Red1263

Awesome news! Major congrats on the job!!!!!

I live in Washington.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

You're on the West Coast? Where? I'm in California

And yeah, although, being there, seeing everything, really got me thinking about reading the books :tongue:

Well, funny you guys mention it because...

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I'm now going to be a Donor Floor Technician! Taking people's blood/Plasma samples and collecting them for non-vampiric purposes! The pay is less than my last job, but this has much more promising opportunities in the future! You guys are going to see some interesting things happen in the future!

th_Fighter-Victory.gif

Congratulations!!!!!  Are you changing your character class to Vampire now??

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I'm now going to be a Donor Floor Technician! Taking people's blood/Plasma samples and collecting them for non-vampiric purposes! The pay is less than my last job, but this has much more promising opportunities in the future! You guys are going to see some interesting things happen in the future!

th_Fighter-Victory.gif

Woot! Congratulations! \o/

So you're in charge of a blood bank? You may not be using them for vampiric purposes, but beware the one lurking in the shadow! I hear they're super quick. But with all your training, I'm sure you could take them out. ;-)

• Like 2

Pumpkin Pi: Level 1 Night Elfling (respawned September 2019)

0 STR | 0 DEX | 0 STA | 0 CON | 0 WIS | 0 CHA

Challenges: Respawn: Current (16 Sep-20 Oct 2019) | Original: 2nd (2 Nov-14 Dec 2015), 1st (14 Sep-25 Oct 2015)

Congratulations Red! So excited for you! Let the celebration begin!

blackmage.gif   big_cactuar.gif   sRTzHn0.gif

Awesome news! Major congrats on the job!!!!!

I live in Washington.

Congratulations!!!!!  Are you changing your character class to Vampire now??

Hmm... being a vampire might have their perks

vampire_counts_1907.jpg

Woot! Congratulations! \o/

So you're in charge of a blood bank? You may not be using them for vampiric purposes, but beware the one lurking in the shadow! I hear they're super quick. But with all your training, I'm sure you could take them out. ;-)

It's a plasma bank (The fluid in your blood, not the actual red blood) but luckily I walk around with garlic on bread ;)

Thank you guys for your support!

So, I apologize for not being here for a while! What with the new job and the holiday, I guess I lost track of time :P So, without further ado...

1. With a 30 second break inbetween
    1. Warm-up: Shadowbox - 3 mins for punches, 2 mins for kicks/knees
    2. Pull-ups: 5, 5, 3
    3. BW Squats: 40, 40, 40
    4. Lunges: 30, 30, 30
    5. (Chair) Dips: 15, 15, 15
    6. Chin-ups: 105, 5
    7. Push-ups: 10, 10, 10
    8. Plank: 30s
  2. I've been able to increase my pull-ups to 2 sets of 5, which puts me closer to my goal!
  3. Today was about Enzymes. Enzymes are a substance that's relative to, making things easier to do. for example a Career service. There's an Activation energy that makes reactions possible, regardless of whether or not it's favorable, but at a cost. Sometimes the cost is easy and the reaction is spontaneous, but for other things, more energy is required to have a reaction (like trying to burn wood). An Enzyme makes that cost a lot easier so that the reaction can occur. For example, if the reaction is wood burning (a favorable reaction), an enzyme would be the match used to light the wood, otherwise, the wood wouldn't burn on its own.
  4. So, I went volunteering today and one of the nurses told me that should I become certified as a Phlebotomist, she'll hook me up with a position there, along with better pay, it's a great chance for me to gain more experience and even start working in a hospital. Needless to say, I'm very excited.
  • Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Awesome job Red! So proud of you buddy! And then having someone help out with another position with better pay?? Good tidings all around my friend!

Awesome job on the pull-ups too! It's so satisfactory when you can increase those. Pull-ups are one of my top 3 favorite exercises and it's greatness to see my old friend Red hack away them with his expertise!

Hell year, dude, keep it up!!

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Awesome job Red! So proud of you buddy! And then having someone help out with another position with better pay?? Good tidings all around my friend!

Awesome job on the pull-ups too! It's so satisfactory when you can increase those. Pull-ups are one of my top 3 favorite exercises and it's greatness to see my old friend Red hack away them with his expertise!

Hell year, dude, keep it up!!

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

Thanks Wolf-Brother! I know! As it turns out, there's a lot of help out there, all you need to do is just ask :P

The pull-ups are always one of the best signs of strength (in my opinion), and they've always been one of the most difficult.

It's definitely one way to end a year!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Alright, time for an update!

1. Warm-up: Shadowbox - 3 mins for punches, 2 mins for kicks/knees
    2. Pull-ups: 5, 5, 4
    3. BW Squats: 40, 40, 40
    5. (Chair) Dips: 15, 15, 15
    6. Chin-ups: 8, 5, 5
  2. I'm at 5, 5, and 4! 
  3. No studying was done
  4. Right now, I feel an interesting feeling. I feel like everything is going according to plan. I'm no evil genius plotting to take over the world (yet) But I'm feeling good. Things are moving in motion that are or will be in my favor, I've got plans and all that's left is just time to pass.
  5. f8569a9b008ebd93b2911d82fb7c3e36.500x203
  • Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Yea, progress is on rails!!!  Best of luck with the LAST WEEK of the last challenge of 2015!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

1. Warm-up: Shadowbox - 5 minutes
    2. Pull-ups: 6, 5, 5
    3. BW Squats: 40, 40, 40
    5. (Chair) Dips: 15, 15, 15
    6. Chin-ups: 10, 6, --
    7. Push-ups: 10, 10, 10
    8. Plank: 30s, 30s, 30s, 
  2. I've reached 6 in one of the sets! Now if I can only get two more 6's I'll have accomplished this goal.
  3. No studying was done. I've seriously slacked on this.
  4. Like most of you nerds, I'm starting to think of the next challenge. And I've gotta say, I have something interesting planned for this new year.

I couldn't do the last Chin-up set, because I got a quick visit from Pukey the Clown. Luckily, I didn't let him deter me from completing the rest of the workout.

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Pukey the Clown is no fun. Yesterday I ate at a big lunch and then came home and did my workout. Pukey the clown was threatening me.

Way to go on the pull ups!

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Congrats on the interim successes!!!!  I'm hoping to see great things in your challenge wrap up.

Have you heard any hints about how the rules are changing for next year's challenges??  I too was cooking something up, in order to keep it interesting, but I'm now kinda waiting to find out what changes are in the works.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

HELLO! congrats on your new job! and it looks like everything went super wonderfully as you finished out the challenge!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Hey hey Everyone! Sorry for the lateness in this post, I didn't have any internet. But I'm back now and I'm ready to give the Write-up!

On the last episode, we found our two heroes in a rather slimy bind...

"OK! I think I've got an idea!" "Better make it quick! We seem to be sinking faster, and I'm starting to get a tingling feeling in my boots!" The Archer ties a rope to an arrow and shoots it straight at a nearby tree. THWACK! "Got it! OK how are you doing on your end?" Red struggles and shifts his movements to free his arms. Up, then down then up again, then down again. Left. Then right. Followed by another left and another right. "B. A. Start!" "What did you say?" "Err... I mean, I did it(1)! I'm free! What's the next step?"

1.png

"OK, Now we pull ourselves out of this thing! Ready?... One... Two... PULL!!!" Red and the Archer pulled with all of their might and freed themselves from the grasp of the slime (2)!

2.png

"OK! Now where you able to review the Bestiary?" "Uuuhhh... No?" "Whaa?! You idiot! Don't know you know what that means?!" "Yeah... I've gotta study more." "NO! I means that the slime is h--!" The Archer's voice is cut off, as the slime mold covers his whole body and is now staring down at its next victim, Red.

3.png

'Uh oh! Think fast! I've gotta free the lil guy from this thing!' Red moves as tentacles plunge towards him. "OK, I know a direct attack will only get me stuck inside of its body, so my next move has gotta be... I've got it!" Red charges his sword, he waits for a moment and then dives right in front of the slime. Red swings his sword unleashing a great amount of force at the slime, causing it to break apart into pieces!

4.png

Much to the surprize of the Archer, "*cough cough* That was amazing! How did you know that would work?" "... Well, I didn't!" (3) "Wait! So you could've killed me?!" "No! Of course not! I know that the human skin has the ability to withstand at least 45 G's, Slimes? Not so much... At least I don't think so..."

5.png

"Huh. OK then let's make sure this doesn't happen again! What did we learn?"

1. "First of all, we needed to get our arms free!" - By doing the Advanced Bodyweight routine and Shadow Boxing x3 a week!
    • A Success! Shadowboxing as a warm-up worked perfectly! Points awarded: Str +2, Sta +3
  2. "Then we need to Pull ourselves out!" - Work up to 3 sets of 6 pull-ups or 1 set of 15 without stopping!
    • At the very end! My final numbers for pull-ups was 6, 6, 6! Also a Success!! Points awarded: Str +2 Sta +2
  3. "OK, What do you know about slimes?" "Uhh, they're slimy?" - Set aside an hour to review Biology notes, or watch a Biology lecture 5 times a week.
    • A Failure! I only studied twice the entire challenge! No Points awarded.
  4. "Come on! You have to want this as much as the next breath! Literally!" - I believe that this goal is also a success! I feel more than inspired, I feel driven to continue on my path, the healthcare-related job helped, but now I'm planning on having things around me to remind me to keep going, This way, I feel that I won't run into this particular problem again.

So all in all, This challenge scores are: A + A + F = 67% Which isn't all that good. I need to do better next time! And sorry for the late post.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Great job on the workouts and pullups!

Do you still want to do more studying? Have any ideas on how to succeed at that goal? I wonder if you could find an accountability partner or something.

Great job on the workouts and pullups!

Do you still want to do more studying? Have any ideas on how to succeed at that goal? I wonder if you could find an accountability partner or something.

Thanks EG!

The problem is that I've never been much of a reader, so the idea to slow down and read things is foreign to my world, much less study when I have nothing immediate to study for. I think that's my main problem: With no test/exam to study for, Studying just isn't a priority. Throw in the fact that Life is just unpredictable enough to make me forget to study and that's a recipe for failure. I believe for now, I'll leave this on the backburner until I can figure out a better approach.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler