Seattle Meetup Tuesday December 8th

Greetings all!  SpecialSundae is coming from Scotland and is going to be competing at the Commonwealth Powerlifting Championship in Richmond BC on 12/2/15.  If you are free please go cheer her on!  http://www.commonwealthpowerlifting.com/

After she sets all the records she will be in Seattle to see our city and meet some of the wonderful NF community here on Tuesday December 8th.  Seems like a good excuse for another overdue meetup!  So I'm posting this early to see if we can herd some cats and make this thing happen

Date:  Tuesday December 8th
Time:  TBD (Probably 5-8PMish)

The tentative plan is to do a meet and greet dinner/potluck at her rental apartment &...unsure from there.  Will update as we get things fleshed out more and a better idea of how many people plan to attend.

Hope to see you all there!

• Like 1

Sounds fun. I rthink I will be able to make it.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Where is the flat?  Could give you better suggestions for that neighborhood.  I think last year we had a get together at a game shop, which was fun.  We played cards or Catan or something.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I can't make it , we're doing some family Christmas stuff. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

We're near Thomas C Wales Park. :)

So, that's the Queen Anne / South Lake Union area.  There's plenty of places to eat/drink near there but as far as I know, the good game shops are all a few miles away.  Do you have a car?

hmm, 'kay... wanna meet for drinks at Cactus, say, 4 pm?  They have a cocktail-oriented bar and the food's pretty good (so I think).  If you'd rather have whiskey and beer, Brave Horse Tavern is not bad.  

(Other restaurants in the area are likely to be fine too, I just haven't tried any others except Serious Pie, which serves pizza so you paleo folks probably don't want that.)

For anyone showing up, there's likely to be crowds as the workday winds down.  Don't even think about trying to drive (I'm reluctantly going to have to brave the rain and bus it).

Ok, well, just post what you want, when you want it to happen.  I'm just as happy to miss the commuter rush and do things later, but not too late cuz, you know, work.