Max Power prepares for the future!

Max Power

Last week was a blowout in terms of the challenge.  I did get everything back on track Thursday, but this week is going to be a little weird too because we're going to my parents for the holidays. 

This morning's workout was quick and dirty, I didn't want to get out of bed because of the cold.  I was also a little worried the garage was going to be too cold, it wasn't that bad though, once I got to moving it felt pretty good.  It reminded me of a saying that me and my dad used to use "On these cold winter mornings, you've gotta get to work cause the heat's in the tools"  If I was a little artsier I'd probably hang that up in my garage somewhere.  Maybe I should hire Strawberry Squatcake for that. 

Since I procrastinated getting out there I just ended up doing DL's and a good bit of mobility work.  I keep playing with overhead squats and even some snatches, but I have a catching point that my body doesn't want to squat too deep when I'm doing all that movement.  I feel like it's a mental block, but I haven't figured out how to get around it. 

Alright, so the plan for the rest of the week is to stay the course of the challenge, except Thursday when I plan on eating like it's my job. 

tumblr_m3glvqROhI1qa0ta2o1_500.gif

• Like 1

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Ha! SS was the first person I thought of when you started talking artsy stuffs. You should definitely hire her. Totes. 

Man, I can't wait for Thanksgiving! 

giphy.gif

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I've arrived to pick up some side work as an artist? This might be a mistake... Shall I get out my blow torch? I'll be over.

I'm having some ups and downs, too, but we are moving forward. Keep being awesome.

In Kansas, they've finally become way more precise with tornado warnings, they can even split counties and cities. The only scary thing is people have driven into the path because where they are wasn't under warning, and where they're going is. (Mostly a rush hour thing.) but, I love it so much more and don't even get annoyed hitting the basement when it's close enough to warrant. In fact, I'd say people take it way more seriously now. Something we need here. An hour in a bathroom sounds awful, though. Ugh. I agree with the kitteh.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Everyone in Kansas should just start living underground and begin the gradual evolution toward becoming mole people.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Man, I can't wait for Thanksgiving! 

giphy.gif

Fun story. Thanksgiving morning, FMP and I stopped at McDonalds for breakfast before heading to my parent's house.  I ordered a chicken and biscuit, but it was going to be another ten minutes before it was done, so I asked them to swap for a sausage biscuit.  The woman comes back to the window and apologizes and said she threw some extra for us.  We drove off and I checked the bag, we had five biscuit/various meat combos and four hash browns.  Thanksgiving feasting started early for old Max Power that day. 

I've arrived to pick up some side work as an artist? This might be a mistake... Shall I get out my blow torch? I'll be over.

I'm having some ups and downs, too, but we are moving forward. Keep being awesome.

In Kansas, they've finally become way more precise with tornado warnings, they can even split counties and cities. The only scary thing is people have driven into the path because where they are wasn't under warning, and where they're going is. (Mostly a rush hour thing.) but, I love it so much more and don't even get annoyed hitting the basement when it's close enough to warrant. In fact, I'd say people take it way more seriously now. Something we need here. An hour in a bathroom sounds awful, though. Ugh. I agree with the kitteh.

Blow torch seems like a good place to start.  I'll go check the fire extinguishers.  (And by check, I mean I'll go buy some.)

Man, we need those tornado warning systems here.  The wind wasn't really even blowing when the sirens started, I had a feeling it wasn't anywhere close to us, but with a pregnant FMP around, I didn't really want to add any stress on her, so I played along. 

Everyone in Kansas should just start living underground and begin the gradual evolution toward becoming mole people.

Would they be friendly mole people, or more like CHUDs? 

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Let's see.  Thursday was the last real workout I did.  I spent about 1.5 hours in the garage doing squats.  I figured it'd help even out the massive feasting that came later.  What I wasn't planning on was the two-four hour long car rides that came after.  I was stiff and sore for the whole weekend. I also haven't slept good since we left for my parent's and it is starting to catch up to me.  I'm going to leave work around lunch today and go home and rest for a bit.  I'll probably go out to the garage and do something light just to stretch out and sweat a little. 

Sorry for the stream of conscious rant there, it's all my brain is capable of right now.

23080274139_41143aa6e4_n.jpg

^^ That's me, except less suit, and more beard. 

I feel much the same.  Holidays at Christmas are going to be most welcome.  Except I won't be at our place for most of it (we're going to TheBuddy's parents' in BC for almost a week), which means more "doing stuff" and fewer "no pants" days.

• Like 1

Final write up for the challenge.  I feel better about this challenge than any others I have done this year.  I stayed fairly consistent, even if I wasn't updating daily like I used to.  However, the last two weeks have been pretty bad.  Work has been insane, I'm not even really allowed to talk about it due to confidentiality reasons, but a few people are probably going to lose jobs over it (not me, I'm safe), but all of the chaos has really taken its toll on me and I haven't really lifted much in the last couple of weeks. 

Goals: 

1) Cleaning:

I started to slip on this about half way through the challenge, but we had a Christmas party this past weekend, so the house is in good shape again, all I need to do is maintain for a bit. 

2)  Food prep.

I did great with this right up until everything fell apart at work the last couple of weeks, since then there has been a serious "eh, fuck it" attitude about what I eat. 

3) Lifting

This also ended up suffering from the work related stuff, I haven't done much of anything regularly for a couple of weeks, and have just had a couple of marathon workouts on the weekends.  Hopefully I can lock this back down over the next week or so. 

4)  Weight loss. 

I did pretty terrible with measurements, I really only measured the first couple of weeks, and I haven't even been tracking my weight since Thanksgiving (I can't imagine why)

Anywho, that's how my challenge went.  I'm pretty sure I would have actually failed all of them if I crunched the numbers, but I really don't feel bad at all about how it went. 

two steps forward, one step back. you got this. i know just updating here helps me stay on track better (read: CM didn't update her NF log for 30 days and ate like a big a-hole).

hopefully we can minimize any holiday damage and keep up the lifting :D

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current