The Curious Cat Chronicles: Chapter One

CuriousCat

The Curious Cat Chronicles: Chapter One

The door swung closed behind her as she stepped outside. Her eyes squinted in the sudden sunlight, and she brought her hand to her face to shade them. Too long spent indoors, Cat thought to herself. She stretched out neglected muscles, felt the tension in her neck and back releasing in percussive unison. Too long spent on dusty papers…  Months she had spent nursing old wounds, and looking for answers – but finally, when Cat had all but given up hope, the call came. It was time. There was a long road ahead, and she was not even close to ready to being ready for what was at the end of it. But for now all she had to do was put one foot in front of the other...

The Main Quest 

The main quest for the ever Curious Cat is to enter the Oxfam Trailwalker event in 2016. Held from the 2-4th of September, this is a fundraising uberwalk of 100km to be completed in less than 48 hours, in teams of 4. (More information - https://trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/sydney/)  But there's a long way and a lot of ground to cover before being ready for that. Not to mention convincing three other people to be crazy enough to complete it with her. 

Challenge 1

The first challenge is simply to walk - it's the only way to get where she needs to go.

Over the course of the next six weeks, the Curious Cat will walk half a million steps - an average of about twelve thousand a day

A - 100% - 500,000+ steps

B - 75% - 375,000+ steps

C - 50% - 250,000+ steps

D - 25% - 125,000+ steps

F - 0% - 0+ steps

Challenge 2

But sometimes the Curious Cat might need to move faster than a walk - either to escape from danger, or to help her friends.

For this, she must be learn to run great distances. For this challenge, she will complete the first 6 weeks of the C25K program, which means a running session 3 times a week. Dante, her long legged canine companion, will also come along for the ride on this challenge.

A - 100% - 18+ sessions

B - 75% - 14+ sessions

C - 50% - 9+ sessions

D - 25% -5+ sessions

F - 0% - less than 5 sessions

Challenge 3

Sometimes, though, running is not an option, and she must stand and fight. For that she must practice her combat techniques, and build up strength.

For this challenge, she will do a session of strength and/or combat training 5 times a week. This will include sessions of body-weight, free-weights, archery or sword fighting.

A - 100% - 30+ sessions

B - 75% - 23+ sessions

C - 50% - 15+ sessions

D - 25% -8+ sessions

F - 0% - less than 8 sessions

BONUS Life Challenge

But training her body is not enough on its own. The Curious Cat must also broaden her mind if she is to have any chance of defeating what the journey throws at her. 

For this bonus life challenge, she will read 2 books a week.

A - 100% - 12+ books

B - 75% - 9+ books

C - 50% - 6+ books

D - 25% -3+ books

F - 0% - less than 3 books

compass-dusty-map-old-Favim.com-165479.j

• Like 2

---

Very exercise orientated challenge. Are you an active person? I guess yes, because you're already into archery and sword fighting. Very cool!

I'm into wielding a sword, too. Me and my boyfriend like to visit medieval markets and he tries to teach me German longsword. What kind of sword do you have?

If you want to talk more about combat you can always drop by the Monks and chat with us ;)

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

wow that sounds like an awesome "race"!  Wish I was nearby (and not another continent entirely) cos i'd totally join you. 

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Scouts' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I love sharp and shining things.  I love the detail for each goal and also like how for the first three goals, then is a clear progression in intensity (granted the first two are mostly stamina, but I imagine that practicing sword technique might be a little more intense then running.  Unless you doing HIIT sprints, then owwww...)

You also included archer too!  Fantastic!  Following for the ride!

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

What a challenge!  I love archery.  That is such a cool sounding event!  Wish I were closer...I would do it no hesitation.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Update: the heart surgery, that was gonna make everything okay, including giving me the all-okay for restarting exercise, was a complete fail. Back to square one. Maybe I'll be able to start the challenge late.

Pretty gutted. This was supposed to be a sure fix for what has been awful for quite some time.

---

Update: the heart surgery, that was gonna make everything okay, including giving me the all-okay for restarting exercise, was a complete fail. Back to square one. Maybe I'll be able to start the challenge late.

Pretty gutted. This was supposed to be a sure fix for what has been awful for quite some time.

Oh, cat. That's really bad news. I really hope you recover soon and they can schedule a new surgery some time. Good luck.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I'm sorry to hear that.

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

that sucks! but don't think you cant do a challenge because of it. Editing goals is always okay, find what you can do, and keep going! even if it's just doing reading... or house cleaning... or whatever it is. Small steps still get you to your goal!

• Like 1

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

That really sucks. Having a strong heart is kind of key to being able to do the thing you wanted to do. To be all ready for it and then to have it taken from you like that... yeah. Lame.

That said, I think it's worth pointing out that our whole purpose is to level up our lives. That's not just body stuff. It's also about the mind - about how you learn and how you approach the world and how you change your habits to make the life you want.

Those things are still totally within your reach, and if you want to, you can totally change your challenge to reflect that. We'll still root for you either way.

Adapt, improvise, overcome. You can do this.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that news.  I am sure gutted is an understatement as to how you feel.  Like others said before, stay if you can and find other goals.  This community is great and many of us care about others outside of the challenges.

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

So I abandoned this challenge. I got really, really sick, at the worst of it was all but bedridden. I really appreciate reading (now) the supportive comments. I'm planning on recycling this challenge when the next one starts. In the mean time I'm going to go track stuff in a battlelog thread instead.

The good news is that there's nothing wrong with my heart afterall. It's my automatic nervous system that's a bit broken. While that's not "curable", now that we know that, it's definitely treatable. I'm already feeling a million times better, and haven't had a collapse since Saturday.

Over and out.

---

Glad you can manage the issue and now you know you can work with it.  I love your attitude and looking to get back to it once it is okay'd.