First Day - First Challenge Chelsea0270516 is ready for an adventure!

Chelsea0270516

Hello!

My name is Chelsea0270516

Once upon a time I was a great ranger - specializing in water related activities.  Then my exploring & moving days came to an end as I fell in love with the most amazing Orge.  We spent much time in his swamp playing games and watching the world go by.  Neither of us wanting to leave the others company for something as silly as training. After we married it got worse for a while & then we both realized - we would be in trouble soon if we didn't make some changes.  That was in 2013.  Since then we have changed some parts of our lifestyles, but we still have a long way to go.  I have lost most of my weight (40 pounds) but I have a little left to fight off.  I want to be strong again. 

My Mission: Treat my body & mind with the respect they deserve so I can become a druid or assassin. 

Goal 1: Track all food & fluids I eat each day before bed.  Tracking makes me more aware & is one of the reasons I was successful in losing 40 pounds to begin with.  I need to be consistent with it. 

A: Every day before bed B: Every day (maybe forgetting until the next day to record something) C: 6/7 days recorded each week D: 5/7 days recorded each week F 4/7 or less recorded each week.  (All on avg)

Reward: Cake!  JK the cake is a lie anyway. My body will reward my actions - I will feel better :)

Goal 2: Be active 5/7 days a week for at least 30 minutes per day.  I already walk during my break at work - this will just push me to be more consistent with it. 

A: 5/7 days a week be active 30 minutes B: 4/7 days a week be active 30 minutes, C: 3/7 days a week be active 30 minutes D: 2/7 F 1/7 or less?  (all on avg)

Reward: New Armor!  (Specifically pants. ;) )

Side Quest: Spend time practicing my religion outside of services.

Reward: Mental rejuvenation!   

Side Quest: Find local rock climbing wall.

Reward: Get to go rock climbing!  

Half Elf - Assasin Level 1

[sTR: 1 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 2.46 | WIS: 2.46 | CHA: 0 ]

First Challenge

Main Quest: Body & Mind heath.

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

You deserve to give yourself a small reward for your first quest (other than feeling good :)).

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Druids' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

hi and Welcome to the Rebellion :) I'm Bekah the Druid Ambassador (ie. my job is to help newbies who may want to join the Druids Guild for their future challenges, or anyone that needs help really :) ) and I just wanted to pop in and say hello and let you know that I am only a PM away if you need support, encouragement or help with anything at all!

mlfw2637-121208_-_animated_applejack_cid

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

*Update*

Training has begun.  I made my way to the practice grounds & found myself surrounded by adventurers with significantly more skill than me.  Looking at them, I realized, I have a very long way to go.  If I want to level up any time soon I need to grind through some of the basics & set myself up for success.  Thankfully I am not judged by their levels, but by my own improvements. 

While I worked on increasing my overall strength, my beloved Ogre took our canine companion for a walk.  Win Win!!  

Recording food is more of a challenge than I expected.  More to follow later.

In the back of my mind I keep asking - is this choice helping me train to be a druid?  (After much discussion with my lovely husband I think druid is probably the class for me)

Is sitting on the couch taking me closer to my goal?  Is playing a video game for hours on end with little to no movement going to get me to where I want to be?  Is that second helping helping me?

If the answer is no - I have actually been stopping the action!  Which is a major improvement.  I love the mentality of leveling up at life.  

I also start listening to the Zombies Run app again - it is like a podcast but it is also a game & you listen to your music, & every 10-15 minutes a story part will play.  They even keep track of whether you run faster when the Zombies get close & you loose items if you don't hustle.  I am purposely only going to use it when I work out so it will be a positive re-enforcer. :) 

I FOUND A ROCK CLIMBING GYM!  Now to find the time to get there... it may be a while before I actually get to go. But at least I know it is there. 

@Bekah Thank you for the welcome! :D

@Blaidd I think you are right but I am in the tricky position of someone who can't reward with food (for the obvious reasons) and has a pretty tight budget.  So where that leaves me I am not sure. 

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Congrats on your strong start to this challenge! That zombie running app sounds amazing and really fun. I might check it out :)

Rock climbing is great for building muscle! You should give it a shot sometime soon!

• Like 1

Hippie Hermit

Level: 0 Recruit

Race: Hobbit

STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - WIS 0 - CHA 0

Current Quest

"Face to face? Twice in one day? It seemed unnecessary."

dogvomit.jpg?format=original

Proverbs 26:11

This is so applicable to the whole diet idea - I couldn't help but share.  It is foolish to continue making the same mistakes over and over when we already know where they are taking us.  Down an unhealthy path. And the dog vomit thing just makes me giggle.....

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

dogvomit.jpg?format=original

Proverbs 26:11

This is so applicable to the whole diet idea - I couldn't help but share.  It is foolish to continue making the same mistakes over and over when we already know where they are taking us.  Down an unhealthy path. And the dog vomit thing just makes me giggle.....

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Hi. I've been in the struggle of tracking food. It gets easier the more you do it! Good luck.

Also, love the proverbs quote. My dog would be horrified at the thought tho... She gets mad at being forced to eat dog food when people food sounds so much better. 

• Like 1

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)

Hi. I've been in the struggle of tracking food. It gets easier the more you do it! Good luck.

Also, love the proverbs quote. My dog would be horrified at the thought tho... She gets mad at being forced to eat dog food when people food sounds so much better. 

I know - I've gotten lazy............................................ yep.  That's what this is. 

Lol!

My dog is on the opposite side - she will eat anything that might be tasty or full of flavor including cat poop & poisonous plants.  o.O

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

The ogre looked disdainfully at the plate his beloved half elf wife set before him.  It had a clementine, some peas, & spaghetti on it. 

Why is that orange thing on my plate?

Why wouldn't it be on your plate?

Because it's healthy....and gross.....

This may be harder than I thought it would be.   Anyone have some good recipes for fruits/veggie side dishes?   

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

tqe12.jpg

The half-elf woman smiled up at her Ogre - 

Look!  I had to use the next notch down on my belt!  It's been a few months since I used that one. 

He looked up at her grinned & went back to his work. 

Success!!  This week has had the desired effect!

I am down almost 2 pounds - putting me at just a hairs breath above my goal weight!  Just tracking what I am eating has made it easier to know when to say no to the extra portion or piece of candy.  Keeping track of fluids has also given me the added benefit of wanting (& drinking) more water than I normally drink.  Truth be told - the number on the scale isn't as important to me now that I am basically already there.  The number will probably go down a little more as I continue this challenge, but I am more focused on building healthy habits (again) that will stick long term.  That way I can keep my body the size it is & strengthen it. 

Both of my side quests have been completed.  Though the religion one will be on-going.  I am a much more pleasant person when I am dedicating time to God every day.  I think I will leave the wording vague because being able to say it is done makes me happy. 

Also - this wasn't listed as a quest, but I got inspired by a few other adventurers & did a lot of cleaning in my life.  We (the hubby & I) cleaned & disinfected our basement (the dog had a few accidents down there & it needed to be done), purged my closet & donated the non-needed items, & cleaned our finances (reconciled our budget & actual spending which I haven't had the mental power to do in the last few months).  I even got rid of a bunch of my books that I'd been holding onto for sentimental reasons, but I hadn't used in years - actually close to a decade.

I have been on average a B (close to an A but not quite) for tracking. 

I have been on average an A for being active.  I have found if I sit down when I get home I am much less inclined to get up again before bed.  Therefore I think I may add in another side quest to clean for 15 minutes after dinner each night.  That way I am getting up & getting things done.  If I accomplish this (pass or fail) I will get a fancy coffee on Friday morning before work. (And I will track it!!)

Life seems pretty good right now!

Happy Friday!

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

giphy.gif

Way to go with the tracking, knowledge is instant power. What a great first week. Keep that positive mind into the next week!

The thing that helped me the most in getting healthier (and i'm surely not there yet) is having a goal to work to! Since i took up lifting, it's easier to say no to unhealthy things, just because they don't support the goal! If you need any help just let me know.

In case you haven’t noticed, i’m an Assassin Ambassador. The Assassin Guild is a guild made up of people who like to be masters of their own bodies. We like training anywhere, anytime with anything. For ourselves, in competition, in cooperation or just for plain fun! The whole world can be our playground!

We Ambassadors assist, support and encourage new recruits. So if you have any specific questions don’t hesitate to ask me or any of the other Ambassadors or Guild Leaders.

There is a thread specific for recruits who are thinking about becoming Assassins, you can find it here: Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat. It’s a place where you can meet other recruits who are also thinking about becoming Assassins after your first challenge as a recruit.

If during your first 6-week-challenge you want to know what is going on within the Assassin Guild this thread is a good one to follow. Assassin Guild Info & Announcements You can find some basic info and all announcements regarding the Assassin Guild.

If you are into just hanging out with some assassins there is the  Assassins' Den. There will be talk about all sorts of things over there. Feel free to roam around! If you want to know what it’s like to be an Assassin you can check out the thread with the Assassins which have been interviewed, its called Assassins Uncloaked. There is even a thread on Food: Assassins' Scullery.

As you can see there is plenty to explore in the world of the Assassin Guild. Good luck on your challenge and be sure to PM me if there is anything i can do for you.

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

giphy.gif

Way to go with the tracking, knowledge is instant power. What a great first week. Keep that positive mind into the next week!

The thing that helped me the most in getting healthier (and i'm surely not there yet) is having a goal to work to! Since i took up lifting, it's easier to say no to unhealthy things, just because they don't support the goal! If you need any help just let me know.

In case you haven’t noticed, i’m an Assassin Ambassador. The Assassin Guild is a guild made up of people who like to be masters of their own bodies. We like training anywhere, anytime with anything. For ourselves, in competition, in cooperation or just for plain fun! The whole world can be our playground!

We Ambassadors assist, support and encourage new recruits. So if you have any specific questions don’t hesitate to ask me or any of the other Ambassadors or Guild Leaders.

There is a thread specific for recruits who are thinking about becoming Assassins, you can find it here: Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat. It’s a place where you can meet other recruits who are also thinking about becoming Assassins after your first challenge as a recruit.

If during your first 6-week-challenge you want to know what is going on within the Assassin Guild this thread is a good one to follow. Assassin Guild Info & Announcements You can find some basic info and all announcements regarding the Assassin Guild.

If you are into just hanging out with some assassins there is the  Assassins' Den. There will be talk about all sorts of things over there. Feel free to roam around! If you want to know what it’s like to be an Assassin you can check out the thread with the Assassins which have been interviewed, its called Assassins Uncloaked. There is even a thread on Food: Assassins' Scullery.

As you can see there is plenty to explore in the world of the Assassin Guild. Good luck on your challenge and be sure to PM me if there is anything i can do for you.

Aw thanks!

So looking at your Assasins Q & A - is that still a live thread?  It looks like it was geared toward the last challenge.

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Mr. Wiles covered all the important stuff but I am here to bring support (WOO CLIMBING GYM!! YOU NEED TO TRY DIS!)

....and cat pictures!

funny-cat-picture-i-am-ninja-i-can-see-y

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Mr. Wiles covered all the important stuff but I am here to bring support (WOO CLIMBING GYM!! YOU NEED TO TRY DIS!)

....and cat pictures!

funny-cat-picture-i-am-ninja-i-can-see-y

Alrighty. It's official in the span of an afternoon your rampant cat pictures have made my day go from semi awful to pretty awesome.  I think I am going to fit with the assassins a lot better lol!  

Also climbing is SOOOO much fun.  I can't wait to get to that gym....

• Like 1

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Quick update - I am still doing pretty well with tracking.  Since I started tracking I became more aware of the amount of processed food I was eating (it was kinda nuts & probably the reason I was still feeling the munchies all the time).  I've been focused on eating less processed stuff.  

*I probably wont end up doing Paleo - I love my carbs too much, but I get the mentality*

Breakfast has been oatmeal with nuts, lunch has been beef n barley stew, & dinner has varied. I feel a lot better.  Physically less bloated than I was, less hungry all the time, and mentally I am proud of myself.  

It is weird to feel full all the time & not have eaten all the calories I was aiming to for the day. 

TMI alert - That said my weight went up a pound - I think (I hope any way) it is just my female parts doing their thing.  Typically I gain a pound & then loose 2 the next week.  Since I have been on point with being active & eating appropriately I think that this has to be it.  However - every time it happens it makes me sad in my heart.  

Activity wise I am meeting my goal, but I would like to be exceeding it like I was last week.  The time change & early sunset has made walking the dog almost impossible - I am not comfortable walking her without sunlight. 

We - the hubby and I - started a new MMO Wild Star!  Every time there was a cut scene I did crunches.  I am going to make some sort of commitment to doing activity while playing this game so I don't loose my gusto.  Not sure what though. 

Personal revelation - If you don't open up to people you will never be known.  And being quiet doesn't make you nice. Huge social revelation for me this week.  Not related to physical fitness, but definitely related to social/mental fitness.  I've always been of the thumper mentality (If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all), but after talking with someone I had been having conflicts with I feel like my eyes have been opened.  I need to be more open with people. Not pointedly mean, but willing to voice my opinion when it is different. Conflict is okay.  It makes you grow.....

/endramble

• Like 1

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Personal revelation - If you don't open up to people you will never be known.  And being quiet doesn't make you nice. Huge social revelation for me this week.  Not related to physical fitness, but definitely related to social/mental fitness.  I've always been of the thumper mentality (If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all), but after talking with someone I had been having conflicts with I feel like my eyes have been opened.  I need to be more open with people. Not pointedly mean, but willing to voice my opinion when it is different. Conflict is okay.  It makes you grow.....

/endramble

This is a super duper important thing to learn! It's hardest when you start doing it, but doing things that scare you is good for you, right? AND being more open makes life more rewarding and full!

And being honest and open with people leads to better relationships across the board! The quality of my friendships since I started being more open and direct about everything and not holding my tongue is...I can't even really adequately describe the difference. It's like night and day. My life is so much better now!  (And yes for me that did mean having to cut out some people that I realized once honesty was there there just wasn't a real relationship there to begin with.)

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Hola! 

I have been a little on the busy side so I haven't been on here quite as much :( 

So far so good!  I have an accountabilibuddy in real life now!  She also happens to be on here.  I am pumped to get started on working out with her (or separately & being accountable to one another).  I think that is going to help me keep motivated to stay moving. 

Weight wise - I am down a pound!! woot woot!  

I am still on point for the tracking & activity.  (same as last week)

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Phew!  Time flies by when you are trying to manage life.  My best friend is getting married in 2 weeks so there have been a slew of activities related to her wedding & between that, work & church I haven't had a chance to breathe.

I am a little off with the tracking business.  I need to be WAY more gungho with thanksgiving coming up.  I've been using Weight Watchers tracker, but I lost my life time membership since I am outside of my goal weight range (literally by a few pounds IT IS SO FRUSTRATING).  :'( I don't really want to pay for a tracker - but I love using points & they work really well for me.  I am not sure if I am going to just bite the bullet & pay for a month of membership or figure something else out. 

As far as activity goes I am still technically meeting my goal - but I want to push the "being active for 30 minutes" to something a little more intense than what I am doing.  I have just been super tired this week.  One of my friends challenged me to the Angry Birds workout & I did the first one on Saturday - it totally kicked my butt.  I am just now getting over the muscle soreness.  Maybe I should go a little easier next time so I don't miss so many days of workouts. 

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

My Mission: Treat my body & mind with the respect they deserve so I can become a druid or assassin. 

Goal 1: Track all food & fluids I eat each day before bed.  Tracking makes me more aware & is one of the reasons I was successful in losing 40 pounds to begin with.  I need to be consistent with it. 

A: Every day before bed B: Every day (maybe forgetting until the next day to record something) C: 6/7 days recorded each week D: 5/7 days recorded each week F 4/7 or less recorded each week.  (All on avg)

STATS: WIS +2 CON +2

Reward: Cake!  JK the cake is a lie anyway. My body will reward my actions - I will feel better :)

Goal 2: Be active 5/7 days a week for at least 30 minutes per day.  I already walk during my break at work - this will just push me to be more consistent with it. 

A: 5/7 days a week be active 30 minutes B: 4/7 days a week be active 30 minutes, C: 3/7 days a week be active 30 minutes D: 2/7 F 1/7 or less?  (all on avg)

STATS: STR +1 DEX +1 STA +2

Reward: New Armor!  (Specifically pants. ;) )

Side Quest: Spend time practicing my religion outside of services. *5/7 days per week.

Reward: Mental rejuvenation!  

STATS: WIS + 1 CON + 1 

Side Quest: Find local rock climbing wall.

Reward: Get to go rock climbing!  

Mid Challenge Summary: 

Goal 1: Tracking Food - I am at 73% (because of this week :'( my avg dropped)   WIS & CON +1.46

Goal 2: Being Active - I am at 100% I am a little on the surprised side, but pleasantly so. STR & DEX +1 STA +2

Side Goal: Devotionals - I am at 100% for.  WIS +1 & CON +1

Side Goal: Find a Rock Climbing Wall - I am at 100% for. 

Current Stats!

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Oh, how I can relate about time flying. :) My first attempt I had daily food logs as a goal and struggled with keeping it up. Don't worry too much about perfection. I think the best strategy is to do what you can, breathe, and celebrate little victories even if they don't align with your original goal.

It looks like you are doing great on reaching your other goals.  Awesome! I haven't done the Angry Birds workout, but if you want to ease into a more intense activity level, you may want to peek at the Bodyweight Brigade Level 1 workout. I've been using it this round. As I've gotten stronger, I've been setting mini quests like "be able to do all the push-ups for one round" or "hold plank for 20 seconds." It has helped me focus on technique. However, I wouldn't recommend doing what I did the first week: I did Workout A one day and then Workout B the next. My muscles were really stiff and it took me a few days to recover. Most days I can complete the three rounds of the workout with warm-up and cool down in or around 30 minutes. Unless my son exercises with me, then it goes a bit longer because the movements are new to him.

By the way, I read your profile and your goals and found myself saying "Me too" to large chunks of it. In general I'm pretty active and prefer to do activities that don't involve treadmills and such. My reward for completing this challenge is to go rock climbing. I used to be regular climber at gyms and outdoors. Then I got married, moved away from climbing gyms and good outdoor areas, had kids, and then didn't start thinking about climbing it until last year. The nearest gym is about an hour and a half drive, but I figure it'll be a fun celebration. Although, I will confess I did contemplate cake being my reward instead.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and that your friend's wedding plans run smooth.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

I am getting a little frustrated with my body.  I just had my second spike in weight - a significant one (I am up to 168).  

I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS WEIGHT IN OVER A YEAR!  :nightmare:

I don't know why.  My weight shouldn't have jumped that much.  (No I am not pregnant - I checked)

GAH. 

I think I am going to come up with some general plans for meals & work at sticking to those plans.  

First Challenge

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Don't get too frustrated about weight. A single measurement doesn't tell the whole story. Weight has to be averaged to be of some use. i'm keeping records of mine since about 4 years. And i can tell you i have seen differences of more than 5 pounds in two or three days!

On the other hand, working out plans for meals is a really good thing and you can learn and benefit a lot from it, so i would certainly try that out.

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...