Rangers Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

Rurik Harrgath

Character Name: Cheerful Dame

Alignment: Jedi

Race: Human

Class: Smuggler

Force Skills: Hibernation Trance, Revitalize

General Knowledge:Food Sourcing & Preparation, General Movement, Repair of Random Things, Improvising

Light Saber: Orange (Jedi that prefer orange-bladed sabers tend to be conflicted individuals, and while they tend to gravitate toward the light side of the Force, it’s usually begrudgingly. Jedi with orange lightsabers have typically had a brush with the dark side of the Force, and despite the fact that they’re usually morally good, they tend to have a mischievous streak.)

Level: 3    Race: Wood Elf

STR: 4    DEX: 4    STA: 5 CON: 4    WIS: 4    CHA: 5

Previous Challenge Current Challenge

Spoiler

5%

Bodyweight Workout 3X per week (1of 18 total)

8%
8%

Cardio 2X per week (1 of 12 total)

23%
23%

30 Days of Yoga - Day 7 Completed

gallery_17054_2043_1121.jpg

Character Name: Lirae Ng'stro

Home Planet: Corellia

Class: Consular
Force Skills: Scholar (eidetic memory, rapid learning); 
Seer (clairvoyance); Mental influence and persuasion (telepathy, including a special affinity with plants and animals)

General Knowledge: Communication skills - visual, verbal, technological; creative teaching of technical and artistic skills to younglings

Lightsaber: Green

Blade Type: Single straight blade

Lirae is a bit older than most of her counterparts, having trained with a Green Jedi Master on Corellia until her Master's death at the hands of a Sith Lord. The Jedi High Council is somewhat dubious of the Green Jedis, seeing them as borderline heretical due to their primary allegiance to Corellia and their strong Jedi lineages rooted in familial ties. That leaves Lirae feeling that she has something to prove upon her arrival on Tython. Or not. It might be hard for her fellow Padawans to tell. With her intense focus and drive to learn, she's spending a lot of her time holed up in the Jedi library studying and/or planning something.

• Like 7

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Yay! I'm so in. Just let me suss out my character and stuff and get back to you...

7027278b58e1bb5c5c615f27a4628a94.jpg

Character Name: Tea

Alignment: Jedi Sith (changed for balance!)
Class: Wildling
Force Skills: 
Telekinesis, Sight, Force Detection 

General Knowledge: Food sourcing and prepping, basic combat (unarmed), basic first aid

Lightsaber: Turquoise

Tea spent her formative years as an orphan on Kashyyyk, raised by the wookies when one of them found her crying under a bush in the Shadowlands. She was recruited by the Jedi when she was one of the first humans to complete the Wookie's deadly coming-of-age ceremony; sensing the movement of the Siren Plant's deadly vines and stealing it's fibers as a token of success. As a parting gift from her adopted family, Tea was given a second-hand turquoise lightsaber found hanging from the petals of a Siren Plant. 

• Like 5

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Well, I was not expecting this...

You got: Turquoise

Turquoise-bladed lightsabers are usually less meticulously crafted or calibrated than other lightsabers, and can fail when put under too much pressure, but can also output more power than standard lightsabers. Turquoise lightsaber wielders tend to have personalities that match their more primal weapons, and they often act without first considering the consequences.

http://www.playbuzz.com/coltondunn10/which-rpg-class-are-you

Congratulations, you are a ranger!
Rangers are very unique due to their superior level of versatility and their ability to excel in almost everything that they do. With training, they can master fighting with almost everything from swords to bows, they can tame most animals of choice with ease, they normally have a great knowledge of poisons and, if they choose, potions of many variants, and they are even capable of low-level magic(Normally only enchanting abilities.). They are skilled all around and are probably the most self-sufficient class of all of them, with rogues coming in at a close second. Rangers are respected, and feared, for their secrecy and all-around skill.
These are independent, cunning, and highly-skilled fighters.

• Like 6

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

tenal_ka_djo_swleu_6714.jpg

Character Name: Nedwin

Race: Furyan
Class: Ranger
Force Skills: Energy (Wrath of the Furyans, Precognition, Energy/Force Resistance)

General Knowledge: Crafting, tracking, animal charming

Lightsaber: Turqoise

After the destruction of the Calox III Jedi Academy by the Sith Lord Darth Verraeter's cult followers, those Jedi Assassin apprentices that survived were spread across the Galaxy. Nedwin made her way to the planet Tython where she was allowed by the Council to continue training, despite her previous affiliation with the dissidents. They sensed in her the will to survive and believed her rage towards the Sith could be tamed and re-directed towards the defense of peace. Did her time at the Academy sway her away from the beliefs of the Council? She was only an apprentice, after all. Only she knew her true feelings, which she kept hidden.

:Week 1: Walk, jog, and run at least 30 miles - Nov 2-8 42.25 miles

• Like 6

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

*Saved for Wolfie*

Name: Arkaryn

Alignment: chaotic good

Race: human

Class: Jedi Knight

Lightsaber: Orange-

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwarsjediroleplay/images/0/09/Star_wars_lightsabers_lightsaber_1920x1080_wallpaper_www.wall321.com_36.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/400?cb=20140508002235

Force Skills: Force Speed, Art of Movement, Force Jump, Force Lightning, Force Persuasion, Telekinesis, Mind Trick

Lightsaber Combat/Form: specialize in Ataru

I got orange- makes total sense :)

P.S. I can also go sith if you need more [emoji106]ðŸ»[emoji106]ðŸ»

Darth_Chratis_Sebaddon.jpg

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Alright then, let's roll with orange. Kel Dorans always have been my favorite Star Wars race anyway....

PloKoonV31024.jpg

Character Name: Bro Koon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Kel Dor
Class: Baran Do Outcast
Force Skills: Stasis, Push/Pull, Speed, Deflection, Sight, Precognition, Meditation, Force Detection, Lightsaber Dueling, Mind Trick

General Knowledge: Legal scriptures and traditions, Piloting, Tracking

Lightsaber: Orange

• Like 4

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Character Name: Nym Iblis

Alignment: Gray-ish Jedi (but I can go Sith if you need more Sith).
Race: Human (Corellian)
Class: Jedi Shadow (from here:)

• Jedi Shadow â€“ The secret police of the Order, Shadows worked under the supervision of the First Knowledge Council and were dispatched to destroy all agents of the dark side. Heavily employed after the New Sith Wars, the Shadows were responsible for erasing the word "Sith" from the minds of the majority of galactic citizens.[2]

Lightsaber: Purple. (Hooray for team moral ambiguity!)

Force Skills: Lightsaber combat, Hide, Speed, Push/Pull, Mind Trick

General Skills: Piloting, Astrogation, Electronics

• Like 8

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Character Name: Siandral

Alignment: Sith
Class: Eventual Inquisitor if I can manipulate and control enough people and survive
Force Skills: Combat, Persuasion, Receptive and Projective Telepathy, Force Sense, Control Pain

General Knowledge: Linguistics, Research, Ancient Civilizations

Lightsaber: Purple

3ddde171-ae6a-4b29-b6d5-fa1e2e82ed53_zps

Siandral slammed her fist on her desk in frustration, eyeing the reports and news coming in. Those idiots had gone in to the tomb without precautions or thought that something dangerous could be awaiting them. Or perhaps they went in and only one came out. Betrayal, after all, was not unknown amongst those like her. Apprentices climbed the ladder by pulling those above them off and crushing them. At least now she had confirmation of the tomb containing lost artifacts and knowledge. The question was how to turn this whole debacle to her advantage and who she'd need to talk to in order to get more information. Knowledge was power and Siandral wanted that power Those artifacts could hold pricelsss information that she could use in the coming days. With a sigh she sat to begin her meditations in order to focus her thoughts before she would review all the knowledge and data she had at hand.She needed to gather information on the 3 apprentices and the Lord who were missing as well as the reports about what was contained within the tomb and the Sith Lord who's tomb it was. This was going to be a long night.

• Like 9

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

First off, OMG YAY STAR WARS THEME MINI CHALLENGE OMG SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!!!

Second, it took a lot of self control for me NOT to name every single EU character pictured in this thread so far. Good to know my knowledge of characters is still quite dependable.

Third, CHARACTER SHEET YAY!

CarshottaTCW_zpsmhh4zg1n.png

Character Name: Ski Halcyon
Alignment: Lawful Good/Jedi
Race: Torguta
Class: Jedi Consular/Paladin
Force Skills: Mind-affecting, Illusions, Energy Manipulation, Empathy, Healing
General Knowledge: Acrobatics, Galactic Lore, Psychology
Lightsaber: Green

Ski Halcyon is quite adept in the Force; however, she lacks the seemingly common Force powers of telekinetics. In order to make up for what she lacks, she devoted her time training to other skill areas. She has a great affinity for sensing others' emotions and thoughts, can create strong mental illusions in other people's minds (though she avoids doing so whenever she can), has an uncanny ability to manipulate various energy sources, and has trained herself hard physically, since the Force cannot aid her in physical feats. She found a calling with the Jedi Consular's, applying her mental prowess to aid in negotiations and diplomatic missions. Despite having trained her body hard, she only results to physical force when necessary, preferring to resolve situations through other means whenever possible.

Ski is on Tython for more training with high ranking Jedi Consulars and looking for an effective place to apply her skill set within the Jedi Order.

• Like 6

You had me at Jedi...

Character Name: Molka Lawhi (according to the Lucas Equation)

Class: Smuggler

Force Skills: Empathy, Intuition, Stealth

General Knowledge: Food sourcing, handicrafts, improvised weapons

Lightsaber: Blue, according to the quiz

• Like 4

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Character Name: Pat

Force Skills: Endurance, survival, first aid

General Knowledge: Tracking, hunting, languages, orienteering

Lightsaber: Info not on file

• Like 3

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

Squee! Infos coming soon :)

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 3

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

In honor of the new challenge commencing..

Star Wars CATS!

gallery_17054_2043_24598.jpg

• Like 15

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Bro Koon came out of meditation as a soft breeze blew over his face. It was refreshing, but deadly should he remove his breathing apparatus. The contrast screamed for his mind to start galloping across philosophical extensions of the concept, but meditation was over and now it was time to return to the harsh reality, beautiful and murderous just like that wind. Bro Koon stood up, the handle of his lightsaber playfully bouncing on his thigh. News of the holocron's discovery had alerted him of dire events ahead. There was power to be had and people would be willing to do bad things in order to wield it. His Force visions hadn't been clear on what happened after that, but the Kel Dor was convinced that with such great power, corruption would soon follow. He couldn't afford doing nothing. It was his duty to make sure that the holocron ends up into the right hands, even if those weren't his. The balance had to be kept. "Justice will be served, for I am her sword" he spoke to no one in particular. "And I am sworn, ever vigilant."

• Like 6

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

jumping_cats_with_lightsabers.jpg

Character Name:   Sue

Race:  Cat
Force Skills:  Jedi mind tricks

Lightsaber:  Blue (because the quiz said so)

I'm playing along despite my unfortunate lack of knowledge and reverence for all things Star Wars.  Luckily I'm a fan by association with the hubs and kids.  I witness lightsaber fights daily in my home, so I am practically living on the Death Star, right?

• Like 9

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

I never know on these types of things if we’re supposed to RP as our Avatar, or pick something else and go from there. I’ll go with my avatar, since I’ve had a long time to get to know who she is. 

Character Name:  Darkfoxx

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Race: Wood Elf

Force Skills: Mental manipulation, a little telekinesis, a little fire starting 

General Knowledge: Food sourcing, prep and nutrition; a little lore; a little fix-it; a little healing; lots of planning

Lightsaber: Orange - fickle figures. I can swing wildly toward the Dark Side, but occasionally like to hang with compatriots on the Light. Plus: military drudgery isn’t really my bag - I’d rather be doing something.

• Like 8

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Love this challenge and it is a perfect opportunity to actually get to know Star Wars!

Character Name: Asa Pond

Class: Jedi Consular 

Force Skills: Force Barrier and Force Suppression

General Knowledge: Stealth and Piloting

Lightsaber: Blue

• Like 5

Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt.

I'm in (I hope!!!)

Character Name: Terah

Alignment: Neutral Ambiguous
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Outcast with Jedi dreams
Force Skills: Secret keeper, telekinesis and hand-to-hand combat

General Knowledge: Survival, peacekeeper and perpetual student in the Jedi arts

Lightsaber:  Purple - Another morally ambiguous Jedi. (So I remember ->> Typically, purple-bladed saber wielders favor light-sided Force powers, but do not limit themselves to them, and can train in abilities that are sometimes looked down upon within Jedi orders. Wielders of purple-bladed lightsabers use their powers for good, but can be calculating and distrustful.)

enhanced-buzz-25958-1277227556-16.jpg
  • Like 8

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Recovery

Battle/Quest Log and Instagram: TerraOracle

Sorry about the wait, folks.  Last night was a bit of a snorefest!

Week 1's RP and Trait is up!  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73827-rangers-gonna-ranger-the-official-mini-challenge/?p=1692243

• Like 5

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

WHOO!  I'm in!  Just gotta go put some stuff together and do the thing with the thing...

• Like 2

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes