Hell Will Com Before You Grow! [Indra Respawns]

IndraTzal

HELL WILL COME

BEFORE YOU GROW!

Indra Respawns

tomb_raider.jpg

This will be my first challenge since back surgery.  I am excited and a little nervous.  I have been doing nothing as I heal for so long and screwed myself up even more when I pushed too hard too fast before…  The goal now is to find the happy medium.  I need to get back to regular workouts but NOT push so hard that I hurt myself again.

Sometimes we need to stop pushing at the wall in front of us. I want so bad to be back to the strong, confident, thin me that I keep trying to do what I could then…… but… I can’t.  I keep pushing for it but all I am going to do right now is hurt myself.  I need to start over.  Sometimes backing up to your origin and taking a completely different path is necessary.

I found this song and it really is what I need to do right now.

https://youtu.be/PscXGpsF3dY

Had to lose my way

To know which road to take

Trouble found me

All I look forward

Washed away by a wave

I'm going back to my roots

Another day, another door

Another high, another low

Rock bottom, rock bottom, rock bottom

I'm going back to my roots

I know it’s gotta go like this, I know

Hell will always come before you grow

I have come from being severely obese to within 25lb of my goal weight  I am back to being overweight.  I know how to do this.  I just need to go back to where I started and do it again.

I was playing Tomb Raider the other day (because I’m obsessed with finding EVERYTHING and EVERY trophy before I will put a game away) and realized that this is exactly what Lara Croft had to do when she was shipwrecked on the island.  She has nothing.  Just her knowledge of what she had come there to do.  Right now that is me.  I have nothing to show for my two years of hard work.  All I have right now is the knowledge of what worked before.  I just need to back up.  Stop playing head games with myself and get back to my roots.

MAIN GOAL:

To stop pushing against the wall of what I WAS, back up, and take a completely new path to lose 12-15lb in this challenge!

Battle 1:

Become the hunter.  Lara only had certain food to survive.  No junk food!

I have had far too much crap/junk food.  I gave in to pain eating when I was injured and that led to stress eating and I am DONE with that.  

Tomb-Raider-2013-deer-hunting-Image-e133

Battle plan:

I need to learn what sets me off.  

Are there places I need to avoid?  

Do certain situations lead me to binging?  

Find these triggers and eliminate them. Get back to the clean eating basics.  I remember before macros and Fat Shredder and No Carb.  I just ate good food.  I knew that pizza, salty chips and deep fried crap was a definite no.  I need to get back to that.  Stop overcomplicating it.  I know what not to eat..

Battle 2:

Workouts.  Body weight Basics

Again.  Back to basics.  I have spent too much time trying to come up with all these fancy ways to get fit again.  Join this, and do this,  run this day and classes this day, join this group and make sure your at this event……  all this is doing is stressing me the F#$k out. That is NOT helping my stress eating.  Back up…  stop hitting a wall that will not break down.  Go back to the beginning.  Basic workouts in my house with basic equipment.

lara-7.jpg

Battle plan:

Get back to 6 workouts a week and keep them simple.

Go back to the beginning.  Basic workouts in my house with basic equipment. Lara only had her body and a pick to get around during most of the game.  I have a basic six week plan together.  I have the workouts planned out.  I just need to stop making excuses and get my butt up to do them.  Not later today.  Not next week.  NOW!  

Battle 3:

Remember the most effective way to lose weight.  PORTION CONTROL!

I let old habits come back in full when I was giving in to pain/stress eating.  NO YOU DO NOT NEED SECONDS!

tombraider2013.jpg

Battle plan:

Back to basics.  Look at the serving size and follow it

Lara could only carry so much gear with her and still be able to move quickly.  I need to focus on the same.  Food is fuel not feel goods.  Stop thinking I have to have more.  There will be plenty left for a chance to enjoy it again later.  Why do I have this mentality that I need to eat it all right then and there or pile a ton on my plate to begin with?

Life Quest:

Life Battle 1:

Finish Christmas gifts!!  

DragonKits_cat.jpg

I have dragons and sprites and necklaces to make with chainmaille and I AM SO BEHIND!  

Battle plan:

basecamp.jpg

Work on projects for at least ½ hour a day on workdays and 1-2 hours on days off.

I love homemade gifts for Christmas but I am ALWAYS floundering at the last second to get them done.  I have some pretty intense projects planned this year. I know if I focus and really sit myself down to work on them that I still have plenty of time to get them done. Lara had to salvage gear around her to make things work out.  I need to hunker down at base camp and get it done.  

Scoring:

This time around I am not going to score myself.  I want to concentrate on getting it done or not getting it done.   I will be using the Daily Success app ( https://play.google....lysuccess&hl=en) on my phone to track daily progress to keep me accountable but I think I will keep it at that for now.  No level up …. at least not numerically.  ;}

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

We Can't All Be The Hero.

STR:6  DEX:7 STA:8  CON:5  WIS:8 CHA:2

"No power in the 'verse can stop me." River

Been working on a few things with this challenge to get ready to hit on Monday.

Battle 1:

I have been logging my food.  100%  Even if I am way over my cals.  I have definitely learned from what I have been eating.  I was trying to go back to just 3 meals a day but I really do feel like I need the little snacks in between.  Head game I'm sure but if it helps me not feel like I am starving and go directly to the nearest junk food I am all for it.  So smaller, more frequent meals.  

Also I am banning myself from Maverik.  I go for gas sometimes and find when I go in I am not able to avoid their nummy cookies.  So as I seem to have no self control right now I will just eliminate the opportunity for temptation.

And of course I need to plan ahead.  Food prep has been a little off with finances being .. difficult so I will find some new easy CHEAP recipes that I can plan ahead with.

Created a hard list of things NOT to eat like no pizza, candy, fried food, and chips.  These are all foods that seem to make me want to munch on more foods.  

Battle 2:

Created a nice basic workout plan.  I included some fun dance workouts and basic strength training.  Excited for it so that will help me get my butt out of bed at 5:30 to get it done.  

Battle 3:

This one has been hard.  Not sure why.  I just have this funk in my head that makes me think I need more.  ..... Maybe if I serve everyone's portions then put the left overs away.  If they want more they can get it out?  I will have to play around with that and see how it works.

Life Battle 1:

Finish Christmas gifts!!  

much I have found some really great pics to make into chainmaille tapestries.  I have decided on colors for a few.  Now to figure out exactly what I will need to finish up each one.  The dragon should be easy.  Still deciding on what necklace to do for my SIL.  I don't want to go overboard so she doesn't feel like she can wear it all the time, but not so simple that its boring.....  Will work on a few designs tonight.

I am really glad that I decided to join this challenge.  I have really been worried about coming back.....  again playing head games with myself.  Just writing it out even with no other involvement will help keep me accountable.  

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

Hey, fellow Red Team member!  Dropping by to see how your challenge is going so far?  Those chainmail dragons look really cool - how long does it take to make one of them?

I'm dropping by to see if you still have time to join us in this week's mini challenge?  I don't know if your back is up to the jumping, but there is an option to cook something with acorn squash instead.  This might go well with your first challenge regarding food prep.  Assuming you like squash of course :)

• Like 1

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

Hey, fellow Red Team member!  Dropping by to see how your challenge is going so far?  Those chainmail dragons look really cool - how long does it take to make one of them?

I'm dropping by to see if you still have time to join us in this week's mini challenge?  I don't know if your back is up to the jumping, but there is an option to cook something with acorn squash instead.  This might go well with your first challenge regarding food prep.  Assuming you like squash of course :)

On it!  Thanks for the reminder!!

I have no idea on the dragon.  This will be my first!  I'm scared lol.  Did lots of planning this week and started a few projects.  

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

Battle 1:

I have done pretty good this week but I gave into a few really dumb things.  When ever I give into one little thing it snowballs and I just have this thing in my head that says "eh the day is already blown so may as well just keep junking"  I need to plan ahead.  Will work on a game plan for that.

I did make a nummy acorn squash recipe tonight for my girls and mom and dad.  Easy too make for sure and really yummy.

12235564_10200895453744756_340831001_o.j

Battle 2:

Workouts are great!  I have been doing a rotation of dance based workouts on Mon, Wend, and Friday then more strength training on Tues, Thurs and  Sat.  I did a workout on Saturday that was more cardio.  I jumped too much.....  It really aggravated my back.  And sprawls/burpees....   I don't know why the sprawls/burpees bug so much.  I need to find a way to do them that doesn't grumpify the back.  

Battle 3:

I have been doing WAY better with this one.  Really watching myself and putting away any leftovers before I start eating.  That helps a lot.

Life Quest:

Life Battle 1:

Finish Christmas gifts!!  

So....  I had big plans for my brothers gift. Got the pic I decided to do.  Put it in IGP , tweeked it to perfection and......  I was so excited until I realized it would take over 12,000 rings that would cost around $188.  ouch......  BUT I really want to do it so I may have to look into some investors to go in with me.  I do the labor...  LOL  I have my other brother, youngest, SIL, and hubs figured out.  I am rethinking my oldest gift and I am clueless what to get my mom and dad.  But  feel good about the progress I've made.  

​Overall as always its my nutrition keeping me back.  I will get on it.  I just need to stay ahead of the cravings.  Another week another chance to work on it.  

• Like 1

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

Week 3 update as always I am so behind on updates.

Battle 1:

Yeah for me.  I have done so much better on this! This has been strength this challenge .... now to catch up on workouts...

Battle 2:

....  I have been a slacker.  complete slacker.  I have been off and on with workouts and not consistent at all.  I think I need to find a nitch....  I loved running....  SO LOVED running.  But Thats a  no go SO  I need a plan B...  Strength training? biking? Not sure.  I will play around with some ideas.

Battle 3:

Doing SO much better on this.  I have been putting away the left overs and that has really helped me from going back for seconds.

Life Quest:

Life Battle 1:

Finish Christmas gifts!!  

Plan A was scraped and may have to be a Bday gift as I will have till May. Think that will work much better for my lil brother.  Plots and Plans.  Mwahah  Decided a dragon would be fun.  So owls and dragons and bracelets and hearts and key chains and.....  well yea.  a lot left but SSSQQQQUUUUEEEEE!!  I got my order.  EHEHEHHEHEHHEHEHE.  So many rings!!!  Finished up my older brothers and started on my SILs necklace to find I ordered the wrong size....  booooo.  EM to the company and hopefully they will let me know where I messed up my math.  ;}

OVERALL  I swapped places in the last few weeks...  My nutrition is SO much better .  Now to get the workouts back on track.  I am loosing weight one way or another and feel good about my progress.  Thanksgiving this week....  So many foodzzz....  ugh.   I will prevail.

• Like 1

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

WRAP UP!!!!!

Battle 1:

I have done really well here.  I really gave myself a reality check on this one.  My work has an annual Christmas Sale the first week of December.  They put out a huge table with candy, cookies, chocolate, spiced cider, and it stays out the whole month with ever replenishing goodies.  I was VERY bad the first few days.  Stuffing my face every time I walked by the table.  Then I was trying to do my workout and I felt like I had a damn weighted vest on!!  Slow and sluggish, tired, not making progress.  I sat down and needed to have a heavy self evaluation.  I have goals and they are way more impotent to me then a freaking cookie.  It made it really easy to resist the temptation when I had my goals in mind. The weight is coming off too so that is extra motivation.   I will keep this goal going into the next January Challenge.  Plots and plans Baby!  ;}

Battle 2:

Kicken butt and taken names on this one after some troubles.  I really miss my running but I was told not to jump back into that any time soon ... and.. well ... I have to admit, I am scared to even try to run again.  It caused so much damage when I pushed before and it was my own damn fault....  I will try again someday......  but for now I am enjoying the workouts I have been doing.  I like strength training and I have been working on some jumps to test out the back.  Seems to be doing well.  No major soreness so I hope that stays true.  I definitely have to love the workouts I am doing.  If I am trying to do a program I am just not happy about, I do not get out of bed for it in the morning. I wanted to do this program just to say I did it and that was stupid because I didn't end up doing it.  I really like the regiment I have going now and that helps those early morning workouts.  I am really excited for a program I will be starting in January.  I LOVED the Assassins Mini Challenges!  Before the surgery I would do all sorts of fun mini workouts at work.  Dragon Push-up races with the warehouse guys and pull-ups in the isles.  First time in a really long time that I was feeling up to doing these sort of things again.  Broad jumps down the isles, scap pulls on a bar across shelves, push ups between customers.  Feels really good and encourages me to keep going.

Battle 3:

I had some ups and downs here but  portion control has been going really well.  I am really excited to see the weight loss and I am feeling so good. I am excited for a new portion control program I am starting in January (maybe before).  I am not sure how it will go but I am looking forward to trying something other than the counting cals stuff.  Really ready for something new. 

Life Quest:

Life Battle 1:

Finish Chainmaille Christmas gifts!!  

THIS!!  Has been so fun and so stressful.  What made me decide to make everyone their gifts this year???!!!!  I had a horrible start as I got frustrated with my limited skills but man have I learned a lot.   I really pushed myself to try to do at least an hour a day and really that just wasn't in the cards some days.  I did however get some excellent time in on my days off from work and a few days a week after work I got an hour or so in.  SOOOOOO!  One cute little red and gold dragon done. Around 5 hours of work.  I may go back if I have time and rework the head.  I am not happy with how it sits.  One gorgeous necklace that I was REALLY stressing about.  I had ordered the wrong size rings to start and had to wait to start until my second order got in.  About 4 hours of work.  One cool red and black bracelet.  Around 2 hours.  This one was the first I finished.  It ended up being more delicate and small then I had intended so I tripled it up and connected them into one.  Looks SO much better. I finished the wallet chain.  MOTHER OF DRAGONS!!!  12G Stainless!!  That wore me out.  About 3 hours. I ended up having to order a new pair of heaver duty pliers to be able to even bend the rings.   Its chunky and durable and will work great.  I have some extra so I may make a bracelet with what rings are left if I have time.  I have started some owls, another necklace ( that I may start over with a different weave.  I'm  just not happy with how it is coming out.), I have some little hearts to finish up , and a firefly. But feel pretty good with my progress.  Christmas comes so fast@!!! but I have faith I will get them done.  Push comes to shove I will stay up all night Christmas Eve to get them done hehehehe.

OVERALL I had a lot of good lessons reinforced this challenge.  Had fun with the mini's and they really encouraged me to push harder toward my goals.  I learned to stop pushing the old goals.  I just had to wake up to the realization that those goals are still there... They are just going to have to wait.  I have been through my own little hell this last year....  I feel like I have a new perspective.  Yes I have to start over...  Yes that fucking sucks!...  But life goes on whether your pissed off about things you can't change or not.  I miss those that used to give me encouragement when I was super fit and cute but I can go on, on my own.  I will be my own cheerleader.  ;} Like Laura, I have fallen into some pit falls,  I wanted to sit at the bottom of the hole and pout and cry and feel sorry for myself and wait for someone else to help me out but that is just NOT going to happen.  I am responsible for my attitude.  I am responsible for getting back after my ship wreck.  I will do things I never thought I could and I will become my own Hero.  ;}  See you all January 4th!!!

• Like 1

Level 4 Demon/Assassin