The Order of the Stick and the Caves of Insanity

Okay, some folks on FB said they'd do a healing spell for me, but I haven't heard back, so I'm just using my healing potion.

Also, I did an hour of meditation to revive my partner (reindeershaman) who also missed the Wednesday challenge.

Don't drink just yet, I just finished up a guided meditation you are whole my brother

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

Oh my, I also did not check in midweek! Ahhhh! I think I may have to turn back from this particular quest as I just don't think I can dedicate the time to it this time around. I will try to take myself off the spreadsheet. Godspeed fellow adventurers! 

Level 0 Recruit - Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal

Garmin

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

Just an FYI for anyone not of Facebook. I got a little obsessed with the RP fitness thing and made some character cards. You can find some examples here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/905217446198325/permalink/932785413441528/

If you want one just let me know

Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Don't drink just yet, I just finished up a guided meditation you are whole my brother

Thanks! I'm almost through my miles. Did 8 miles on the bike today, so I've only got half a mile to go. (Didn't realize how close I was, or I would have finished it tonight.)

Man, I'd be the worst scout ever. Endurance cardio is just not my thing. I could hike in the woods all day, but that is hard when I am on the road, and I haven't found anything else I like.

So I rode an EXERCISE BIKE in a plasticy-smelling hotel fitness center to be with y'all on this adventure. :nightmare: But no one was there, so at least I could turn the TV and fluorescent lights off and just bike in the dark in silence. That wasn't so bad.

Joshua - Yoga Ninja Weasel #20: The Weasel goes on an Adventure!

Good to hear! I was getting a bit worried. IIRC, based on the time the first week's challenge was posted, we've got a little less than 24 hours to make it, and so far, only seven of us have arrived. But then I considered that if you count the people who only have a handful of miles to go, that would bring us up to eleven, which is still a pretty large adventuring party. And I expected a few people to bow out in Week 1. Not to blame anyone; 25 miles is a fair distance. I'd be quite hard pressed to do that on foot myself. The important part is that we get a strong and committed group to take on whatever awaits us in the more difficult parts of our quest.

So the group itself will be fine, I'm sure. I don't mind a smaller group anyhow.

• Like 1

Good to hear! I was getting a bit worried. IIRC, based on the time the first week's challenge was posted, we've got a little less than 24 hours to make it, and so far, only seven of us have arrived. But then I considered that if you count the people who only have a handful of miles to go, that would bring us up to eleven, which is still a pretty large adventuring party. And I expected a few people to bow out in Week 1. Not to blame anyone; 25 miles is a fair distance. I'd be quite hard pressed to do that on foot myself. The important part is that we get a strong and committed group to take on whatever awaits us in the more difficult parts of our quest.

So the group itself will be fine, I'm sure. I don't mind a smaller group anyhow.

Don't worry if someone is a little short we can teleport them in with various spells and or magic items, but they have to ask for help

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

I got trickry with  the spread sheet trying to give up a pass/motivational message on the front page but my computer was annoying me and I got as far as <25 = False and >25 = True. Feel free to expand from my cells to yours. I'll try fix it over lunch.

I changed mine - People are welcome to copy.

=IF('Week 1 and week 1 dalies (11/2)'!D14>24.99, "You did it!", "You can do it!")

(Copy it from the spreadsheet, not from here, and it should automatically change it to reference your numbers.)

ETA: Motivational excel formula added for week 2, if you want it.

• Like 1

Raven (reindeershaman) has been pretty sick these past few days (that is common for him) but he's done half an hour of meditation and is pretty sure he can do another half hour today. If not, I have done a total this week of an hour of yoga and an hour and a half of meditation, so I can cover him.

ETA: Raven has "flown" to meet us at the caves. 1 hr meditation done.

• Like 1

Reindeershaman has been pretty sick these past few days (that is common for him) but he's done half an hour of meditation and is pretty sure he can do another half hour today. If not, I have done a total this week of an hour of yoga and an hour and a half of meditation, so I can cover him.

Awesome helping each other is a big part of what I want us to do here.

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

OK. So it's Sunday night and in spite of being sick and coughing for the last couple of days (including the fever delirium day) I have managed to do my meditation and levitate myself, my partner the wereweasel managed to do some himself to bring me back to life after we missed the Wednesday post (we were in a car for days and somehow managed to miss that Wednesday was extra stuff, we won't make that mistake again), and I'm ready to jump in. I can actually do a little bit of strength training, although it will be kind of pathetic compared to most of you, but I'll do my best. I may benchpress the wereweasel. That's often fun.

• Like 1

Second Challenge: Eat Greens every day. Walking and/or Tai Chi whenever possible. Meditation when it's not.

0%
0%

Satyr shaman druid, running with Reindeer and swimming with Octopus.

Level 1: STR 0 | STA 2 | WIS 6 | DEX 2 | CON 2 | CHA 6

Autoimmune disease: Because the only one tough enough to kick my ass is me.

OK. So it's Sunday night and in spite of being sick and coughing for the last couple of days (including the fever delirium day) I have managed to do my meditation and levitate myself, my partner the wereweasel managed to do some himself to bring me back to life after we missed the Wednesday post (we were in a car for days and somehow managed to miss that Wednesday was extra stuff, we won't make that mistake again), and I'm ready to jump in. I can actually do a little bit of strength training, although it will be kind of pathetic compared to most of you, but I'll do my best. I may benchpress the wereweasel. That's often fun.

I wereweasle might become a unit of measurement in the Order :)

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

So for those of you not on facebook we are getting ready to descend into the caves of Madness!!!!!!

To complete this week challenge you must do 3 strength workouts!

If you see the words "DEXTERITY CHECK" you must do either 20 push ups, 20 squats, or 20 jumping jacks.  You have 24 hours after seeing the message to comply or you fall off the ledge.  You can be brought back to life of course by a spell (meditation) or a healing potion.

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

always room for one, go to our facebook page introduce yourself, but you will need a teleport to the current location, that means you need to ask a druid or magic user for the spell (one hour of meditation does the trick)

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

always room for one, go to our facebook page introduce yourself, but you will need a teleport to the current location, that means you need to ask a druid or magic user for the spell (one hour of meditation does the trick)

I just sent a request and it is pending

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

12243592_10153843151222994_1314547564212  For those not on Facebook, it is WANDERING MONSTER WEDNESDAY!

A mindflayer emerges from a hole in the wall while the group is descending down the perilous cave wall! We cannot fight while climbing BUT mindflayers rely on movement for site so we must stay still and cling to the wall. This takes tremendous core STRENGTH to survive you must do 2 full minutes of planking!!!! Broken up into as many intervals as you need of course (one long plank, 2 one minute planks, 4 30 second planks, whatever you need)

• Like 1

DEX CHECK!

For the benefit of those not on FB - Our Fearless Leader has announced that in the next 24 hours, you must perform a dex check. You can do either 20 push ups, 20 squats, or sit ups. BUT if you are feeling lucky you can roll a 20 sided dice, if you roll under your personal dex you can skip, but if you roll over you have to do all 3 exercises!! (Note that it is now situps, not jumping jacks)

12208352_10153846915812994_3137388296053

Ready for Week 3?

(Repost from our Fearless Leader)

12249783_10153850768092994_4740166027666

After descending down the cliff wall the Order comes to a room where a group of Orcs are playing poker. The largest of the group stands and growls "We are the guardians of the LOOM, but we are on a break! Tell you what, if you beat us at cards, you can have the key that gets you to the next room and that much closer to the loom"

To beat this weeks challenge all you have to do is play some cards :) There will be three hands (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) The orcs (there are three of them) will draw 5 cards and hold. One of us simply has to beat there hand. Members of the Order draw 5 cards, and discard up too three, get up to three new cards and try and beat there hand.

Diamonds=pushups
Clubs=Squats
Hearts= Situps (or crunches if you prefer)
Spades=Jumping Jacks
Numbered cards 2 through 10 equal how many of each denomination you do (ie 10 of spades=10 jumping jacks)
face cards always equal 10, and lastly aces always equal 10 burpees (god help you if you get 4 aces)

Challenge starts Monday and I will post the orcs hands at noonish

As a quick example if I draw ace of hearts, king of diamods 10 of diamonds, 3 of clubs and 3 of spades and a 3 of hearts I have to do 10 crunches, 10 pushups 3, squats, 3 jumping jacks, and 3 more situps. I have a pretty good hand but if I discard the king and the 10 hoping for another 3 to make 4 of a kind I have to do what ever the next two cards are also. So if I get two aces, I have a full house! But I also have to do 20 burpees.

Great Job gang!!!

But be wary, the way forward is treacherous filled with many dangers and traps...................

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

WEEK 4 - 220 orcs defeated! Special thanks go to our tank, Andrew, with 59 kills!

Brutal Bears, Rikem, and our fearless leader Hardway also wreaked havoc on the orcs, killing between 30 and 40 each.

And a special commendation to Meesa/Diana for wiping out the final three orcs.

tavern-celebration.jpg

Whoop

For some reason I haven't been getting notifications but thanks.

Twitter: dianakdrury Instagram: dianakdrury
Fitbit