Veteran Support

Holy shit that was hard to watch... good vid though

Yeah it was, pretty powerful

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

I was in the army in SIGINT for 7 1/2 years and spent 1 of those years in Korea and 1 year in Iraq. Even though I was a fobbit, I still feel like I left a part of myself over there. :/

You always do...

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

HI gang,

I was AF from 78-87.  Stationed about 50/50 at Dover AFB and Clark AB RPI.  Spent time as Air Crew on C5s and C130s,   As well as ground/combat logistics at improved runways/air fields, running DZs, LZs, and other such fun places. I was a tad young for Viet Nam, and had been out for a couple of years before Gulf I.   I did deploy for Grenada, Falklands, Rhodesia, and a few other stressful garden spots.  That's on top of visiting 85 countries for just "normal" missions.

I hear you all with regard to politics and FB.  More than a few times i get my self riled up and wanna punch a bunch of people.  

If anyone's in the So Cal area, I work with a group of people (most are fellow vets) who are supporting vets with help mitigating PTSD symptoms and helping with recovery from spinal cord issues.    You can check us out here.  WAVES  The program is 100% free for vets and a buddy or significant other.   We're working to open affiliate programs around the US as well.

Any way, nice to meet you all.

• Like 2

Level 4 Barbarian Assassin

STA:0 | STR:0 |  DEX:0 |  CHA:0 |  WIS:0 |  CON:0

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

18%
18%

Main Quest: Lose 47lbs of fat, before 60th Birthday, December 31st, 2016  Starting 229 body weight * 33.1% fat = 75.8lbs/Current 215.7 lbs * 31.2% = 67.2 Loss 8.5lbs

0%
0%

Secondary Quest: 10 quality pull ups and/or chin ups in a single work out.

25%
25%

Secondary Quest: Drop comfortable jeans size from 36 to 32.

A veteran friend of mine is doing a survey for a masters program about veterans and substance abuse.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in filling it out to get a more varied set of data than just the guys we both know.

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character 

A veteran friend of mine is doing a survey for a masters program about veterans and substance abuse.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in filling it out to get a more varied set of data than just the guys we both know.

Well, I'm about as far from substance abuse as you can be, but if it's any help I'll fill it out.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Well, I'm about as far from substance abuse as you can be, but if it's any help I'll fill it out.

Me too, except tobacco.  I just told him I'd spread the word.  The survey is geared towards OIF/OEF/OND vets mainly.

-R. Calloway

- Sebastian Junger

Battle Log

Epic Quest Character