You Encounter a Hippie Koaladle!

Koaladle

Okay Koaladle and insanity I am patient and can wait until life and weather improves for those hangs just know I am one up.  If I do it again then you need to work on accumulating 10 minutes of hanging or trying your best in one or more sessions.  Can't hang for that long then try and do as much as you can for 5 minutes.  ;)  So I am getting ready to go for a lunch run of about 2 miles what do I get if I can grab a tree limb and hang?  Will someone try and hang while singing for me?  ha ha ha  I know the perfect song too.  It is one all the adults liked to ask me if I knew it when I was oh so much younger.  I began to wonder if they noticed I was a girl.  I was a tom boy and still am.  :)

• Like 1

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW? Let's go in order. Every single one.

SNOW WHITE, 1938: She'd get over it, With a Smile and a Song.

CINDERELLA, 1950: She would see the obstacle and achieve the dream (which is a wish her heart made) before midnight.

AURORA, 1959: She would take a nap, and dance with someone once upon a dream.

ARIEL, 1989: She would look at the gym go-ers and want to be part of that world. Then she would grow legs and unleash an epic battle of the sea, nearly killing everyone she loves. Teenagers.

BELLE, 1991: She would go nuts in her workout, and Traitor Brain would try to kill the beast mode. That's when beast mode would DESTROY TRAITOR BRAIN FOREVER!

JASMINE, 1992: She would get out of the palace and find a whole new world of things to climb.

POCAHANTAS, 1995: She would get out and set goals, like "keep paddling until I'm just around the river bend".

MULAN, 1998: She would get down to business.

tumblr_inline_mmjxe4pGXn1qz4rgp.gif

TIANA, 2009: She's a marathoner; she keeps running because she's almost there.

RAPUNZEL, 2010: She would stop being in denial and see the light.

MERIDA, 2012: She would change her fate and touch the sky.

ELSA AND ANNA: They would rethink their musical numbers. >.>

They wouldn't rethink it, they'd just let it go and go build a snowman.

• Like 2

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW? Let's go in order. Every single one.

SNOW WHITE, 1938: She'd get over it, With a Smile and a Song.

CINDERELLA, 1950: She would see the obstacle and achieve the dream (which is a wish her heart made) before midnight.

AURORA, 1959: She would take a nap, and dance with someone once upon a dream.

ARIEL, 1989: She would look at the gym go-ers and want to be part of that world. Then she would grow legs and unleash an epic battle of the sea, nearly killing everyone she loves. Teenagers.

BELLE, 1991: She would go nuts in her workout, and Traitor Brain would try to kill the beast mode. That's when beast mode would DESTROY TRAITOR BRAIN FOREVER!

JASMINE, 1992: She would get out of the palace and find a whole new world of things to climb.

POCAHANTAS, 1995: She would get out and set goals, like "keep paddling until I'm just around the river bend".

MULAN, 1998: She would get down to business.

tumblr_inline_mmjxe4pGXn1qz4rgp.gif

TIANA, 2009: She's a marathoner; she keeps running because she's almost there.

RAPUNZEL, 2010: She would stop being in denial and see the light.

MERIDA, 2012: She would change her fate and touch the sky.

ELSA AND ANNA: They would rethink their musical numbers. >.>

I peek in on your posts from time to time (my you are a busy poster! :)) and I think you just inspired me to make Mulan the official mascot of my challenge. Thanks! :) (Always been my fave Disney princess, to be fair.)

• Like 1

+ 1 million points for Disney Princess stickers.

I ALSO WANT ALL THE STICKERS AND ALL THE POINTS!! The prospect of awarding points at the end of this challenge is way more motivational that it probably should be for a grown-ass lady like myself. 

What is this hanging and singing business? I want to try it! Is it like a flexed-arm hang? 

• Like 2

I peek in on your posts from time to time (my you are a busy poster! :)) and I think you just inspired me to make Mulan the official mascot of my challenge. Thanks! :) (Always been my fave Disney princess, to be fair.)

(Indeed I am! I look forward to writing about my day, so between the accountability and time investment, it keeps me motivated to stay the course) Mulan should be the mascot of all things. It's such an incredible story!

+ 1 million points for Disney Princess stickers.

I ALSO WANT ALL THE STICKERS AND ALL THE POINTS!! The prospect of awarding points at the end of this challenge is way more motivational that it probably should be for a grown-ass lady like myself. 

What is this hanging and singing business? I want to try it! Is it like a flexed-arm hang? 

ALL THE POINTS FOR PRINCESSES! My poor husband embraces my love of princesses, and just rolls with it when I put up a coloring poster of Merida or something. Legally, I'm an adult but I have my doubts sometimes. :-) The hanging challenge came about when danceswithkittehz was inviting me to the assassins, and I said I was too old and grumpy. awesomesue was having none of it, and challenged me to hang from a tree in return for her singing while she runs in the park. insanity joined in, and that's where we've left off.

:-)

Thanks for being so freaking awesome :) You know why!

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you're having a better day. <3 Hang in there, kcaleece!

• Like 2

Yeeees I finally found some time to check your challenge again! Looking good, I really like how active you are on the forum and how you motivate yourself and others!

tumblr_mowjer5HDD1s9frcro1_500.gif

Keep up the good work and pet Heimdall from me ;)

Thank you! Heimdall thanks you for the belly rubs and sends kisses in return. D'awww!

• Like 1

(Indeed I am! I look forward to writing about my day, so between the accountability and time investment, it keeps me motivated to stay the course) Mulan should be the mascot of all things. It's such an incredible story!

It's officially official- I even have my own Dark Side of the Moon parody now. And it's all your fault. :) Thanks for that!

I'm not sure if Umbreon thanks you or hates you for my singing now. He doesn't seem able to make up his mind.

• Like 1

It's officially official- I even have my own Dark Side of the Moon parody now. And it's all your fault. :) Thanks for that!

I'm not sure if Umbreon thanks you or hates you for my singing now. He doesn't seem able to make up his mind.

He should neither hate nor thank me due to being  too busy joining your enthusiasm. BOOM!

• Like 1

Uh oh Koaladle and insanity...

3fda012352e9f886d459aa7333880a50.jpg

Walked/ran home.  I only ran 1 mile of it but I decided to make it count.  I sang and even startled some construction workers that were remodeling the inside of an old building.  Made them regret having that window open.  I sang some Fleetwood Mac and something from Blue Man Group and Faith No More.

So that is 10 minutes of working on hanging now.  :)

No running tomorrow so you two can breath a sigh of relief.  

• Like 1
UPDATE!

danceswithkittehz dis is ur doin

funny-learning-experience-cat-stalking-h

Somehow, yesterday got away from me and thus I must start there.

I woke up at 0330 and couldn't go back to sleep; I had some coffee, popped back onto the forums, and lurked around for new blood (wait, is that where noob comes from?), adorning their threads with GIFs and likes. I managed to get an hour nap, but woke up yet again, feeling like Death.

D3uP8uM.gif

Thank all things holy that it was a rest day, so my activity could be limited to exciting pursuits like "taking the dog out" and "cuddling the dog". My quest for the Disney Princess stickers wasn't without turmoil, however; due to the Fallout 4 release, HH asked for a feast befitting the end of a five year long wait; we negotiated terms briefly, and made our pizza order smaller than usual to limit leftovers. In preparation of pizza coming into house, I made sure to drink some water and eat a big Greek salad to curb the temptation of a massive binge. It helped, but next time I'll have a bigger salad. :-)

Which will mean a bigger container...

hqdefault.jpg

I finished up my water, put a sticker on the calendar (Snow White!) and went to bed somewhat early.

My sleep last night was the exact opposite of the night before. I completely missed breakfast, and by the time I woke up, poor buddy was just fixin to die--he missed breakfast, too. Dragging myself out of bed, I took care of the pup, started on my water, and got the day started. Heimdall was outrageously hyper today, so getting out the door to go to the dog park was nothing short of a disaster--and keep in mind we'd just gone out 30 minutes prior. It took five attempts to get out the door like Well Behaved Beasts, which is important because if he rushes out of the door, he can scare a neighbor which can lead to many flavors of disaster. He's often mistaken for a pit bull, which is a breed that's not allowed in our complex (I have a strong opinion about regulations like that... >.>). While we do have paperwork saying he's an American Bulldog, we don't need the trouble. I did a lot of walking around our building, calming down, and trying again.

Off to the dog park for treats and compliments, and (since we're on the other side of the complex and he's too heavy for me to carry) disaster. Heimdall loves to play on the agility equipment, and l while he's running around, and he leaped over a (very low) bar for the first time in a long time! Excited, I encouraged him to do it again, but he smacked his leg going over and landed on his tummy. He let out a whimper, but was able to walk and still wagged; not interested in further injury, I called it a day and took him home. Since, we've been keeping a close eye on him to check for bruising or additional pain. So far he seems a bit sore, but looks to be fine. He doesn't have tender spots, had fun playing (gently) with HH, and is in good spirits. As always, it's off to the vet at the suspicion of trouble. Poor guy. :-(

Somewhat discouraged, I got my water and veggies in so I could stick the sticker, and was about to attach Tiana on my calendar when ixaera posted this massively successful day. I got so pumped off her outstanding progress that I grabbed some socks and got my shoes on. I did 12 circuits of the building (as quietly as possible, so no running) to: "Love and Affection" by Def Leppard; "The Night" by Heart; "Ghosts that We Knew" by Mumford & Sons; I skipped "French Perfume" by Great Big Sea; and was about to call it when "Creep" by Radiohead started. You know how to make Traitor Brain  stop talking? Play its jam. That jerk will start singing along, not realizing that you're singing, too. Back in the days where I almost hated myself, I listened to this song frequently; now it's the anthem of how far I've made it. Traitor Brain is slowly losing its grip on my self-esteem and worth. Victory is nigh.

I've always wanted a cultural victory

culturalvictory.gif

I was working out for about 19 minutes, even though my walk and playtime with Heimdall already earned my sticker--but I think the hard work on the circuits would have made Tiana, the hardest working princess, proud

Time to put the sticker on. 

d8349d986bb96941161e2c7dc617349e.jpg

• Like 3

Tomorrow is gym time, see what I can do... 10 minutes is a lot of hanging though, yay grip work.

ha ha ha

You can break it up between a couple workouts and it is time spent trying to hang unless you are just crazy enough to be able to get that much actual hanging in which is quite impressive.  

So true!  Way to up the game yesterday and not only get it done but do more than you had to do for a win!  You should have little bonus stickers for times when you get that extra bit done.  Love how you managed food.  Hope Heimdall is okay.  Poor guy.

• Like 1

ha ha ha

You can break it up between a couple workouts and it is time spent trying to hang unless you are just crazy enough to be able to get that much actual hanging in which is quite impressive.  

Today is my accessory day, so grip work is a definite must. Hanging is a good way to do that... and I'm not doing nearly as much core work as last time, that hurt.

• Like 2

First of all, awesome work! You just keep on kicking ass like it ain't no thang.

Heimdall was outrageously hyper today, so getting out the door to go to the dog park was nothing short of a disaster--and keep in mind we'd just gone out 30 minutes prior. It took five attempts to get out the door like Well Behaved Beasts, which is important because if he rushes out of the door, he can scare a neighbor which can lead to many flavors of disaster.

Second, as someone who is afraid of dogs for a thousand reasons (while also loving dogs, making interaction with them somewhat strange), let me just tell you how much I appreciate dog owners who are aware of the fact that other people may not know their darlings as well as they do.

The apartment complex where a lot of my friends are living (and where I used to live, as well) is a really good showcase of different flavours of dog owner. There are quite a few dog owners in the building, and it's like they've gotten together and had a vote on which owner gets to play which stereotype.

My favourite (no sarcasm) always makes sure that she is situated between her dogs and any human being they happen to meet while out walking, often going so far as stepping off the walkway, even though her dogs seem very well behaved and have never done anything to scare me. This means that if I were to encounter these dogs in a stressful situation, I would probably not be very scared of them. Good owner, good dogs.

On the other hand, I'm still apprehensive every time I use one of the elevators, because there used to be (I actually think they moved away, and I'm still nervous) a Rottweiler in the building who would growl slightly whenever I passed it. I once (once) ran into this dog (and one of it's owners) while getting out of the elevator in question. They were standing right outside the elevator and the dog was trying to get in as soon as the doors opened, leaving me and the (perpetually growling) dog in an improvised standoff until the owner realized that there was someone in the elevator and that maybe they should let that someone get out before they got in. Now, to my knowledge Rottweilers in general are really nice dogs, and it's actually one of my (in theory) favourite breeds, but getting growled at by a nice Rottweiler is still more scary than being growled at by a psychotic Chihuahua. Bad owner, (therefore) bad dog.

• Like 2

We keep on meaning to try spaghetti squash, but I see it so rarely in the stores around here we still haven't done it. It's been on our list of things to try for a long time though! We tried cauliflower as a substitute for rice before and ended up throwing it out, but both my husband and I hate cauliflower anyway (we were hoping it would give us a way to eat it without gagging) so we thought spaghetti squash would surely be better. We like squash, at least...I'll have to add a little mental note to try it without pasta sauce first and see what it tastes like on its own, rather than jumping straight to the pasta substitute idea.

Some other did not like spaghetti squash- you can't treat it like pasta- but can use it in place of. The first time we just put marinara sauce on it. I twas not very good. We have since learn how to make sauce that it Great on the spaghetti squash. I don't remember off the top of my head what we do different... but adding seasoning that are usually combined with squash help

• Like 3