• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bigdude

Lifting with wedding rings?

I took my ring off to go tot he gym about 3 weeks ago, haven got round to putting it back on yet.

I just dont find them particularily comfortable .... even wearing 16b boxing gloves they hurt when you hit a heavy bag ..... on the rowing machine they take chunks out your palm, chin-ups, rows, curls they shread your finger.

thats just the gym.

working on cars they get caught up, digging in the garden they destroy your finger, driving a car they wear the leather on the steering wheel and gear stick .... moisturising a baby, you end up with a slimy metal ring on your finger that stays slimey ..... cooking they attract dirt and you need to take them off to clean 

I took my ring off to go tot he gym about 3 weeks ago, haven got round to putting it back on yet.

I just dont find them particularily comfortable .... even wearing 16b boxing gloves they hurt when you hit a heavy bag ..... on the rowing machine they take chunks out your palm, chin-ups, rows, curls they shread your finger.

thats just the gym.

working on cars they get caught up, digging in the garden they destroy your finger, driving a car they wear the leather on the steering wheel and gear stick .... moisturising a baby, you end up with a slimy metal ring on your finger that stays slimey ..... cooking they attract dirt and you need to take them off to clean 

I'm just the opposite, until I started barbell training I never took my ring off.  I sleep in it, shower with it on, etc  I have a permanent indent on my left ring finger.  In the 15 years I wore it before I started working out I could probably count the number of times it was off my finger on the fingers of both hands.  Even now when working out, I take it off in the locker room and clip it to a carabiner on my gym bag that's there for that purpose, and put it back on as soon as I'm done showering. 

Then again, it's a pretty plain gold band, no stones or anything.

• Like 1

I haven't worn a ring in a very long time. Actually since, I started my fitness journey and my ring no longer fits. I haven't bothered getting one since. Even then I had it off my hand often as I had no interest in losing a finger or even worse "degloving". 

I've considered getting a tattoo, but still don't find it worth the investment to display my marriage. IF I get hit on, which is never, I don't think it would matter much if I'm married or not. I'm also not going out in the world hitting on women.

I take it off sometimes when it bothers the shit out of me, otherwise I just leave it on. Some women don't see a wedding ring as a wall, they just keep on making moves.

Wow! You must be SUPER hot!

Don't worry... Losing all the skin on your finger will definitely help with that.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd post an update:

I got a set of these rings from Amazon and they feel pretty nice and are quite cheap.

However, I play with my ring a lot (tactile learner- always gotta be fidgeting) and the one I've been wearing has already started to split along the seam between the colors.

If I wear those out and get another it'll be a single piece.  Mostly I wear my gold ring, but for workouts.

My wife and I started off with Rings and would take them off when at the gym. However, after we both lost a bunch of weight, our rings didn't fit anymore. Mine in particular would fly across the room if I moved my arm too much. So we decided to get tattoos of the first letter of the other's name. Works out great since I don't like jewelry and never could get used to a ring. Plus there's no worry of ever losing it. But I know not everyone is willing to do this.

• Like 1

Always been a habit of mine to take it off while strength training.  It'll tear up the grips on a home pullup bar, and gold is no match for steel knurling.

My wife and I started off with Rings and would take them off when at the gym. However, after we both lost a bunch of weight, our rings didn't fit anymore. Mine in particular would fly across the room if I moved my arm too much. So we decided to get tattoos of the first letter of the other's name. Works out great since I don't like jewelry and never could get used to a ring. Plus there's no worry of ever losing it. But I know not everyone is willing to do this.

My brother in law wanted to get this done. I think it's a pretty cool idea, how was the sensation of pain getting tattooed in such a sensitive area?

My brother in law wanted to get this done. I think it's a pretty cool idea, how was the sensation of pain getting tattooed in such a sensitive area?

This is my first and only tattoo, and honestly it wasn't bad. There were a few times it made me take me eyes off the TV and look at the artist, but not bad. And I have pretty skinny, boney fingers. My wife has a bigger tattoo on top of her foot that she got before the ring and she said the ring was more painful than her foot. So I guess it really just varies.

I just really like never having to worry that I lost my ring or left it somewhere. And with the job field that I'm about to enter I've seen some pretty nasty deglove pictures from people that left their rings on.

I have a QALO silicone ring and love it. I rarely wear my gold band any more. I don't like the metal ring snagging and tearing my gloves at work, and I prefer the dexterity I gain from tighter gloves than just wearing a size larger to accommodate the ring. The silicone does not snag as easily and is much more comfortable.

My part time job is at a township fire station. My duties are primarily EMS, but I am expected to maintain my Fire certs and preform those duties if needed.The silicone rings are a little safer when working with the power tools we use and the heat we work in.

For $20, you can't beat them. It keeps my wife happy that I am wearing a band regularly as well.

I just take mine off.  I'm in and out within 20 minutes, so there's not really any risk of being hit on.

Regarding tattoos, my wife and I considered them, but was told by a well-respected tattoo shop that they don't do finger tattoos as a general practice because they tend to deteriorate very quickly.