• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MrsFeanor

MrsFeanor Seeks to Become a Halfling Paladin

Hello Warriors... I consider my long term goal to become a level 60 assassin, but as Mark Rippetoe (Starting Strength) is fond of saying, "The best way to produce athletic improvement in novices is to increase strength..." In addition, a recent change in my hubby's employment now means that we are able to workout together for the first time in about 5 years (since I got preggors with our oldest). He's a warrior type who loves weight training more than any other physical activity. I hope to eventually move back around to the way of shadows, but I figure being able to lift heavy objects is only going to help with the strength needed to achieve the movements I aspire to.

With that being said, I am now 1 for 3 for completing challenges here on NF. So this challenge is an attempt to get back to .500, with an aim to continue forward after finishing this challenge.

post-37214-0-29503300-1446237255_thumb.j

My plan of attack is three-fold:

Strength Training

In order for me to properly tank for my party, I need to become unusually strong for a hobbit.

Hit the gym 3 times a week following the beginning program of Starting Strength.

Due to our limited time w/the child care, we are doing three of the movements per session: squat, bench or press, deadlift (alternating bench & press between sessions).

Since this is my primary goal, I'm going to assign it the most weight (pun mostly intended):

7 STR

18x = 7, 14x = 5.3, <14x = 3.5

Food Stuffs

Hobbitses looooove food. Especially food they don't have to cook themselves.

Hubby and I both work full-time out of the home, so one of our biggest dietary & budgetary slip-ups is eating out. So the goal this challenge is to cook the food we buy grocery shopping, instead of letting it rot in the fridge. Primary goals within this are (1) preparing breakfast for the week on the weekends & (2) setting up crockpot meals for our work out days.

3 CON

For the purposes of this challenge, I will assign a point per meal:

18 = 3, 14 = 2.3, <14 = 1.5

Sleepy Times

Hobbitses need their sleep, and one of the biggest disruptions to my sleep cycles (well, that's in my control, two small kiddos doesn't exactly help) is exposure to the blue light spectrum from those glowing tablets of magickness that I keep upon my person at all times. So, my goal is to get the screen off by 9PM during the work week (so Sunday night through Thursday night).

3 STA

30 nights = 3, 23 nights = 2.3, <23 = 1.5

Side Questy Thing:

Prayers of Gratitude

This is where the Paladin bit comes in. We have been working for quite some time to try to tidy up the hobbit hole, but somehow it keeps filling up with mathoms from various locations. As a way to combat the discouragement in the fight, hubby and I have decided to say a prayer of thanksgiving for our home upon returning from work every night.

2 WIS

30 nights = 2, 23 nights = 1.5, <23 nights = 1

• Like 3

Unfortunately not. But I'm always game to expand my nerd knowledge, if you wish to enlighten me. :D

Reference from Baldur's Gate II.  If you played the game, you recognize the picture.

Here.

So blah. First day of my first challenge back and both of my kids and my husband have the stomach flu. So, there will be no trip to the gym for me tonight. Hopefully, everyone will feel better by Wednesday for our next scheduled trip.

So blah. First day of my first challenge back and both of my kids and my husband have the stomach flu. So, there will be no trip to the gym for me tonight. Hopefully, everyone will feel better by Wednesday for our next scheduled trip.

Uh, that's bitter. Everybody seems to get ill these days or has been ill last week. I hope they get better soon and you don't catch their flu.

• Like 1

Uh, that's bitter. Everybody seems to get ill these days or has been ill last week. I hope they get better soon and you don't catch their flu.

I’m doing everything I can to not catch it. We’re also working on hand washing with the 4-year-old so we keep everything clean.

Hello new gamer nerd friend!   Do I also sense tidbits of D&D or, at the least MMO or fantasy themed nerd-ness?   Oh yes, this IS going to be an amazing place.

The goals are very straightforward, and spot on.  Achievable, trackable, winnable!   You totally got this.

Well... once you're over the flu!

Speedy recovery your way!

• Like 1

Hello new gamer nerd friend!   Do I also sense tidbits of D&D or, at the least MMO or fantasy themed nerd-ness?   Oh yes, this IS going to be an amazing place.

Friendly neighborhood Dungeon Mistress checking in.  :smiley_simmons: True story, I’ve only played in one DnD game (an intro to 4e at Pax a couple years ago). I watched & listened to so, so much live play DnD that I skipped straight to running my own games.

My current group is playing TitansGrave that was written by Wil Wheaton. If you haven’t seen that on YouTube, you totally should.

And here is why I love this community so much! Have a question about the deadlift? We got your back. Wanna geek out about ME3 or DnD? We’re here for that too. Nerds are awesome.

post-37214-0-47645700-1446589994_thumb.j

• Like 1

*faaaaint*    O M G.    My gaming group would not believe you exist!   Female players used to be so out of the norm, and now are gaining a lot of momentum.  But female GM's?  WHOA.

I play 5e on Thursday night with one group, and Sunday night is our other gaming group where we just started a Star Wars Force & Destiny game.  (We've also played Warhammer FRP, a variety of the Warhammer 40k roleplaying games, a few bouts of Scion, a few short goes at Ars Magicka, we dabble in just about everything.)  

We are going to share so much squee new Rebel friend!

tumblr_inline_mpiz09zfdr1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

*faaaaint*    O M G.    My gaming group would not believe you exist!   Female players used to be so out of the norm, and now are gaining a lot of momentum.  But female GM's?  WHOA.

I play 5e on Thursday night with one group, and Sunday night is our other gaming group where we just started a Star Wars Force & Destiny game.  (We've also played Warhammer FRP, a variety of the Warhammer 40k roleplaying games, a few bouts of Scion, a few short goes at Ars Magicka, we dabble in just about everything.)

Just doing my job to break all the stereotypes. (For the record, I hold second place in my church fantasy football league too.) :D

This group was playing the Star Wars RPG, but one of the couples had to back out, so I took the opportunity to switch systems. Because I’m the GM & I get to make those decisions. :D

• Like 1

Prayers of gratitude are going well. We are going to take one more day to recover (today, instead of lifting). If we lift tomorrow, we can get back on track with our scheduled lifts moving forward.

We also managed to cook one of the meals planned this week, though none of us feel up to eating it just yet. I threw some in the freezer to save for later. (Gotta love chili for that.)

Onward & upward. The rest of the challenge should be cake from here, right? Right?

Prayers of gratitude are going well. We are going to take one more day to recover (today, instead of lifting). If we lift tomorrow, we can get back on track with our scheduled lifts moving forward.

We also managed to cook one of the meals planned this week, though none of us feel up to eating it just yet. I threw some in the freezer to save for later. (Gotta love chili for that.)

Onward & upward. The rest of the challenge should be cake from here, right? Right?

You can do it.

But the cake is a lie ^__^

So have an apple instead. 

But not this one. This one is a lie, too.

Food03_0013.jpg

• Like 2

Finally made it to the gym tonight! So yay for only missing one session due to the stomach flu!

Goblet squat 15lb*4

Barbell squat 20lb*4

Barbell squat 35lb*5*3 (work sets)

Dumbbell press 5 lb*4

Dumbbell press 8 lb *4

Dumbbell press 12.5 lb*5*3 (w)

Dead lift 65 lb*4

Dead lift 75 lb*3

Dead lift 85 lb*5 (w)

• Like 3