Aminarra, a level 2 ranger has joined new recruits for a 6 week challenge. Having already been facing challenges at home, she's ready to pass the hurdles and make some real progress.

Roll a perception check...

17+Prof. 2 = 19.

You smell something sweet, maybe even a little like dairy. There is grit underfoot, and you can hear a myriad of odd sounds near the floor--grunts, mostly, with a few whimpers mixed in.  There's a yowling cat nearby. Do you have darkvision?

Yeah, up to 60 feet.

...You see a living room cluttered with the trappings of new parenthood. Clean laundry is folded and stacked on the back of the couch, but also strewn on the cushions; a stack of folded towels has fallen onto the floor.  The coffee table is a make-shift changing station on one side and a nursing station on the other.  The TV is off, but you discover that the grunting and whimpering is coming from the Elfkin in a bouncing seat situated on the floor.  The grit is kitty litter that the Elfkin's companion has tracked through. 

I add it to my quest log to clean the litter box and sweep the floor, and put away the laundry.

Roll a constitution check... 

Your nose crinkles as you realize what the grunts of the Elfkin signified. You want to gag but you manage to hold back.

I use the makeshift changing station to clean the Elfkin up and start my 6 week challenge.

• Like 5

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Character Introductions:
Aminarra -
JXNnjkfl.jpg

The Elfkin -
H494ju7.jpg

Starting Measurements:
Neck: 14 5/8
Biceps: 16 (R|L)
Chest (bra band): 39 1/4
Belly (button): 44 7/8
Hips (widest): 50 5/8
Thighs: 31 ® 31 1/2 (L)
Calfs: 18 1/4 (R|L)
Weight: 240.6

Six Week Challenge Goal: Lose 5 pounds

Dailies -
10+ Minutes cleaning/day
30 Minutes Reading (alone)
Tracking Food (MFP screen name = Aminarra)

Measurement: A = 42/42 days; B = 32/42 days; C = 28/42 days
Reward: A = +2 WIS, +1 CHA; B = +1 WIS; C = +1 CHA

Quests -
Make a game of it - Do squats/lunges with the Elfkin, at least 3 per diaper change (8-10xdaily)
Measurement: A = 1260 squats/lunges (3*10)x42; B = 840 squats/lunges (2*10)x42; C = 672 squats/lunges (2*8)x42
Reward: A = +2 STR, +1 DEX; B = +1 STR +1 DEX; C = +1 STR

Make a Habit - (started 11-15-15) - Start each morning with 16 oz. water and 1 Song's worth of time on the BOSU ball (Cardio).
Measurement: A = 7x/week for 4 weeks; B = 4x/week for 4 weeks; C = 2x/week for 4 weeks

Reward: A = +2 STR, +1 DEX; B - +1 STR +1 DEX; C - +1STR

Go for walks - go to the mall if it's too cold outside, at least 30 minutes 3x weekly
Measurement: A = 15+ walks (3 walks, 30 minutes each all 6 weeks); B = 10+ Walks; C = 6+ Walks
Reward: A = +2 STA, +1 CON; B = +1 STA +1 CON; C = +1 CON

The Arms Have It! - Do 3-5 arm exercises at least 3x weekly. Arm exercises should include tricep kick backs, bicep curls, chest flies, etc.
Measurement: A = 15+ walks (3 walks, 30 minutes each all 6 weeks); B = 10+ Walks; C = 6+ Walks
Reward: A = +2 STA; B = +1 STA +1 CON; C = +1 CON

Boss Battle -
Defeat the adds first - eat in moderation at D&D Night! No more than 700 Calories TOTAL.

Big Boss - Complete Bodyweight Work Out Level 1 at least once weekly!

Measurement: Succeed = Beat Boss 1x during challenge; Fail = Anything less
Reward: Level Up! Join Rangers instead of recruits.

• Like 7

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

This is the greatest description of parenthood I've ever read. I can't wait to read more! :D

Hahaha! Thank you! I found your challenge and I'll be following along!  I'm actually going to re-vamp my goals post because I forgot to add the rewards lol... 

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

That reminds me of @dauntlessevil. She also had a workout, where she carried the weight of her infant. Best wishes for your challenge. I like that you have dailys and quests. ;)

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

You allocated too many stats. Usually you get 15 points after six weeks plus the points for the mini quests from Blaidd. Everything else looks really good.

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Elfkin is adorable. Our coffee table used to be a changing table too. Children do make for some good weights. Sometimes I bench press my (almost four years old/40 pound) son. He thinks he's flying.

• Like 1

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

You allocated too many stats. Usually you get 15 points after six weeks plus the points for the mini quests from Blaidd. Everything else looks really good.

I didn't do the math, I just assigned values ;) I'll go back and revamp it.  Is it 15 points altogether throughout all questlines? 

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Elfkin is adorable. Our coffee table used to be a changing table too. Children do make for some good weights. Sometimes I bench press my (almost four years old/40 pound) son. He thinks he's flying.

Awesome :) Little Elfkin can't hold her head up quite yet, but I'm looking forward to some more fun exercises with her.  Right now I really really really need to focus on my posture.. my back is starting to kill me from always being hunched over her or holding my hips forward as a counterweight when holding her on my shoulder.  Lifting her bucket car seat out of the car, too? Oi... Lots of opportunities to improve my core stability and posture.

• Like 2

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

I didn't do the math, I just assigned values ;) I'll go back and revamp it. Is it 15 points altogether throughout all questlines?

Yes. 15 points for all your quests. I can give you a link for further useful information, if you are intrested.

Spoiler

Welcome back Aminarra.  Is there a reason you decided to join the Recruits instead of going onto the Rangers? You're welcome to stay with us, but if you'd like to move onto the Rangers then please let me know so I can move you :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Welcome back Aminarra. Is there a reason you decided to join the Recruits instead of going onto the Rangers? You're welcome to stay with us, but if you'd like to move onto the Rangers then please let me know so I can move you :)

Hi Blaidd,

Yes, I'm starting this challenge with the recruits because I've only ever completed one challenge, and it wasn't with the group on the forums. I think there's a lot to learn from the process, so I'd like to "do it right."

I've also reset all of my goals in the academy and I'm starting over from square one with mindset.

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Yes. 15 points for all your quests. I can give you a link for further useful information, if you are intrested.

Thanks Luciana, I think I know the one you're referencing. I'll go take another look! I forgot to re-read the section on how to do challenges and was just thinking of the rewards like the points on Whose Line. Thanks for the heads up!

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Aminarra and Elfkin were last spotted in the palace of parental duties (aka, the living room). The clean laundry is still in disarray on the couch. There is a cache of supplies that has been added to available inventory, including granola bars, squash, cabbage, peppers, pork, beef, and sandwich fixings.

I decide to go out for fast food and eat terrible things.

Aminarra cannot get passed the fully stocked cache. Another player has entered the campaign. He appears clean and alert. The Elfkin seems familiar with him and so she joins his party. She receives a clean change of clothes and a health potion from the new comer. His name is Harkin.

I join Harkin and the Elfkin in the cache and refuel on rotisserie chicken and sweet potato. The party has a Short Rest.

Challenge of the Grumpkin

The party has enjoyed a short rest. Roll for initiative. The Elfkin is transforming into the Grumpkin, a hazardous, screaming Elfkin with +1 to STA and advantage to attack rolls.

I attempt to prevent the transformation using a potion.

It is well received, but something goes awry. Grumpkin attacks Aminarra with Grunt. Roll to save.

Grumpkin hits with Grunt causing you to be coated in mustard yellow poo. Roll perception.

Aminarra: 8
Harkin: 20

Aminarra sees the yellow mess on her finger tip. Harkin, you see that it's also on Aminarra's leg and opposite arm. There are multiple charges to the grunt attack, so beware.

Harkin takes on the Grumpkin, countering her grunt attack with a diaper cantrip. He informs Aminarra of the presence of poo.

I cast prestidigitation on all poo places.

Grumpkin casts wail. Harkin counters with a bottle cantrip. It might be working!

Grumpkin uses a sneak attack, aiming projectiles. Harkin, roll to save!

Harkin rolls a 1.

With a great gurgling sound, milk, stomach acid, and saliva spew forth from Grumpkin, projecting a foot or more from her mouth. Aminarra looks up in time to see Harkins beard dripping, glasses splattered, and his shirt completely soaked through. Aminarra approaches and takes the Elfkin, who is now looking around innocently, having no recollection of her time as a Grumpkin. She too, is covered in projectiles.

Prestidigitation, Prestidigitation for all.

• Like 3

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Been doing well gearing up for the challenge tomorrow by tracking my food and starting in with squats at diaper changes.  My kitchen is restocked with healthy food--lots of winter squash and other veggies to nosh on.  I do really well when I'm eating paleo, but with the little Elfkin on my hands, granola bars have been my go-to for breakfast.  The good news is that it helps with my supply so that I can feed the Elfkin.  She's doing so good. <3 Finally. 

I still need to work in the Body Weight workout 1x/week and the arm exercises.  Those might be the biggest side quest items.  The D&D night is still my very biggest challenge. Since it's Halloween tonight, I've got a full week to prepare for that boss battle.  I plan to spend some time figuring out what to eat that is next to nothing calorie-wise, because I'm a mindless muncher.  Input appreciated if you have ideas... The usual veggies won't work because I don't actually LIKE veggies yet, and they'll be competing with chips, salsa, pizza (probably) and other snacks.

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Oh my goodness, Grumpkin adventures. I've read it three times and I'm still laughing. XD MOAR!

Celery with peanut butter is a good thing! It takes a long time to munch, plus it'll actually taste like peanut butter. Assuming you get natural, actual peanut butter, it won't be a terrible choice.

Oooh, good recommendation. Raw celery makes my tongue all tingly too, so that'll be fun lol...

I think green pepper is good too, I'll have to slice some up and bring them with... I'll try to think of more too

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Oooh, good recommendation. Raw celery makes my tongue all tingly too, so that'll be fun lol...

I think green pepper is good too, I'll have to slice some up and bring them with... I'll try to think of more too

Do you think you'd like a Greek salad, then? It's green peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta, and a nice . It has all the requirements of a satisfying munchie (flavor, strong crunch, utensils not required if you leave out the dressing) and literally requires washing the veg and cutting it into bite sized pieces. If that doesn't sound delectable, add red and yellow bell peppers to your green pepper plan  for varied flavors,

Haha! Great first post! Looks like you're off to a great start with your goals all laid out and lots of game elements. 

Your elfkin is absolutely adorable!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I have another Elfkin adventure to post but I wanted to get a quick update in! I don't want lack of story to equal lack of progress. Me and the Elfkin are at my mom's house today, raking the .38 acre yard by hand... I'm gonna have some serious blisters, but it'll make up fit the five mini chocolates I had... Milky way caramel apple. Nom.

• Like 3

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

I have another Elfkin adventure to post but I wanted to get a quick update in! I don't want lack of story to equal lack of progress. Me and the Elfkin are at my mom's house today, raking the .38 acre yard by hand... I'm gonna have some serious blisters, but it'll make up fit the five mini chocolates I had... Milky way caramel apple. Nom.

I'm putting a note on top of the Halloween candy with my goal. It's a visual reminder and blockade that eating the chocolate means I am making my quest harder.