Hi there! I am new, and I am up for the challenge!  I feel like I have stepped into a whole new world - and I LOVE it! I have had a love hate relationship with food pretty much my whole life and it is time to sort it out once and for all.  It was perfect timing that the challenge is starting tomorrow.

I am definitely of the warrior variety - give me lifting heavy things over running long distances any day!

I will update the spreadsheet and other information tomorrow morning when I take the official measurements. I will also then give you the link to my current challenge. I do know that I have about 100lbs to lose.

Great to be here and I look forward to being on the challenge with you all!

• Like 2

Hi there! I am new, and I am up for the challenge!  I feel like I have stepped into a whole new world - and I LOVE it! I have had a love hate relationship with food pretty much my whole life and it is time to sort it out once and for all.  It was perfect timing that the challenge is starting tomorrow.

I am definitely of the warrior variety - give me lifting heavy things over running long distances any day!

I will update the spreadsheet and other information tomorrow morning when I take the official measurements. I will also then give you the link to my current challenge. I do know that I have about 100lbs to lose.

Great to be here and I look forward to being on the challenge with you all!

Wow! Your first post in the rebellion and it's in this PvP. You honor us!

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

The Adventure Begins

For eons, the Leptophages have colonized the heliospheres of planetary systems. Their small stature, a mere 18 million times the diameter of a hydrogen atom (about 1.5 cm to most Earthlings), allows them to build elaborate civilizations disguised as small asteroids that go unnoticed by even the most intelligent and inquisitive forms of life in the galaxy. One particular colony of Leptophages, or Leptophs for short, inhabited a solar system consisting of 8 planets, a planetoid, all orbiting a yellow giant star. The second most intelligent civilization called the third planet on which they lived “Earth,†and the yellow giant star, “Sun.†The first most intelligent civilization lived on what the inhabitants of the third planet called Neptune. They were very reclusive and didn't bother with naming things. This colony orbited the so-called “Sun†between the orbits of “Earth†and so-called “Venus.†They lived a comfortable life harvesting protons, electrons, and alpha particles in the solar wind for food.

Their leader, Commander Trout was among the best and most experience explorers of the galaxy, and quite the stellar wind harvester. He and his people grew fat from the abundant supply of particles. But, he grew weary and longed for the adventures and glory of being the first Leptoph to colonize a new galaxy. He set his eyes for what the Earthlings named “Andromeda.†Well-respected and charismatic, the others quickly set to following his wishes. They harvested huge supplies of particles to ration for their intergalactic journey. They built newer and bigger thruster engines carry them through the void. They mapped their journey through this galaxy with careful precision, taking notice of even the slightest ripple in the gravitational field. They believed they were prepared for their journey.

Then one day, known to the Earthlings as July 8, 1947, they decided to begin their long trek to Andromeda. Cmd. Trout gave his final command to launch. If not for the storm of odd coincidences that followed, there might be a statue bearing his likeness in Leptoph Square.

• Like 3

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I'm in. I think the addition of a weight loss portion of my challenge and for the holidays will help me keep things going. Weight loss is not my Main Quest goal for my challenges but it is my overall goal in my quest to become healthier and more fit to enjoy myself and my travels. And the story totally has my interest piqued so I'm down for it. Count me in, adding my details to the spreadsheet and off I go. My challenge and battle log links are in my signature but not much to look at, I'm a noob to all of this. Still we all start as noobs. For anyone following along you'll find me in the Ranger forums as I have long been mentally associated with such beings of awesomness and win.

Quick BG: I was a healthy weight all through high school and my first few years of college. I traveled the world and spent my time exploring all across Europe and Asia while attending school in England to get my BA. Then I returned home to attack my Masters degree, had to deal with both parents getting cancer and having to take care of them. They passed away, my brother was killed by a drunk driver and I became very depressed and soon packed on the weight. I went from a Cross Fit loving, avid hiking, mud football playing with my friends girl to a fat, pudgy mess that researched for school, worked to pay bills and played video games to escape. I had a wake up call a little while back, slapped myself into sense, finished working on my dissertation and got myself into gear. First year and a half I focused on just getting my priorities sorted and focused. No weight loss or health capturing but it was on the horizon. Once I knew it was time I did some research, found this site and bam, knew I had my fit. So yeah...boring BG and motivations part over. Strategy? One day and one challenge at a time. Every 6 weeks I'll make small changes, build the foundation I need to move forward. Each challenge is a reflection of those changes. I'm a book worm, a librarian, a researcher. I'll play on my strengths and move forward with my knowledge. I hope to learn from others who have the been there done that tshirt and can pick up their strategies. I'm also a nerd so all of this appeals to me. So there we go.

• Like 5

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

Hi there, I'm in too!
I'm a newbie, on my first challenge, but this looks quite interesting to me! I'll be calculating in kg as well.

I'm literally going for the 'last 5 kg'. I don't have a history of caring too much about my weight, but during the first year of PhD student life I gained quite a bit (up to 68 kg), got 5 kg of that off again already during summer. I have a big thing in winter, so now I want to go back to my old 58 kg until then. Afterwards I wanna work on getting stronger :)

@Lyniffer, so sorry about what happened to you. That must have taken a lot of strength to recover from. Hugs and respect.

The game is on, good luck everyone!

• Like 3

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

After thinking about it for the weekend I have decided I'm in! Don't know if I will have time to participate in the story aspect but I'll see.  I will post a full introduction later (lunch is over and I have to get back to work). Very excited to get started officially!

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

On that note, yup. Today is the official start so please post a starting weight if you haven't already.

For myself, I usually round the decimals on my scale. Two or three days ago when I posted my start I had just crept below 280, to something like 279.8. This morning I was at 278.6. And I'd even seen the scale go to 277 point something over the weekend. So I'm definitely on track to lose so far.

Also, I had the first "day" at my new job last night. I'm wondering now though if I'll have time to do the story thing. If it motivates people I'll definitely find the time, but I don't want to dictate what everyone does via my weird ass story. Also, yeah nothing has happened yet, and I don't even have time right now.

But, I do want to make the thread interactive to encourage people to stick with it. The last couple I did people seemed to vanish rather quickly. Then again, 10 weeks is a long time.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

I don't think story is necessary to keep people involved in the PvP, but it's not a bad idea, either. Though, it shouldn't take away from time spent doing the things you need to do in order to participate. I'm sure there's a lot going on with everyone that they might not have time to do story, so maybe just checking in every other day with how you're progressing, what you're struggling with, and stuff like that would be enough. We all understand that other things tend to take priority, especially completing our own challenges. While the story is pretty cool, I doubt it'll be a real downer if it doesn't work out.

Just my two cents. :)

A little introduction. 

I'm Honeybadger, this is my first PvP and my 5th challenge. I have been struggling to get back to my healthy weight for a few years and really just started to make some serious progress during challenge #3. Last challenge was tough for me. I didn't really lose but I also didn't gain (that's a positive). 

Let's talk numbers. In January of this year I was shocked at my yearly physical to learn that I weighed 165lbs. Not sure why I was surprised given my diet and general easy going attitude about making it to the gym. Surprised horrified I was. I pretty easily dropped 8lbs by getting my diet under control and going to the gym at least 3x/week. Unfortunately, I was stuck at around 158ish even though I increased my workouts from 2-3/week to 3-4/week. During challenge 3 I really started to monitor my calorie intake (food scale and measuring cups) and writing everything I ate down. I was able to drop another 7lbs-ish. Then last challenge happened. Ugh lost my momentum and fell off the carb wagon for the bye week. I am really close to my goal and I think this PvP could be just what I need to push through. 

I weighed myself yesterday and weighed in at 153. I put that number on the spread sheet as my starting weight. I weighed in today at 149.5. I would like to end up at 145 or any where south of there. I have not been under 147 for almost 5 years. It is time to get back there. For reference I am 5'3" with an athletic build.

My diet philosophy right now is "everything in moderation." Everything but candy I haven't had candy since June. Moderation and staying within my calorie limits is what has worked. I will stick with that. I don't really drink and I watch my sweets. My downfall are simple carbs and pizza. 

As the challenge goes on I will try to share a little more about my weight loss journey before the past 5 years of struggle. I have not ever shared any of it on the forum before but it might be time to get a little personal. Maybe ;)

• Like 2

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Cool to see so many people here! 

PvPs do tend to taper down somewhat after 2 weeks.. we'll just have to make sure we keep updating? I liked the idea of the story, but in fact that might also scare me off because it's not like i'm swimming in time either. Maybe it's better if we just stick to updates and recipes, complaining and cheering?

*goes to add starting weight to spreadsheet*

Also i've decided to try and maintain the weight loss after my competition.

• Like 4

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

How is everyone holding up? I really think i am doing a strong job so far. No candy and or soda really helps.

With having hit my workout this morning, I'm feeling quite good about turning down all the Halloween candy at work. I struggled hard with it yesterday, but I feel much better about it today.

Glad to hear that you're going strong! How is everyone else after Day 1?

• Like 1

Ahhhh, I didn't see this until just now! Definitely in, since weight loss is the main goal of my challenge right now. I've been following ketogenic diet, which has really been working well for me after years of struggling to find a good fit for myself diet wise. I started in July at 247, and have lost just a hair over 30 pounds right now. My lofty goal when I first started in July was to be below 200 for the first time in a decade by the new year. That lofty goal is no longer looking so pie in the sky and is looking obtainable right now! My main motivation is to be anti-fragile (that NF article really struck a chord with me, I'm very much the opposite of that) and agile, with a side dose of being able to find more stuff on clearance racks cause I'm in a better size range to get deals and steals :P What can I say, I'm a sucker for clearance racks...

• Like 2

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

How is everyone holding up? I really think i am doing a strong job so far. No candy and or soda really helps.

So far so good! I am a little high calorie wise right now for the time of day. I needed a snack to get me though my workout tonight because dinner wont be until at least 7:30pm. I also have done a good job with food prep/meal planning this week. That helps. It also helps that I may be still riding the high from last weeks carb binge...

Cool to see so many people here! 

PvPs do tend to taper down somewhat after 2 weeks.. we'll just have to make sure we keep updating? I liked the idea of the story, but in fact that might also scare me off because it's not like i'm swimming in time either. Maybe it's better if we just stick to updates and recipes, complaining and cheering?

*goes to add starting weight to spreadsheet*

Also i've decided to try and maintain the weight loss after my competition.

Yeah there's that aspect of the story thing too. It can suck people in or repel them. Good deal.

Ahhhh, I didn't see this until just now! Definitely in, since weight loss is the main goal of my challenge right now. I've been following ketogenic diet, which has really been working well for me after years of struggling to find a good fit for myself diet wise. I started in July at 247, and have lost just a hair over 30 pounds right now. My lofty goal when I first started in July was to be below 200 for the first time in a decade by the new year. That lofty goal is no longer looking so pie in the sky and is looking obtainable right now! My main motivation is to be anti-fragile (that NF article really struck a chord with me, I'm very much the opposite of that) and agile, with a side dose of being able to find more stuff on clearance racks cause I'm in a better size range to get deals and steals :tongue: What can I say, I'm a sucker for clearance racks...

Yay! A keto buddy.

My scale was at 277.6 lbs. this morning so possble progress. At my new job I only have 30 min for lunch, So I have to work to get food in. I'm definitely going to be burning more than I put it on work days. But, I am worried about whether or not I can recover well.

• Like 2

--Stronkey Kong--

I'm holding up quite well so far, I think. Calculated yesterday's calories (I don't usually want to spend too much time on that, but for a reference now and then I do it), noticed I keep forgetting how much energy a banana has, and sort of ended up with 130 g of protein o.o Apparently my little habits of sneaking protein in here and there add up :o \o/
And I discovered my new favourite breakfast (by throwing together stuff I had lying around): Half a cup of hot milk, with 3 tbsp of ground flaxseed, 2 tbsp of (pure) cocoa powder, a little bit of matcha powder (this one has sugar), and a few pieces of banana. Sooooo tasty. With maybe 3g of sugar (plus whatever that banana has), but plenty of fibre, protein, healthy fats, and iron.

• Like 2

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1