Jothra Conquers the Farlands!

Jothra

I'm at almost three months of Shovelglove (or "shugging" as aficionados call it for some reason). I've only missed one day — the same day, coincidentally, that I bought the 17 lb. hammer and ankle weights to get me up to 22 lbs. Meanwhile, I have also shugged a handful of times with my trusty 10-pounder during lunch break at school (to alleviate the afternoon blahs).
     The routine has changed in bits and pieces since I first started. Here's how:

These changes probably seem really minor, but they're making a big difference.
     I'm still halving the reps of each exercise with each circuit, but I've been running all the way through to 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 regardless of how much time I have left. I still set my timer to 14 minutes, though, so I always know I can stop then if I want. It hasn't taken me longer than 18:30 yet, and an extra four and a half minutes doesn't seem to hurt.

20151223_010028_zpsctejr2pf.jpg

Good times.
     Anyway, I'm still running small amounts each day. It's better than nothing, which was, of course, my previous state.
     I'm aiming for eating at maintenance over my Christmas break, but we'll see if I can squeak a deficit in. So far, so good.
     That's it, I guess. Enjoy your holidays!

• Like 2

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

I perform Hoist Sack (hoist the sack? The sack, hoist? I dunno) with two hands. It's still one of the hardest motions I do.

I'll try with two hands, with one hand, I always feel awkward and am afraid I'm going to whack myself in the back

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

My mother in law gave me some money for Christmas, since she didn't know what to give...

...I got myself a nice sledge hammer :)

and built myself

a SHOVELGLOVE! :victorious:

[edit] my mother in law had a strange look on her face when I showed her what she gave me for Christmas ;)

• Like 2

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

My mother in law gave me some money for Christmas, since she didn't know what to give...

...I got myself a nice sledge hammer :)

and built myself

a SHOVELGLOVE! :victorious:

[edit] my mother in law had a strange look on her face when I showed her what she gave me for Christmas ;)

Sledgehammer pah-tay! Also: I was searching and searching for this thread so I could post in it, not realizing that you had posted in here three minutes ago. Ha ha!

During Christmas, there were two non-surprises, and one non-surprise that is nonetheless novel.

The two non-surprises are that I only did half as much walking as usual, and I was at almost exactly maintenance many days, and slightly over it several others. This is as it was last year before I started taking charge again. I was basically planning on it, so no harm, no foul. It's just Christmas.

The novel thing is that, unlike last year, I had a consistent strength thing going on. I shugged Christmas Eve, which I had planned to skip, and skipped Christmas Day, which I had also planned to skip.

People are buying Christmas shirts for me in medium instead of large this year.

Anyway, my next challenge will include Shovelglove, which is basically an indelible part of my evening routine. I will also plan on a winter bicycling component, a diet component, and a drawing component (I will post the drawings on NF.) I don't want to work out the specifics until I have more details about the four-week challenge format.

Until then, then!

• Like 2

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

It sounds like the holidays are going well for you.  Heavier hammers, smaller shirts.  Hurray for progress!  I have to say, the amount of work you put in, and the results you get, is super inspiring.  Hoping you're on my team for the mini's this time. :)

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs