Rangers Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

Rurik Harrgath

Excellent! I should be able to do this even with an injured knee, even if I don't go very far, I'll try exploring somewhere I've never been. 

Nixed the exploring, as the physio has said today that I should be cycling for the health of my knee. so I am going to accumulate 30kms cycled this week. (on the exercise bike because bald and flat tyres, and a bung knee and general danger outside xD)

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

This is as far as I've gotten....

Character Name: Aleta

Alignment: Jedi
Race: Human
Force Skills: Telekinesis

General Knowledge: Swimming, animal husbandry, martial arts, first aid

Lightsaber: Turquoise

My goal this week is a little light because I already have a big event (marathon) planned. Don't want to tack on too much unfamiliar exercise:

Run a marathon and have some general adventures while exploring zombie territory (running near filming locations of the Walking Dead)

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Woohoo! I'm in, I hope :) Trying not to bite off more than I can chew, but this looks too fun to pass up. 

30547a85a3e72415ac4b9efbd26da402.jpg

Character Name: Virago Lin

Alignment: Gray Jedi (Strong Light side lean/Chaotic Good)
Class: Ranger
Force Skills: Empathy, Heal, Hide

General Knowledge: Foreign languages, combat, stealth, navigation

Lightsaber: Yellow (according to the quiz, that is; I would have picked purple, but I liked the yellow/Sentinel synopsis!)

EDIT: For week one's movement challenge, I will be more attentive than normal to my surroundings on my dog walks and either try a new route or document/identify something new about the terrain. :) 

• Like 3

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

CHARACTER SHEET

Character Name: Maya

Class: Siren

Force Skills: Teleportation, Manipulation of the elements

General Knowledge: Galactic History, Stealth, Tonics/Potions

Lightsaber: Turquoise

Going with a crazy pants theme mash up here and smooshing my Borderlands character from my personal challenge into the Star Wars world because I cannnn. #sorrynotsorry

Week One Goal: Movement - Accumulate 70+ minutes of primal squatting throughout the week. COMPLETE!

Week Two Goal:Stealth - Accumulate 15 minutes+ of primal crawling throughout the week, trying at least 3 different types of crawls. FAIL.

Week Three Goal: Ranger Hobby - Figure out how to incorporate archery into my life more.  COMPLETE!

Week Four Goal: Ranger Competency - Thanksgiving Cooking.  COMPLETE!

Week Five Goal: Inspiration - Darkfoxx's Holiday Light Ruck.  COMPLETE!

Week Six Goal: Knowledge Nature - Read a chapter in my neglected foraging book.  COMPLETE!

• Like 4

Week 1 goal:  It's been a looooong time since I've done any animal flow or prasara yoga stuff (other than some animal movements in parkour class).  So, my goal is to accumulate 60 minutes of animal flow practice over the course of the week.   These are some of my favorite videos to try to imitate.

• Like 6

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Week 1 goal: Saturday I will go out for some scouting and try to find where the moose went to hide for the winter.

• Like 1

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

Siandral responded to the command with barely a nod before moving away from the other apprentices. Let them scrabble to discover information and find out what happened among themselves. She had known this was going to happen from the moment the whispers of the missing apprentices and Sith Lord had begun to fill the halls. The red head made for her rooms, barely pausing as she swept past the door and grabbed the bag she had prepared the day before. Out of habit she checked the supplies carried within to make sure she would not be caught unprepared. Water. A bag to keep things dry.  Key supplies for several days in case this trek took longer than planned. A change of clothes, her journal for notes, some goggles to protect her face. A back up pair of lenses and her communication and recording devices in case she needed to record anything of interest to be reviewed at a later date. Then she snagged her lightsaber, an extra cloak for protection against the elements and headed back out. She knew some of the others would have likely prepared ahead of time as she did. They might already be heading to the site of the tomb. But she intended to get their first, discover what happened and report back. And discover any lost knowledge or lore for herself. After all Lord Krado had only wanted answers to what had happened. He mentioned nothing about handing over other holocubes or information. If nothing else she could say this way she did exactly as she was told to do and it would be the truth. With a swirl of her cloak Siandral pulled the hood up over herself and stalked off with her weapons attached to her and thrown over her shoulder, the bag strapped to her body, her preparations having put her in good stead to begin this quest.

Week 1 Challenge: I will hike 10 miles and ruck 10 miles this week. Separate from each other. So I may hike 4 miles tomorrow and ruck 5 miles Wednesday etc etc. Its a fair bit I know but I have plans to hike tons this week anyways as I start conditioning my body and it's not going to be too much to throw some extra weight into my bag every other day or so. So 10 miles hiking and 10 miles rucking. Go me!

• Like 7

Level 2 Elf Ranger

6 Dex, 11 Con, 2 Wis, 2 Cha, 4 Str

My Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1/2/3

My Battle Log

I have such a good plan for this one! 

tumblr_inline_mq97e5pjWQ1qz4rgp.gif

Oh, man.  Good movie!

tumblr_inline_n0e3qoPJvn1sz2naa.gif

• Like 4

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

THE CHARACTER SHEET

Character Name: Chaos

Class: Gypsy
Force Skills: Meditation, Mobility

General Knowledge: Food, Animal Lore

Lightsaber: Purple

Week 1 Goal: I will rock climb for 1 hour on Saturday. This may be interesting since I haven't been since the busy season at work started in August.

• Like 4

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

STR 2.5 | DEX 0 | STA 5.5 | CON 2.5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Challenge: 1, 2

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.

~Margaret Thatcher

Can I tag along even if I have basically 0 knowledge relating to Star Wars ;u; (please put the pitchforks and lightsabers away, my childhood was just bizarrely lacking in most nerd-doms. I have been making up for it in recent years but for goodness sake please don't kill me)

So yeah... I'm a Star Wars virgin.

-coughs-

• Like 7

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

Lirae carefully re-wrapped the small, carved figure and returned it to the librarian. Not all things of interest in this place were in digital form. She had made it a point to get acquainted with those who ran the facility and, as luck would have it, she had hit it off with the custodian of the archaeological collection. She had learned much of late about the beliefs, rituals, and history of the people of Tython and she thought she might well have found some valuable clues for ways to help resolve the brewing artifact crisis. And even if those did not pan out, she had a much better understanding of the values and attitudes of the people she was likely to encounter during the approaching mission. Knowledge was power, and she was determined to wield it wisely.

Wisdom took many forms, Lirae realized. She left the library and went to her quarters. There, she placed some weights in her pack, then headed out to join the others.

This week: 12 miles - combination of walking and rucking. (2 miles / 20% more than I had originally planned for the week,)

Today: .93 miles rucking and an additional 2.11 miles walking.

Total: 3.04 miles

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Sounds like my storyline fits better with the Jedi this round (go team moral ambiguity!)

Bro Koon was the least excited among those who would be joining the reaction force when he heard the mission. He had left the Baran Do behind because he thought they were too passive. Not that they didn't care about what happened around them, but they preferred inaction and observation. Bro Koon despised that attitude, believing it gave injustice room to grow and get away unpunished. When he learned of the Jedi, he was inspired to join them as he thought they were an order that acted instead of keeping to the shadows and shaking off their share of responsibility. In his time training with them, Bro Koon was once again let down. The Jedi were too patient for his liking. Even worse, every time he voiced his complaints he would only be rewarded with foreboding endless lectures about the Dark Side of the Force. Now they were getting ready to move out and concern themselves with rising tensions between the local populace. It was better than nothing, but Bro Koon had learned to keep his expectations to a minimum. However, there was something different about the situation this time. No seniors tagged along for the ride. Of course, the Kel Dor knew they would be monitoring progress and sizing up their recruits, but nobody would be physically present on site. That just might be his chance to show those Jedi the errors of their ways. He had to get there first. He needed the headstart.

Week 1: I have a 9k night race scheduled for Wednesday. It's not timed and I don't have prior data for 9k races, so I'll use my own timer and hope it doesn't give up halfway in. I recently did a 10k in 55', which yields an average speed of 181.8m/minute. That means using the same pace, 9k should take 49,5'. My goal for Week 1 will be to do those 9k in under 49,5 minutes.

• Like 8

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Week 1: I have a 9k night race scheduled for Wednesday. It's not timed and I don't have prior data for 9k races, so I'll use my own timer and hope it doesn't give up halfway in. I recently did a 10k in 55', which yields an average speed of 181.8m/minute. That means using the same pace, 9k should take 49,5'. My goal for Week 1 will be to do those 9k in under 49,5 minutes.

ooooh night race! Fun!!! Jealous!

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I have a Night race half marathon on Saturday. My first ever night race. Will let you guys know how I did at the after party.

Matt

• Like 4

The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Level 4 Ranger

STR 4 STA 4 WIS 3 CON 3 INT 3 CHA 2 DEX 2

Holder of the Sal Ivanth Boots of Striding +2 (10% to distance traveled)

Wielder of the Bound Bow (25 pts magical or physical damage)

Wolf and I will be going to Enchanted Rock Natural area next week, that will cover my mobility goal as I have never been there before.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Molka couldn't quite understand the faith that Master Do-Ran put in her. She’d never been a natural leader, and she sure as hell had never considered herself to be outstanding among her peers. Still, if he had said he saw something in her – which he had – then it must be at least partially true.

Taking a deep breath in, Molka checked the training plan for the week.

“6 miles? I can run six miles. That’s hardly any task…â€

Her senses tingled slightly as she gazed to the sky. The grey clouds were moving in. Surely it would never get as bad as Hoth… but perhaps six miles would be more of a challenge if the weather started to amplify. It was getting to the end of the season after all. This meant nothing as far as training was concerned. Wars weren’t fought only in the sunny days.

This would all make her more resilient in the end.

______
Goal: Run a total of 6 miles this week in alignment with half marathon training.

• Like 6

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Only one rebel seems worrisome, the one called Bro Koon.  He is brooding and somewhat reckless in training.  His moves during training are quite impressive though.  He could be an ally, but I'm uncertain if we can count on his rebel loyalty for long.  He is often glancing over the recruits as though assessing how best to defeat them rather than help them.  He seems ready for battle no matter the cost.

Carma throws some weights in her bag and rushes to catch Lirae, keeping a close eye on the progress of Bro Koon.

Wait, our stories crossover? I thought from the description of the Jedi master pickin out one special student (you a.k.a. each participant) that we were kind of running parallel versions of the same story

I am so ready for this

Azardcommand2.jpg

• Like 7

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

OK, here goes my first Ranger mini-challenge!

Here's my character deets:

Character Name: MG99

Race: Mirialan/Cyborg

Home Planet: Kashyk

Alignment: Sith 
Class: Ranger
Force Skills: Force Speed, Force Stealth, Force Persuasion, Force Throw, Force Wave

Lightsaber: Orange

Blade Type: Double straight blade

This week I will run or hike at least 18 miles.  

So far I've hiked 2.8 with my wolfen companion, not counting all the walking I do at work.

• Like 4

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

Wait, our stories crossover? I thought from the description of the Jedi master pickin out one special student (you a.k.a. each participant) that we were kind of running parallel versions of the same story

I am so ready for this

Azardcommand2.jpg

eh, it seemed more fun to include some characters.  I can change it though if it's going to mess with things.  

Took down my story for now.  Don't wait to cause unrest among the recruits.  ;)

• Like 3

Rangering since Sept 2015