• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

erosan

The Gunslinger: Tarot at the golgotha (erosan's challenge log)

"The gunslinger came awake from a confused dream which seemed to consist of a single image"

darktower1-800.jpg

Roland awoke by the ruins of the campfire to find himself ten years older.
His black hair had thinned at the temples and gone the gray of cobwebs at the end of autumn.
The lines in his face were deeper, his skin rougher.

SUMMARY
In order to become who I want to be, I need to up my game.

The past challenge was a massive failure. Like Roland, I had a dream that lasted too long only to wake up in a strange beach, years later, without a clue of what was going on, and losing part of the skills I´d worked so hard for (thankfully, not lost fingers, only fitness levels). So I'm still far from where I need to go.

So, two steps forward, one step back. I lost momentum, gained some weight, but I´m respawning. I can do that, right? I will get to my tower.

I´ve decided to penalize myself with a level down, and a stat drop to reflect the lost terrain.

GOALS

overview.jpg

The man in black shuffled the cards with flying, merging rapidity. The deck was huge, the design on the backs of the cards convoluted. "These are tarot cards," the man in black was saying, "a mixture of the standard deck and a selection of my own development Watch closely gunslinger. I’m going to tell your future"

TheHangedMan.jpg

The hanged man the man in black said. The darkness had given him back his hood. “Yet here, in conjunction with nothing else, it signifies strength and not death. You, gunslinger, are the Hanged Man, plodding ever onward toward your goal over all the pits of Hades."

I will get fit. I will become better. I´ll exercise once more

+5 STR if avg 3 workouts per week.

TheSailor.jpg

The sailor Note the clear brow, the hairless cheeks, the wounded eyes. He drowns, gunslinger, and no one throws out the line. Your diet.â€

+3 CON if avg meal is paleo friendly.
+2 CHA if 2kg lost (or visible change for the better).

TheLadyOfShadows.jpg

The lady of shadows “Does she look two-faced to you, gunslinger? She is. A veritable Janus.†She represents the distractions. One side looks at work, the other looks at something to procrastinate. Must avoid one and focus on the important.

+2 WIS for focusing more on work

Dominion.jpgRuin.jpg

Dominion / Ruin "Your choice, gunslinger. Take control of your life, or allow chaos to permeate it."

+1 STA for succesfully completing the challenge.

LSQ

TheMagician.jpg

The magician Training of skills. Because.

+1 DEX for training of pen spinning skills.
+1 WIS for practicing drawing/sketching.

MOTIVATION

TheTower.jpg

LGN

MINIQUESTS
none yet.

• Like 1

I'm sure you will persevere this time around. I like how your goals aren't extremely specific or unrealistic (except for the constant training of pen spinning skills - I'm not sure if you can do that constantly), so it allows for more progress. 

By the way, I absolutely love the Dark Tower series, I have the novels and the comic book collection! 

• Like 1

Welcome back erosan. Glad to see you respawn.

What type of workouts are you planning this go around?

Thank you. I´ll be focusing on the basics... 3 times a week work on pushups (I can still do about 8 regular ones so thankfully I am not back to square one), pullups (I don´t know if I still have it in me to do some, but I guess I will see soon enough), squats (currently working on cosack squats, as a middle step towards pistols) and abs/back via holds of supermans.  I figure 3 circuits each of as many as I can do, move to a new version of the excercise once I can do 3x15 or something. (basically using neatstrength.com ´s zero to hero plan, which reminds me: thank you baconhunter for creating the plan if you read this)

I'm sure you will persevere this time around. I like how your goals aren't extremely specific or unrealistic (except for the constant training of pen spinning skills - I'm not sure if you can do that constantly), so it allows for more progress. 

By the way, I absolutely love the Dark Tower series, I have the novels and the comic book collection! 

Hahaha obviously that was poorly worded (there. fixed). probably due to the amount of copy pasting I do while writing a post. But I do have time to practice almost every day... even though its only practicing old tricks and I´ll have to look for time to learn new ones but practicing what I know makes it possible to develop muscle memory and I am getting to the point where I can do the tricks consistently and in a fluid way, so that makes me happy.

And yes, the dark tower series is awesome. The comic books includded.

• Like 1

Not that anybody would care, but I've setup a wordpress blog so I don't spam this thread with my sketching/drawing practice attempts. Once I get better I might, but for now... meh... If anyone wants to see the horrible embarrassing crude attempts at me drawing, please go ahead and do comment, I love hearing how much my drawing sucks. It'll make success all the better.

• Like 1

Hey old friend, i saw you popping up in the mini, very good to have you back! I will be following this if you don't mind! See you on the (mini-challenge) battle field!

• Like 1

yes, I'm back… and doing great so far.

did my exercises (still easing into them, not pushing super hard yet) on monday and wednesday. lots of practice of pen spinning and almost daily drawing too.

All things considered, doing ok. :D

good to have you around, see you on the battlefield… eeer mini challenge

• Like 2

Slowly getting back in the ballgame, very good, i'm glad. You were my motivation for pushing through the first time i did the plank challenge. And since then it seemed i thrive well on competition. So thank you for that kind sir. I hope your recovery to your full potential will be a swift journey.

• Like 1

tbh I think I pushed too hard too fast and I burned myself. You hear that nice and easy does it everytime, but can't help but feeling like acomplishing your goals fast, right?

thanks for the good wishes and moral support, mate.

• Like 2