash is great with pasta sauce? 

image.png?w=400&c=1

I tried it (using the three bite rule because I'm an adult!) and it was absolutely a nope. I like squash and I love pasta sauce, but together? Nope, nope, nope. Terrible experiment gone wrong. I munched on a bell pepper to get the other veggie in, and to drown the memory of spaghetti squash on pasta night.

monsupee, I got breakfast in this morning! 

Now to the laundry, because I will absolutely use NF to procrastinate, hiding the excuse under the most sparkly of Disney Princess wrapping paper, tying it in with a bow, and putting it on display in the living room.

Ah, kitchen failures... funny and yet not-funny at the same time. I like "squash-as-pasta" but only under two conditions: 1.) homemade pasta sauce with lots of meat and 2.) never actually think of it as a pasta substitute. Because, much like those "cauliflower mashed potatoes", these things are fine in their own right but really, who are we kidding? It is in no way like spaghetti. At all.

• Like 1

You are kicking your first challenge!

You can pass your spagetti squash to me, I love it!

Tossed in a little olive oil with salt and pepper? I'll have it for lunch. Slathered in pasta sauce? NOPE.

I'm looking around my messy dirty abode and thinking I could clean it or I could just use my imagination to pretend I live at your house... your housekeeping is inspiring! 

Ah, kitchen failures... funny and yet not-funny at the same time. I like "squash-as-pasta" but only under two conditions: 1.) homemade pasta sauce with lots of meat and 2.) never actually think of it as a pasta substitute. Because, much like those "cauliflower mashed potatoes", these things are fine in their own right but really, who are we kidding? It is in no way like spaghetti. At all.

Thank you! I get grumpy if the apartment isn't ready for Other Adults to Visit. HH likes a little dust and clutter, so we have a little of that, too. :-) Don't get down on yourself about your home, though! Please keep in mind, it is literally my job to be a housewife. We don't have kids, so I'm not juggling the responsibilities of parenthood, and our dog is short haired which makes our place fairly easy to maintain. If I do it right, I shouldn't be spending more than 45 minutes a day doing chores--except for laundry day, because there is no avoiding the time consuming process of laundrying. HH hates cleaning, cooking every night, folding laundry, and scrubbing toilets so as he's said before "I go to work so that you can take care of me full time." 

That may have been part of my problem, thinking of it as a substitute. I like both things, but the only thing in my brain that goes with pasta sauce is pasta (or other Italian foods, you know what I mean). I'll eat the other half of the squash for lunch, but the sauce won't be in the picture.

• Like 2

We keep on meaning to try spaghetti squash, but I see it so rarely in the stores around here we still haven't done it. It's been on our list of things to try for a long time though! We tried cauliflower as a substitute for rice before and ended up throwing it out, but both my husband and I hate cauliflower anyway (we were hoping it would give us a way to eat it without gagging) so we thought spaghetti squash would surely be better. We like squash, at least...I'll have to add a little mental note to try it without pasta sauce first and see what it tastes like on its own, rather than jumping straight to the pasta substitute idea.

• Like 2

Tossed in a little olive oil with salt and pepper? I'll have it for lunch. Slathered in pasta sauce? NOPE.

Thank you! I get grumpy if the apartment isn't ready for Other Adults to Visit. HH likes a little dust and clutter, so we have a little of that, too. :-) Don't get down on yourself about your home, though! Please keep in mind, it is literally my job to be a housewife. We don't have kids, so I'm not juggling the responsibilities of parenthood, and our dog is short haired which makes our place fairly easy to maintain. If I do it right, I shouldn't be spending more than 45 minutes a day doing chores--except for laundry day, because there is no avoiding the time consuming process of laundrying. HH hates cleaning, cooking every night, folding laundry, and scrubbing toilets so as he's said before "I go to work so that you can take care of me full time." 

That may have been part of my problem, thinking of it as a substitute. I like both things, but the only thing in my brain that goes with pasta sauce is pasta (or other Italian foods, you know what I mean). I'll eat the other half of the squash for lunch, but the sauce won't be in the picture.

I'm that way with subbing some foods- cauliflower mashed potatoes aren't mashed potatoes. I think I wasn't super crazy for spagetti noodles anyway, so that made the switch easy. 

I have been a housewife ever since my son, now an adult, was a baby. When he went off to college, I thought about going back to work, but husband's vote is that I stay home and take care of the house. It does seem to make our lives less stressful then if we both were working. Having someone in charge of the cooking makes for a lot less eating out. If I get bored, I might  get a part time job, but so far me being home full time works.

• Like 1

I'm that way with subbing some foods- cauliflower mashed potatoes aren't mashed potatoes. I think I wasn't super crazy for spagetti noodles anyway, so that made the switch easy. 

I have been a housewife ever since my son, now an adult, was a baby. When he went off to college, I thought about going back to work, but husband's vote is that I stay home and take care of the house. It does seem to make our lives less stressful then if we both were working. Having someone in charge of the cooking makes for a lot less eating out. If I get bored, I might  get a part time job, but so far me being home full time works.

We decided I would stay home once I got out of the Navy. We saw how stressed out I was juggling a career and the housework, and it wasn't a pretty picture. We made some adjustments to our lifestyle, and since we're staying home for dinner more often, I'm not driving all over the place, and we're both happier, the extra paycheck didn't make up for the benefits of having me at home. :-)

• Like 1

Yay! How's it going with your hubby and his obutto and circulation management?  Part of getting my bat cave together today is going to be setting up hubby's desk again..eventually.  I'm actually gonna go snap a pic real quick. 

*brief interlude*

H91E46hl.jpg

There's where my bat cave will be and you can see his giant desk just waiting to be used or moved. Hubby has been really good about taking "standy uppy" breaks even after the desk went into storage :) The habit just kind of stuck.

• Like 2

Just watch an episode of Hoarders: Buried Alive and you'll suddenly feel better ;) 

Yeah--never think of it like a substitute or you'll hate it.  Same thing with "Zoodles"--no. It's Zucchini. 

I REACHED THE POINTS.

Chores done include the following:

[awesome bullet points]

Oh my goodness.. Pasta night and no carbs? I'd host a rebellion of my own.. As mentioned above, squash is squash and =/= pasta.  It's the same shape and that's about it.  The flavor, texture, color, etc. is completely different and disappointing if it were to be used as a direct replacement.  That's like reaching for a glass of Dr. Pepper and getting Milk. 

We keep on meaning to try spaghetti squash, but I see it so rarely in the stores around here we still haven't done it. It's been on our list of things to try for a long time though! We tried cauliflower as a substitute for rice before and ended up throwing it out, but both my husband and I hate cauliflower anyway (we were hoping it would give us a way to eat it without gagging) so we thought spaghetti squash would surely be better. We like squash, at least...I'll have to add a little mental note to try it without pasta sauce first and see what it tastes like on its own, rather than jumping straight to the pasta substitute idea.

One time, I tried to like brussels sprouts.  I HATE them, but people keep raving about how good they are when they're roasted so I did... BLECH! I gagged, I teared up, I chewed slowly and choked one bite down.  THEN, I somehow thought that sriracha would make it better--because who doesn't like a little hot sauce??  NOPE! OMG. The gagging intensified and then turned into spitting, coughing, and nearly throwing up.  I hate Brussels Sprouts and there's nothing I can do to change it.  Best to know your veggie strengths and weaknesses, I say :) 

• Like 2