• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Love the combo of reasonable challenge goals and keeping your eye on training for an epic challenge. Looking forward to reading more about the GPP phase :-)

I don't really mind not having actual mtbiking, I'm really interested how your preparation will translate to your riding. Like you, I'm currently unable to actually ride ny bike. Good luck!

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

Happy Day 1!  I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure that the halloween candy is going to disappear from my house very soon...  

aM10w7X_700b.jpg

There is so much I didn't know about sloths.  You continually impress me with your scientific knowledge base.

I like your Breaking Away plan, but remember you need to be in the front of the pack to execute it. Looking forward to prodding you along.

Good point.  I'll have to work on sprinting out of the hole.  TIA for prodding; I tend to get lazy.

LOL. thanks for the confidence vote, but that advice come from the experience of having accidentally eaten dairy several times at restaurants before I figured that out. I remember one time eating half an appetizer with a friend before she said "You know it has cheese, right?" No, I had been starving and was just plowing through the food and hadn't noticed :playful:

That is my whole life.

Hi Sloth, found you late but still not too late to follow you along.

Only gazbaillion posts behind!

Your signature is oh, so accurate for me too.

The dark magic one seems legit.

They all seem legit.  Sloths are mighty creatures.

Love the combo of reasonable challenge goals and keeping your eye on training for an epic challenge. Looking forward to reading more about the GPP phase :-)

Thanks!

I don't really mind not having actual mtbiking, I'm really interested how your preparation will translate to your riding. Like you, I'm currently unable to actually ride ny bike. Good luck!

Sent from a Jedi Holocron

OK, just so we're on the same page.  Unable to actually ride your bike is such a sad state of being.

• Like 3

11/1/15 Sunday

T-271 days.

GPP: Done in a sort of circuit.

Get Ups 3X1/1 @16kg

Farmer's Walk 3X 30' @ 170# (~BW).

1H KB Swing 4X10/10 @ 20 kg, back was getting touchy so I switched to

2H KB Swing 7X10 @ 24kg

2 rounds shovelglove

I worked out with SlothGirl.  She mostly worked on the basement trapeze doing her circus holds and poses, punctuated with pull-ups and muscle-ups while deriding me for not being able to do them.  She finished with 35# deadlifts (at 43# BW) and tire pulls.  She continually impresses me with her physicallity.  Her presence cost me enough time to do another round, but it was worth it.

Aerobic Base: Nope.  Laying down, just for a minute, in between putting the kids to bed and rucking is never a good idea.

Mobility: Basic mobility circuit.  Extra hip flexors stretch during rest periods.

Hara hachi bu:

Happy Day 1!  I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure that the halloween candy is going to disappear from my house very soon...  

At this rate mine will be gone soon - at least the good stuff.  

I ate to 120%.  This behavior will likely continue until the ungaurded buckets of candy disappear.

This Old House: I finally removed a tangle of roots from an ancient lilac bush I took out earlier.  A few years ago the neighbors got divorced and the wife sold off the ex-husband's power tools cheap.  By the time I got there all that was left was a Sawzall.  I misused the Sawzall to get that massive root ball out of there.  As soon as I started a big chunk of root flew up and hit me right in the eye.  No harm, no foul.  

The ex-husband had no idea how to use his tools (My justification for taking advantage of the situation).  The only reason he had them was because his step-dad didn't know what to get him for gifts and kept giving them to him.  He raced bikes, but he used to pay me in beer to do the most basic maintainance for him.

• Like 7

Aerobic Base: Nope.  Laying down, just for a minute, in between putting the kids to bed and rucking is never a good idea.

God, isn't this the truth. It's even worse now that the time change has kicked in and it's dark at 6pm. Like, dead dark, not twighlight. I was looking at the clock Sunday night at 7:30 wondering how harshly my boyfriend would judge me if I just went to bed at that point.

• Like 1

If duct tape can't solve a problem a sawzall will!

And parenting: you win.

Before I had a Sawzall I never knew how useful they'd be, although most of the usage is off-label.

Looks like I'm late to the party. But I am here, nonetheless. Following a fellow hammer swinger.

Welcome.  I look forward to following your sledgehammering too.

God, isn't this the truth. It's even worse now that the time change has kicked in and it's dark at 6pm. Like, dead dark, not twighlight. I was looking at the clock Sunday night at 7:30 wondering how harshly my boyfriend would judge me if I just went to bed at that point.

Just do it.  Sleep is wonderful.

11/2/15 Monday

T-270 days

The back felt iffy, I took an off day.

GPP: nope.

Aerobic Base: Rucked the dog 1.2 miles @ 25#.

Mobility: basic circuit.

Hara hachi bu: I ate to 80% full until dinner.  After a few days of 120%, 80% felt like starvation and I ate to 100% at dinner.

This Old House: nope.

11/1/15 Tuesday

T-269 days.  The time seems short and urgent when it's marked out like this. 

The back was still janky.  It felt better after I cracked the S.I. joint, but I still went down a weight class.

GPP: 3X30' farmer's walk @ 150#

3 rounds Shovelglove @ 12#.

15X15 KB swings @ 20kg, EMOM.

Aerobic Base: Rucking the dog 1.5 miles @ 25# is planned.

Mobility: basic circuit.

Hara hachi bu: I ate to 80% full until I got home from work and the kids started giving me the candy that they don't like -> 120% full.

This Old House: nope.

• Like 7

11/1/15 Tuesday

T-269 days.  The time seems short and urgent when it's marked out like this. 

It is.  But it seems you are making good use of your time.  

• Like 1

I misused the Sawzall to get that massive root ball out of there.  As soon as I started a big chunk of root flew up and hit me right in the eye.  No harm, no foul.  

The ex-husband had no idea how to use his tools

Says the guy who almost took out his own eye :playful:. Be careful...don't get hurt!   :pirate: 

-------

I'll admit...I haven't really the WHOLE thread. There is just too much awesomeness here. But I was wondering whether slittens have been discussed recently, and in particular how you felt about such creatures. I personally find them oddly terrifying.

o-SLITTEN-SLOTH-KITTEN-570.jpg?6

• Like 3

Short and urgent can really help focus. Maybe I should start writing that count on the whiteboard for my kb peeps :D

Really nice sloth girl is working out with you :)

• Like 1

Just do it.  When it comes to sleep, selfishness is always the answer.  My girlfriend has since stopped giving my weird looks when I tell her I'm having a nap at all manner of weird hours of the day.

Before I had a Sawzall I never knew how useful they'd be, although most of the usage is off-label.

One of my favorite tools.

64472375.jpg

• Like 2

Says the guy who almost took out his own eye :playful:. Be careful...don't get hurt!   :pirate:

-------

I'll admit...I haven't really the WHOLE thread. There is just too much awesomeness here. But I was wondering whether slittens have been discussed recently, and in particular how you felt about such creatures. I personally find them oddly terrifying.

This is oddly terrifying, like it would cuddle you then eat your face in your sleep

• Like 5

SLOTH! Hey brotha. Glad I found ya! I'm excited to see you keep this desire to podium and get there! 265+ days is a LONG time. So enjoy the journey you have embarked on ;)

And way to go Slothgirl...she's a natural!

Wolf

• Like 1

kids started giving me the candy that they don't like -> 120% full.

And what candy is that?  I wasn't that picky when I would get a ton of candy.  I didn't like fruit-based things and I was never fond of pixie sticks, though.

It is.  But it seems you are making good use of your time.  

Thanks.  I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but keeping my eye on the ultimate prize.

Love your goals. I am having trouble keeping up with all the thread this round, but look forward to seeing how your challenge goes.

Ain't that the truth.  I don't feel like I'm keeping up with anyone.  The Rangers have become prolific posters.

Says the guy who almost took out his own eye  :playful:. Be careful...don't get hurt!    :pirate:

-------

Norm Abram has reminded me to put on my safety glasses countless times, but I still never remember until I get a chunk of something on my eyeball.  

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlPo9p0lzPw

A sloth-kitten hybrid? Oh for cute!!!  I have never seen that adorable abomination before.  You can trust a sloth, but the kitten in it would make it unpredictablely deadly.

Short and urgent can really help focus. Maybe I should start writing that count on the whiteboard for my kb peeps  :D

Really nice sloth girl is working out with you  :)

Thanks.  I love when one of the kids trains with me.

Just do it.  When it comes to sleep, selfishness is always the answer.  My girlfriend has since stopped giving my weird looks when I tell her I'm having a nap at all manner of weird hours of the day.

One of my favorite tools.

64472375.jpg

I agree.

This is oddly terrifying, like it would cuddle you then eat your face in your sleep

That is how I feel about cats in general.  We borrowed one last time we had mice.  Honestly, I prefered the mice  (the cat slept and peed on my head).

SLOTH! Hey brotha. Glad I found ya! I'm excited to see you keep this desire to podium and get there! 265+ days is a LONG time. So enjoy the journey you have embarked on  ;)

And way to go Slothgirl...she's a natural!

Wolf

Thanks Brother.  SlothGirl is going to be ten times the athlete I ever was.

And what candy is that?  I wasn't that picky when I would get a ton of candy.  I didn't like fruit-based things and I was never fond of pixie sticks, though.

Pixie sticks were the bomb. They both like hard candy.  SlothGirl doesn't like caramel or peanut butter, SlothBoy doesn't like candy with nuts in it.  When they figure out that they can trade instead of giving stuff away, I'll be bummed.

• Like 2

11/4/15 & 11/5/15 Wednesday & Thursday

T-267 days.

GPP: I threw my back out again.  Worse than I have in a while.  I think that it didn't like the deadlifts or farmer's walks.  I snuck off to the chiropractor at prep today and after walking around afterwards, it feels worlds better.  I'll try to do ShovelGlove tonight (it usually improves my back condition), but I'll be playing it by ear.

Mobility: Lots.

Hara hachi bu: I ate to 90-100% full.

This Old House: None, laying around.

• Like 2