Stick 'Em With The Pointy End - Battle Tome!

I work in a warehouse, doing Receiving and Data Entry. I write up the paperwork for drivers when they come to make deliveries and then I process receipts once the warehouse receives and inventories it. I technically do Super Secret Spy Shit (but not really). :D

I'm still not sure about how "effective" my goals are. I'm trying to eat a proper breakfast AND a proper dinner every night, and trying to exercise 15 minutes a day and drink a shake. It's really not a matter of making them simpler as much as it is committing to doing them. I have commitment issues, man. D:

Maybe I should nickname my challenge after my ex, then I would gladly do it every day ;D

In other news, I might have lost 2 pounds, but I don't trust my weight that I really lost it.

• Like 1

Dwarf Level 0 | Adventurer-dreaming-of-being-an-Assassin

Year Goal: Lose 40 lbs | Long-term Goal: Become a Freerunner

Overall Goal:

0%
0%

6 Week Challenge:

25.6%
25.6%

Congrats on the possible weight loss! and both of those jobs sound like something I would be good at. I'm decent with computers and paperwork, and honestly even though I have a degree in education I've started to notice that I don't really like people... ;) I'm on the fence about going back to school for something else, but that requires lots of money that I don't have...

My goals have been doing pretty well the past couple of days! I got all except for my walking goal yesterday and I MAY have gotten all of my goals today (though I splurged on taco bell because we literally ran out of food so we will see if the calories fell within my limit or not...). Needless to say I think I'm coming back around to some of my goals, though I probably need to officially recommit to them haha

• Like 1

Calanthia Cobbin: Level 3 Hobbit Ranger

Rogue of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End! 

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~JRR Tolkien

I've been rededicated so far. And those 2 pounds came back. Not sure where they went. Guess they decided to just take a vacay?

So far my goals are going better but I'm not sure how "effective" they are. =/ I keep binge eating after eating well all day. But my friend and I came up with a compromise to feed me without binge eating. I'm going on a "liquid diet" after 8 PM so that whatever I'm eating isn't bulky and high in calories, sugar, etc. So like a protein shake or some chicken broth or a cuppa. We'll see how that goes tonight if I manage it.

• Like 1

Overall Goal:

0%
0%

6 Week Challenge:

25.6%
25.6%

breebles, I had a major problem with binging after being good for the day, too. Different things work for different people, but I ended up stocking up on very low cal treats like pickles, tomatoes, low cal cottage/string cheese, diet swiss miss, and those packets of instant miso soup. The soup was my favorite "trick" because it takes a while to sip, and Kikkoman's packets aren't terrible. I liked tea, too, because for some reason that hot liquid in my tummy made me feel less like I wanted to eat. So basically once I hit my calorie goal for the day, I could have all the miso soup and broth and tea and pickles I wanted. The cheesy stuff maybe just one :tongue:

Edited to add: I almost forgot my fave back in the summer, which was frozen berries blended with low cal unsweetened almond/soy/flax milk, and a dab of Stevia for sweetness. Not that great of a winter snack, though :)

• Like 1

Today was my "fuck this" food day apparently. It started at breakfast where I had 0 interest in actually cooking so I had Fruity Pebbles. Then I forgot my lunch on my counter, so I ended up with a BLT and fries from the deli across the street. And by the time I got home I was exhausted so I made a can of soup (not that the soup is bad, but it's still not a "real" meal.) I sort of feel like a Sim when I eat like this. Like, "shit, they have to leave for work! Quick, down some food before they hit that bad mood bar thing!"

I'm gonna try realllll hard not to binge tonight though. I was pretty good except for the soda and cookie I had with lunch (but in my defense, the cookie was a gift from the lady who runs it. She's picky about who she gives free cookies to. It was like... a special moment.)

And despite how tired I am, I'm going to go work out. u_u I've been trying out the darebee.com workouts that rainra posted. (I found the actual site they came from. There are so many and they're sort of a fun way to mix it up.)

Fun fact: I have 0 balance on my right leg even though I've always thought my left ankle was weaker. In doing leg lifts, I almost faceplanted more times than I'd care to admit.

How is everyone else doing? Getting in your strides? Still struggling?

Overall Goal:

0%
0%

6 Week Challenge:

25.6%
25.6%

Fruity pebbles were always my favorite :) Good on you for doing your workout anyway! 

I'm about to go do mine. I'm having a pretty mentally exhausting week so it's tough and I'm struggling, but I'm just doing the Dory thing

tumblr_n6m3b4kDzX1qgwefso2_500.gif

Things are bound to let up eventually, and then I'll be glad I didn't give in and not smash my goals in the face.

Diet-wise I ALMOST gave in and had my earned treat today, but decided to go for a 3 day combo instead. Saturday. Saturday I will eat the cookies and drink the white wine. They will be delicious, and well-earned.

I did skip my Krav Maga class tonight but it was because they announced they were doing punches and I skinned my knuckles but good on Monday and didn't want to further skin them, especially since there's a 4 hour level 1 review Saturday. FOUR HOURS. I don't know how I'll cope. I bruise and skin so easily that'll probably walk out solid purple and patches of scab. :( I'm counting the 4 hour review as 4 skills class points though :P

• Like 1

You can delete things? How does the delete thing happen?! I have no idea how to do that.

You can't delete a post (, if you aren't a Mod). But you can always edit the post and add a cut cat gif. ^^

Just ignore me. I stumbled in here, because of the title. Haha, ... It was a great idea to form your own accountability group for this challenge. I'm sure you'll all "stick a few things with the pointy end" during your challenges. :)

PS: You chose the wrong forum for your thread. But I guess it doesn't really matter. If you want to move it, you can always call for a moderator.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Laurenji - even an abbreviated workout counts! You at least did -something-. Or that's how I'm looking at it. ;D

ixaera - 4 hours!? That sounds long, even if you aren't going to be a walking bruise after. But good luck and enjoy!

I did manage my workout last night, even woke up pretty early today, too. Made breakfast after only a minute or two of flailing and debating. Those damn Fruity Pebbles were calling out again, man. .-. But I definitely need a "big breakfast" in the mornings or I get physically growly and mean and hostile by lunch. (I wanted to punch 3 of my coworkers for goofing around and holding up me getting to the deli and then I was the last one to pick up my order cause they all cut in front of me :| ) So back to eggs and a meat and an English Muffin (used to be a bagel, but that was a lot of carbs and a lot of calories =/ )

I feel like I'm actually gaining weight rather than losing it though. Anyone else having issues like that??

Overall Goal:

0%
0%

6 Week Challenge:

25.6%
25.6%

Ugh. I feel so demotivated today. I did a slightly abbreviated version of my workout today.

However, I did feel better after I finished it, especially after I finished stretching.

A little is a lot better than nothing, for sure! Isn't it funny how working out seems to help so much? Sometimes I go into one in a foul mood (partly because I'd rather be reading or playing games) then I come out of it whistling (and tired). Grats on getting it done in spite of your mood :)

Laurenji - even an abbreviated workout counts! You at least did -something-. Or that's how I'm looking at it. ;D

ixaera - 4 hours!? That sounds long, even if you aren't going to be a walking bruise after. But good luck and enjoy!

I did manage my workout last night, even woke up pretty early today, too. Made breakfast after only a minute or two of flailing and debating. Those damn Fruity Pebbles were calling out again, man. .-. But I definitely need a "big breakfast" in the mornings or I get physically growly and mean and hostile by lunch. (I wanted to punch 3 of my coworkers for goofing around and holding up me getting to the deli and then I was the last one to pick up my order cause they all cut in front of me :| ) So back to eggs and a meat and an English Muffin (used to be a bagel, but that was a lot of carbs and a lot of calories =/ )

I feel like I'm actually gaining weight rather than losing it though. Anyone else having issues like that??

It's so long. I've done 2 hours on Mondays which is hard by itself. luckily these reviews don't happen that often and I'm super far away from actually testing, which would be harder. Thanks for the well wishes! I'll be drawing on them for sure by the end of hour 1 lol.

I'm a big breakfast gal too. I don't really get hostile just HUNGRY. My "good" breakfasts consist of eggs, spinach, feta (I microwave them, which isn't ideal, but it works when I'm at the office, so), a piece of toast w/ spreading cheese on it, and a big bowl of fruit. The toast is kind of my one nod to non-veg carbs during the day. The cheese is not great either. I think it says "cheese food" on the lid... I should probably find something else, but I like something on my toast that isn't dry.

I sorta have issues? It's more like, I finally (after 9 years of yo-yoing) got pretty good at just losing weight, but any time I add strength on, I flounder because I know I need to eat more to support those workouts, but I still mess up on weekends, and now there's not enough deficit to maintain, and it creeps up. I think I'm doing better at that now, though, finding the sweet spot where I still have good energy to get a workout done and don't start adding fat back on again.

I'm kinda middle of the road with a lot of my goals. I almost always get my water and reading goals and will usually get my steps goal (although I've been sick a lot lately and haven't been getting it as much or barely making it) and I have made my eating goal like... 3 times lol I'm just bad at counting calories and I'm still eating more carbs than I should be, which then adds up to more calories than i should be eating too

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

I have mini-breakdowns every time I try to count calories. I can't seem to /eat/ and stay within my goals. That's why I'm trying to get into healthier habits before I attempt to start counting again. Right now my lifestyle is not conducive to it at all.

I was prepared to not see any "Real" results at the end of the 6 weeks but I was not at all prepared to possibly /gain/ weight. My pseudo-diabetes (thank you, Steroids!) is returning and I'm on the verge of an emotional breakdown over it. ><

Overall Goal:

0%
0%

6 Week Challenge:

25.6%
25.6%

Oh, breebles, I'm sorry. I am TERRIBLE at trying to measure calories, and I feel hungry a lot (which means I get cranky and headachey) if I try to eat too little.

Steroids are the worst. My husband was on those for a while and he was hungry always, which is saying something because he usually eats less than I do. Once when he was on steroids, he ate a whole pizza in one sitting! So that can't help at all.

I do think I want to try and lose fat eventually, but for right now I am just trying to make slightly healthier food choices - eat eggs for breakfast instead of cereal, eat dried fruit for a snack instead of candy - and I'm going that if I ease myself in that way, maybe it week come easier to me later.

• Like 1

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End

Health should be the #1 goal anyway. Losing weight may be part of that, but it is sometimes the hardest point to hit and takes the most practice to get down. The only thing we do more than eat is sleep, breathe, and drink. Like those three, we have a biological drive to do it that's uncomfortable to ignore (and we're just not wired to ignore it, because for millenia we've had TOO LITTLE food and not too much!) Don't beat yourself up. Imagine trying to sleep less, breathe less, drink less, and let's be thankful those are drives we'll never have to ignore! (Well, okay, we have to ignore the sleep one a lot because work starts early... but man, getting super sleepy sucks.)

I log even my awful days. It can be hard to get over that feeling of "oh I screwed up, I really don't want this on paper" but it's important not to judge yourself too harshly. Writing down mistakes makes them real, which is important for getting bad habits under control. (That said, I know counting doesn't work for everyone, and if you can trick yourself into eating less without counting, I'm super jealous because I suck so much at that haha)

Replacing processed carbs with high quality proteins and fats helps a lot with the hanger monster, I think! 

Good luck~ You guys are kicking ass!

• Like 1

Starting next week I'm going to make the super conscious effort to eat as healthy as I can even if we go out to McDonald's or something for lunch. There's no point in saying it for this week as this week is over work-wise (though I did avoid eating like crap today because we got Chinese!) I've been pretty good about -bringing- my lunch but my bread went moldy and well... I'm going to double down on having a good lunch!

I'm not sure I'm going to hit my exercise goal for this week. I worked out last night, only doing what I did on Monday, and I thought my lungs were going to explode this time. I think I'm coming down with bronchitis. =/ I'm going to try, maybe do some yoga tonight instead. But I hit my meal and my shake goals!

• Like 1

Overall Goal:

0%
0%

6 Week Challenge:

25.6%
25.6%

So I'm going to once again try to revitalize my challenge :/ At the very least by the end of this challenge I will have learned some new things about myself... including that I should just not try to count calories! It's hard though because I have a fitbit which tracks food by calories and I get caught up in "how much" of something I ate and I'm really hard at ballparking my food portion sizes :(

Also I'm hardcore failing at NaNo but that's okay, I am getting a lot more writing done than I would be without NaNo so at least there is that :)

• Like 2

Haha I know how you feel. Everytime I get a bit of freetime I have the tendency to pick Sims or Skyrim instead. I'm a little over 8,000 words right now.

UGHHHHHHHHH Foiled by illness again!!!! My husband is a med student so he says "Well unless you get this symptom and this symptom then you are fine" and then is pretty much unsupportive :/ The problem is when he got into med school we made an agreement that he would need to study constantly and I would take care of him, and he still thinks that illness doesn't change that... :( It's so frustrating

Hello everyone! Just checking in to say that I'm still here. I've just been tracking my progress OFF of the computer for a while.

At this rate, I'm going to hit a C, maybe even a D+.... but I'm still going, I'm still fighting, and if I really up my game I can manage a C+ or a B- at the end of this thing.

Thank you all for being here and making me feel held accountable. Thank you for existing, and for taking up my offer to be a team. Knowing that you all are waiting to see me succeed is what has kept me in this challenge, for real.

Best of luck to you all,

~Sol

• Like 1

Solunaria

of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Previous Challenge

Yay! Glad to see you're still around. I was doing really good for the first couple weeks, but I completely skipped my workout on Friday and I may or may not get around to the one today. Also it's Thanksgiving this week and we'll be over at the in-laws on Wednesday, so I don't know if I'll be exercising then either. I'm still committed to trying to finish out the challenge, though, and it's definitely thanks to everybody here.

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End

I failed. I failed so hard it's not even funny. I faulted the last half of two weeks ago and then this last week I didn't even give a flying ---. I know it was the holiday and I *could* cut myself some slack, but I know it wasn't that. I just... sorta stopped. I did so well the week before and then... just lost it. =/ I need to look into it more and see if this is because of bipolar that I get really motivated about things and then fall off and then get really motivated and then fall off. It's a really bad cycle in my life.

I'm glad to see some of us are still going and still trying!

I'm going to attempt to restart this week. Get back into and all. Try *something* and hope for the best.

In other news, I did finish NaNo.

• Like 1

Overall Goal:

0%
0%

6 Week Challenge:

25.6%
25.6%