• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Rangers Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

Week One Skill Goal: For every day this week, I will only sit for 25 minutes at a time. When time is up, get up and move constantly for 5 minutes before sitting again. I will also spend 15 minutes during my lunch break walking around campus. While simple, it's something I need to work on greatly and want to incorporate into my healthy lifestyle habits.

Ski had just finished her morning meditation and training session when she heard the news. Had it not been for her meditation, she would have sensed the unease around her sooner. Taking a deep breath, she steadied her senses, gathered her belt, which was already packed with the simple necessities, and headed toward the gathering point.

As she walked, she gently probed the emotions that she felt from the band of novices. Most were nervous and eager, like she expected. When she finally reached them, she picked up a faint tingling of conflict and impulse. Her mouth contorted into a frown for a moment. She was confident that she could find a non-violent solution to the issue with the locals, but having the faint sense of recklessness from the group she'd accompany made her anxious.

This would certainly be a test for her. Could she keep the locals AND the padawans from causing more harm than good?

• Like 4

fe3f4f36a16f86e63b9dd1a89ee8c550.jpg

Character Name:  Manx Corcson

Alignment:  Light
Race:  Human
Class:  Skirmisher
Force Skills:  Force Aura, Pull, Speed

General Knowledge: Tactics, cybernetics, acrobatics

Lightsaber: Orange wrist sabers

As a cocky pre-teen rogue, Manx bit off more than he could chew after getting caught breaking into a Mandalorian supply depot. His captors used a mono blade to remove both his arms at the elbow and set him off into the jungle wilds to feed the local inhabitants. Unknown to them, a jedi had been staking out their location for days and rescued the boy after he stumbled into the foliage. Suprisingly, Manx had some skill in the force and was brought back to the Jedi Temple to train.

Using artificial cybernetic hands, Manx's lightsaber skills were weak, especially in one on one duels. Machines could not compensate for force driven precision and speed of the wrists and hands. To compensate, he tricked out his cybernetic hands to include "surprises" he could use in combat, many of these inspired by bounty hunter equipment that he could research or scavenge. This would allow him to win a duel or two until all the other trainees learnt of his new trick and how to deal with it, whereas he would be soundly defeated again. Eventually he integrated his lightsabers into his cybernetic arms, at the cost of shortening their length considerably but it seems to work for him. His main tactic in combat is to sow confusion as much as possible through smoke and flash bombs, use of varied terrain and hit and run tactics to get in close and then get out while causing as much damage as possible. It's not a very Jedi method of combat as his masters have told him, but Manx is making due with what he's got. As a result, he excels at fighting larger groups of lesser opponents compared to many of his other trainees.

Time to catch up with the other padawans since I'm a little behind. Force jump can get you so far, but a force jump with a grappling hook out of my arm should be even faster. I've got a climbing rope in my front yard that needs some love. I'll do a minimum of 3 climbs a day.

• Like 9

OK, I'm not so good at storytelling, but I want to get in on the fun.

d6iwseymqe478u1vxfyp.jpg

Character Name: QRG

Alignment: chaotic good
Race:human
Class:jedi-ish
Force Skills: meditation, push, crafting

General Knowledge: little bit of everything

Lightsaber: Purple

WEEK 1:  I'm planning to start rucking this weekend.  Sunday to be exact.  Not sure where yet but my Sunday walking buddy brought up a couple parks nearby.  

• Like 8

Wait, our stories crossover? I thought from the description of the Jedi master pickin out one special student (you a.k.a. each participant) that we were kind of running parallel versions of the same story

I am so ready for this

Azardcommand2.jpg

eh, it seemed more fun to include some characters.  I can change it though if it's going to mess with things.  

Took down my story for now.  Don't wait to cause unrest among the recruits.   ;)

My intent was that people could crossover their characters' story arcs if they wanted, but overall Master Do-Ran is actively recruiting the individual player. 

Think of it in the MMORPG sense... you're the chosen one, but you're running around with other players who are their own chosen ones.

• Like 10

My intent was that people could crossover their characters' story arcs if they wanted, but overall Master Do-Ran is actively recruiting the individual player. 

Think of it in the MMORPG sense... you're the chosen one, but you're running around with other players who are their own chosen ones.

well crud, I took mine down.  I'm no writer anyway, so it may be for the best.  ;)

• Like 1

Oh, man.  Good movie!

tumblr_inline_n0e3qoPJvn1sz2naa.gif

They always make the red heads the evil ones! We don't all consume souls like Shang Tsung, ya know...

Wolf

• Like 1

Wolf and I will be going to Enchanted Rock Natural area next week, that will cover my mobility goal as I have never been there before.

I was going to use this for my mobility goal as well. It seems too easy to say I'm gonna ruck this week and THAT count. No, no, no...not for this Werespartan. Nooooo sirrrreeeee. So, I'll just have to double up like the Ranger I am and get 'er done. If next weeks challenge has anything to do with expertly stuffing ones face, I'll definitely be able to knock out both feats ;)

Wolf

• Like 5

Doll, it is ok. My wife grew up with her dad addicted to Sci Fi, but knows nothing about the holy trilogy.

But really go watch at least the original 3.

;u; Okay, I will.

That is tomorrow's agenda, start the original 3. 

As for NF related, my challenge and the pvp I joined are both walking, so my Week 1 is to tack on an additional 5min. That is actually challenging for me so it hopefully counts. I am always going some random route (and occasionally Geocaching along the way) which keeps things interesting. c:

• Like 2

Lirae calculated the time she had to get a light exercise ruck in before the rest of the Jedi apprentices would be ready to leave. With all the milling about, she figured she had time to finish her little jaunt around the Training Academy and still have time to get back and exchange her packs before anything of interest happened. She would be warmed up and ready to go, and there would be time to get to know the others a bit more on the trek to the village. 

She was a little surprised when Carma joined her on her trek around the compound. As a bit of an outsider, she was happy to have the company. The conversation let both of them get to know each other a little better - there had been precious little time for that with all their studies and Lirae's library time. It also let them get a handle on their nerves before setting off on the reaction force mission. Lirae would prefer a peaceful solution, but was quite aware that without the strong presence of one or more Masters in the group, the situation would be more difficult to keep from spiraling out of control. 

She took a deep breath and was glad not only for her warrior training, but for skills from her time working in the forests and grasslands of Corellia. Her old firefighter awareness and risk management training might come in handy in unexpected ways. As she and Carma headed back towards the gathering on the green, she looked at the group and wondered. Incident command had always been a lot like herding cats, keeping the "cowboys" from getting themselves into trouble, and everyone else in that middle zone between "fighting fire aggressively, but providing for safety first." This group was likely to need some of that balance. She would feel better about it if there were some other apprentices who stepped up with leadership skills, too. With this many people, span of control would be an issue. 

"Guess this will show how connected, and committed, we all are to the light side of the Force," she thought wryly to herself.

@Marauder - Your story lives on in email notifications... Why not make some friends? I'm game for criss-crossing storylines. :)

• Like 7

They always make the red heads the evil ones! We don't all consume souls like Shang Tsung, ya know...

Wolf

Wait....we red heads aren't supposed to consume souls? I've been doing it wrong all this time?! Noooooo!Well darn it....Im not giving the souls I have back. They're mine, mine I tell you!

• Like 9

Wait....we red heads aren't supposed to consume souls? I've been doing it wrong all this time?! Noooooo!Well darn it....Im not giving the souls I have back. They're mine, mine I tell you!

Power to the GINGERS!!! Trust me, I've got both my shoulders covered with souls freckles and aint none of them little bastards are escaping!

^^ I realize this doesn't help my argument...

Wolf

• Like 2

Power to the GINGERS!!! Trust me, I've got both my shoulders covered with souls freckles and aint none of them little bastards are escaping!

^^ I realize this doesn't help my argument...

Wolf

Oh goodie, then I shall go back to consuming souls and adding to the soulmarks freckles laced across my face and shoulders and arms and...oh jeez, let's just hope the Winchesters don't come looking for me.

*raises hand* I have always wanted to punch a dragon.

Also, random nerdy history bit aside. Red heads used to be evil in many stories because a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.....or in Egypt it was associated with Typhon, the evil counterpart to Osiris. In middle ages it was thought to be a mark of those associated with the devil, witches and such. Many a person was burned just for being a red head. That carried throughout history in alot of different ways. But there's a mini history lesson on why red heads always get the short end of the stick in Disney movies. Unless they are mermaids. Or Scottish bow wielding chieftans daughters.

• Like 3

Oh goodie, then I shall go back to consuming souls and adding to the soulmarks freckles laced across my face and shoulders and arms and...oh jeez, let's just hope the Winchesters don't come looking for me.

*raises hand* I have always wanted to punch a dragon.

Also, random nerdy history bit aside. Red heads used to be evil in many stories because a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.....or in Egypt it was associated with Typhon, the evil counterpart to Osiris. In middle ages it was thought to be a mark of those associated with the devil, witches and such. Many a person was burned just for being a red head. That carried throughout history in alot of different ways. But there's a mini history lesson on why red heads always get the short end of the stick in Disney movies. Unless they are mermaids. Or Scottish bow wielding chieftans daughters.

So were lefties.

Tea sat on the floor of the Training Academy, items strewn around her, as she pulled on pieces of armour she had acquired for her first mission as a Jedi Apprentice. She had not been able to afford much, but cladding for her head, hands and joints would protect her from damaging vital parts of her limbs during whatever may come next. Since making it to Tython, Tea had spent any of her free time away from training in the Jedi archives and Library learning everything she could about the Jedi order and what a Holocron even was and what was expected of her with her shiny new Jedi Skills. Master Do-Ran was surveying the new recruits all in various stages of preparation, readying to leave for the settlement in turmoil over the discovery of some powerful Jedi artefact that someone decided to dig up and would undoubtedly use for their own gain. A sigh slipped from her as the panic of having to possibly stop the next great galactic war swept over her, but she pushed that away and let her breathing take the panic away. 

Armoured up, she packed up her things, made sure her pack was secure, and touched the turquoise lightsaber strapped to the small of her back. Not everyone was ready to go so she was able to take a moment to let her senses and eyes wander around the room, feeling out everyone's effects on the force around them. Some were powerful, like a foot to the windpipe, some withdrawn inwards, focussing on themselves and their mission. Some felt the same as her; wandering the room, taking stock of the comrades they would be travelling with. She met eyes with some and gave them a friendly grin and a nod; She hadn't talked to many of them but they all seemed like people she would be comfortable knowing. She would let the Force lead her through whatever came next.

• Like 5

Thanks Nedwin for the Jedi Force Skills list, that makes things a bit easier for me. So my character sheet update:

Character Name: Cynehelm

Alignment: Jedi

Race: Lycan

Class: Grey Jedi

Force Skills: Force Push, Force Pull, Force Resistance, Force Scream

General Knowledge: Arcane knowledge [Anglo-Norse Religion, Runes], Combat Skills [staff, walking-stick, mace, hammer], Food sourcing, Food Preparation, General Movement, General Survival, Nature [Weather, time, plantlore]

Lightsaber: Purple.

I had to change my occupation to better fit my skills [which are near my own actual skill set]. I chose the darkside power [according to the list shared by Nedwin] Force Scream as it fits well with the Lycan race [besides my angry dad voice can be heard half a mile away  :rapture:]. Cynehelm is the name of my SCA persona [7th Century Mercian Thegn].

For the first week goal I will do some walking, maybe take my daypack with some weight in it for a ruck style walk. 

Cynehelm knew if he wanted to become a true Jedi, he would need to prove himself to the Jedi Masters, finding this holocron thing would be a sure way to get himself apprenticed and off of the farm for good. Grabbing his kit he headed off to the settlement to see what he could learn.

• Like 5