Ahoy all, I've recently come to the realisation that I'm not fit as I was before I started working and now as a full time developer I need to get fit and start eating correctly!

I'm from England and live with my wife. We have a dog, a 18 month old Finnish Lapphund, that gives me an excuse to go out and do stuff but I want to be doing more to get a better stomach and more toned all round.

My main issue is laziness and getting round to doing something. I'm more often than not playing video games or doing stuff on my computer so the only real exercise I get is walking the dog or general house work.

My diet is okay but could be better, I am a type 1 diabetic so I have to be careful (so no sugary drinks but rather black coffee and diet sodas) but I'm aiming to cut out the more un-healthy things I eat like crisps at lunch (that I'm now replacing with fresh fruit) and cutting out white-wheat products with brown/wholegrain alternatives.

Hoping this will get me on the right track and get more energy and healthier body!