The Dark Satyr (Teros 18)

Teros

Just got caught up on your thread! Hobby Lobby I have to leave credit card home and just bring cash so I won't over spend. Where I live now it is not convenient to go to so that helps. But I might need some new stuff for holiday decorating since I have rearranged and redone,most of the house.......may need to make a trip. You want to come with me?

Group projects suck but as Snarky points out this is the way it is in any real life job. Especially once you are working where you feel passionate about your work.

Asian market sounds awesome. I have never been in a true one. I am just starting to dabble into looking at recipes with coconut milk. It is expensive to use especially if you waste half the can. Good tips. Love your review of food and your shopping experience in general. Felt like I was there.

How do I join this fan club of yours? Is there a secret handshake.

• Like 6

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Fortunately I didn't have to do too many group projects in school, otherwise I would go all crazy. I don't mind working in groups, I just prefer to do it myself, that's all.

Also, on the note of baby food: Don't ever use any of the meat ones. They smell gross and I didn't even feed my little one too many of them. If the apples are great for shakes, why not make your own? It's pretty much just apple sauce, which you can make in the slow cooker. Apple butter might be something to look into as well, as that's pretty thick (though you would probably have to tinker with it to make it Whole30). Pears might be able to made the same way, as I made pear butter to can this year. Soooo good. I made a lot of my daughter's baby food mainly because it was cheaper to do it, plus you can freeze a lot of it and thaw as needed. Hit me up if you want any suggestions. :)

Edit: Totally forgot to mention (due to my excitement over baby food) that my husband is a woodworker so if you need any help in that regards, lemme know!

• Like 4

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

Wish we were closer buddy, you would be welcome to my workshop for your projects.

That would be awesome, actually.  I think I'm going to try out my 'precut+dremel' combo for 1 project, see how it goes, and see if it's viable for the other options.

I don't know how you feel about chocolate but...chocolate banana shake. Chocolate protein powder.....plus almond milk and banana and frozen up before hand...its like a milkshake or a frozen chocolate covered banana. This is my evil sharing with you for today. Chicken baby food in the shake....oh god, that sounds worse than beets. *shudder*

At least that one song isn't the last?

That was a potential upgrade once I got sick of my current options.  I also still have some almond butter to test out if need be.  Right now I have a stable rotation of banana, then something else, then banana, then something else.  When I get sick of this format; I fully plan to change it up.

It's not a 'dear god, turn it off' song.  Oh please, there's plenty of those. *shudder*

What helps is making random word lyrics for those. Like the Gamara love song.

Alright, so I made the Butter Chicken.

Here it is in the crock pot

It smells amazing :)

I see your butter chicken and raise you a whole 30 beef stroganoff with cauliflower rice.

burgerking-whereisyourgodnow.jpg

Wow...So much is going on with you!! First, I think you need a baby animal.

Look this one is happy to see you!!

2. It's always fun to go somewhere new and buy foods you might not have at your regular grocery store. Plus you got to have a belly laugh with your sister, and as my brother's sister, I fully support this :)

Maybe one day you'll figure out the why, but in this case, I fully support not listening to it :D

I actually always wanted a genetically modified bear so he would be the size of a big dog.  I would name him Fudge and feed him honey teddy grahams as a treat. He also would have a suit of armor.

2) There were quite a few 'wtf' moments for flavors.  I also personally enjoyed the gigantic Guan Yu statue that was for sale and the rack of nothing but tea cups and butcher knives.  That's where I found the Hell Note.

It's something about the kid's choir that does something to me, where even though they are happy lyrics; the tone doesn't feel happy.

Just got caught up on your thread! Hobby Lobby I have to leave credit card home and just bring cash so I won't over spend. Where I live now it is not convenient to go to so that helps. But I might need some new stuff for holiday decorating since I have rearranged and redone,most of the house.......may need to make a trip. You want to come with me?

I am just starting to dabble into looking at recipes with coconut milk. It is expensive to use especially if you waste half the can. Good tips. Love your review of food and your shopping experience in general. Felt like I was there.

How do I join this fan club of yours? Is there a secret handshake.

Of course I'll take a trip with you to Hobby Lobby.  Are we going to hold hands and skip through the aisles?  That's a deal breaker for me.  We need to be able to clotheline grandmas that get in the way.

Leslie-Nielsen-Clothesline.gif

Oh the coconut problem is 10000000% solved. I'm excited to cook more.  Info below.

alicescrewgesture.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30122-1371156351-13

if the apples are great for shakes, why not make your own? It's pretty much just apple sauce, which you can make in the slow cooker. Apple butter might be something to look into as well, as that's pretty thick (though you would probably have to tinker with it to make it Whole30). Pears might be able to made the same way, as I made pear butter to can this year. Soooo good. I made a lot of my daughter's baby food mainly because it was cheaper to do it, plus you can freeze a lot of it and thaw as needed. Hit me up if you want any suggestions. :)

Edit: Totally forgot to mention (due to my excitement over baby food) that my husband is a woodworker so if you need any help in that regards, lemme know!

Well my issues was time/convenience/variety.  I needed something I could make in a couple of seconds as a last resort, depending on the day.  Dumping a jar, pouring 1 scoop, and filling the line with almond milk and shaking means I don't have to think at all.  Plus, although the batch cooking of something would be a good idea; I know I'd get sick of it before I finished it all and I also usually have something going in that crockpot.  Having a few options means that any day I can swap things out and it takes the decision making out of the process.  It might be an option now that I know what works.

The biggest issue I had wood-wise *snicker* was that I wasn't sure how to connect the pillars to the foundation for one of the projects.  All the others, logistically, are straight forward.  This one wasn't because it's an idea I'm trying from scratch.  However, it's figured out.  I just need to make sure I have long enough nails for a specific piece.

-----

Ok!  It's been too long since I updated this.  Writing a lot lately.

As I mentioned to the Man of Tate and T2; I made an awesome new meal.

Batch cooking this week consisted of: apple chicken sausages, ground sausage&onions& garlic&spinach, teriyaki pineapple chicken, and the big one: stroganoff.

I made a new recipe from scratch- Whole 30 beef stroganoff.  And I also tried making cauliflower rice without reading how the hell to do it cuz I'm smart like that.

See, I love stroganoff but I never ate it because my ex hated it.  I decided I would wing this completely.  I looked up what usually goes in stroganoff and found recipes varied.  I said 'screw it, I'm doing this myself.'  Trial and error time.  Well this trial was a success.  I tried one of the asian market coconut creams.  Oh god yes.  Half the cost and the can was bigger and way more cream than water.  This alone is a great success and I didn't even get into the better ratio cans. 

Beef stroganoff uses sour cream and mushrooms; along with some tomato and spices.  My idea - sour cream can be made paleo with coconut cream and something with some acid; like lemon.  That also would help break down the meat.  Hrmm...  I decided to cut up some onions and mash some mushrooms into little bits.  Added garlic and a small can of tomato basil sauce.  Then, I omitted the coconut for now.  Instead, I added some lemon juice and some pineapple juice.  I figure the beef chunks could cook in the crockpot with the fruit acidity to break down and soften up; then I would add the coconut cream later.  10 hours later - it's all cooked in the pot, I add the cream, stir it all up.  Meat falls apart.

For the cauliflower rice, I knew you needed a cheesecloth or some shit. I just took a whole head of cauliflower and minced into and then threw it in the wok with some water. I boiled it until the water all burned off.  I was left with cauliflower rice.  I also use those little kabob skewers to stir all my stuff nowadays.

Don't tell me how to cook, WORLD.  If I want pineapple in my stroganoff and boil my cauliflower rice with a wooden stick, I'll fucking do it.

The result:

stroganoff_zpsjycy5ajp.jpg

Deliciousiocity

• Like 7

Don't tell me how to cook, WORLD.  If I want pineapple in my stroganoff and boil my cauliflower rice with a wooden stick, I'll fucking do it.

Deliciousiocity

16389950.gif

You tell em Teros! ;)

YAY  awesome cooking! :triumphant:

now I'm hungry...... :P

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

The result:

Deliciousiocity

This shall be a new word. So I decree it. (I dont care Im not running the world yet. My decrees shall take hold dang it!)

• Like 3

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

The result:  Deliciousiocity

Some of my best recipes have come from "let's try this?", just remember to write down what DOES work and what DOESN'T, because right now I'm sure you think you'll never forget... but 6 months from now... <g>

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Some of my best recipes have come from "let's try this?", just remember to write down what DOES work and what DOESN'T, because right now I'm sure you think you'll never forget... but 6 months from now... <g>

Oh I hate when that happens!!

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

now I'm hungry...... :tongue:

Pics this week will make it worse.  Hopefully you've eaten in the past 2 days.

This shall be a new word. So I decree it. (I dont care Im not running the world yet. My decrees shall take hold dang it!)

As long as I get that damn sash. ;)

+

Oh I hate when that happens!!

You're right.  I used pineapple juice in this.

That's how recipe books get written mmmm stroganoff.

It's sooooo good.  What I made in the crockpot this weekend is just as good.  So much food!

You definitely have a fan club, Teros. I've been in that club for a whiiiiiile. 

Keep on being super awesome :)

Ugqxb.jpg

---

Got some more project done. Not a lot to report.  Also did a strength workout this weekend.

I'm taking a short break from walking because I quite literally have blisters ON my blisters.  I didn't think that was possible, but yes; I have blisterception.

Stuck with the banana shakes this weekend. I think I have a new flavor for tomorrow.

I'll also have food pic posted because of the miniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii this week.

Hrm, what did I do this weekend that I can post about besides the usual?

Oh, I bought a hook and chains for a planter. Now my aloe plant is hanging in front of the window, which means I could move the stupid stool that was there.  I ordered window blinds and should be getting those in shortly.  Got some spray paint so I can clean up something.  I did some price estimation for one of the projects.  I also took measurements so that way I can get the lumber this week.  I'm thinking that I might just do this on Thanksgiving or something.  Not sure yet.

What I need to do is write down a list of things I need to buy and just buy them all.  Oh jeez, I also need to set an appointment for something and order some medical thing too.  BLUGH too many things to dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  I feel like if I had 20 bucks; I should pay a receptionist to nag me nonstop so I can do everything in a couple of days.
  • Like 7

As long as I get that damn sash. ;)

What I need to do is write down a list of things I need to buy and just buy them all.  Oh jeez, I also need to set an appointment for something and order some medical thing too.  BLUGH too many things to dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  I feel like if I had 20 bucks; I should pay a receptionist to nag me nonstop so I can do everything in a couple of days.

And cape even. And kilt. Its all or nothing!

You should hire someone to just organize your life for you. At 2pm you have to be here. Class is at such and such time. Cooking is reserved for this time. Time witht he dogs at this time and friends coming over this time. That or start trafficking in slaves and get one for yourself.

• Like 5

Level 2 Elf Ranger

My Current Challenge

My Battle Log

Happy Thanksgiving Teros!

:cheerful: :cheerful: :cheerful:

Hope you have a nice, relaxing day. :)

• Like 3

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

And cape even. And kilt. Its all or nothing!

Wow, so sash, cape, and kilt?  And I would assume a matching hair band/bandana-type thing if my hair if down.

Hey Teros!  I took a leaf from your book this week and got creative with my Protein shake by mixing mashed bananas and coconut milk with double-chocolate powder.  Delish.

Heeeeeeeeeeey-o.  Good to see you commenting.  Is it the unflavored, dark powder or something else?  I currently have a tiny box of 100% pure cocoa.  Problem was canceling the bitterness out but with the babyfood idea; that would probably be negated.

Happy Thanksgiving Teros!

:cheerful: :cheerful: :cheerful:

Hope you have a nice, relaxing day. :)

You mean working on my project? Yup. Sure did.

I will nag you and you don't even have to pay me!

:P

*hug*

----

Alrighty, things that are going on. Did a sledge strength workout since I last posted.

20x2 Gravediggers

20 Butter churn

20x2 Gravediggers

20 Butter churn

15 pushups

20 Bicep curls

20 Tricep pulldowns

20 Rows

30 (25) Shrugs

10 (45) Shrugs

I'm just biding my time until construction begins.  I can't WAIT for school to be over with.  The waiting has been irritating me for months.  I think things would have played out a lot different if I just had more time before school started.  I'm treating what's going on with me as great leaps forward.  For the Phoenix Project, I had the first great leap when it started - back when I had 3 weeks to get as much as humanly possible done.  The 2nd great leap will happen once classes are over which is..... *looks at calendar* 2.5 weeks.  Oh god, 2.5 weeks to get everything else done.

There have been 2 major things that need to get done: Group Project and Research Paper.  Group project is DUE this upcoming Tuesday.  Some backstory- last saturday, I saw that still no one was doing anything.  There was a google document that had 16 page's worth of notes and suggestions. Things like 'really paint a vivid picture of what it's like to have a disability'.

...What's that?  Am I supposed to read that to the class?  Is that information?  am I suppose to come up with this shit when I stand up in front of the whole room?  What.  Seriously.  Is.  THIS?

Our topic: How adults with developmental disabilities are oppressed.

Our group:  Me, Dan, Konstantine, and Kate.

I was so irritated that I just told them what I'm doing and a big 'figure it the fuck out'.  Of course, I'm polite so I wrote:

fyi- it’s mike - i’m presenting questions #1 and #5.  I’m cleaning up those questions and if someone wants to make a new doc, I can post what I’m presenting.  Basically, it’s a small paper on each thing.  if you think there should be other sources in there that are NOT in there once I’m done with this (tues before class), then just dump it at the end of the new document (likewise I will also add sources if they help answer other questions).

since we talked about alternating who’s presenting, i think that’s seems about right.  someone does 1+5, 2+6, 3+7, 4+8.  that leaves #9 open for whoever wants to present that and hit the home run.. like I said, no one else is calling it so i’m claiming 1+5 so i’ll be brave and open the project for us.

sidenote: I think that the Children of Darkness clip should be a transitional part between 5 and 6. so like, I’ll finish presenting 5 and then say ‘this is how they were treated’ *play clip* whoever does #6 starts after the clip.  it would be a good mid-break for the presentation.

---

This past Tuesday, we talked and there was confusion.  Konstantine kept talking about the slides, 'how many slides do we have? What do we want on the slides? We need to sound natural. We're gonna kill this!  I think we need to hit the time limit perfectly.  What do we do with the sources?  How do we collect them all?  What about the handout? I think the video clip should like..I don't know maybe around the middle? And i think the tiers information for question one might be better for -'

STAHP.jpg

I told him to shut up - politely.  "You're overthinking this. We don't have base information so we can't deal with any of those things and that stuff is figured out in a couple of minutes once we have the questions answered."

I had talked to Dan a few weeks ago and he told me 'I don't have any confidence in this group and idk what the fuck I'm even supposed to be doing at all.  We just have a document with notes on it and Konstantine keeps saying we're doing great when we're not.'  I knew this before I wrote the red note, so I knew he would side with me when I was going to bring everything to a head. 

Time to dethrone the self-appointed leader.

I explained that we now have an 18 page clusterfuck of suggestions and notes.  I told Kate to make a new google document and said that will be our 'distilled' project - all of the small essays go there.  Saturday, we all meet at the school.

Konstantine, "But is it open?  Do they have the conference rooms? Do they have hours posted or..Aight, maybe we should meet up at the other building but maybe it's not open and-"

Me, "No.  We meet at the bench we always sit at and then, AS A GROUP, we find a place to do this.  Worst case scenario, we carpool and find a coffee place. Done."

After 20 minutes of wrangling everyone, Dan being befuddled, Konstantine never shutting up and confusing things, and Kate panicking because she was desperately trying to answer all of Konstantine's overhyped questions.

I think I felt bad for Kate most of all.  Dan would shrug and seemed to be a little more indifferent.  Konstantine was confident and blabbing. But Kate?  Kate was noticeably getting nervous the more that Konstantine talked.  I shut them all up, laid out the plan, told them when it should be due, split it up accordingly, and let them know that the next step will be AFTER we get the bulk work done.  Dan jumped on board.  Kate took a couple of tries to explain because, I swear to god, Konstantine doesn't know how to shut up.  He was talking loudly AT her and I was on the other side of her and she kept turning her head to listen to us both because Konstantine never learned what listening was since he kept talking as I was already answering his questions.

He's that guy.  You know.  The one that makes lots of suggestions and say that we're going to do great, and wants to be in charge, but doesn't take charge or have any fucking clue what he's doing but because he's the loudest one, people think he's in charge.  Talks the talk but can't walk the walk.  That guy.

Konstantine kept saying he was confused.  Well, buddy, if you took roughly 40 seconds to read my red note; you wouldn't be.

1)Pick 2 questions

2)Write a small paper on them

3)Cite two sources

4)Post it on the group document

5)Have is done by Saturday

When we meet up saturday:

6)Those papers are what you read during the presentation

7)The intro sentences of your paragraphs of the paper are what will be put on the slides

8)Those same sentences will be bullet points and use for the handout that we give to classmates

9)The sources each of us used will be copy+pasted into 1 document and given to the teacher as our list of sources

10) DONE with a few days to spare.  I had to seriously re-word the above for a solid 20 minutes.

By the end of it, Dan was 100% clear and kept calling me 'a fucking savior'.  "You're the all-star, Mike."

Then Kate understood and as Konstantine kept droning on, Kate made him shut up, listened to me, and then parroted back what I was saying to him.  Then Konstantine started apologizing and saying that he just wanted to make sure the project was good.

I wrangled the 3 of them, we're all on the same page, put a plan, direction, timeline, and goal.  All 3 apologized to me and kept thanking me and saying I was the best.

Then an hour later, I got a text from Kate:

"your the best thanks.  thanks for being patient with the whole group this thing I know we're just all over the place and you had to repeat yourself so many times.  really thank you for keeping a level head and just like telling it how it is hahaha. you put what we all had to do perfectly and it was great. just thanks."

:rolleyes:

:redface:

I went Black Friday shopping!  First time in my life.  I wanted to see if I could get away with punching someone among the holiday chaos.  I don't have anything to wear for winter.  At all. No sweatshirt, no jacket, no pants.  I have 1 pair of jeans.  1 pair of black khakis/cargo pants (insanely rare to find for some reason) that don't fit me yet.  1 pair of shorts, and 1 pair of old mesh shorts for working out.  However, the mesh shorts have the inner lining ripped to shreds and mostly gone; and there's a tear in the crotch. I can put my fist through it.  It's the inner seam so if you were eyeing me there, ;)  it would look fine.  But if I sat down and spread my legs at all; someone's getting a free show.   For tops, I have a few t-shirts and my flannel short-sleeve overshirt which is really thin.  40 degrees out when it's dark out and class is getting out around 8pm?  That's what I got on - shorts, t-shirt, paper-thin overshirt.  What do I go to bed in?  shorts, t-shirt, paper-thin overshirt.

I desperately needed to get some clothes.  I had been losing weight steadily enough that I didn't want to buy anything.  What would the point be in buying new pants only to have them fall off in 3 months?  Waste.  Especially since I was still shopping at 'fat people' stores.  DXL- Destination Extra Large is a chain around here and overweight clothes are fucking pricey.  $50+ for 1 pair of jeans?  If I got the same size at a 'normal store' it would be $25-30.  That's fucking insane.

The point is that I don't have any transitional clothes.  Then the Project where I burned or donated everything else basically left me with less than 1 basket-worth for an entire wardrobe.  How many drawers do you have to put your clothes in?  I could put every article of clothes and wash them in 1 load of laundry.

I checked online for a few minutes and was looking around. I knew I needed the following:
1) A jacket
2) Comfy soft pants
3) New workout shorts

After 20 minutes of clicking around, I figured I would go out first thing this morning and see what happened. 

I hit up Bob's first.  Clothing place I haven't been in for years.  I look around.  No jackets.  Bleh.  They have 1 super 'cool guy' jacket with zippers and it has a beat up look - like 'Oh check me out, I smoke cigarettes because I'm Joe Cool.'

No thanks.  Not what I'm looking for.  I look more and then I find the athletic section.  I see some 'breathable' workout shorts.  I try them on.  *gasp*  They fit? They FIT?  I can buy these here? Average people clothes for average amount of money!? squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I then hit up JCPenny.  Jacket or comfy shorts. C'mon jacket and comfy shorts.

Oh, what's this?  JCPenny has a $180 dollar black faux leather jacket...

..for only $59?  I try it on.  It fits.  IT FITS!?

oh-my-god.gif

I didn't even need to get the biggest size they were selling.  I'm almost foaming at the mouth with joy.

Inside my head, I'm dancing and doing the robot.  On the outside, I'm casually asking the cashier what the return policy is like.

This feels like robbery and I love it.  Only need to find comfy pants but at this rate, the #1 priority was jacket. #2 was workout shorts.  Less than an hour and this is already the best shopping experience of my life.  Front row parking at both places too!

I hit up Target.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for more jackets and workout shorts, just in case.  There's neither. But there are black fleece pants.  I try them on.  Oh goooooooooooood.  It feels like I'm standing in a bag filled with kittens.  I realizing I'm petting my own leg and change back.  I got what I needed!  3 for 3! 

Now to look at one last item that I've been meaning to get - incense.  I go to the oriental knick-knacks place in the mall. They have a cool pagan incense stick lighter and a handful of different smells.  'Breeze'?  No.  'Fairies'?  I'm not even bothering to smell it.  Then I see a red tube.  Cherry vanilla.  I take a huge whiff.  I want to drool.  15 sticks for a couple bucks.  I find some other things for people and pick them up.  Then I head to Newbury comics and I find some cool little things.  Lastly, I check out 'The Pit' which has furniture that has been dinged here or there so they mark it down by 100 bucks or more.  Didn't find what I was looking for.  No matter.  I got a steal for a jacket, and everything else was 50% off as well. And no crowds. I was shocked.  I hear all these horror stories about black friday and people getting trampled.

I have the bulk of my part of the group project done. I did shopping which was a foreign feeling.  Wins all around.  Now if I can just actually be on here...
  • Like 11

----

Alrighty, things that are going on. Did a sledge strength workout since I last posted.

20x2 Gravediggers

20 Butter churn

20x2 Gravediggers

20 Butter churn

15 pushups

20 Bicep curls

20 Tricep pulldowns

20 Rows

30 (25) Shrugs

10 (45) Shrugs

I'm just biding my time until construction begins.  I can't WAIT for school to be over with.  The waiting has been irritating me for months.  I think things would have played out a lot different if I just had more time before school started.  I'm treating what's going on with me as great leaps forward.  For the Phoenix Project, I had the first great leap when it started - back when I had 3 weeks to get as much as humanly possible done.  The 2nd great leap will happen once classes are over which is..... *looks at calendar* 2.5 weeks.  Oh god, 2.5 weeks to get everything else done.

There have been 2 major things that need to get done: Group Project and Research Paper.  Group project is DUE this upcoming Tuesday.  Some backstory- last saturday, I saw that still no one was doing anything.  There was a google document that had 16 page's worth of notes and suggestions. Things like 'really paint a vivid picture of what it's like to have a disability'.

...What's that?  Am I supposed to read that to the class?  Is that information?  am I suppose to come up with this shit when I stand up in front of the whole room?  What.  Seriously.  Is.  THIS?

Our topic: How adults with developmental disabilities are oppressed.

Our group:  Me, Dan, Konstantine, and Kate.

I was so irritated that I just told them what I'm doing and a big 'figure it the fuck out'.  Of course, I'm polite so I wrote:

fyi- it’s mike - i’m presenting questions #1 and #5.  I’m cleaning up those questions and if someone wants to make a new doc, I can post what I’m presenting.  Basically, it’s a small paper on each thing.  if you think there should be other sources in there that are NOT in there once I’m done with this (tues before class), then just dump it at the end of the new document (likewise I will also add sources if they help answer other questions).

since we talked about alternating who’s presenting, i think that’s seems about right.  someone does 1+5, 2+6, 3+7, 4+8.  that leaves #9 open for whoever wants to present that and hit the home run.. like I said, no one else is calling it so i’m claiming 1+5 so i’ll be brave and open the project for us.

sidenote: I think that the Children of Darkness clip should be a transitional part between 5 and 6. so like, I’ll finish presenting 5 and then say ‘this is how they were treated’ *play clip* whoever does #6 starts after the clip.  it would be a good mid-break for the presentation.

---

This past Tuesday, we talked and there was confusion.  Konstantine kept talking about the slides, 'how many slides do we have? What do we want on the slides? We need to sound natural. We're gonna kill this!  I think we need to hit the time limit perfectly.  What do we do with the sources?  How do we collect them all?  What about the handout? I think the video clip should like..I don't know maybe around the middle? And i think the tiers information for question one might be better for -'

STAHP.jpg

I told him to shut up - politely.  "You're overthinking this. We don't have base information so we can't deal with any of those things and that stuff is figured out in a couple of minutes once we have the questions answered."

I had talked to Dan a few weeks ago and he told me 'I don't have any confidence in this group and idk what the fuck I'm even supposed to be doing at all.  We just have a document with notes on it and Konstantine keeps saying we're doing great when we're not.'  I knew this before I wrote the red note, so I knew he would side with me when I was going to bring everything to a head. 

Time to dethrone the self-appointed leader.

I explained that we now have an 18 page clusterfuck of suggestions and notes.  I told Kate to make a new google document and said that will be our 'distilled' project - all of the small essays go there.  Saturday, we all meet at the school.

Konstantine, "But is it open?  Do they have the conference rooms? Do they have hours posted or..Aight, maybe we should meet up at the other building but maybe it's not open and-"

Me, "No.  We meet at the bench we always sit at and then, AS A GROUP, we find a place to do this.  Worst case scenario, we carpool and find a coffee place. Done."

After 20 minutes of wrangling everyone, Dan being befuddled, Konstantine never shutting up and confusing things, and Kate panicking because she was desperately trying to answer all of Konstantine's overhyped questions.

I think I felt bad for Kate most of all.  Dan would shrug and seemed to be a little more indifferent.  Konstantine was confident and blabbing. But Kate?  Kate was noticeably getting nervous the more that Konstantine talked.  I shut them all up, laid out the plan, told them when it should be due, split it up accordingly, and let them know that the next step will be AFTER we get the bulk work done.  Dan jumped on board.  Kate took a couple of tries to explain because, I swear to god, Konstantine doesn't know how to shut up.  He was talking loudly AT her and I was on the other side of her and she kept turning her head to listen to us both because Konstantine never learned what listening was since he kept talking as I was already answering his questions.

He's that guy.  You know.  The one that makes lots of suggestions and say that we're going to do great, and wants to be in charge, but doesn't take charge or have any fucking clue what he's doing but because he's the loudest one, people think he's in charge.  Talks the talk but can't walk the walk.  That guy.

Konstantine kept saying he was confused.  Well, buddy, if you took roughly 40 seconds to read my red note; you wouldn't be.

1)Pick 2 questions

2)Write a small paper on them

3)Cite two sources

4)Post it on the group document

5)Have is done by Saturday

When we meet up saturday:

6)Those papers are what you read during the presentation

7)The intro sentences of your paragraphs of the paper are what will be put on the slides

8)Those same sentences will be bullet points and use for the handout that we give to classmates

9)The sources each of us used will be copy+pasted into 1 document and given to the teacher as our list of sources

10) DONE with a few days to spare.  I had to seriously re-word the above for a solid 20 minutes.

By the end of it, Dan was 100% clear and kept calling me 'a fucking savior'.  "You're the all-star, Mike."

Then Kate understood and as Konstantine kept droning on, Kate made him shut up, listened to me, and then parroted back what I was saying to him.  Then Konstantine started apologizing and saying that he just wanted to make sure the project was good.

I wrangled the 3 of them, we're all on the same page, put a plan, direction, timeline, and goal.  All 3 apologized to me and kept thanking me and saying I was the best.

Then an hour later, I got a text from Kate:

"your the best thanks.  thanks for being patient with the whole group this thing I know we're just all over the place and you had to repeat yourself so many times.  really thank you for keeping a level head and just like telling it how it is hahaha. you put what we all had to do perfectly and it was great. just thanks."

:rolleyes:

:redface:

You....didn't kill Konstantine? Im sure I would have literally put my hand over his mouth and been like Shush! Just...shut. it. For. one. minute.At least it's almost all over. Just 2.5 weeks and you can breathe. Until next semester. lol Sure, a plaid bandana! And scrunchie. Totally rock a plaid scrunchie!! :playful:

• Like 3

Level 2 Elf Ranger

My Current Challenge

My Battle Log

Now to look at one last item that I've been meaning to get - incense.  I go to the oriental knick-knacks place in the mall. They have a cool pagan incense stick lighter and a handful of different smells.  

You lost me here...I love these kinds of stores, good thing you put it at the end :P

Im sure I would have literally put my hand over his mouth and been like Shush! 

if someone did that to me I'd lick them...js

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hey buddy, I know I owe you a PM, hope to get to it soon.

Black Friday isn't the same up here in Canada like it is for you guys. I'll be honest, us Canadians just love watching the news on Black Friday where they show a bunch of clips from fights over TV's, crazy line-ups etc... down in the states. We just sit back and chuckle at our neighbours to the south.

Sucks that you have to pull rank and shepherd your school group along. I know you're more than capable, but still not fair to you.  

• Like 4

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I have the bulk of my part of the group project done. I did shopping which was a foreign feeling.  Wins all around.  Now if I can just actually be on here...

tumblr_m61utx1PGM1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Despite the insanity of the project you have kicked serious butt sir! :D

Hey, one goal at a time, you're rockin this. ;)

• Like 3

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Heeeeeeeeeeey-o.  Good to see you commenting.  Is it the unflavored, dark powder or something else?  I currently have a tiny box of 100% pure cocoa.  Problem was canceling the bitterness out but with the babyfood idea; that would probably be negated.

Ah, I forgot to write "protein".  I used double-chocolate Protein Powder - Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Brand.  It's a delicious flavor.  I do have some pure cocoa powder that I use in baking sometimes, but it is really bitter if I don't add something to sweeten it.

Nice job handling your annoying teammate.  Team projects at school are often interesting experiences.  I remember a project where I had a guy on the team who was obviously very smart, but was so focused on vague ideas and concepts that it was a chore to get him to work on the actual project deliverable.  "Yes Chris, that's an interesting philosophical idea you have, but we need to present something tangible to the professor, not go up and ramble about our ideas for half an hour"

• Like 2

Sky Pirate Monk

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

NF Character

Battle Log

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit - Vyse the Blue Rogue

The real black friday action happens when places first open.  Usually walmart, target, bestbuy type places.  A few hours later, it can still get crazy, but usually not to the levels they were in the morning.

And finding out "normal" stuff fits.  Best feeling. :)

• Like 3