• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Your arch enemy returns again.  That sucks.  Take it easy but keep up with that mobility.  

2014-06-18-7-common-conditions-that-caus

Oh man! Sorry to hear that bastard got you again.

Thanks.  It's all better now.  Or at least back to it's constant mild, but very localized, pain with a weak spot in my hinge. :)

Do you have a foam roller?

I use this bad boy just about every morning.  According to the lady who used to give me massages, in a few months I went from, "Uhhh, layer upon layer of tension" to "you know, you have supple tissue now."  I highly recommend it, a few minutes every day works a lot better than a lot of minutes once every few days.

95129_Rumble_Roller_-_Compact_1.jpg

Sorry to hear that :( But glad the chiro made it feel better already. Hope it sorts out soon!

Thanks.  I got better fast enough that I am not discounting the placebo effect.  I should be working out tonight, probably just Shovelglove.  

The chiro suggested that a massage to loosen up my posterior chain might do me better.  I'm beginning to feel that either I smell and she doesn't want me on her table any more or she took a course on how to win over cynics and skeptics.  But if she really wanted me to quit coming to her office, she'd quit touching my butt ;)

Last night I was flying solo with the kids.  I was all set to get them to bed early so I could work out, when I saw the unfinished homework packet.  That took a good hour and used up my free time.  No workout.  The missus was gone until late, so no rucking either.  I did, however, get a good night's sleep - the first in a week.  I feel awesome today.

This week I've been eating like TML - thick pork chop, baked yam, and a pile of steamed veggies for lunch every day.  Even though the calories are about the same as usual, eating clean leaves me hungry, like gnaw your arm off hungry.

This year's students are totally stressing me out.  I've gone from drinking a six pack a month, to drinking nightly.  A very unsettling trend.  I've decided to quit buying beer/cider to bring home.  Tonight is Nerd Night, so I'll start the no drinking tomorrow.

• Like 4

Man with your family history and your previous comments about others in your family drinking problems that is a very unsettling trend. Might it be better to take the hammer to the tire instead? Not the best at giving stress release ideas since I usually don't have much, and when I do I don't handle it well. Might I suggest you change one of your goals to finding ways to cope with stress better?

Not positive, but I think the clean eating should clear up after about 5 to 7 days. Though that is a rough period.

Glad to hear hear the back was only a temporary set "back" and that you're "back" in the swing of things :playful: .

• Like 3

My best stress relievers are playing piano and long drives (no radio allowed). I can feel the stress just melting away. Different things work for different people. :) Find yours!

This year's students are totally stressing me out.  I've gone from drinking a six pack a month, to drinking nightly.  A very unsettling trend.  I've decided to quit buying beer/cider to bring home.  Tonight is Nerd Night, so I'll start the no drinking tomorrow.

Ugh, that's the worst. I hope you can relax some during the holiday breaks (although that sometimes brings it's own tangle of mess)

The chiro suggested that a massage to loosen up my posterior chain might do me better.  I'm beginning to feel that either I smell and she doesn't want me on her table any more or she took a course on how to win over cynics and skeptics.  But if she really wanted me to quit coming to her office, she'd quit touching my butt ;)

Hahahahahahaha!

• Like 1

Man with your family history and your previous comments about others in your family drinking problems that is a very unsettling trend. Might it be better to take the hammer to the tire instead? Not the best at giving stress release ideas since I usually don't have much, and when I do I don't handle it well. Might I suggest you change one of your goals to finding ways to cope with stress better?

Not positive, but I think the clean eating should clear up after about 5 to 7 days. Though that is a rough period.

Glad to hear hear the back was only a temporary set "back" and that you're "back" in the swing of things :playful: .

The clean eating is only at lunch, but I'll probably get used it.  Or I'll sabotague myself; on Friday I supplemented my healthy lunch with a gas station version of the McRib.

mcrib-5.jpg

I don't remember talking about my family.  Hmm, sounds likes I did though, 'cause that's true.

Cope with stress?  I've spent 47 years stuffing stress and emotions deep down inside where they won't bother any one.  I don't see any reason to change now.

My best stress relievers are playing piano and long drives (no radio allowed). I can feel the stress just melting away. Different things work for different people. :) Find yours!

I don't know if I could drive without the radio.  I really don't know how else I might deal with stress.

Ugh, that's the worst. I hope you can relax some during the holiday breaks (although that sometimes brings it's own tangle of mess)

Hahahahahahaha!

Thanks.  We have almost no family left, so there is little stress any more.

The missus noticed I was out of cider and she brought home a whole bunch home for me.  I haven't have any yet.  I don't anticipate I will.  Friday was nerd night - I had three ciders.  When we started several months ago, 3 ciders would put me under the table, now I don't even notice it.  Definitely time to ramp it back down.

Edit to add: Two of the nerds are getting married.  They will most likely get married on July 15.  Which is when I am supposed to be at the Winnipeg Go-Ruck. :( I'd skip the wedding, 'cause no one really enjoys them any way, but he is one of my best only friends. :( :( :(

SLOTH-SOFT-DRINK.jpg?v=145196e

Saturday, I chilled nearly to the point of comatose.  The kids had a morning playdate, a birthday party, and an afternoon playdate.  I got a little mountain biking in, but otherwise just sat around.  The birthday party was at a water park.  SlothGirl was relegated to the kiddie pool becuae she is under 48" tall.  She is a sinker (like me) so she doesn't like the water much (like me).  She got herself in trouble and had to be pulled out of the pool by the lifeguard.  She would have fine if she had remembered to stand up, but she freaked out.  Now she likes the water even less.

Sunday, the kids had a birthday party and a playdate.  More chilling, gonna rake soon.

• Like 3

T-264 days, time dissapears too quickly.

11/6/15-11/8/15

GPP: Friday - 4 rounds Shovelglove 7 movements X 15/15 @ 16#.

Saturday - nope

Sunday: Shovelglove, 30 s. on/ 5 s. off for 28 minutes (4 rounds) + KB swings @ 24kg, 20s. on/ 40s. off. - I downloaded the gymboss app., I really like it.

Aerobic Base: Friday - 1.75 miles rucked @ 25#.  I rucked the dog, got chips, and stopped at a friend's to pick something up.

Saturday - Mountain bike, ~9 miles in 51 minutes.  Not a PR, but a decent pace, especially considering that I haven't ridden in weeks.  I would have done another lap, but my back wasn't happy.

Sunday - will ruck later, 2 miles planned @ 25#.

Mobility: Doing my basic circuit, adding in extra hip flexor stretches.  Back is back to normal.

Hara hachi bu: I've been eating to 90-100%, but I've been eating crap.  Friday I ate nearly an entire bag of potato chips (I normally won't eat them), Saturday I ate 3/4 a loaf of breakfast bread, Sunday I've had a bunch of candy.  My weight is stable, but this can't be good for my health.

This Old House: Not much, I worked on the demi-lune a bit more, I'm going to rake and saw the scrap wood, that's been leaning on the garage since summer, into firewood after I get off NF. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about slothgirl's incident at the pool. I hope you can maybe find some way for her to get her water cofidence back. I really don't float but I've always enjoyed swimming.

Edit to add: Two of the nerds are getting married. They will most likely get married on July 15. Which is when I am supposed to be at the Winnipeg Go-Ruck. :( I'd skip the wedding, 'cause no one really enjoys them any way, but he is one of my best only friends. :( :( :(.

Bummer on being double booked so far out!! I've been looking into the ABQ Go-Ruck schedule myself...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bummer on being double booked so far out!! I've been looking into the ABQ Go-Ruck schedule myself...

Although Sloth said 'most likely' - there's still time to convince them to change the date !

Only gazbazillion posts behind!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about slothgirl's incident at the pool. I hope you can maybe find some way for her to get her water cofidence back. I really don't float but I've always enjoyed swimming.

Thanks.  Mrs. Sloth loves swimming.  I suspect she'll book us solid with swimming lessons this winter and I'll spend my Saturdays by a pool.  Which is a good thing I guess, it can be hard to socialize in Minnesota if you can't swim.

ETA: SlothGirl lives her life likes she's the quirky friend on a pre-teen sitcom.  This sort of stuff is losing it's horror, because it's always something with her.

IKR.  The thing is, in my family nothing is ever settled until it's over.  It's quite a bother, really.  So I already registered for the race to settle the question of where I'll be July 15.

Although Sloth said 'most likely' - there's still time to convince them to change the date !

Only gazbazillion posts behind!

Change the date?  That's a better tact than the one I've taken, "Are you sure you want to get married?"

I saw a girl in a sloth t-shirt at Birchwood this weekend and thought about getting her to pose in a photo for you. I thought that might be a bit excessive though.

It's nice to be thought of :)  It's probably for the best that you weren't a creeper.

• Like 2

The clean eating is only at lunch, but I'll probably get used it.  Or I'll sabotague myself; on Friday I supplemented my healthy lunch with a gas station version of the McRib.

mcrib-5.jpg

I don't remember talking about my family.  Hmm, sounds likes I did though, 'cause that's true.

Cope with stress?  I've spent 47 years stuffing stress and emotions deep down inside where they won't bother any one.  I don't see any reason to change now.

I don't know if I could drive without the radio.  I really don't know how else I might deal with stress.

Thanks.  We have almost no family left, so there is little stress any more.

The missus noticed I was out of cider and she brought home a whole bunch home for me.  I haven't have any yet.  I don't anticipate I will.  Friday was nerd night - I had three ciders.  When we started several months ago, 3 ciders would put me under the table, now I don't even notice it.  Definitely time to ramp it back down.

Edit to add: Two of the nerds are getting married.  They will most likely get married on July 15.  Which is when I am supposed to be at the Winnipeg Go-Ruck. :( I'd skip the wedding, 'cause no one really enjoys them any way, but he is one of my best only friends. :( :( :(

SLOTH-SOFT-DRINK.jpg?v=145196e

Saturday, I chilled nearly to the point of comatose.  The kids had a morning playdate, a birthday party, and an afternoon playdate.  I got a little mountain biking in, but otherwise just sat around.  The birthday party was at a water park.  SlothGirl was relegated to the kiddie pool becuae she is under 48" tall.  She is a sinker (like me) so she doesn't like the water much (like me).  She got herself in trouble and had to be pulled out of the pool by the lifeguard.  She would have fine if she had remembered to stand up, but she freaked out.  Now she likes the water even less.

Sunday, the kids had a birthday party and a playdate.  More chilling, gonna rake soon.

B - B - Bu But, no Winnipeg GoRuck?  Sads.

But it's good that your back is back to normal.  

Read on, it gets better...

There clearly needs to be a campaign to move the date of the wedding....or cancel it entirely.  

#MakeGoRuckHappen

B - B - Bu But, no Winnipeg GoRuck?  Sads.

Read on, it gets better...

There clearly needs to be a campaign to move the date of the wedding....or cancel it entirely.  

#MakeGoRuckHappen

If I can't go to Winnipeg it will be very sad.  The date hasn't been set yet, they still have to negotiate Connell's (his character's name) daughter's presence.  There's a solid chance she will balk at any change to summer routines.  I'll keep you apprised Shello.  If I can't go I will see if I can transfer my registration to another nerd.

I'll also be on vacation with my mother-in-law during the MN Spartan Sprint, this may be a summer that I focus on mountain biking, which isn't a bad thing.

We just spent four days on a lesson (intro to sound mediums) that in a normal year I tear through in one day.  After I finally got the class settled in, and after they finally went, "Ohhhhh, I get it." My principal walked in for an official observation just in time to see them write somewhat intelligent reflections and be able to answer my questions aloud.  I live a semi-charmed life.

IMG_1321.jpg

(not my student)

11/9/15 Monday

T-263 days.

I don't remember if I've talked about this (BearLee?), but my sleeping has been terrible for the last few weeks.  I think it's been since I had a week off school for a training.  I've been waking up every night somewhere between 1:00 and 3:00 and staying awake for the rest of the night.  That means I'm a zombie in the morning and weak and weary in the evening.  

I can handle that for a few days in a row, but when it's on-going life gets challenging.  Last night I came home, fell asleep after work, dozed off at the table, nodded off during the kid's story.  This is a long-way-around of saying I was a lazy, slacker slug last night and didn't train or do anything worthwhile.  I did get a solid 8 hours last night and feel like a million bucks today.

Sloth.jpg

• Like 4

Going back to the "slittens"...here is a belated Halloween picture for you

tumblr_inline_necuygK3YE1qlcrze.jpg

The back pain sux. Glad it has settled down for now.

• Like 2

Bah. I was hoping to see you in Welch this time out. I will hold out for next year's Hammer Race.

It had to feel nice to have that in-person witness of your teaching moment.

Excellent timing on the observation. Sucky sleep...sucks. Glad you are getting back on track.

#MakeWinnipegHappen

Rest well and get life back on track.

Thanks. The back is good now, at least as good as it gets. Sleep is better - I have to remember that, once dinner's done, to wear my ridiculous orange goggles, don't think about school, and to wear the sleep mask if Mrs. Sloth is going to look at her iPad. If I do those things, sleep happens fast and tends to continue all night.

il_570xN.503156741_mddo.jpg

(couldn't find a picture of a sloth in orange goggles)

Going back to the "slittens"...here is a belated Halloween picture for you

tumblr_inline_necuygK3YE1qlcrze.jpg

The back pain sux. Glad it has settled down for now.

Good Lord, I need to google those things and find out more about them.

Bah. I was hoping to see you in Welch this time out. I will hold out for next year's Hammer Race.

It had to feel nice to have that in-person witness of your teaching moment.

It's funny, based one my one OCR, I kind of feel like this might be my thing, the sport I've been inadvertantly preparing for. I love mountain biking, but I'd really like to do some OCRs and put a real effort in.

ETA: I've done some racing at Welch Village, it's a hard hill to go up and down.

Thanks, it was more of a relief that something terrible wasn't happening. School is slowly getting better - the other day I made a student cry and a few are trying to buy my love with their second and third tier Halloween candy. They're finally getting invested in our relationship. At the quarter switch I also stopped being such a hardass (I've gotten as much as I can out of that) and have become a kinder, gentler Mr. Sloth.

• Like 6

11/10/15 Tuesday

T-262 Days

Registration for the Wausau race opens tonight.  I'm gonna register, but I'm a little worried about getting burnt like I did with the Winnipeg Go-Ruck.

I've done these marathon races under the team name SuperSloth(s) for years.  I'm thinking of switching to Awesome Sloth.  Any thoughts?

GPP: I did Shovelglove 30 s. on/ 7s. off for 32 minutes (4 rounds) @ 16#, I ran out of time for swings.

Aerobic Base: Rucked 30# for 1.2 miles (16 min/mile pace, which was too fast for the dog, he forgot to poop).

Mobility: I've been doing basic mobility circuit, but I haven't put a focus on my hips yet.  I need to figure out a time for this.

Hara hachi bu: I'm still eating like a dumb-ass.

This Old House: No progress on my honey-do list.

I'm hopeful that when I'm more caught up on my sleep that everything will get easier.

• Like 3