• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rab397

Looking for a buddy/a group of buddies in gmt+1

Thanks for the welcome! 

Add1sun, good luck with the tempting situation. AS Rab said,  I find if I just have clear in my head (even taking stock )of the beer bottles I will limit myself to helps me to stop when that time comes and to pace myself. 

I did pretty well last night! This is the first time I've ever really monitored how much I drink and tried to limit it, so it has been fascinating. Normally I am either on or off with it (like stopping during a Whole30 and then going back to normal afterwards) but I'm really loving the whole process of just figuring out how to moderate it better. 

Rab, the healthier replacement drink for soda is a good idea. I actually use a similar thing for beers sometimes, where I drink carbonated water. I'll even refill a beer bottle or can with it at a party so that people don't offer me another drink, and I still feel like I'm sipping away. Oftentimes as the night goes on, I'm not even really tasting the beer anymore, and it is just a habitual, expected thing to have in your hand, so that seems to work really well for regulating things a bit.

devriesykins, btw, congrats on stopping smoking! I know how hard that struggle is, especially when you're out in a context that would normally be smokey for you (like shows and drinking). Keep fighting the good fight!

• Like 1

Hi,

Same Timezone here, I live in Austria. My first challenge is about building some training habits and stop the nightly raid of the gas station for sweets and other unhealthy stuff.

Hey add1sun, the trick with the beer is nice. It will be hard for me at the christmas partys (university and company) to avoid some beer. Most times I get away with drinking wine and I love to taste and enjoy a good glass of it.

• Like 1

Hi All!

Welcome kkzinger!

I hope yall had a good weekend, mine was fine, excepting the obligatory trip to ikea, but yeah I survived that too!

Rab you are off the south and east of me! Did you get caught up in the St Nikolas activities this weekend? I hope the Sint put lots of GOOD goodies in your boots!

Add1sun great stuff in regulating your drink! I think its kinda like stopping smoking in that you need to figure out what else is cool with out using them.

Sulinar whats the plan for this week and how did it go last week!?

Keep up the good work folks and have a great start to the week!

• Like 1

Hi All!

Welcome kkzinger!

I hope yall had a good weekend, mine was fine, excepting the obligatory trip to ikea, but yeah I survived that too!

Rab you are off the south and east of me! Did you get caught up in the St Nikolas activities this weekend? I hope the Sint put lots of GOOD goodies in your boots!

Add1sun great stuff in regulating your drink! I think its kinda like stopping smoking in that you need to figure out what else is cool with out using them.

Sulinar whats the plan for this week and how did it go last week!?

Keep up the good work folks and have a great start to the week!

Hey hey Devrieskyns (everytime i write it i am afraid ill write it wrong xD)

IKEA IS FUN! i love going there, it is like a playground for adults. Thanks to that attitude my girlfriends fears me in there though.. i turn back in somekind of childish manchild in there.

Well sinterklaas and his pieten dropped by at my workplace! But nothing in my boot yet ;)

We are waiting until 5th of decemebr, how about you?

• Like 1

Ha ha Rab, better you than me at ikea! I feel like my soul is being sucked out - its how i would rp dementors! :playful:  Im going to try next time and see it as a giant playground for adults! I will certainly remember your post!

This is the first year that my son has stopped believing in the Sint. So Im planning on doing a little something on the 5th. Maybe some chocolate money and mandarins for the hubby and my son along the way; I cannot help but celebrate these things.  :rolleyes-new:

• Like 1

Ha ha Rab, better you than me at ikea! I feel like my soul is being sucked out - its how i would rp dementors! layful: Im going to try next time and see it as a giant playground for adults! I will certainly remember your post!

This is the first year that my son has stopped believing in the Sint. So Im planning on doing a little something on the 5th. Maybe some chocolate money and mandarins for the hubby and my son along the way; I cannot help but celebrate these things. :rolleyes-new:

Have you ever heard of the surprise tradition? That is what most families do when their last kid stopped believing. Everyone writes their name on a piece of paper and they each draw one. You handcraft a fun package for a gift (for example the sint his steamboat) in there you put a little gift some candy and the whole is finnishec of with a funny/nice poem written by the sint or one of the pieten.

It is really fun every year :)

Sent from the past

Have you ever heard of the surprise tradition? That is what most families do when their last kid stopped believing. Everyone writes their name on a piece of paper and they each draw one. You handcraft a fun package for a gift (for example the sint his steamboat) in there you put a little gift some candy and the whole is finnishec of with a funny/nice poem written by the sint or one of the pieten.

It is really fun every year :)

Sent from the past

This is exactly what we plan and we also still do the shoe thing on saturdays! Its a cool holiday, with the sint journaal and all.

• Like 1

This is exactly what we plan and we also still do the shoe thing on saturdays! Its a cool holiday, with the sint journaal and all.

Yeah i know right the entire country gets involved in it! :)

Well I'm a rubbish accountabilibuddy, but you've helped me this week. Still on track here, largely, even though I'm not checking in!

It doesnt matter Sulinar! Glad to hear you are still on track and that we are to thank for it :)

• Like 2

Hello GMT+1 ers!

I expect all is going well with yall, or there would be more chit chat here!

Its going really well here, on both fronts eating and exercising!

Keep up the good work!

Nice to hear thst stuff is going great with you! Yeah everything is going great over here aswell :)