Well could come up with a mini challenge depending on what people  are doing and interested in. Some I've seen or done before...

Record all your meals for the week in a food journal type situation? Even if it's just a scrap of paper record everything that goes in and out of your mouth from now until Sunday?

Aim to hit 10,000 steps every day from now until Sunday. Either through your normal workouts or taking the extra time to add some walking or running in to your week?

Follow the food pyramid for 5 days, picking a different tier of it and making sure that day you meet the minimum of servings from it.

On the same vein as the food pyramid thing. Watch your water intake everyday and make sure you hit the minimum you need no matter what. So calculate what it is and then meet that every day.

These are just some ideas for mini challenges, if anyone else has some I'm all for throwing ideas out there for everyone!

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

T-day? 

Thanksgiving or turkey-day for the hip kids.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I managed to get my scale back online and weighed myself in the other day.  Gained 1 pound in the last two weeks (spreadsheet updated).  I can point to a few instances where overeating happened and I'm aiming to fix that and start losing weight again this week.  

Looks like everyone else's progress is going well. Best start preparing for Thanksgiving! :)

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

OK, here's a small mini challenge:

Have a deep look into your fridge / cupboard and see if there's any nice and healthy thing that you once bought because it's nice and healthy - but then never used. Try it.

(Or is it just me who's prone to forgetting these things? I keep finding vegetables in the back of my fridge, and the time beween buying flaxseed and actually noticing that it's really tasty was about half a year...)

• Like 1

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

Last night 148

This morning 146

I like this morning better

• Like 1

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Last night 148

This morning 146

I like this morning better

I only weigh in second thing in the morning after a few minutes on the throne.  it keeps water weight consistent.  

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

My dilemma:

I usually poop after I eat... so when should I weigh in?

The answer. A pre AND post poop weigh in would be appropriate. Also entertaining to see the difference.

• Like 3

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

My dilemma:

I usually poop after I eat... so when should I weigh in?

I keep it consistent, but I often have to go back to the throne post breakfast.   which pisses me off.  Stupid body.

• Like 1

Wheymen

Today 146.5 I think this is fairly accurate.

Had one day this week where I didn't track my calories. My daily average so far is well below my goal so I should be good. 

• Like 1

weighed in this morning at 146.5

Now I just need to make it through T-day without going overboard

• Like 1

T-day mini-challenge (?)

Develop a plan for damage control. What do you plan to do to offset extra calories from holiday meals? If you're not from the US and don't celebrate T-day, what are you gonna do for other holidays, spurious social outings, etc.

I, for one, am going to do some lifting that morning before meal time. At least then, extra calories will be going toward some post workout recovery. I'm also going to keep junky carbs off my plate (no rolls or mashed potatoes), and limit myself to a single serving of sweet potatoes. If I do dessert at all, it will only be a small sliver of pumpkin pie.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

T-day mini-challenge (?)

Develop a plan for damage control. What do you plan to do to offset extra calories from holiday meals? If you're not from the US and don't celebrate T-day, what are you gonna do for other holidays, spurious social outings, etc.

I am in charge of Thanksgiving and I've been researching and developing Paleo or Primal dishes to serve everyone. Roasted brussel sprouts and bacon. Grilled asparagus. Sweet potatoes. Cauliflower and broccoli roasted with coconut oil. The turkey of course is just grass fed butter and herbs and spices cooked in the oven. I have agreed to make normal mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie for everyone but I'm making a bunch of delicious foods I can eat. Then I'm going for numerous long rucks with mace workouts all week beforehand to build a calorie offset I can use Thursday just in case.

• Like 3

Level 2 Elf Ranger

My Current Challenge

My Battle Log

Just found this thread... My 6wc has weight loss related part (though technically there it's called MFP logging) and so far I've seen good progress. Is it too late to join in here? Or will you guys welcome a fellow traveller on the road?

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Just found this thread... My 6wc has weight loss related part (though technically there it's called MFP logging) and so far I've seen good progress. Is it too late to join in here? Or will you guys welcome a fellow traveller on the road?

Welcome! Join on in! Still 7 weeks to go so plenty of time to hop on and in and go for it!

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Ranger

My Current Challenge

My Battle Log

69.9 this morning, first time below 70 (not counting water-dumped weigh ins) in years and years :)

So happy to see that number right before I start my water dumping :)

Sure! Why not? 

• Like 3

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

After all this talk here of scale shenanigans I stepped on twice this morning just out of interest, before and after breakfast. Definitely some weird calculations going on because there's surely no way I gained 1.5kg in twenty minutes! So gonna go ahead and stick with pre-brekky weigh-ins, just for consistency.

Anyway, the result I'm accepting from this morning was 71.2kg, which is exactly the same as last week. Fine by me!

• Like 2

T-day mini-challenge (?)

I, for one, am going to do some lifting that morning before meal time. At least then, extra calories will be going toward some post workout recovery. I'm also going to keep junky carbs off my plate (no rolls or mashed potatoes), and limit myself to a single serving of sweet potatoes. If I do dessert at all, it will only be a small sliver of pumpkin pie.

I don't plan on making T-day a day for excuses. I'm waking up early to eat clean and proper for breakfast and lunch, do a complete, tough workout, and have already asked in advanced about the dinner spread from my parents. I plan on helping make the sweet potatoes so they're tasty and clean and another clean and tasty vegetable option. If there's space left in the macros, I will partake in a small piece of pie. 

Weighed in at 174lb on Saturday morning. Down 1.2lb since last weigh in.

• Like 2

Only down .6 pounds this last week but after my Great Chocolate Binge! on Friday I'll take it. At the time it seemed a good idea and did settle my nerves after getting robber but I woke up Saturday feeling horrible. The sugar and crap just fried my body I think after going so long without it. So back to no processed food or sugars and hoping I'l be down a pound or so after Thanksgiving with my plan!

• Like 2

Level 2 Elf Ranger

My Current Challenge

My Battle Log

After all this talk here of scale shenanigans I stepped on twice this morning just out of interest, before and after breakfast. Definitely some weird calculations going on because there's surely no way I gained 1.5kg in twenty minutes! So gonna go ahead and stick with pre-brekky weigh-ins, just for consistency.

Anyway, the result I'm accepting from this morning was 71.2kg, which is exactly the same as last week. Fine by me!

If it is fine by you then it is fine by me! Congratulations! :D

Only down .6 pounds this last week but after my Great Chocolate Binge! on Friday I'll take it. At the time it seemed a good idea and did settle my nerves after getting robber but I woke up Saturday feeling horrible. The sugar and crap just fried my body I think after going so long without it. So back to no processed food or sugars and hoping I'l be down a pound or so after Thanksgiving with my plan!

it is incredibly after such a binge that you still lost weight you should be proud of that! 

And i am asuming you got robbed, i hope everything is okay and you are fine.

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Weighed in at 275 this morning.

Spoilered cuz TMI...

Pre-breakfast poop!

HELL-YEAH.jpg

The scale has been flirting with 275 all week. First thing in the morning it was at 275.4, then PP it was 275 dead-on. Calling it there.

So that's 5 down after three weeks. It'll be a tough road ahead, but I might just git muh twunny.

• Like 4

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

According to two scales right next to each other, my weight is either 61.9 or 61.1 kg... I usually take the higher value because that scale has much less random error depending on how you stand on it, and I don't accidentally under-estimate and get disappointed later - but usually they're only 0.3 apart. I like the look of the lower one XD Anyway, it's definitely below 62, so that's (slow) progress.

I'm re-discovering my recipe for weight loss: Only eat what and when I really want, and then fully enjoy it. Also, coffee.
Some years ago, I was in Italy for a few weeks, and was somewhat worried about gaining too much weight during that time. Because, you know, everything was enormously tasty. And I discovered the bliss of coffee back then. The only thing keeping me back was that I had to watch my budget a little, so I had to be picky about what I try. As I came back, I had lost 6 kg. After 6 weeks of enjoying the best cookies and pizza and ice cream and fruits and vegetables ever.
I wasn't able to reconstruct those events since (gained 12 kg over the course of the years), but I think what I said above was a big part of it: Only eating when that is really what you want, and are ready to enjoy it. Because often when I think I'm hungry, if I have a closer look, it's actually "I really need something (a glass of water, sleep, human contact, ...)" combining with "I want food a little bit", becoming "I really need food". (Exactly the same happens with thinking I need the internet.)
That being said, I'm really looking forward to the salad I prepared for lunch :)

T-day mini-challenge (?)

There's no T-day for me, but a lot of dinners I'm randomly being invited to lately. I'm changing my normal routine to eating about a third to half of my calories in the evening, so that if anything comes up, I don't have to hold myself back too much, and if not, I make myself a chicken breast with vegetables and am happy with a low-calorie day ^^ This has the additional advantage that I don't get too tired after lunch. Only setback is that during exercise (before dinner) I'm a little lower on fuel...

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1