Meesa finds the basics (Heads and Shoulders, Knees and Toes) [Level 7]

Dianakdrury

Meesa finds the basics (Heads and Shoulders, Knees and Toes) [Level 7]

So after all the things that happened through the last 2 challenges I have a new job. I am midway through my first week (which is in the challenge break week) and I want to start right to continue well. 2 things that are important to not is that I am starting a bit over again and that means a pretty decent pay cut until at least June; and although the hours are technically 830-5 it is expected that you work overtime to get your work done (as such they have a policy one Friday a month if you've worked ~15 minutes overtime every other day that month it is a half day). But I don't mind overtime if I actually have work to do. I am more about getting the work done. As such I'm having a bit of a reset.

In my last challenge I did pretty much everything I wanted but without having a proper schedule my eating was a bit all over the place and I was falling back into bad habits. Now I am hoping to start my new job with good habits so I can continue them. I will be focusing on 4 Areas Heads and Shoulder, Knees and Toes (my metaphor is a stretch but go with me)

1. Heads: I will get my head screwed on straight and eating well to give me fuel and fire. I will be going with my same sort of eating plan for now
    Breakfast ~ 630
    Snack ~ 1045
    Lunch ~ 1300
    Snack ~ 1545
    Snack ~ 1800
    Dinner ~ 2000
  2. Shoulders: I will lose the weight I planned for in the last challenge to "Lessen the weight on my shoulders"... go with me on that line.
  3. Knees: I will go to the gym 3+ days a week (gym sessions can be replaced with a run if I really want to be outside; but not by a preplanned soccer game where I play in goals). I will continue working on both my Bodyweight Exercises and my Weights exercises. By the end of the challenge I will be able to get off my knees for 5 reps of push ups and/or make the elusive jump to a 50kg squat and as a bonus move up to the next level on my box jump (60cm).
  4. Toes: I will clock up at least 15km per week of cardio; this could be running, bike, rower, treadmill, eliptical, or soccer where I play on the pitch. I will not my including any kms clocked for just walking around even though my fitbit will. i really want to focus on actual cardio with intensity so I can start getting ready for the all the running my coach said we will do in pre-season in Jan (kill me now).

tl;dr

1. Eat food at the right times
  2. Lose the next bunch of weight
  3. Hit the gym regularly
  4. Get some runs on the board (bad cricket reference).
  • Like 2

Twitter: dianakdrury Instagram: dianakdrury
Fitbit

Well its Sunday night and I have no idea why but I had a complete food breakdown this weekend for no reason and I'm disappointed in myself. I really need to recommit to the food part. So I really need to get my head around it.

So here's how I went:

1. Eat food at the right times - Great during the week. Not so much on the weekend. So I will try to keep to it more.
  2. Lose the next bunch of weight -  I'll see tomorrow but I haven't begun to shift it yet.
  3. Hit the gym regularly -  After a few injuries I only made it twice.
  4. Get some runs on the board (bad cricket reference). - I got 10/15 Kms of cardio at the gym

I think my late week let me down and week 1 is a fail :(

Looking forward to a better week 2.

Fitbit

So Week 2 was kinda terrible. I feel off all my wagons and got injured.

Really good start to week 3 though. We won 25 nil on Sunday night; I finally started to get the hang of things at work on Monday and I managed to deadlift my own body weight for the first time. Feeling so much better and hoping to exploit it.

• Like 1

Fitbit

Ok so I stopped posting because most of my stuff was in my accountability group.

Not sure how I went on my specific goals.

1. Eat food at the right times - i got better at this and have now signed up to a thing called hello fresh which is great.
  2. Lose the next bunch of weight - I decided not to weigh myself as I realised I was putting on muscle
  3. Hit the gym regularly - I did really well on this. I can now make the 60cm box jump; squat 55kg and deadlift my bodyweight (80kg). Next up the century to annoy one of the senior accountants at work
  4. Get some runs on the board (bad cricket reference). I did really well on my cardio challenge.
  • Like 1

Fitbit

1. Eat food at the right times - i got better at this and have now signed up to a thing called hello fresh which is great.
  2. Lose the next bunch of weight - I decided not to weigh myself as I realised I was putting on muscle
  3. Hit the gym regularly - I did really well on this. I can now make the 60cm box jump; squat 55kg and deadlift my bodyweight (80kg). Next up the century to annoy one of the senior accountants at work
  4. Get some runs on the board (bad cricket reference). I did really well on my cardio challenge.

Sounds like success! =) Good job

Level 1 Half-elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

'From flabby geek to Sheik and Mystique'

Instagram: LJaybirdfly

Current Challenge: