So, my scale is being stupid and uncooperative.  I missed my Sunday weigh-in as a result and haven't has time to pick up a new battery.  I've decided to just wait until Sunday and post my 2 week results.  Honestly, I'm not expecting anything stellar because the last couple days have been not so great food-wise (I caved and picked up a shake from a cafe across from the business school).  

I'm working on a meal plan for next week and Thanksgiving break and am planning to use my new food scale to measure everything as I make my meals.  I generally do bulk-meal prep, and I'm thinking I might add snack-prep to that as well since I suspect the snacking is amounting to more calories than I realize.  This should help me make my tracking more accurate and bring my weigh loss rate back under control.  If anyone has a good crock-pot/easy bulk-meal that they enjoy I'd love to hear about it.

I just made some Guinness beef stew this weekend that was good. Not low calorie but super hearty. I added parsnips and reduced the potatoes.

My go-to crockpot meal is turkey chilli. I kinda make up the recipe as I go along. The last batch I reduced the beans to save some calories and to make it more work friendly :)

• Like 2

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I very rarely get invited to eat out with other people. Even more rarely with them paying for me. Then I start this challenge, and bam, food invitations all over the place XD Which is good news for my budget and my food-induced happiness, but challenge-wise...

Does anyone have an estimation of how many calories you consume when you only eat boiled mushrooms and vegetables (everything from brokkoli to asparagus) (enormously tasty, actually.), but until you're really full?

In any case, I'm going running tonight, so it's all good :):onthego:

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

I very rarely get invited to eat out with other people. Even more rarely with them paying for me. Then I start this challenge, and bam, food invitations all over the place XD Which is good news for my budget and my food-induced happiness, but challenge-wise...

Does anyone have an estimation of how many calories you consume when you only eat boiled mushrooms and vegetables (everything from brokkoli to asparagus) (enormously tasty, actually.), but until you're really full?

In any case, I'm going running tonight, so it's all good :):onthego:

If you use MFP, you can guesstimate fairly accurately the calories.  Since the difference in eating a cup vs 2 cups isnt that much, being close wont throw your day off.  Just make sure you are getting your proteins.  

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

MFP is da bomb diggity. When I go out I try and plan what I'm eating ahead of time and enter it before the meal. I'm less likely to go off-plan and I'm also able to put aside "fun" calories so that I know how much I can splurge*.

*How much beer I can drink. ;)

Speaking of going out and planning ahead...

Last night I had dinner with my cousin planned at a local microbrewery. They specialize in beer (obviously) and pizza. Saved calories all day in preparation and then... my dinner got canceled. Through an unfortunate series of events, I didn't get home until after 9 PM, still not having had dinner.  I crammed in a protein bar before bed, but was way low in both calories and protein today. New low on the scale this morning (gee, I wonder why??) but nervous about how I'm going to feel in the gym today!

DEUX

Level 0 Wizard

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Current Challenge

If you use MFP, you can guesstimate fairly accurately the calories.  Since the difference in eating a cup vs 2 cups isnt that much, being close wont throw your day off.  Just make sure you are getting your proteins.  

What is MFP?

And good point on the proteins. Should get a few more of those today.

I had a new weekly low this morning, so, yay :D I didn't see these digits on the scale for quite a while.

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

What is MFP?

And good point on the proteins. Should get a few more of those today.

I had a new weekly low this morning, so, yay :D I didn't see these digits on the scale for quite a while.

MFP = myfitnesspal.com

It's a website for tracking what you eat. It's free (unless you want extra bells and whistles) and it has a big database of foods so everything you've ever eaten is probably on there.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Not a recipe, but one thing I used to do was pressure cook like 5 lbs of chicken breast at the beginning of the week. Then fill up my rice maker. Then I'd have chicken and rice for a whole week. What's that? It's bland you say? Well, then just add sauce. I used to just throw quick lunch meals together by mixing chicken and rice, then whatever sauce I wanted: pasta sauce, chipotle something or other, tikka masala. Whatever you're in the mood for. Easy, Flexible. Pretty cheap. Just read the labels on your sauces and make good choices. Throw some veggies in there too.

Great! Thanks!  I'm fine with plain foods, especially since I've finally got a decent spice cabinet happening.  Chicken and veggies; sounds like a plan.  I'll eat whatever if it'll help me lose inches faster. :)

I just made some Guinness beef stew this weekend that was good. Not low calorie but super hearty. I added parsnips and reduced the potatoes.

My go-to crockpot meal is turkey chilli. I kinda make up the recipe as I go along. The last batch I reduced the beans to save some calories and to make it more work friendly  :)

ooh.  I've also got a great turkey 'chili' recipe, except mine is just meat and veggies. It's really good and I'm actually planning to bulk prep a bunch this weekend.  Stew could be fun for a change. Thanks!

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

Weighed myself at the gym and it said 145 (yay!) 

Weighed myself at home and it said 148.5 and 146.5 (scratches head)

Who knows what I weigh... it was nice to see 145 on the scale for the first time in years though...even if it was fleeting

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I've gotten in the habit of 'calibrating' my scale by weighing myself several times in a row and picking up various heavy objects to force the scale to recalculate.  Basically, I weigh myself, weigh myself again with a gallon of juice/couple textbooks, weigh again with just myself.  It seems to work pretty well.  

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

I've gotten in the habit of 'calibrating' my scale by weighing myself several times in a row and picking up various heavy objects to force the scale to recalculate.  Basically, I weigh myself, weigh myself again with a gallon of juice/couple textbooks, weigh again with just myself.  It seems to work pretty well.  

Digital scale?

I've heard several people say they do this because it often stores the last weight and if it isn't at least 0.5# different, it just displays whatever was weighed last.

Okay guys it was weigh in time for me and geuss what, i lost another 2.8 pounds! Wooo Yay!

Awesome job Rab!

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

So after a week of ups and downs I somehow managed to lose 2.5 pounds. Im not even sure how I did it since I didn't hike Thursday, Friday or Saturday and had a food slip up Monday but I'll take it. Thats 4 pounds in two weeks, I call that a certifiable win. Next week I'll be kicking my workouts up a bit with some extra stuff so no doubt with the way things work I'll be lucky to lose half a pound. Silly scales.

• Like 2

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

Well I got the result I expected; a slight increase to 71.2kg. It's been a pretty imbalanced week, since I did heaps of walking on my weekdays but lots of social events on the weekend. So while a sneak peek a few days ago was showing a fair loss, I'm not very surprised that I gained a bit back.

On the other hand, a gain of 0.2kg is nothing. It's the size of maybe a large apple or one block of chocolate. I reckon I can work off a block of chocolate easily ;)

• Like 1

Digital scale?

I've heard several people say they do this because it often stores the last weight and if it isn't at least 0.5# different, it just displays whatever was weighed last.

I must start implementing Artemis' calibration technique, as I believe that is probably what is up my scale's rear to make it annoyingly inaccurate sometimes.

Went up to 175.2lb this past weigh-in. No hard feelings (HUZZAH!) as some of that weight couldn't be helped; biological functions made me retain some water and also increased my appetite for calories. But now that's all over, I'm working extra hard this week to keep eating clean, as that should help with water and inflammation.

Digital scale?

Yep, it's a digital (and not the most expensive/accurate one). This method seems to work pretty well though.
  • Like 2

As awesome as week 1 was, week 2 was bad.  My wife guilted me into not counting dinner cals for the foods she made.  We also went out for Veterans day for free swag and she bought near beer drinks and force me to drink them and she bought icecream (and not even the good stuff I wanted) and held me down and stuffed in down my throat.  So, I need to get back on track and I will have 10 good days before T-day.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

T-day? 

Anyone got a mini challenge thingy for us? 

My weight hasn't moved much.. had a couple of rough days (read: couldn't stay away from the chocolate) and had dinner in the evenings this last week (I normally have it in the afternoon) which seems to make quite a difference in my morning weigh in. At least I hope so, tomorrow will tell me more.

My weigh in for competition is in 9 days, so i'll be focusing on moving scale weight instead of fat loss soooon.

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram