Stick 'Em With The Pointy End - Battle Tome!

HELLO YES I AM HERE AGAIN. I apologize for not having an active role in this thread during the last challenge. Bad forum posting habits are bad, and just as I wiped out when it came to updating and being part of the Team, so too did I wipe out on the last challenge. In its entirety.

I'M READY FOR ROUND TWO. I hope I'm still welcome to join you all in battle.

February Challenge

Fighter of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Level 2 Assassin

Race: Elf

Class: Apex Warrior

[sTR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3 | CON: 4 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1 ]

You are perfectly welcome as far as I'm concerned :) also I don't mind if others join, as long as I can be the rogue! ;) Also I definitely see myself carrying a bow of some kind for my weapon :)

Calanthia Cobbin: Level 3 Hobbit Ranger

Rogue of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End! 

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~JRR Tolkien

Thanks Mrs_Cobb! :) Laurenji, your hair looks awesome! What kind of dye did you use?

I really like the idea of Team Roles / Special Powers. It helps a lot with the feeling like you're part of the group and your contributions matter. Not sure what role I'd choose. Probably a fighter? My approach to most things is to hit it with a stick. Sol can back me up on this. :P

February Challenge

Fighter of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Level 2 Assassin

Race: Elf

Class: Apex Warrior

[sTR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3 | CON: 4 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1 ]

You are perfectly welcome as far as I'm concerned :) also I don't mind if others join, as long as I can be the rogue! ;) Also I definitely see myself carrying a bow of some kind for my weapon :)

Awesome and awesome! Mrs. Cobb, did you want to be the Rogue in the sort of way I outlined, or a different one? Any idea what your Special Power is? :)

And Rainra, what were YOU thinking about Fighter meaning in the group?

Solunaria

of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Previous Challenge

I think that I would be a rogue in a pretty similar way. In life and in most RPGs my strategy is typically to find the best way to handle an issue while taking on the least amount of damage (for example sniping the baddie with a bow and arrow or sneaking up on it and jabbing it in the back assassin style), so I think being able to think on my feet and come up with alternative strategies to conquering problems is a strength of mine :)

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

Heeheehee, thanks for the compliments everyone. I only dyed it a couple months ago, so I'm still reveling in its awesomeness myself. Since I have medium brownish hair normally, I did a DIY ombre/balayage bleach job on the lower parts of it, then dyed it with Special FX Deep Purple, which is Super Intense. I even diluted it with conditioner, 2 parts conditioner to 1 part dye, and it still turned my hair almost black for the first week or so! That picture is after a couple weeks of dye. Right now it's sort of a lighter pinkish-purple . . . thinking it's about time to do it again.

Anyways, I think I would like to be the team Healer / Paladin, basically as per your description, Sol. Although sometimes I have a hard time doing it for myself, I'm really good at being encouraging and making soothing, sympathetic noises and telling people it's all going to be okay. I will gladly fight all of the demons on behalf of other people, do battle with your anxieties, and do what it takes to get you back up on your feet. As such, my weapon is is a sword and a shield, kind of like Stevonnie from Stephen Universe. 

tumblr_nqgzo9mA391qipvsko1_1280.png

• Like 1

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End

Sol, you already found me ;) But for everyone else HERE is my challenge thread :)  It's also in my signature!

My thread is also in my signature! Sol, bless her heart, has done a good job of searching us all out. :)

Question: Sol, how do you get all your beautiful fonts?

Answer: Literally just playing with the fonts drop-down!

This is Times New Roman put on italics.

This is my normal Comic Sans with color!

Also awwwwwwwwww! My heart feels blessed! ::encouragement snuggle::

Solunaria

Previous Challenge

Hello Adventuring Party!

Weekends are rough for me, how about you? Looking forward to another fresh start on Monday :)

I wanted to share this video with you ladies. It was my Monday mantra throughout college and is probably the single most inspirational thing I have ever watched in my life! Hope you all enjoy!

40 inspirational speeches in 2 minutes

Hello Adventuring Party!

Weekends are rough for me, how about you? Looking forward to another fresh start on Monday :)

I wanted to share this video with you ladies. It was my Monday mantra throughout college and is probably the single most inspirational thing I have ever watched in my life! Hope you all enjoy!

40 inspirational speeches in 2 minutes

I plan on checking that out a little later today! Yeah, I'm definitely undergoing some slip. But we can keep going! I believe in you! You can do it! Climb back up that slope! Start fresh and HIT IT REPEATEDLY WITH A STICK! <3

• Like 1

Solunaria

Previous Challenge

There is still slipping occurring... but the slippery slope is decreasing! AKA This week was much better than this weekend. I've been drinking water when I'm supposed to and I've been doing much better about getting up and showering in the morning, but I haven't done my stretches lately and it's been super rainy outside so I haven't been walking my dog (I have been replacing MOST of those walks with other exercises that are indoors). I just got Steve's book and I plan on reading through that and maybe getting my life in order and maybe use it as a guide to figure out the new epic quest system? I'm hoping that will help so I can set up some rewards for myself. How are you all doing?

Also I'm sure you all have heard about the Walk to Mordor Challenge through Steve, but if you haven't I'm using this page to track where I am in the journey based on my mileage! I just made it to almost 405 miles today so I've got Glorfindel coming to my rescue now! hahaha check it out if you are interested in joining :) 

So, I have been very successful so far with going outside every day while I'm at work! I've been doing decently well at taking time for meditation. Still not doing my "body awareness" exercises. I may just abandon that one . . . 

We got a Kinect for Christmas and just downloaded the dancing game that came with it. It's actually quite a workout! I may start doing that for exercise more often.

• Like 1

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End

There is still slipping occurring... but the slippery slope is decreasing! AKA This week was much better than this weekend. I've been drinking water when I'm supposed to and I've been doing much better about getting up and showering in the morning, but I haven't done my stretches lately and it's been super rainy outside so I haven't been walking my dog (I have been replacing MOST of those walks with other exercises that are indoors). I just got Steve's book and I plan on reading through that and maybe getting my life in order and maybe use it as a guide to figure out the new epic quest system? I'm hoping that will help so I can set up some rewards for myself. How are you all doing?

I think setting up rewards for yourself is a great idea! There's DEFINITELY slipping occuring for me as well - I'm in a lot of places of transition right now, physically, medically, mentally, relationship-y, and it's giving me a whopper of a challenge in order to reach Level 3! But I WILL get there. And it will be all the more satisfying when I do. :)

I'm super impressed that you keep getting up and going at it, Mrs. Cobb! No matter the struggle or incline or dropped bags, you keep picking them back up and moving forward. And when it comes down to it in the long run, THAT is the quality that decides those who get to the high levels. Keep going! <3

• Like 1

Solunaria

Previous Challenge

Also I'm sure you all have heard about the Walk to Mordor Challenge through Steve, but if you haven't I'm using this page to track where I am in the journey based on my mileage! I just made it to almost 405 miles today so I've got Glorfindel coming to my rescue now! hahaha check it out if you are interested in joining :)

What a great tool! What a great secret door! You are an AWESOME rogue! :D

Solunaria

Previous Challenge