• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

Fonzico <3s Kettlebells Pt 2

Holy cow that's a lot of protein. Adult coloring sound amazing. Is it a bunch of grownups with coloring books and crayons?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Haha that's what happens when you eat beef, chicken, and then more beef all day!

And I certainly hope so, although I actually have no idea what I'm in for - but it sounded like fun!

Week One Day Two:

Calories: 1280 Carbs: 77 Protein: 106

Workout: Rest Day

Crafting: None

Cleaning: None

Well this doesn't look like a very productive day, judging by my goals! Entirely expected however. The evening was occupied with grocery shopping, supper making, and studying.

The grocery shopping included buying a big ass pork shoulder which will be slow cooked for pulled pork tomorrow; this fact makes me very pleased.

Unfortunately I'll be missing out on adult colouring night Thursday. We're having dinner at my in laws, in honor of my late brother-in-law's birthday.

• Like 3

I am going to have to put all food talk behind spoilers while you're cutting! Now I just have to figure out how to do that...

Nah dont worry about it! I'll deal. Making mental notes, always wanted to try making pulled pork. I'll have to bug you for the recipe at the end of the challenge :)

Nah dont worry about it! I'll deal. Making mental notes, always wanted to try making pulled pork. I'll have to bug you for the recipe at the end of the challenge :)

It's so easy, it's barely a recipe. I'll wait to get into the detail until you can actually make it though! :D

Week One Day Three:

Calories: 1787 Carbs: 92g Protein: 123g

Workout: Kettlebells

Crafting: None

Kettlebell class was good - maybe not as rigorous as usual, but still got the heart rate up and the sweat flowing.

On that note, I'm starting to suspect my hair was absorbing a LOT of sweat, because I am noticing in just pouring off my head now that my hair is short!

Pork was delicious. It's really hard to mess up though - It's always delicious. I would probably make it more, but it's a little pricey.

I still have one chapter left to study for tomorrow, but my brain is done for tonight, so off to bed for me.

• Like 3

Good job on the workouts. I have to wear a headband of some kind during workouts because if I don't so much sweat will go into my eyes that salt civilizations start to form.

I think I'm going to have to take your advice here. Ala:

fitness-work-out-80s-exercise-gif.gif

I'm back and marvelling at your kettle belling and your haircut!

Skywalker! Welcome back! I shall find your thread :)

• Like 3

Not much to report for Day Four.

Today was my (ugh, I don't know what to call it! I hate the term cheat day. Refeed day sounds more deliberate than it is though. My planned overage day? I dunno.)

Anyways, even with going to dinner at the in laws, and having a little dessert, I was just a couple hundred calories over, and like 35g of carbs, which is right where I want to be. The trick now is meeting my metrics all weekend

I snagged some roast beef, carrots and horseradishy potato leftovers for lunch tomorrow though.

I did actually get a little crafting work done tonight too - although I unraveled what I had done so far on the chihuahua, so I'm further behind. It wasn't working though. I don't know if the pattern I was following was bunk or (more likely) I wasn't executing it properly, but after trying twice and it still looked messed up, I gave up, and am now attempting to make my own pattern. It's not perfect, but I think it's working a little better anyways.

I'll post pics once it starts looking like something.

• Like 2

I saw it called a celebration! Or you could call it a yayfood day lol.

Sounds like your week is going well. My sweat gets out of control too bahaha. Yeah I love the nom nom paleo Kahlua pork but every time I buy the butt (from whole foods, admittedly) I wince. Thankfully, pork belly is reasonably priced

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yayriancebration Day it is! Lol okay maybe that's a little unwieldy.

I like yayfood - it doesn't have the negative connotation of a 'cheat', but it does suggest that I will be enjoying going over my goals. Or maybe mmmfood.

Because that's something I actually say a lot.

I am SO glad it's Friday! And I have no commitments tonight, so I will get some work done on my other goals - I like to think I'll clean, but really I have no problem with TV and crocheting if that's what happens :)

Tomorrow I have to go in to work, as I'm manning our department's open house booth, which basically just means helping people fill out applications. I don't mind, actually, it'll be a change of pace and I get to take the time off in lieu.

Then I'm going out for appetizers and drinks with some girlfriends - that will be a bit of a challenge, metric-wise, but I'll be sure to plan ahead :)

• Like 1

Just catching up with all your fun stuff.  The haircut is dramatic but amazing.  When I was in my twenties, I went from long-enough-to-sit on to a pixie cut.  When folks asked my husband what he thought, he'd say "I think it's her hair".  He was a Marine, so I never really wanted to share his haircut. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Laureleye! I'm so glad you're back :)

Week One Day Five:

Calories: 1942 Carbs: 114 Protein: 146

Workout: None

Crafting: Crocheted

MFP tells me I ate too much, but since I felt genuinely hungry and it wasn't just mindless snacking, I'm not terribly worried about it.

I used the leftover pork to make some very delicious and quite healthy Asian inspired soup - using the beef broth the pork was slow cooked in, plus bean sprouts, cabbage, carrots, greens, green onion and cilantro, and a little bit of rice noodles. And LOTS of chili garlic paste.

There's still a bowl left for me to take for lunch today too.

I'm going to go get my yoga session in before work now!

• Like 1

So yoga was a bust - my internet was acting up about 10 mins in, and it wouldn't stream. And I haven't downloaded the videos yet - I really need to do that.. Oh well, I'll try again later. Might have to be tomorrow though.

So I took some progress pics today - I took some near the end of July, and while I'm maybe 2 or 3 lbs lighter now, I think I see a difference beyond that. I'm not sure if I want to post them now though, or at the end of the challenge.

Whoo hoo, progress! Boo yoga drama!

Sent on dragon wing

Indeed. And this reminds me that I still need to finish my yoga today...

Just dropping by to say OH MY GOD YOUR HAIR LOOKS AWESOME!

And now let me actually go catch-up and read posts.

Thank you!!

I have been working mah buttocks off today, doing some serious domestic rangering.

I'm trying to make it a rule that baseline tidying needs to happen before working on the larger projects, since doing one at the expense of the other isn't really helpful.

So I brought the kitchen and living room to a reasonable level of cleanliness, and then tackled the laundry room.

I forgot to take before pics (but it was pretty bad, I might not have shown you even if I did), although I did take a mid-cleaning photo:

5a5bf76be127fefce17ddba42ec330ef.jpg

I mean, it's going to be an ugly room, no matter what I do. It's unfinished, and whoever owned it before our landlord did thought he was a handyman, but was a totally hack and there's these totally awful DIY jobs all through the basement.

But I had random canned food hanging out, a makeshift paint booth comprised of cardboard and drop clothes, and a fine layer of dryer lint covering everything.

I think you'll agree this is an improvement:

a2f10dcf125a15a93bef1916deb3949e.jpg

(I'm sitting on the dryer to take this, and the washing machine is to my left. In case you're wondering why our laundry room doesn't appear to have clothes washing apparatus )

The hubs also helped knock a couple items off my list, by hanging the curtain for the basement bathroom door, and changing the lightbulbs downstairs. Just need to put fresh ones in the dining room, and that task will be complete too :)

The unfortunate thing is the room just outside the laundry now looks like a war zone. So I need to deal with that still, or else this is just a case of moving the mess.

• Like 4

Week One Day Six:
Calories: 1780 Carbs: 92 Protein: 112
Workout: Attempted to yoga, but was foiled - got 10 mins in at least?

I'm really please with the metric situation here, especially since the "lunch" they served at the open house was... tacos in a bag. And also I went out for dinner and drinks - but I got these cashew chicken lettuce wraps (win!) and just two drinks. All good. 

Week One Day Seven:

Calories: 1776 Carbs: 96 Protein: 95
Workout: NF Yoga Fire Session B
Cleaning: So much! Laundry Room done! Curtain Hung! Some lightbulbs changed! Plus general tidying and laundry. And I DID clean up the spill over mess from the laundry room also. 

Yoga was great - I was feeling very strong in the poses. I quite enjoyed this session - first time I've done Fire B. I'm also happy with how intensely productive I was today - although there may have been a nap with the kitties involved at one point :) I keep being taken aback whenever I walk into the laundry room though, it looks like a totally different place. Now to let it spread to the rest of the house! 

• Like 1

Goal One: Workout +2STR +2END +1DEX

Kettlebells 2x per week

NF yoga 1x per week

for: 3 pts per week

A : 18pts+    B : 15pts+   C : 12pts+    D : 9pts+   F : <9pts

A (3/3pts) : 2 kettlebell classes and 1 NF yoga session.

Goal Two: Metrics +2CON +2CHA

Calories: 1400 - 1800 per day

Carbs: <100g per day

Protein: >80g per day

All of the above, 6/7 days per week. 1 pt per item per day.

A : 105pts   B : 95pts+   C : 85pts+    D :75pts+   F : <75pts

A- (17/18pts) : Pretty good! Flirting with upper limits most days though. But on the other hand, I've felt genuinely hungry lately, and haven't been binge snacking. Further monitoring required. 

Goal Three: Crafting! +1WIS +1CHA +1END

Near the end of the last challenge, I started learning to make amigurumi, and that is what all the little ones will be getting for Christmas! I also have to finish crocheting a blanket that I started almost a year ago, which is also a present for a little one. If I'm excessively productive though, I'll make her a stuffy too, and save the blanket for her birthday.

Complete one project per week:

A : 6   B : 5   C : 4   D : 3   F : 2 or less

F (0/1pts) : While I definitely worked on this - the puppy has a snout and one ear, and most of a head, and I worked many rows on the blanket - I did not actually complete anything. I did order a ton of safety eyes and noses online though, since apparently they can't be found in town :/

Goal Four: +2WIS +1END

Organize my freaking house. Choose your own adventure style:

1. Finish cleaning/organizing craft/cat room (it's ALMOST done, but has been sitting in its unfinished state for weeks now) (15pts)

2. Bedroom (Achieved this a few challenges ago, but it's majorly slipped) (20pts)

3. Purge the basement! Get rid of:

- Extra couch (20pts)

- Random collection of boxes (10pts)

- Leftover sheets of drywall (10pts)

4. Clean and organize laundry room/food storage (20pts)

5. Change all the damn burnt out lightbulbs. (10pts)

6. Put up curtain to separate fridge/bathroom area in basement. (10pts)

7. Deal with all the crap piled in the "dining room" (20pts)

8. Tidy storage area. This got deepcleaned about a year ago, but it's gotten a little unorganized since (10pts)

Aiming for about 20 pts per week. I may add to this list as we go. 

A : 120pts  B : 100pts  C : 80pts  D : 60pts  F :40pts or less

A+ (30/20pts) : Whoohoo! Getting a head start on things FTW! I'm totally counting stuff my husband does from this list too - it's a team effort. He was the one who hung the curtain rod, and he'll be the one dealing with item 3 and probably 5. Don't worry, I'll find more for myself to do if necessary :) The key here is breaking down the monumental task into achievable pieces, and having the motivation to actually do them. Which the challenge is perfect for. 

All in all, a great week, despite a solitary "F". I did what needed to be done, and I'll be more than pleased if I can repeat this week again!

• Like 2

Laundry looks awesome. It's easy for these types of rooms to ed up collecting the junk!

You seem to be enjoying the NF yoga. I can't be motivated to exercise at home but I have started a very small yoga/stretching routine in the mornings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Laundry looks awesome. It's easy for these types of rooms to ed up collecting the junk!

You seem to be enjoying the NF yoga. I can't be motivated to exercise at home but I have started a very small yoga/stretching routine in the mornings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a lot of trouble being motivated to work out at home too. It probably wouldn't work if it was more than 1/3 of my workout schedule.

I DO really like NF yoga though - it's not replacement for a class, especially for learning yoga to begin with, but they're great videos - easy to follow along without looking up to much, and just challenging enough. I was always trying to find free online videos, and being frustrated half way through when they weren't what I was hoping for.

• Like 1

Week Two Day One:

Calories: 1686 Carbs: 68 Protein: 90

Workout: None

Crafting: um.. I made myself a wrap bracelet, which is technically crafting, but not on the list. Maybe I won't keep it for myself, and then it can count

Good food day! Unfortunately the leftovers were slim, so I'm not totally sure what's for brunch today. I'm done early today though, so I just need enough to get me by to 1:30ish.

Kettlebells tonight! I actually have some unexpected DOMS from that yoga session on Sunday -I guess it really was a good one! My shoulders, abs and the muscles over my ribs are feeling it.

Here's the bracelet I made - isn't it pretty?

941a5ca4fe5abd1510100f77afee5845.jpg

• Like 4