More like picking up an old saved game

I’m not sure if this post is even, technically, appropriate to bill as a respawn but I’m posting it here because that’s where my head is at with this and I could use the input from other Rebels.  I’ve sort of drifted from the site in recent months primarily because it was something that I had been in the habit of checking and updating at work where I’m in front of a computer most of the day. However, my work’s NO-FUN-OF-ANY-KIND filter has become slightly more totalitarian and Nerd Fitness is now flagged as a “Discouraged Site†and while not blocked, my ability to use it is limited. That said, other than the validation/advice/support that I receive from this community, I haven’t technically lost anything in my time away.  I’ve continued to lose weight and am down to 300lbs from 406 last November.  I am still exercising but my workout routines have stagnated a bit.  I didn’t even score myself on my last 6 week challenge because I’d become so disconnected from the site it just didn’t seem like it merited updating.

I’m still extremely proud of myself for sticking to my new eating habits and keeping with the (admittedly bare bones, maintenance-esque) workout routine I have been keeping to. However,  I do miss that feeling of invigoration I had when I first started here.  Even posting to a somewhat anonymous site like this was hard for me and as I’ve lost weight and started to come out of my shell a bit I’m starting to, only now, realize precisely what a shut in hermit I’d become as my weight got more and more out of control.  I’m not the heaviest guy in the room as a rule anymore. I fit into more clothes. If I go out to eat I don’t have to worry about whether or not I can fit in a booth. Things like that are wonderful. However, I had been enjoying the whole “level up my life†vibe I was on when I first started and would like to inject some life back into that.  I’m not terribly afraid of going back to my old eating habits though I try to stay vigilant.  I’ve had several experiences in the past year that have shown me that my psychological relationship to food has changed pretty drastically in the past year.  I have, however, fallen into a bit of a rut with learning new recipes and trying them out which will be a goal for my next challenge.  Where I’m really afraid of falling off the wagon is in regards to exercising.  Partially it’s because it’s a repetitive task by its very nature and those grate on me after a while. I try to mix it up but then I run headlong into my other issue.  When I first started down this road I was extremely secretive about it. Even at a whopping Mycroft Holmesean weight of over 400lbs I was still somewhat vain and on the (at the time extremely likely historically speaking) chance that I didn’t stick with this; I didn’t want anyone to know about it. I told nobody I was coming to this site, I told nobody I was trying to eat better and my exercising was conducted on the sly in my room; simple beginner body weight stuff that I could do in private.  I think, it’s fair to say that I’ve outgrown what I’m able to accomplish in my bedroom without massively redecorating and turning it into an workout room with a bed which isn’t an option.  The cat is well out of the bag at this point.  People clearly know I’m doing something as even the woman who works at the Dunkin Donuts where I get my morning coffee on the way to work has now commented on the fact that I’ve dropped a few pounds.  Is it time to maybe look into joining a gym? Perhaps seeing what, if anything, I can do in my basement (which is regrettably shared with my remarkably unreasonable downstairs neighbor) to make a new workout space? I suppose what I’m really looking for on a respawn is a way to get re-motivated to level up my exercise game.  In the interim I can get back in the habit of upping my reps and sets on the limited stuff I do in my room once I get my mojo back as twere but I know that will only be a temporary fix.  Hence I’m respawning and reaching out to the great Nerd Fitness Rebellion hive mind for advice, inspiration, general thoughts on how to remotivate myself in regards to my workouts. This community has been an unbelievable support for me over the past year and I’m hoping to tap into some of that again.  Thanks for reading, all. As always your comments are always welcome.

• Like 1

<p>Level 3 Troll AssassinSTR: 5.5 DEX: 2 STA: 6.75 CON: 3 WIS: 12.75 CHA: 5.75My Battle LogThe First Official Challenge of MOBIUS!!  The SECOND Official Challenge of MOBIUS!!  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69290-the-return-of-mobius/  Weight Loss Goal (106 lbs of 150lbs)

70.6%
70.6%
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."