KB Girl goes to worlds

KB Girl

Not a very imaginative challenge title.... but that's certainly what this challenge is going to be all about. It'll be terribly boring, i'll whine about my diet (still need to lose 3kg), i'll whine about my hands hurting, i'll whine about my imposter syndrome and I'll likely whine about having to do cardio-ish training..... But all of that hopefully in good spirits, while talking coaching stuff and having the time of my life o/ 

Main-quest; be all sorts of awesome at kettlebellsport (as an athlete, coach and nerd)

Main-sub-quest (lol); be awesome in general (strong, skilled and mobile!) 

GMB-Tri-Force.jpg

Current chapter: World Championship 25th-29th November 

- weigh in on competition day @67.9kg

- try not to come in last (aka do 60-70 snatch reps with the 24kg kettlebell)

- coach my athletes as best I can

(that's the ladies in my weightclass at last years worlds)

Two more competitions:

- december 6th: annual gym weightlifting competition (pick 3 and max: snatch, c&j + deadlift (currently 45kg, 57kg and 112,5kg)

- december 13th:  SAP-Cup kettlebell competition with 4 min snatch and 4 min double longcycle 

Lifegoals; 

- launch the website for our gym (yes, we've actually gone 5 years without a website, it's insane)

- prepare and promote the next course for wannabe-kettlebell trainers

- my baby sister is moving out on the first day of the challenge (looong story, but she lived with me+bf for 2 years) so we're turning the extra room back into an office, so the goal is to make it the most wickedly useful office in the history of ever

• Like 7

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares to move

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Woah, you guys don't have a website? I always assume a business doesn't actually exist unless it has one. Good goal to tackle! :)

And wooooooo! Worlds! AND two more comps! 

<3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Hello there!

Looking forward to follow the new challenge! 

Hello! :) 

Following for my big comp friend! :D

Yesss \o/

Woah, you guys don't have a website? I always assume a business doesn't actually exist unless it has one. Good goal to tackle! :)

And wooooooo! Worlds! AND two more comps! 

<3

We almost seem to not exist, not many people know that we do x) Goals for 2016 are to change that, for sure. We had 5 years of peace and quiet and (very) slow stream of new members to test the waters and get good at what we do. Now we're ready for a bit more I reckon. 

<3

Following for more awesomeness :D

Dutch rebels unite! o/

• Like 2

Great goals, and of course I'll be here to cheer for you!  I'm also going to totally join you in whining about having to eat cleanly over the next 6 weeks.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Checking in and saying hi.  It looks like your competition is pretty close to American Thanksgiving.  Good luck!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Following to see you crush your enemies!

3bf82ce08bfb666701623ef030b68f5c.jpg

Err I mean, Crush the competition!!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Lots of multiquote replies, so putting it behind tags for scroll-ability.

I'm here for awesomeness.

I'll help look for it! ;)

In like Flynn! I'll be here to pish posh your whining [emoji14]

Good good, exactly what I need!

Oh well. I guess it's not the most original challenge... :tongue: But that doesn't matter! Good luck this time around :D

Thank you! o/

Great goals, and of course I'll be here to cheer for you!  I'm also going to totally join you in whining about having to eat cleanly over the next 6 weeks.  

Good, that's excellent. It'll be a pain. I also have lots of birthdays coming up and a weekend away with family.. how the... I'm tempted to become a recluse.

Awesome title because it means you are going to Worlds and that is beyond exciting! 

:)

YOU ARE GONNA BE GREAT(er than you already are)!!!

Small steps! Hopefully i'm also going to be smaller than I already am!! 

I can't even imagine how awesome your "a bit more" is going to be. 

And...subbed.  To soak in more fabulous. 

When it comes to the gym that's mostly just opening our doors to more people, we can handle a few new members at the same time now. Hopefully with the new website and January coming up, we can make that happen. 

HI!  Possibly whining is proportional to awesomeness?  Shall we test this theory?

Lets! I'll do the whining, you provide the awesomeness? ;)

• Like 2

And some more because NF forums are whiny about how many quotes you can fit into one post, pfft.

Checking in and saying hi.  It looks like your competition is pretty close to American Thanksgiving.  Good luck!

I believe you! I have absolutely no clue about dates for other holidays. All I know is that our december 6th competition is the day after Sinterklaas. Which is our excuse to eat too much. And thanks!

Just because you title isn't original doesn't mean it's not full of fantastic things. I'll be along for the ride, as always. I'm so excited for you for the worlds! And whine all you want, I'm fairly certain annyshay is correct that whining is proportion to awesomeness.

Thank you! I probably will.

Following to see you crush your enemies!

3bf82ce08bfb666701623ef030b68f5c.jpg

Err I mean, Crush the competition!!

I'll be very sorry to disappoint, but no crushing of enemies or competition for me... I'll come in last or second to last. If it's second to last I'll be insanely over the moon happy with that.

Meanwhile in week zero life has gone on, I've really cracked down on my eating now. I've prepped all my meals and I feel like a bodybuilder. But I really really need some structure right now otherwise I'm not going to comfortably make my weight like I intended. No huge water dump this time please.
54a0a4e07cdbbf5a0cb859baa2d0c2f6.jpg

Tuesday training didn't happen as planned because the skin on my right hand was just hurting too much to do snatches. Since I really needed a mental challenge, and more importantly a mental victory, I decided to do my very first 10 minute set with 2 kettlebells longcycle. I used 10kg which wasn't too heavy, but the time goal did make me struggle a bit, mostly because it was just uncomfortable. But I did it, so yay.

72x(2x10) = 1440kg lifted over my head.

• Like 4

Can I object to that? Just by going to that competition you've already crushed many people!  ;)

And inspired others :D

Tuesday training didn't happen as planned because the skin on my right hand was just hurting too much to do snatches. Since I really needed a mental challenge, and more importantly a mental victory, I decided to do my very first 10 minute set with 2 kettlebells longcycle. I used 10kg which wasn't too heavy, but the time goal did make me struggle a bit, mostly because it was just uncomfortable. But I did it, so yay.

What is the difference between Biathlon and Long Cycle, if I may ask?

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

What is the difference between Biathlon and Long Cycle, if I may ask?

In LongCycle you combine the clean & the jerk into one movement, which you perform for 10 minutes..

The Biathlon is first 10 minutes of jerk only, then after a 2 hour break it's 10 minutes of snatch only.

• Like 1