Confession: I got invited to a friend's birthday, for all you can eat. At first I was a good girl, got myself a huuuge plate of vegetables and finished it, then had some more high-protein stuff and fruit, but finally the "All you can eat? Challenge accepted!" kicked in. Turns out I could still eat three more scoops of ice cream and two pieces of cake and two egg pastries and now I feel like my stomach is going to explode. Here's hoping my body prioritizes reparing my sore muscles and refilling the glycogen storages (which have felt awfully empty lately) over long-term storage.

• Like 1

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

The protein bit is surprising.

I was really surprised. It's negligible, buts since I was expecting all carbs I'll take it.

Nice job on the progress!

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

Confession: I got invited to a friend's birthday, for all you can eat. At first I was a good girl, got myself a huuuge plate of vegetables and finished it, then had some more high-protein stuff and fruit, but finally the "All you can eat? Challenge accepted!" kicked in. Turns out I could still eat three more scoops of ice cream and two pieces of cake and two egg pastries and now I feel like my stomach is going to explode. Here's hoping my body prioritizes reparing my sore muscles and refilling the glycogen storages (which have felt awfully empty lately) over long-term storage.

It happens! Important part is to forget about it for now and get back to making good decisions straight away. And next time you have an all you can eat you'll have a different strategy :)

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Weekly weigh-in 147.5

Daily average calories so far 1250/day. As long as I stay under 1948 for today I will hit my goal. 

How is everyone doing at the end of week one?

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

It happens! Important part is to forget about it for now and get back to making good decisions straight away. And next time you have an all you can eat you'll have a different strategy :)

Luckily I wasn't hungry AT ALL the day after that, ate around 800 kcal only o.o It's weird, but it probably adds up to something reasonable.

Looking forward to the weigh-in later.

Edit: Apparently not. Back to 63 kg.

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

I hate the scale. I'm pretty sure it wants me dead. By using it to bash my head in. That said...down 1.5 pounds. I'll take it.

So I'm the cook in my group of friends. And we do Thanksgiving at a friends house but I do all the cooking. I buy the foods and make them at her place and everyone just gives me some money to pay for it all. Then we spend the day together enjoying good food, good wine and Football. This year I'm trying to make it as healthy as I can without forcing the food I eat on to my friends. So the next week I have to find good Turkey Day recipes and then....try some new ones out. Which means it's going to be a rough week food wise. A real test of my willpower. I'm nervous but I need to make sure I can hold fast in the face of temptation. I'll make goodies and then invite the girlfriends and guyfriends over for a taste test Thanksgiving kind of dinner. Let them all snack on the goodies and I can avoid them. I hope it works.

• Like 3

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

I hate the scale. I'm pretty sure it wants me dead. By using it to bash my head in. That said...down 1.5 pounds. I'll take it.

So I'm the cook in my group of friends. And we do Thanksgiving at a friends house but I do all the cooking. I buy the foods and make them at her place and everyone just gives me some money to pay for it all. Then we spend the day together enjoying good food, good wine and Football. This year I'm trying to make it as healthy as I can without forcing the food I eat on to my friends. So the next week I have to find good Turkey Day recipes and then....try some new ones out. Which means it's going to be a rough week food wise. A real test of my willpower. I'm nervous but I need to make sure I can hold fast in the face of temptation. I'll make goodies and then invite the girlfriends and guyfriends over for a taste test Thanksgiving kind of dinner. Let them all snack on the goodies and I can avoid them. I hope it works.

Congratz on losing 1.5 pounds!

The turkey day debacle. as the cook you have a lot of influence on the food you will be consuming. I think it is a great idea to make it as healthy as possible and to let your friends taste test it. I mean come on who would turn down free food [emoji4]

Sent from the past

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Hooray, a successful first week! I tried very hard not to have a sneaky peek at the scales before this morning, so it was a nice surprise! Hope everyone's had a good time too :)

Yesterday I went to Subway for lunch for the first time in weeks. It took a lot of self control to not automatically say, "and a coke and two double choc cookies, please!" but willpower won in the end!

• Like 2

Hooray, a successful first week! I tried very hard not to have a sneaky peek at the scales before this morning, so it was a nice surprise! Hope everyone's had a good time too :)

Yesterday I went to Subway for lunch for the first time in weeks. It took a lot of self control to not automatically say, "and a coke and two double choc cookies, please!" but willpower won in the end!

You go girl! How much did you lose? And really well done on turning down the coke and cookies, willpower +1 if it qas up to me to give you stat points

Sent from the past

Alrighty, having computer drama with spreadsheet, so I can remember stuffs:

Starting Weight; 106kg

Starting Waist; 143cm

9/11/205 Weight; 104.6kg

9/11/2015 Waist; 141cm

I really do need to get all my measurements updated and figure out BF%

So water weight is coming off, that is why it has been a significant drop. Probably go back up tomorrow because Shepards Pie and yes I ate the potato! Sooooo gooood, but portion was good.

I am kinda worried about losing strength in my lifts, even though I am hardly moving mountains, I need to get over this stall in my squats, they haven't progressed in months and months.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

You go girl! How much did you lose? And really well done on turning down the coke and cookies, willpower +1 if it qas up to me to give you stat points

Sent from the past

I lost 0.6kg, which I think is a smidge over 1lb, so I'm on track so far.

Thanks, that was a real challenge, especially because I ALWAYS want the coke and cookies. I quite like the sandwiches, but I'm mostly in it for the cookies.

I've switched my spreadsheet data back to kilos, just to be confusing. I had it the other way to match everyone else's but this late at night I can't get excited about the conversion math!

• Like 1

I lost 0.6kg, which I think is a smidge over 1lb, so I'm on track so far.

Thanks, that was a real challenge, especially because I ALWAYS want the coke and cookies. I quite like the sandwiches, but I'm mostly in it for the cookies.

I've switched my spreadsheet data back to kilos, just to be confusing. I had it the other way to match everyone else's but this late at night I can't get excited about the conversion math!

Just use the internet for those conversions xD that is what i do.

I get why you would want that but remember! Choose long term happines and say no to those short term rounds of happines

Sent from the past

1.5lb down is still a win! Don't be discouraged; those little numbers keep adding up. What you lost is a healthy loss for a full week. :)

And congrats to everyone else for sticking to it this first week! Great to see everyone's loss numbers. 

I will admit, I was quite nervous this week for the weigh-in. This is the first time I've ever tracked calories and macros. It's been a fantastic, illuminating experience. Before I give out my numbers, I will admit that while I eat clean, I actually keep myself in keto-numbers for carbs, something I wasn't expecting at all. That seems to be one of the reasons why I lose weight better when I eat clean. 

Weigh in on Saturday: 173lb (from 176.8lb) so down 3.8lb. I am super shocked. >.< I was expecting like 1lb lost, maybe a little more. Looks like I've been doing better than I thought!

• Like 3

1.5lb down is still a win! Don't be discouraged; those little numbers keep adding up. What you lost is a healthy loss for a full week. :)

And congrats to everyone else for sticking to it this first week! Great to see everyone's loss numbers.

I will admit, I was quite nervous this week for the weigh-in. This is the first time I've ever tracked calories and macros. It's been a fantastic, illuminating experience. Before I give out my numbers, I will admit that while I eat clean, I actually keep myself in keto-numbers for carbs, something I wasn't expecting at all. That seems to be one of the reasons why I lose weight better when I eat clean.

Weigh in on Saturday: 173lb (from 176.8lb) so down 3.8lb. I am super shocked. >.< I was expecting like 1lb lost, maybe a little more. Looks like I've been doing better than I thought!

Sounds to me like you are the biggest loser of the week ;) (pun intended)

Sent from the past

• Like 1

I'm down to about 277 lbs. So that's a loss of 3 lbs. my first week.

Unfortunately, today I had a huge case of the f***-its and ate some cookies.

Something else that bugs me... I lose weight from my extremities first. I can see the weight loss everywhere, except my gut, and now my shrinking face, arms, and legs all make my gut look bigger by proportion.

I might have to chase down some muscle pump to get over it.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I started at 221.4lbs and 35.25in waist.  On Monday, I was at 216.8lbs and 34.5in waist for 4.6lbs loss and .75in loss.  I was very aggressive with my calories and it showed.  I also think I lost a lot of water and the crap I've been eating beforehand.  I had a little bit of a refeed last night, so I want to stay aggressive through the next week.

Something else that bugs me... I lose weight from my extremities first. I can see the weight loss everywhere, except my gut, and now my shrinking face, arms, and legs all make my gut look bigger by proportion.

I might have to chase down some muscle pump to get over it.

I hate this too...

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Yeah, the whole lets make your face look less or hips or chest or..ugh. I always lose weight in the places I don't want to. But I like the idea of muscling up some in it's place to maybe offset the whole "gut look bigger" issue. So this week I'm hoping to get another pound in the books. I had too much sugar yesterday from orange juice and honey in my tea for my sore throat but I'll just eat cleaner the rest of this week to make up for it. No added sugar for me this week, just whatever comes naturally in my fruits and food. Hopefully this will offset the being sick sugar.

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

So, my scale is being stupid and uncooperative.  I missed my Sunday weigh-in as a result and haven't has time to pick up a new battery.  I've decided to just wait until Sunday and post my 2 week results.  Honestly, I'm not expecting anything stellar because the last couple days have been not so great food-wise (I caved and picked up a shake from a cafe across from the business school).  

I'm working on a meal plan for next week and Thanksgiving break and am planning to use my new food scale to measure everything as I make my meals.  I generally do bulk-meal prep, and I'm thinking I might add snack-prep to that as well since I suspect the snacking is amounting to more calories than I realize.  This should help me make my tracking more accurate and bring my weigh loss rate back under control.  If anyone has a good crock-pot/easy bulk-meal that they enjoy I'd love to hear about it. 

• Like 3

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

So, my scale is being stupid and uncooperative.  I missed my Sunday weigh-in as a result and haven't has time to pick up a new battery.  I've decided to just wait until Sunday and post my 2 week results.  Honestly, I'm not expecting anything stellar because the last couple days have been not so great food-wise (I caved and picked up a shake from a cafe across from the business school).  

I'm working on a meal plan for next week and Thanksgiving break and am planning to use my new food scale to measure everything as I make my meals.  I generally do bulk-meal prep, and I'm thinking I might add snack-prep to that as well since I suspect the snacking is amounting to more calories than I realize.  This should help me make my tracking more accurate and bring my weigh loss rate back under control.  If anyone has a good crock-pot/easy bulk-meal that they enjoy I'd love to hear about it. 

Not a recipe, but one thing I used to do was pressure cook like 5 lbs of chicken breast at the beginning of the week. Then fill up my rice maker. Then I'd have chicken and rice for a whole week. What's that? It's bland you say? Well, then just add sauce. I used to just throw quick lunch meals together by mixing chicken and rice, then whatever sauce I wanted: pasta sauce, chipotle something or other, tikka masala. Whatever you're in the mood for. Easy, Flexible. Pretty cheap. Just read the labels on your sauces and make good choices. Throw some veggies in there too.

• Like 3

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Alrighty, having computer drama with spreadsheet, so I can remember stuffs:

Starting Weight; 106kg

Starting Waist; 143cm

9/11/205 Weight; 104.6kg

9/11/2015 Waist; 141cm

I really do need to get all my measurements updated and figure out BF%

So water weight is coming off, that is why it has been a significant drop. Probably go back up tomorrow because Shepards Pie and yes I ate the potato! Sooooo gooood, but portion was good.

I am kinda worried about losing strength in my lifts, even though I am hardly moving mountains, I need to get over this stall in my squats, they haven't progressed in months and months.

Ok so measurement for waist was all messed up! Reading my tape wrong.......DOH! :P

Waist today is 103cm. That's more betterer! Next time check tape dopey!

Wait! What............?